Solo RvR

Started 10 Feb 2019
by mhenfhis
in RvR
Hi there, just hit 50 recently and i am almost templated for rvr!

How is solo Rvr on a visible class? Without speed/horses, a suicide?

I guess that with OF is not very friendly :/
Sun 10 Feb 2019 10:39 PM by Quik
The other realms will love you.

You either need stealth or a good form of speed because groups here are relentless and will mow ya down.
Mon 11 Feb 2019 12:09 AM by Freudinio
Yeah, what was stated above. I would suggest perhaps looking for a guild and get some smallman action going. Groups will still chase you across multiple zones on speed 6 though /shrug.
Mon 11 Feb 2019 2:52 PM by Gotmagi
There's a reason 95% of the people who solo are playing speed classes and stealthers
Soloing on a visible with no speed can get pretty rough but I would suggest roaming the zones that don't currently have an rvr task in them, there aren't many people roaming there but you can meet the odd soloer if you're lucky.
Every single fg will kill you, no exceptions.
Mon 11 Feb 2019 9:35 PM by mhenfhis
i dont care about getting killed by fgs etc... just i am worried if there will be other solos running around or not

Anyway i guess is too soon to know yet time will tell, guess a special solo/small task would help

I already did alot of solo on an st so wanted to try something different ^^
Tue 12 Feb 2019 7:39 AM by twinsun
I just got my template yesterday (well almost, still miss the TG hammer) and tried running a bit on my skald.
It seems fine at least in non-peak hours. I have met some solo people and some small groups, died a lot as I'm still low RR.
At the moment I'd say the experience is nice and I'm optimistic, though I guess you most definitely want to have either speed or stealth.
Tue 12 Feb 2019 9:51 AM by Frigzy
I solo on Eldritch quite a bit. Despite having no speed or stealth.. It's fun!

Yes you will die.. sometimes without any chance of winning whatsoever.

If you don't mind to run at sprint speed and use the cover of the environment, being very cautious about where you show yourself, then solo RvR can be a lot of fun.

Try to find good xp spots for other realms to kill xpers or aim at those who do the same to your own realm.

Just one caution; you will need to master your class and invest in every little thing that will boost your abiltiy to win. Running without potions or charges is going to be costly. Gearing up for battle is some of the preparation work you will need to do if you want to compete solo.

PS: I'm a tall Elf, not a pesky lurikeen.
Tue 12 Feb 2019 11:02 AM by Druth
You are already 50, so a bit late.

But my best advice to solo visibel, non speed (or atleast non speed 6), is to lvl almost exclusively in Frontier.
You need to grow thick skinned, and able to shrug of ganking, because you will experience a lot of it.
Tue 12 Feb 2019 9:44 PM by mhenfhis
yeah i solo'ed a bit on live last years, so i am used to it! no problem with ganking or trying out to max my char!

See you on fronteirs!
Tue 12 Feb 2019 9:47 PM by defiasbandit
Uppland and Yggdra are the small/solo zones. Until a hib druid bard 4 man shows to try to spoil the action.
Wed 13 Feb 2019 3:07 AM by relvinian
I solo all the time and you need really thick skin.

You have to just shrug it off when 8 man groups or zergs mez stun wtfpown u.

If you do the tasks just run along with the zerg and do your best.

Try not to be the tallest blade of grass and get the mower.

Also, you will die a lot to stealthers, they are overpowered here and also have vanish and also band together and gank solos.

Also worth noting-- there are some players on here who side stun, twink, know how to exploit every possible game mechanic, or teams that do the same.

They will just kill you. Add vanish on that and soloing is a joke sometimes. So get a friend or two and then kill them.
Wed 13 Feb 2019 4:41 AM by krycek
relvinian wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019 3:07 AM
Also worth noting-- there are some players on here who side stun, twink, know how to exploit every possible game mechanic, or teams that do the same.

You should report these people who side stun and twink, whatever twinking a lvl 50 means. Those are some serious allegations.
Wed 13 Feb 2019 5:22 AM by Ceen
krycek wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019 4:41 AM
relvinian wrote:

You should report these people who side stun (...) Those are some serious allegations.
It's a basic game mechanic since the very beginning.
Wed 13 Feb 2019 8:09 AM by Sepplord
Ceen wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019 5:22 AM
krycek wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019 4:41 AM
relvinian wrote:

You should report these people who side stun (...) Those are some serious allegations.
It's a basic game mechanic since the very beginning.
It's a basic lag exploit since the very beginning ^^

PS: i don't hink anyone should get banned for this...but calling it a basic game mechanic is a bit over the top
Wed 13 Feb 2019 9:44 AM by Terrence
I run as mostly solo minstrel and am about to create a Theurg for solo/zerg/small men so obviously a bit different, but I see soloers, small men running alone or with zerg all the time. Is it the most efficient way to gain RPs? Probably not. Can you have a lot of fun and get some good fights, kills? Yes, all the time. Honestly Phoenix and especially the high population, realm tasks enables so many play styles it's great. You can go hunt at XP item locations of enemy realms, you can run with the zerg, you can roam and hide near major fight locations in Emain, Hadrian, Odin... there's action everywhere and it's a blast. I was RR4 before I hit lvl 50.

With that said, having at least caster speed is definitely a big bonus, it doesn't have to be a skald/minst.
Wed 13 Feb 2019 10:27 AM by relvinian
I'm just trying to explain why i don't play a melee toon. I don't do the side stun and i never win vs someone doing it.

Therefore it removes an entire class group for me, from solo play.

I would have to play some sort of pet or caster or archer class.

I experimented with lots of things and opted for a necro. Main reason for that is casters explode from stealthers and necros do not.

And you can be basically a good player in melee and die a lot to twinks. So you probably have to learn to do the side stun if you want to solo or else get slam toon.
Thu 14 Feb 2019 8:46 PM by Vlare
Necros are objectively broken in 1v1 lol.
Hard to think of them as solo characters.
Same with BDs, or animists who set up 12 Shrooms at a milegate or inside a tree in the dark.
Thu 14 Feb 2019 11:10 PM by hmjek
if someone is landing side stun on you consistently maybe you should stop using /stick or better yet dont even use /face just keep your camera centered on them the whole time freehand style
Fri 15 Feb 2019 6:19 AM by imamo
for visible solo;
login prime time -> port task zone -> run with zerg
you will die of course, even solid setup fg's die a lot. you will be ok if you play smart and get your rvr tasks done quickly. its also good way to soak rp.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 6:35 AM by rubaduck
Avoid the task zones if you want to truly solo, you'll still get wasted by smallman and 8v8 but the chance of finding other soloers are higher.

Or.. surf the zerg.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 8:56 AM by Patron
Vlare wrote:
Thu 14 Feb 2019 8:46 PM
Necros are objectively broken in 1v1 lol.
Hard to think of them as solo characters.
Same with BDs, or animists who set up 12 Shrooms at a milegate or inside a tree in the dark.

So we can say there is a kind of balance.
Good, now we can stop qq and do more pewpew
Fri 15 Feb 2019 10:09 AM by secrain
All they need to do is add Speed of the Hunt item for BPs and solo game gets a big QoL improvement... I thought this server was all about QoL ?
Fri 15 Feb 2019 4:11 PM by Hicks
Fri 15 Feb 2019 7:42 PM by mhenfhis
secrain wrote:
Fri 15 Feb 2019 10:09 AM
All they need to do is add Speed of the Hunt item for BPs and solo game gets a big QoL improvement... I thought this server was all about QoL ?

yeah that would be nice
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics