Does it matter which collection task you do?

Started 8 Feb 2019
by Snorki
in PvE
Hi I am wondering if different turn ins award more exp than others or if set amount of exp per turn in based on which level you are when turning them in.

Thanks!
Sat 9 Feb 2019 1:39 AM by CronU
you get a fixed amount of exp by level. it doesn't matter which turn in item you hand over for it.
if you are lvl 47,
a lvl 43-47 item gives the same amount of exp, as an 47-49 item.
Sat 9 Feb 2019 2:28 AM by Snorki
Ok cool thanks for the info!
Sat 9 Feb 2019 2:25 PM by Sepplord
CronU wrote:
Sat 9 Feb 2019 1:39 AM
you get a fixed amount of exp by level. it doesn't matter which turn in item you hand over for it.
if you are lvl 47,

Did that get changed? Because afaik the opposite is true
Sat 9 Feb 2019 2:43 PM by Numatic
Sepplord wrote:
Sat 9 Feb 2019 2:25 PM
CronU wrote:
if you are lvl 47,

Did that get changed? Because afaik the opposite is true

I also thought the same. That the highest xp given is at the minimum lvl to turn in. So if u have a lvl 43-47 item, turning it in at 43 will give far more bubbles (but the same xp) than at 47. Meaning the xp you get is the same, but higher lvls means ur better off farming each minimum task item for each lvl.
Sat 9 Feb 2019 2:47 PM by Sepplord
Last Time we tested it the XP given (absolute XP number) did go up if you turned it in at a later level. But the relative amount, aka bubbles, went down.

Best result would be to turn in items at their respective lowest level. Basically try to match the turnin-lvl to the lowest item-lvl.
Sat 9 Feb 2019 3:06 PM by Afuldan
Exp per item doesn’t scale very well if you turn it in at higher levels than the minimum turn in.

You do get more exp, but the actual bubble increase drops signifigantly.

Afaik, at 49, level 49 turn ins only give 4 bubbles for a 10 stack of Trip Snares (Mid lv 49-50 item)
I don’t know if a lower level item gives this much at 49.
Sun 10 Feb 2019 2:20 PM by CronU
Numatic wrote:
Sat 9 Feb 2019 2:43 PM
I also thought the same. That the highest xp given is at the minimum lvl to turn in. So if u have a lvl 43-47 item, turning it in at 43 will give far more bubbles (but the same xp) than at 47. Meaning the xp you get is the same, but higher lvls means ur better off farming each minimum task item for each lvl.

This is partical true.
You can easy see it if you turn an item close to level up. If you turn in more than you need. the next items will count for the next level and the xp per given item raises a bit.
Yes, you get less bubble with raising level. But this happens no matter which collection task item you turn in.
As far as i tested it, it doesnt matter which item at which level you turn in, as long this item is possible at the level you will get a fixed amount of xp based on your level not on the item you turn in.
Mon 11 Feb 2019 2:50 PM by jelzinga_EU
Afuldan wrote:
Sat 9 Feb 2019 3:06 PM
Exp per item doesn’t scale very well if you turn it in at higher levels than the minimum turn in.

You do get more exp, but the actual bubble increase drops signifigantly.

Afaik, at 49, level 49 turn ins only give 4 bubbles for a 10 stack of Trip Snares (Mid lv 49-50 item)
I don’t know if a lower level item gives this much at 49.

Yeah it does give approx. 4 bubbles too. I handed in Aurora Corpse (46-49) and it also gave me approx. 4 bubbles.
Mon 11 Feb 2019 3:22 PM by Meandow
This should be the most basic thing to test, just get two different collection task items, turn first in, turn second in, compare the numbers? Only thing you need to keep track of is that you don't level on the first turn in.

Would've been faster than making this topic, just sayin'.
Mon 11 Feb 2019 5:20 PM by Ardri
CronU wrote:
if you are lvl 47,

This is wrong. A lvl 43-47 item gives less xp than a 47-49 xp item.

For efficiency, because you can only turn in 10 items per lvl, you always want the lower number to equal your level and the higher number to be the highest possible in the game. I.e. if you're lvl 42 and there's 42-44 xp loot, but also 42-47 xp loot, you want to turn in the 42-47 as it gives more xp.
Tue 12 Feb 2019 12:38 AM by alusnova415
I concur, the higher the exp item the more it gives you.

I tested this, I had 0 turn in at lv30 decided to turn in a lv28-35 and a lv 30-40 item once , the lv30 gave me more being a higher item. Luckily there are enough items after 30 that you should be able to target them by levels. i.e. turn in a lv30 at lv30, lv 31 at 31 etc to maximize, yes some levels dont have them so you turn in the next best item.
Tue 12 Feb 2019 1:28 AM by Quik
Basically always hand in the highest MINIMUM level xp item you can according to your lvl.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to PvE or the latest topics