Let's talk about that Ranger side stun in Thid.

Started 11 Feb 2019
by Fjordin
in RvR
And how it seems more like a 45 degree angle instead of an actual side angle. Pincer doesn't work if the opponent isn't exactly profile to me, but whatever that style is called has a huge margin for error.
Mon 11 Feb 2019 5:36 PM by Kwall0311
The side positionals are absurd. It might even be bigger than 45 degrees. It shouldnt be so easy to land when you /face or /stick, back up , sprint back up.. Its just terrible game mechanics at this point, and im sure some people rely on it to win fights, and im sure run through styles were never meant to be a thing. But hey, nothing really can be done since its been a problem for 17 years.
Mon 11 Feb 2019 5:50 PM by Wellzy
I dunno... I still use my side stun at 50. And it seems to fail inexplicably when i am clearly on the side of them.

Server lag can swing to either side of the argument.
Tue 12 Feb 2019 10:46 AM by dudis
Trick is to not use /stick or /face since that makes it easier to manipulate which way you are facing and then use slight lag to land positionals.

It is sort of cheesy, but nothing compared to the alb crush stun in thid.
Tue 12 Feb 2019 11:13 AM by Sepplord
dudis wrote:
Tue 12 Feb 2019 10:46 AM
Trick is to not use /stick or /face since that makes it easier to manipulate which way you are facing and then use slight lag to land positionals.

It is sort of cheesy, but nothing compared to the alb crush stun in thid.

i know that is the theory, but do you have any tips how to counter it manually? If a person can abuse the miliseconds of lag to land sidestuns on facing targets...how is a player supposed to react faster than lag?

Is it needed that i learn that player XYZ always tries to stun me over my left side?
Tue 12 Feb 2019 12:01 PM by gnefner
On more than one occasion I've actually PA'd a ranger, only to get insta side stunned.. It makes no sense, and really should be looked at.
Tue 12 Feb 2019 12:11 PM by Druth
gnefner wrote:
Tue 12 Feb 2019 12:01 PM
On more than one occasion I've actually PA'd a ranger, only to get insta side stunned.. It makes no sense, and really should be looked at.

I agree, assassins should not be able to PA archers.
Archers should have better stealth detection and bring you out of stealth before you PA.
Tue 12 Feb 2019 3:54 PM by nixxo87
its the same 2 rangers doing it, insta side stun 100% accuracy. not even facing or sticking backup and manually running around. they never miss and they hit on first swing.
Tue 12 Feb 2019 4:05 PM by chewchew
nixxo87 wrote:
Tue 12 Feb 2019 3:54 PM
they never miss and they hit on first swing.
Hit or miss? I guess they never miss, huh!?
Tue 12 Feb 2019 4:14 PM by inoeth
nixxo87 wrote:
Tue 12 Feb 2019 3:54 PM
its the same 2 rangers doing it, insta side stun 100% accuracy. not even facing or sticking backup and manually running around. they never miss and they hit on first swing.

i notice that too at 50 rvr ... some rangers seem to have anytime stun
Tue 12 Feb 2019 5:19 PM by Horus
Nerf side stun and buff bow spec damage. I'm sure most Rangers would be fine with that trade
Tue 12 Feb 2019 5:28 PM by gnefner
Druth wrote:
Tue 12 Feb 2019 12:11 PM
gnefner wrote:
Tue 12 Feb 2019 12:01 PM

I agree, assassins should not be able to PA archers.
Archers should have better stealth detection and bring you out of stealth before you PA.

Not a problem for me, at all, was merely pointing out the fact, that rangers/NS seems to be able to land sidestyle, like it was an anytime.
Tue 12 Feb 2019 7:40 PM by Druth
gnefner wrote:
Tue 12 Feb 2019 5:28 PM
Not a problem for me, at all, was merely pointing out the fact, that rangers/NS seems to be able to land sidestyle, like it was an anytime.

I think it's a general problem that positionals, especially side-stun, but also PA, are super easy to land due to strafe not being punished harder.
Tue 12 Feb 2019 9:24 PM by The Skies Asunder
I was abusing this in Thid on Ranger and NS when I was in there, and recently also in Caledonia. The way strafe is working here feels way off from Live to me. I was having a huge problem using the same techniques from Live when I first tried on Phoenix. Now that I have played a bit though, it is beyond easy to land Ice Storm (CD Side Stun) even when the target is directly facing you, and even when you aren't exactly facing the target. It does also inexplicably fail to execute correctly sometimes when you are actually doing it the way it SHOULD work lol. So I am pretty lost on what is happening overall with side positionals, but as a NS/Ranger I am enjoying them at the moment, obviously.
Wed 13 Feb 2019 2:07 AM by Tiglie
Played a ranger at release. On live you were always able to strafe a target and stick your side stun, all you had to do was time it right and release the strafe key right before the swing went off.
Wed 13 Feb 2019 7:56 AM by Cadebrennus
Honestly no one should be complaining about this or that in Thid. Different classes get different abilities at different skill levels. Period. What is OP'ed in Thid is barely noticeable in Caledonia or 50.

Do not use Thidranki as a measuring stick of class/skill viability.
Wed 13 Feb 2019 9:54 AM by gnefner
Cadebrennus wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019 7:56 AM
Honestly no one should be complaining about this or that in Thid. Different classes get different abilities at different skill levels. Period. What is OP'ed in Thid is barely noticeable in Caledonia or 50.

Sorry, wut? Noone is complaining about having or not having abilities at certain levels.. Maybe you shoudl read the thread more carefully. The issue is rangers and Nightshade being able to use the CD sidestun, from infront of the target...
Wed 13 Feb 2019 4:57 PM by Cadebrennus
gnefner wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019 9:54 AM
Cadebrennus wrote:

Sorry, wut? Noone is complaining about having or not having abilities at certain levels.. Maybe you shoudl read the thread more carefully. The issue is rangers and Nightshade being able to use the CD sidestun, from infront of the target...

I can guarantee that side stun is in fact not usable from the front. That answers that question. Let's look at the title of the thread again:

"Let's talk about that Ranger side stun in Thid."

It looks like they are indeed complaining about certain abilities (18 CD) available at certain levels (Thidranki 20-24).

Maybe you should read the thread title more carefully.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 9:30 AM by gnefner
Cadebrennus wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019 4:57 PM
gnefner wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019 9:54 AM
Cadebrennus wrote:

I can guarantee that side stun is in fact not usable from the front. That answers that question. Let's look at the title of the thread again:

"Let's talk about that Ranger side stun in Thid."

It looks like they are indeed complaining about certain abilities (18 CD) available at certain levels (Thidranki 20-24).

Maybe you should read the thread title more carefully.

Lol...

It's pretty clear from all the posts in the thread, that this is not the case. You can read OP's post.. But whatever.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics