Welcome to dark age of camelot Lizard and Tree edition !

Started 12 Feb 2019
by sprinkle
in PvE
Tired of pve I want to rvr

exp too slow even with all these bonuses, have to kill 23 million mobs

I love the ROG Drops, I love eggs I love all the QOL changes but I would trade it ALL for faster exp
Tue 12 Feb 2019 3:17 PM by Cythraul
The XP is insanely fast. You're crazy.
Tue 12 Feb 2019 3:29 PM by chewchew
sprinkle wrote:
Tue 12 Feb 2019 3:00 PM
[...] I love eggs I love all the QOL changes but I would trade it ALL for faster exp
U know that eggs are literally made to be traded for faster exp, right?
Tue 12 Feb 2019 3:35 PM by Cythraul
Also if you're getting eggs it means you're soloing, which is the slower way of XP gain. Get into those groups! Socialize and level faster!
Tue 12 Feb 2019 3:40 PM by Durgrim
good one. I guess he's trolling
Tue 12 Feb 2019 5:05 PM by Zansobar
sprinkle wrote:

I love the ROG Drops, I love eggs I love all the QOL changes but I would trade it ALL for faster exp

Have you ever tried the 10 item pve task turn ins? you get one level from each 10 turn ins (usually) prior to around level 38.
Tue 12 Feb 2019 8:06 PM by Wellzy
Other way around.

Leveling is too fast.
Wed 13 Feb 2019 11:55 PM by Stryves
Wellzy wrote:
Tue 12 Feb 2019 8:06 PM
Other way around.

Leveling is too fast.

You're basing it on opinion discounting the rest of us. It's still too slow. Eventually this will lead to fewer people grinding on a server, less people to battle in RvR. Why not just make it more fun for everyone?
Thu 14 Feb 2019 4:34 AM by Frieza
Stryves wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019 11:55 PM
Wellzy wrote:
Other way around.

Leveling is too fast.

You're basing it on opinion discounting the rest of us. It's still too slow. Eventually this will lead to fewer people grinding on a server, less people to battle in RvR. Why not just make it more fun for everyone?

assuming youre not trolling, which youd have to be with such ridiculous comments, but oh well:

You cant lump everyone else in with your argument, no one else has agreed with you....you cant say "i speak on behalf of everyone" when no one else is coming in to support you.

The truth is, if youre having a hard time leveling at this rate, i believe you need a different game, or a different class at least.
Thu 14 Feb 2019 11:09 AM by Cen
I'm a bard who has only soloed so far. Havent grouped yet but I'm 10 now and people say groups are faster here so ill have to see if rhats true. I always figured solo is fastest as long as you can kill the mobs but maube theres a larger group bonus here
Thu 14 Feb 2019 2:06 PM by Ardri
sprinkle wrote:

XP is fine if you know how to play. A friend lvl'd from 42-49 and got RR3+ simply from rvr tasks and turning in xp items.
Thu 14 Feb 2019 2:25 PM by kedelin
Leveling is not too slow... My guildie rolled a warrior on Saturday and 12 hours later was 43...
Thu 14 Feb 2019 6:20 PM by sprinkle
90% of the groups im in people join and afk because they don't want to level

most people don't even want to participate in pve but its required to rvr, a clear indication people want to rvr

server should at LEAST be /level20 and the exp required to gain each level should be cut in half

phoenix eggs should drop in a group, exp items should have increased limit 10 not enough !

more 50s means more insane rvr

Please note I am disgruntled because I played uthgard 2.0 and quit at 45 and the amount of exp it took to get there made me sick to my stomach
Thu 14 Feb 2019 6:21 PM by sprinkle
kedelin wrote:
Thu 14 Feb 2019 2:25 PM
Leveling is not too slow... My guildie rolled a warrior on Saturday and 12 hours later was 43...

who plays a 20 year old game for 12 hours?

oh yea unemployed children who think exp isn't slow

( tell your friend to go outside )
Thu 14 Feb 2019 7:57 PM by Kyosji
WAIT...

wait...wait....

waitaminute....

Eggs can be traded between characters? I can grind with my level 50 necro and give all the eggs to my level 20 infi?
Thu 14 Feb 2019 7:57 PM by defiasbandit
Kyosji wrote:
Thu 14 Feb 2019 7:57 PM
WAIT...

wait...wait....

waitaminute....

Eggs can be traded between characters? I can grind with my level 50 necro and give all the eggs to my level 20 infi?
No.
Thu 14 Feb 2019 8:00 PM by Kyosji
chewchew wrote:
Tue 12 Feb 2019 3:29 PM
sprinkle wrote:
[...] I love eggs I love all the QOL changes but I would trade it ALL for faster exp
U know that eggs are literally made to be traded for faster exp, right?

Apparently this is a lie....I hate you soooo much
Thu 14 Feb 2019 11:06 PM by Kyosji
Welp, considering i'm leveling both a scout and an inf, yeah, exp gathering is slow.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 1:38 AM by jg777
Cen wrote:
Thu 14 Feb 2019 11:09 AM
I'm a bard who has only soloed so far. Havent grouped yet but I'm 10 now and people say groups are faster here so ill have to see if rhats true. I always figured solo is fastest as long as you can kill the mobs but maube theres a larger group bonus here

-Each unique class in a group grants an additional 5% XP bonus.

-Grouping means killing more mobs at a faster rate- completing XP tasks faster, and acquiring XP turn in items

-Less/no downtime if the right mix of classes are there

-Specific group set ups can chain pull several mobs at once and kill them with Point Blank Area of Effect spells, drastically increasing XP gains.

So, yes, group whenever possible!
Fri 15 Feb 2019 5:18 AM by Bumbles
Exp is still terrible. 1-30 is pretty fast and can take a few hours, after that it's depressing. I'm an adult now like the majority of people who play this game. I don't have time to invest 20-40 hours to get a toon to lvl 50 and then RvR ready. I'm not 18 with no job and nothing to do. For those who say exp is too fast, just remember that you have no life so sitting in front of your computer for 10+ hours a day is all you have to look forward to. It's laughable how archaic some of you are mentally.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 6:11 AM by thurisaz
Bumbles wrote:
Fri 15 Feb 2019 5:18 AM
Exp is still terrible. 1-30 is pretty fast and can take a few hours, after that it's depressing. I'm an adult now like the majority of people who play this game. I don't have time to invest 20-40 hours to get a toon to lvl 50 and then RvR ready. I'm not 18 with no job and nothing to do. For those who say exp is too fast, just remember that you have no life so sitting in front of your computer for 10+ hours a day is all you have to look forward to. It's laughable how archaic some of you are mentally.

...so you'll waste 8 hrs in one day on live being a loser leveling to 45 or 50 with no problem , but the 2nd getting to 50 becomes something requiring more than a day , it becomes an issue? hush noob, go play a difgame.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 6:35 AM by thurisaz
Kyosji wrote:
Thu 14 Feb 2019 11:06 PM
Welp, considering i'm leveling both a scout and an inf, yeah, exp gathering is slow.

lvl 1 at a time , doesn't matter what class it is ..if you want 50 in 2-3 days , you need to chain mobs in a group anywhere n everywhere , n have some dps to offer. respec once at 50 , if autotraining stealth , just go all bow melee for scout / full dual wield with poison for inf.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 6:45 AM by thurisaz
Stryves wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019 11:55 PM
Wellzy wrote:
Other way around.

Leveling is too fast.

this is freeshard xp on patch 1.65 , something that is still 10x faster than xp on 1.65live ,17 yrs ago. ..l2p
this isnt live 2019, it requires chaining mobs in a fullgroup ..so when done properly is fast, assuming you have any kind of daoc experience over the last 18 yrs , this should be easy.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 8:01 AM by Bumbles
thurisaz wrote:
Fri 15 Feb 2019 6:11 AM
Bumbles wrote:

...so you'll waste 8 hrs in one day on live being a loser leveling to 45 or 50 with no problem , but the 2nd getting to 50 becomes something requiring more than a day , it becomes an issue? hush noob, go play a difgame.

[edit - Abuse]
Fri 15 Feb 2019 8:11 AM by thurisaz
Bumbles wrote:
Fri 15 Feb 2019 8:01 AM
thurisaz wrote:
Fri 15 Feb 2019 6:11 AM
Bumbles wrote:

[edit - Abuse]

free has nothing to do with anything, start groups to chain mobs to 50 ... it requires mild effort , there are mobs everywhere , besides this isnt live 2012+..[edit - Abuse]
or did you not play live servers when xp was slow back in the day?
Fri 15 Feb 2019 10:18 AM by jg777
Bumbles wrote:

It’s not long if you turn in XP items every level, rotate tasks, and if solo turn in eggs. If you don’t have time to level to 50 and go on a few raids/get a basic template together for RvR, how would you find the time to actually sit down and RvR?

With the plentiful amount of groups going presently it’s just not a lot of time to invest to 50- most can do it in a week just playing a few hours a day with some extra time sunk in on a weekend now. If you can’t manage that then you probably just don’t have the time or patience to play DAoC right now- which is fine, but don’t complain that XP rates are terrible. It took me over 4 months to reach 50 years ago, this is warp speed.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 10:18 AM by Victos
sprinkle wrote:
Thu 14 Feb 2019 6:21 PM
kedelin wrote:
Thu 14 Feb 2019 2:25 PM

who plays a 20 year old game for 12 hours?

oh yea unemployed children who think exp isn't slow

( tell your friend to go outside )

So everyone who's able to play more than you is an unemployed child?

I'm a two time father and have a wife and I still managed to delete a lvl 46 cleric (that was also LGM alchemy) and a lvl 43 paladin one week into the server because I wanted to switch realms. Since then I've leveled one char to 50 (that is again LGM alchemy), started another char on saturday that was 46 by Wednesday (biggest group being a duo), have chars ready for thidranki and got other crafting skills high enough for salvaging.

If you think this server is slow you're seriously smoking the wrong stuff. The slowest part on this server for me was between 16 and 19. After that it's literally "farm 10 items to lvlup" and that works up to nearly 40.

At 45 a simple "fight in emain" task that is done within 3 minutes gives 1 bub xp AND 1.3k rps. With PvE tasks you're blasting through levels even in the high 40s, the mob type bonuses aren't even needed, in fact they are so strong you can skip farming xp items on some levels between 20 and 40 by abusing spots.

On top of that you're able to buy xp items off of others, this makes twinks insanely easy. By doing so you can skip every xp item that isn't farmable on a spot with high bonus aswell.

Seriously, what ever you're smoking isn't worth the money you're working for. This is literally the most casual and care bear friendly "classic" server I've ever seen, you get babysat by xp bonuses, eggs, tasks, xp items, rogs, tinders, combined pots, macros - like what the hell?

If anyone is a child here it's you, a spoiled one.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 10:30 AM by Jaegaer
Guy, just don't feed the troll.

If anyone can't be bothered to invest a very casual 50 hours (or a grouped 20 hours) to level up a toon then they won't be missed in RvR and neither won't they be missed on the boards.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 4:00 PM by Tritri
Bumbles wrote:

Mmmmm... let's see
I got a 37h/week job, a wife, an association to run and see my friends once or twice a week
All my guildies are roughly in the same position, a lot of them have kids aswell

And we all manage just fine to level up 50 easily at least one char, most of us have 2 stuffed lvl 50.

I would ask you to reconsider your statement.

Also @Cen : soloing is insanely slower than grouping, especially on a Bard. Once you'll find a good group you'll understand that
@Kyosji : he didn't lie, you misunderstood : Phoenix eggs are meant to be traded for exp. They are meant to be traded to your trainer for exp
BUT, you can farm xp items if you want, and give them to your rerolls
Fri 15 Feb 2019 5:57 PM by Kyosji
What does it mean to autotrain stealth?
Fri 15 Feb 2019 7:06 PM by chryso
Autotrain is a relic from original DAOC. It does not exist here.

I think I see why you asked about it. It appears on the character planner.

Mods? Why would you put autotrain on the character planner when autotrain does not happen?
Fri 15 Feb 2019 9:16 PM by Pao
Exp is fine. if you don't have much time just do the task + exp items and you got an easy level per day.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 11:03 PM by sabyrtuth
Autotrain does exist here, you just don't have to do anything special to receive the free points.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 11:34 PM by jg777
chryso wrote:
Fri 15 Feb 2019 7:06 PM
Autotrain is a relic from original DAOC. It does not exist here.

I think I see why you asked about it. It appears on the character planner.

Mods? Why would you put autotrain on the character planner when autotrain does not happen?

You receive autotraining points for free, even if you spec into the lines that give you the autotrain points. So correct, autotraining by avoidance of specific skill lines doesn’t exist here, however yes, you will get those extra free points regardless. Win-win!
Sat 16 Feb 2019 8:37 PM by sprinkle
got to 50 every second I spent exping was a waste of time
Sun 17 Feb 2019 12:43 AM by jg777
sprinkle wrote:
Sat 16 Feb 2019 8:37 PM
got to 50 every second I spent exping was a waste of time

Care to elaborate? I’m not sure I follow what you mean.
Mon 18 Feb 2019 3:38 PM by Ardri
Bumbles wrote:
I'm an adult now like the majority of people who play this game. I don't have time to invest 20-40 hours to get a toon to lvl 50 and then RvR ready. I'm not 18 with no job and nothing to do. For those who say exp is too fast, just remember that you have no life so sitting in front of your computer for 10+ hours a day is all you have to look forward to. It's laughable how archaic some of you are mentally.

Lol the irony.
Mon 18 Feb 2019 3:56 PM by ibeturgood
The xp bonus is a n interesting idea but those mobs are underfarmed for a reason. There's one maybe two good camps and they are usually camped.
Mon 18 Feb 2019 4:19 PM by Sepplord
ibeturgood wrote:
Mon 18 Feb 2019 3:56 PM
The xp bonus is a n interesting idea but those mobs are underfarmed for a reason. There's one maybe two good camps and they are usually camped.

the "good spots" that are "usually camped" don't have boni anyways as they are heavily farmed
and soloers/smallmen and even suboptimal fullgrps do not need huge spots

Bombgrps need huge spots, and yes THEY have a hardtime finding a bombspot with huge XP-bonus, because they grind any bonus into the ground pretty fast IF there are spots that allow that
Fri 22 Feb 2019 4:05 PM by sprinkle
bump to save all the trees in daoc
Fri 22 Feb 2019 10:33 PM by Cythraul
Why would you bump this?
Tue 26 Feb 2019 6:43 AM by Anaethema
Enough with the attention seeking - locking this post
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to PvE or the latest topics