Group Expectations - Advice

Started 15 Feb 2019
by Marden
in Midgard
I found this server quite by accident this week and I'm having an absolute blast on my baby shaman. I want to start grouping now that solo experience is starting to get painful (level 22), however, I haven't actually played DAoC since back during the SI days.

So: what responsibilities are assumed of me? I don't want to join a group and not know what is expected. I'm guessing Endurance regen on the melee, dex buffs on casters, spot heal as needed? Or would most groups expect a leveling shaman to be a healer?

Or am I stressing all of this too much lol
Fri 15 Feb 2019 8:20 PM by Radikus
Buff and afk, enjoy the free ride to 50 my friend.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 8:46 PM by chryso
Groups want buffs. I am a bit of a maverick as I like to keep my buff about 2-3 levels below my level so I can heal. Sometimes you have trouble finding a healer or something gets on the healer.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 11:35 PM by Luluko
you will be expected to pull all mobs with ae dot then you must run in a circle while your grp mates kill them, also lots of jumping helps with the dot tics to crit

joke ... str/con/endu buffs for melees without a shield specc, and classes like warrior/thane get also dex if they have to tank for better blocking chance, casters get dex/con/acuity buff and endu if needed, you can help with dots for damage or heal depends on the situation but its prlly better to heal your power regs faster outside of combat and ask for the protect skill from melees it helps with the heal aggro
Sat 16 Feb 2019 2:55 PM by Takii
You don't actually want to be full aug because you won't have enough conc to give 20 buffs out. You'll want to be somewhere around 60% Aug 40% mend for leveling.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics