Archery damage questions

Started 10 Feb 2019
by Sepphiroth75
in Hibernia
Has anyone done testing on archery damage?

First let me say i think 35 is all a ranger needs but i am not sure yet. With that said is it worth going ovet 35?

Does + to archery help?

How much dex should one shoot for?
Sun 10 Feb 2019 3:34 PM by Zansobar
Sepphiroth75 wrote:
Sun 10 Feb 2019 12:20 PM

First let me say i think 35 is all a ranger needs but i am not sure yet. With that said is it worth going ovet 35?

Does + to archery help?

I have done quite extensive testing on the test dummies and developed spread sheets of data. Bow spec with items only helps (by a decent amount) until you are 2 spec levels over the mob/target you are fighting, so for RvR get it to 52 and then that's it. After that the gains on damage are like 0.3% or so put spec point, which isn't worth it given how low the bow damage is anyway. As for Dex, if you are actually using the bow you want as much as you can get, the problem is you won't have full buffs since you most likely won't be running in a group so you will be way under stat no matter what you do there.

They seem to have a custom damage formula being used here for bow, claimed to have been "discovered" in 2012 (a decade after the game launched) via some posts on the old IGN/Postcount forums. I don't believe the damage formula is accurate for 1.65 for a moment, but it is what they are using, and thus one main reason the bow damage is so low relative to the spec level you have in bow. The other issue is you can't hit 400 dex on this server if you aren't fully buffed...so damage will be low no matter what compared to where we were back in 1.65 when most had buff bots.
Sun 10 Feb 2019 8:02 PM by Cadebrennus
Zansobar wrote:
Sun 10 Feb 2019 3:34 PM
Sepphiroth75 wrote:
Sun 10 Feb 2019 12:20 PM

Does + to archery help?

I have done quite extensive testing on the test dummies and developed spread sheets of data. Bow spec with items only helps (by a decent amount) until you are 2 spec levels over the mob/target you are fighting, so for RvR get it to 52 and then that's it. After that the gains on damage are like 0.3% or so put spec point, which isn't worth it given how low the bow damage is anyway. As for Dex, if you are actually using the bow you want as much as you can get, the problem is you won't have full buffs since you most likely won't be running in a group so you will be way under stat no matter what you do there.

They seem to have a custom damage formula being used here for bow, claimed to have been "discovered" in 2012 (a decade after the game launched) via some posts on the old IGN/Postcount forums. I don't believe the damage formula is accurate for 1.65 for a moment, but it is what they are using, and thus one main reason the bow damage is so low relative to the spec level you have in bow. The other issue is you can't hit 400 dex on this server if you aren't fully buffed...so damage will be low no matter what compared to where we were back in 1.65 when most had buff bots.

The problem with matching 2012 data is that there was a 30% physical damage nerf on live in August 2012 by Broadsword (the Devs who took over from Mythic). By initially matching 2012 numbers the Phoenix Devs inherited a 30% nerf which matched my testing from early beta to the end of beta. The Phoenix Devs have since readjusted the physical damage back upwards, however, they have not fully adjusted it back to 100% of what it was, so no, we don't have actual 1.65 damage numbers with either Archery or melee.
Mon 11 Feb 2019 9:27 AM by Durgrim
i can only speak of level 37 Hunter so far...and the damage vs yellow mobs is pretty awesome. usually the mob arrives at my position with 10-25% depending on crit or not.
Also taking into account the burnt endurance it is okay in my opinion. I don't know how this works out on 50 so far.
Mon 11 Feb 2019 1:01 PM by Glimmer
Damage in pve is awesome i can agree with that, but in pvp it rly depends on many factors, most likely is weaker than many were excepting (but still kinda playable)
Tue 19 Feb 2019 6:08 PM by matty33102
I am new to DAoC and I enjoy the game.
What benefits do I receive, when I specc 50 bow+13 , instead of speccing 37+13 besides penetrate and quick shots? Do I have more damage with bow, when I specc 50 +13 in pvp? Or is the damage capped at 50 (hardpoints+softpoints)?
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics