Player enchanting

Started 12 Feb 2019
by JaggedOne
in Crafting
Is there any chance we might get the ability for players (can't remember if it was spellcrafters or alchemists) to enchant crafted items, or is just a future patch that will never come our way at Phoenix ?
Wed 13 Feb 2019 9:22 AM by Sepplord
JaggedOne wrote:
Tue 12 Feb 2019 7:30 PM
Is there any chance we might get the ability for players (can't remember if it was spellcrafters or alchemists) to enchant crafted items, or is just a future patch that will never come our way at Phoenix ?

What you want is spellcrafting, and it is already ingame and heavily used to build templates.

Alchemists build procs/charges/potions (among other stuff) and are also ingame already
Wed 13 Feb 2019 1:32 PM by JaggedOne
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019 9:22 AM
What you want is spellcrafting, and it is already ingame and heavily used to build templates.

Alchemists build procs/charges/potions (among other stuff) and are also ingame already

Thank you for your reply, but you either misunderstood my question or I did not make it clear enough. There are NPCs around called Enchanters. Their job is to enchant a player-made item (armor or weapon). This adds a prefix to the name of the weapon, such as "Bright", "Shimmering", etc. This service is quite costly.In live, player crafters can do this process as well, and much more cheaply (like less than one gold). I would like to see this added to Phoenix.
Wed 13 Feb 2019 1:43 PM by Sepplord
JaggedOne wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019 1:32 PM
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019 9:22 AM

Thank you for your reply, but you either misunderstood my question or I did not make it clear enough. There are NPCs around called Enchanters. Their job is to enchant a player-made item (armor or weapon). This adds a prefix to the name of the weapon, such as "Bright", "Shimmering", etc. This service is quite costly.In live, player crafters can do this process as well, and much more cheaply (like less than one gold). I would like to see this added to Phoenix.

Ohhh, yeah totally misread your first post. Are you talking about adding the bonus to items? Never new it was called enchanting
I didn't really pay attention the first time i did it, how expensive are we talking about?

Either way, more player-crafting is a good thing. Would love to have that and also recharging possible to be done playerside
Wed 13 Feb 2019 3:04 PM by Halma
Enchanting a complete set of armor is quite costly. more than 1p if I recall correctly (don't have SC here yet) and a player enchanter (Spellcrafter) could cut this cost in half.
I don't remember exactly how it worked, but there were some dusts involved you could buy from NPCs.
Wed 13 Feb 2019 7:50 PM by JaggedOne
Halma wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019 3:04 PM
Enchanting a complete set of armor is quite costly. more than 1p if I recall correctly (don't have SC here yet) and a player enchanter (Spellcrafter) could cut this cost in half.
I don't remember exactly how it worked, but there were some dusts involved you could buy from NPCs.

You are correct that the cost for an NPC Enchanter to enchant a full set of level 51 armor was quite painful. The last time I played live was right after the consolidation of servers, so it's been several years and things could have changed. Anyway, at that time a player spellcrafter would purchase some dust from the SC/alchemy NPC. There were several levels of dust, some of it pretty pricey, but what I soon found out was that the dust that cost 50 silver would enchant anything. Don't know if that was a bug or not, but I enchanted over a hundred full suits that I SC'd (it got to where it was all I did, receiving templates in the mail and crafting them - I eventually got burned out, gave away several hundred plat and quit). You just put the piece of armor (or weapon) in the crafting box along with the dust, pressed the button, and boom, it acquired the appropriate bonus for its level. I never charged extra for this, since a whole suit only cost me 3 gold (50s x 6) to enchant. I acquired quite the reputation for delivering fully crafted and SC'd suits with the bonus included.

Sure wish we could do this on Phoenix....
Thu 14 Feb 2019 3:03 PM by Sepplord
I had the bonus enchanted onto my armor by my spellcrafter yesterday and he told me it cost him ~200g in total for the 5armorpieces (fullset minus the vest)

The chest is the most expensive piece, but when the other pieces cost 200g in total i can't see the chest being 800g to bring cost to a plat
Fri 15 Feb 2019 11:09 PM by cashmiir
Unless they (Phoenix) placed some sort of restriction, this is possible via the spellcraft merchant. Page 2 list several "dusts", the one you want is the enchanting dust. Now unless it works differently on this server compared to live, all you need is the golden enchantment dust...... at least thats all i use on live, and i get the 35% bonus. Why the sell higher level enchanting dusts is beyond me. May take a little trial and error on the phoenix server to figure out exactly which dust works the best, but this should at least get you started in the right direction. Btw, the dusts are applied just like gems and/or procs. I'd recommend waiting until after all of the SC gems are imbued so that you dont waste money should you lose the item in a blow-up
Sat 16 Feb 2019 4:35 AM by JaggedOne
Ok, I tested this today. I bought the gold dust, put a pair of 51 cloth sleeves in the crafting window, got the message

"Attempting to self-craft your silksteel double-stitched quilted sleeves"

I then put the gold dust in the panel on the other side. The Combine square was filled in, and I got the message

"You can only imbue alchemy tinctures or spellcrafting gems"

And that was the end of that. I tried every combination I could think of, clicking the Combine box on and off, etc, but always got that "only" message and then it was over. It really appears to me that you cannot do this on Phoenix at this time. If I get a chance, I will ask Uthred about it.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Crafting or the latest topics