25% speed buff pots

Started 15 Feb 2019
by relvinian
in Suggestions
How about adding speed pots which add 25% speed buff?
Fri 15 Feb 2019 5:42 PM by defiasbandit
Because we go by 2001 speed rules here.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 5:47 PM by Citian
We move too fast and things do too much dmg atm, we should really raise TTK by about five minutes and decrease speed of movement/leveling by about 99%. Except fire wizards which should be buffed e.g. VP insta 3k dmg epicenter no falloff 2300 range 2300 radius.

Thatll do it
Fri 15 Feb 2019 6:34 PM by chryso
I hear that on live you can get horses. You should check it out.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 6:37 PM by defiasbandit
What we need is the Speed of the hunt charge item for bps.

Speed on Phoenix is like imagine in WoW if only 2 classes got regular mounts and 1 class got an epic mount and the other 6 classes had to walk around without mounts.

http://camelot.allakhazam.com/item.html?citem=28231
Fri 15 Feb 2019 6:53 PM by relvinian
This 25% can't catch any toons with speed it just helps those without speed get there a little faster.

It isn't as good as hastener either.

It just helps when you are in the middle of nowhere and some mob hit your hastener. Or when you are running solo and you fight once, then you lose hastener but still have 25% not enough to escape. Not enough to catch any casters, just enough to not suck so bad.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 6:57 PM by chryso
I have LW and Tireless and an endo pot that i use for that.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 6:59 PM by defiasbandit
relvinian wrote:
Fri 15 Feb 2019 6:53 PM
This 25% can't catch any toons with speed it just helps those without speed get there a little faster.

It isn't as good as hastener either.

It just helps when you are in the middle of nowhere and some mob hit your hastener. Or when you are running solo and you fight once, then you lose hastener but still have 25% not enough to escape. Not enough to catch any casters, just enough to not suck so bad.

Exactly. Speed of the Hunt is a good solution for this problem that so many face.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 11:05 PM by relvinian
chryso wrote:
Fri 15 Feb 2019 6:57 PM
I have LW and Tireless and an endo pot that i use for that.

Work with me on this.

You could use the 25% speed buff and sprint together.
Sat 16 Feb 2019 11:58 AM by rubaduck
How about we stop discussing topics that devs has already answered very firmly? I know for sure that both you OP and defiasbandit was here on beta when the devs said they won't add any speed pots, buff the current speed mechanics in the game and only leave the hasteners.

Why beat a dead horse?
Sat 16 Feb 2019 12:12 PM by relvinian
If they don't respond or put it in fine.

If you want me to stop talking about it don't tell me to shut up.

The 25% is a compromise and a mild boost for solo vis toon.

Try playing a non speed solo vis toon and this little buff would sure help many times.
Sat 16 Feb 2019 5:00 PM by Quik
Again, thank goodness the GM's here already said they will NEVER add speed pots or charges or horses for RvR in ANY shape or form.

You want speed? Get a duo friend with speed or play a speed class and stop asking to make everyone the same.
Sat 16 Feb 2019 11:12 PM by relvinian
So nobody ever changed their minds?

So if someone suggests something that has already been suggested at one point in the history of the server that idea is dead?

Seriously.
Sat 16 Feb 2019 11:33 PM by Quik
No, by all means, please continue beating the dead horse.

It is one thing if they say they have no plans at this time, but they have literally said many times since beta that they will NEVER add this.

People who keep bringing this up and asking is amusing to me because I got a feeling they are ruining their own case. My feelings is that the constant nagging just makes them more adamant.

Either way, good luck but this is one I personally hate the idea of.

If they ever add speed pots/charges/horses that are useable in RvR I will log out and move on. I love this game but I am so tired of people wanting one class to have everything.
Sun 17 Feb 2019 10:05 AM by mhenfhis
as i suggested in other thread they need to add speed of hunt bp items or as alchemist potion with Tears, would help a bit as Revilian said.
Sun 17 Feb 2019 11:08 AM by Evoric
No need for pots.

If they increased the base (unbuffed) movespeed by at most 5% it would feel a lot better.

Not for RvR purposes, but for getting around in the world.
Sun 17 Feb 2019 9:57 PM by relvinian
I'm fine if the devs ignore this suggestion.

I just think it would be fun for some.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics