why gank?

Started 3 Feb 2019
by Sorkar
in Tavern
I know im setting myself up here for all the trolls and all of the "get gud noob" and whatever other clever comments people can come up with, but I am hoping, probably in vain, that someone can explain it to me. I have never understood the motivation behind ganking. You dont get any RP's for killing gray's, all you are doing is griefing people. And I guess that is really my question. Why do stuff just to upset or inconvenience people? I was not able to comprehend it when DAoC first came out, and here we are almost 2 decades later, im almost 20 years older, probably not 20 years wiser but at least a little bit, and I still can not comprehend it. I understand that DF and frontiers are RvR zones, I get that and you always run the risk of getting killed by opposing realms when stepping into those zones, but thats not what I am asking. What I am asking is why gank, and why grief?
Sun 3 Feb 2019 11:17 AM by Halma
"2 Alb stealther ganking on xp spot XYZ"
-> Some people go there to find them -> stealthers now have some enemies to fight.

This is usually the reason behind it. And some just do it because they can.
Sun 3 Feb 2019 11:34 AM by Sorkar
Halma wrote:
Sun 3 Feb 2019 11:17 AM
"2 Alb stealther ganking on xp spot XYZ"
-> Some people go there to find them -> stealthers now have some enemies to fight.

This is usually the reason behind it. And some just do it because they can.

I was expecting an answer such as this, and if your in alb and say a person/group of hib mids decide to gank at spiders or giants right outside of FS, I can understand that, because you see people saying in /region that there are gankers outside FS all the time. In doing so you get your situation where people will sometimes come out to fight them. What I am referring to is places like further in FS or pennine or Brefine where a lot of times they kill greys farming xp then move on, not waiting for a response. This brings up your argument, that I was also expecting, "because they can". I have always been of the mindset that everyone performs every action that they take for a reason. You can choose to gank grey's then move on, or not and move on to the border keep to gank to try and provoke the response of trying to get people of your level out to fight. So that is my question, why gank in that place where you are not likely to get a response, and even if you did you just move on not waiting for it? Why gank just to gank? Like I said, I believe that everyone takes an action for a reason and I just cant comprehend the reason "because they can". There has to be something deeper IMO
Sun 3 Feb 2019 11:48 AM by Numatic
Despite what alot of these "I have honor, I dont interfere in 1v1, i dont grey gank, i dont zerg" people want you to believe, alot of people play simply to kill the enemy. Grey or not. It's the true nature of DAoC. It's the principal it was founded on. If it wasnt, you wouldn't be able to attack greys. Some people simply enjoy killing the enemy. Plain and simple. Their con matters not to them. If they are in the "warzone" they are a target. It's fun to grief the enemy. I mean, it happens in every pvp based game in existence.
Sun 3 Feb 2019 12:12 PM by Tree
Red=Dead

Some people enjoy being the "victim", in this game as well as in life. In my opinion, you make choices and live with them. If I go into the frontier I well expect to be killed at any moment and I dont cry about it.
Sun 3 Feb 2019 5:17 PM by Sorkar
Thanks for the replies. Believe it or not I really do appreciate the input.

I guess I am not the only one who is a little older and wiser. I know for a fact that if I had posted something like this on the VN boards back in the day I would have gotten flamed and trolled to no end lol. Part of me is still expecting it, but I appreciate yall keeping it mature.
Sun 3 Feb 2019 5:29 PM by Horus
Have to keep the frontier dangerous. That is what makes it the war frontier...and why you are not forced to risk going there if you choose not to.

Note I do not/will not gray gank (not even 50 yet)...but I have been often. I know the risks...I just expect it to happen, so not too annoyed when it does...actually makes things more rewarding when it doesn't.

Red = Dead is core functionality IMO
Sun 3 Feb 2019 5:55 PM by Quik
I don't grey gank and I won't stay in a group that does, but I also don't expect other players to not grey gank me if I am playing my lowbies in the frontier.

I understand it is fully within what is allowed in the game. Personally I just sell and heal and head back out. If I get killed 2-3 times in a row then I will try elsewhere, but usually it only happens 1-2 times.

Is it good for the game though? I don't think so. This is a freeshard that depends on players WANTING to play here over tons of other newer options that are also free to play. I think it hurts the game in that it will drive a lot of new players away, and yes I know people will call those players babies or whatever, but the simple fact is, the server NEEDS those babies or whatever, but they don't need us.

Simple question is: Is the game served more by allowing grey ganking than not?

Most people are going to scream RED=DEAD which is a great philosophy, if you simply want the same population and not bring in and KEEP new players.

I love the server and will be playing for a long time, I just feel we will see a constant slight decline as people get irritated from various things and slowly move on, and we won't really grow because new players will get tired of being grey ganked and move on to games that simply don't allow it. I am not saying grey ganking will kill it, that's ridiculous, but I am saying grey ganking does INHIBIT growth substantially.
Sun 3 Feb 2019 6:13 PM by waffel
Every time I get ganked while leveling in the frontiers my immediate thought is “welp, I guess I AM in an RvR zone afterall.” And either return to the zone or go to one of the other 15 zones that are RvR free.

If someone wants to waste their time purposely camping greys for no RPs, go for it. Seems like a waste of time.
Sun 3 Feb 2019 7:32 PM by relvinian
I have killed a few greys. I can't always tell what color it is and i just kill it. Trying to figure out what something is before attacking often leads to me being mez, stun, wtfpowned.
Sun 3 Feb 2019 8:16 PM by Numatic
Quik wrote:
Sun 3 Feb 2019 5:55 PM
I don't grey gank and I won't stay in a group that does, but I also don't expect other players to not grey gank me if I am playing my lowbies in the frontier.

I understand it is fully within what is allowed in the game. Personally I just sell and heal and head back out. If I get killed 2-3 times in a row then I will try elsewhere, but usually it only happens 1-2 times.

Is it good for the game though? I don't think so. This is a freeshard that depends on players WANTING to play here over tons of other newer options that are also free to play. I think it hurts the game in that it will drive a lot of new players away, and yes I know people will call those players babies or whatever, but the simple fact is, the server NEEDS those babies or whatever, but they don't need us.

Simple question is: Is the game served more by allowing grey ganking than not?

Most people are going to scream RED=DEAD which is a great philosophy, if you simply want the same population and not bring in and KEEP new players.

I love the server and will be playing for a long time, I just feel we will see a constant slight decline as people get irritated from various things and slowly move on, and we won't really grow because new players will get tired of being grey ganked and move on to games that simply don't allow it. I am not saying grey ganking will kill it, that's ridiculous, but I am saying grey ganking does INHIBIT growth substantially.

I've never seen anything to suggest grey ganking inhibits server growth. If anything I believe it's the opposite. Frontier is an option , not the only place to lvl. I know when I was grey ganked, it made me even more motivated to hit 50 to kill them back.
Sun 3 Feb 2019 8:32 PM by Quik
Of course its an option. That is made clear from the beginning, but if people here seriously think that players haven't left and moved on to other games after being grey ganked numerous times your kidding yourself.

Again, I'm not saying I have an answer, but I know for a fact people have left because of it and moved on to other games.

Yes you can say they might have left anyway after hitting RvR and maybe it isn't what they thought it was, or you can say they should have left because they are wimps or whatever you want.

I'm not disputing any of it, I am just saying my PERSONAL felling is why should we grey gank and even take a chance of losing players when it is such a stupid argument either way.

If you enjoy grey ganking then just own it and say you love killing people with no challenge in the hopes of drawing out the big boys. It isn't against the rules and lots of people do it.

But those who want to just ignore the fact that it IS alienating a small part of the player base and driving a few people away just don't want to acknowledge it happens.

Might be 1 player or might be 500, we will never know the exact numbers, I just know of 3 people who quit because of it and got tired of dealing with it. Yes they could have got experience elsewhere and I told them but they knew the frontiers were a whole lot better at that time and kept trying.
Sun 3 Feb 2019 10:04 PM by Numatic
Quik wrote:
Sun 3 Feb 2019 8:32 PM
Of course its an option. That is made clear from the beginning, but if people here seriously think that players haven't left and moved on to other games after being grey ganked numerous times your kidding yourself.

Again, I'm not saying I have an answer, but I know for a fact people have left because of it and moved on to other games.

Yes you can say they might have left anyway after hitting RvR and maybe it isn't what they thought it was, or you can say they should have left because they are wimps or whatever you want.

I'm not disputing any of it, I am just saying my PERSONAL felling is why should we grey gank and even take a chance of losing players when it is such a stupid argument either way.

If you enjoy grey ganking then just own it and say you love killing people with no challenge in the hopes of drawing out the big boys. It isn't against the rules and lots of people do it.

But those who want to just ignore the fact that it IS alienating a small part of the player base and driving a few people away just don't want to acknowledge it happens.

Might be 1 player or might be 500, we will never know the exact numbers, I just know of 3 people who quit because of it and got tired of dealing with it. Yes they could have got experience elsewhere and I told them but they knew the frontiers were a whole lot better at that time and kept trying.

That's why the whole grey ganking issue has been discussed to death since the beginning. It's literally two opposite ends of the pole. I just think that accepting a part of the game the way it is will have a much better affect on your playtime. It sucks being ganked out there but it's a natural risk. I just wish people would use it as motivation instead of quitting (if that is the case).

The only thing I will say is having a kill task item in the fz for that lvl and no other "safe" ones is a bit annoying to be ganked constantly. It happened to me on my NS who I had to solo to 50.
Sun 3 Feb 2019 10:15 PM by Quik
Yeah I've been nailed a lot and I keep going out (I want those tinders lol).

There is no for sure answer, it's all opinion. I wish we could have tried it at least for like the first month, mainly to try to hook as many new players as possible, but it is what it is.

Regardless, now we have the xp bonus outside the fz that helps drastically.
Sun 3 Feb 2019 10:16 PM by jg777
It’s everyones right to waste theirs and the victims time killing lowbies that are leveling. The red=dead is admittedly a mentality a significant playerbase possesses. For us others we can only accept and suffer through it while encouraging others not to do it.
Mon 4 Feb 2019 7:36 AM by Sepplord
there are several bonus rewards for levelling in the frontier... (30% bonus, Tinderboxes, Frontier-task)

without grey ganking there would be an additional bonus reward: RvR fights every now and then, without risk of just being farmed by people that are higher

That doesn't make sense, the additional boni are there to offset the risk. If you remove the risks then those boni would need to dissappear too (and then noone would level in the frontier anymore)

I don't always grey gank, it mostly depends on the situation. I would lie if a would say that i never lost a fight because of lowies adding onto healers/casters when a real fight breaks out. Lowies that we just spared a minute ago because they were grey and "just levelling in peace"
Mon 4 Feb 2019 10:41 AM by dudis
The reason XP is boosted in the frontier to begin with is because it's supposedly a dangerous area.

IMO greys should give RPs and they should increase XP even more in the frontier.

More fun for everyone involved
Mon 4 Feb 2019 12:08 PM by Tritri
dudis wrote:
Mon 4 Feb 2019 10:41 AM
The reason XP is boosted in the frontier to begin with is because it's supposedly a dangerous area.

IMO greys should give RPs and they should increase XP even more in the frontier.

More fun for everyone involved

No, people are just going to avoid people their lvl and chain camp grey lol :p

Right now it's fine, you see grey, you kill them and move on
Mon 4 Feb 2019 12:25 PM by opossum12
Quik wrote:
Sun 3 Feb 2019 8:32 PM

It sucks to get grey ganked, but then there is an xp bonus for leveling in frontier zone. What’s worse for the new player? Getting grey ganked maybe once or twice on their road to 50 or to not have any frontier xp bonus and tinderboxes for these 50 levels? For me the answer is clear.

Also you assume that new players don’t grey gank. What if some of the new players were grey gankers, because they have troubles finding groups?

At the beginning of beta, grey ganking was a million times worse because greys actually gave RPs, so there was incentive to go grey gank. Now that they changed it, there are no incentives to go grey gank, other than the desire to grief XPers from the opposing realm, which gets old very fast.

I don’t think there is an issue at the moment, as lame as grey ganking can be.
Mon 4 Feb 2019 12:47 PM by Rhoedric
Why ? Because you can !
Don’t get me wrong, I have kill grey, I am kill when I lvl in frontier and it’s not a big deal really.
What do you lose ? Nothing except 5 min and your false sense of safety.
If you want to be safe, there ´s plenty of zone where you can xp and sometime with bigger bonus than a overlooked spot in ZF.

Only thing that bug me is camping a xp loot for killing grey, lame sure, but you can always go back when camper leave.
Mon 4 Feb 2019 12:52 PM by Tritri
Yeah and sometimes a bun ch of grey can manage to kill a smallman that tried to kill them
Mon 4 Feb 2019 1:01 PM by Druth
Ganking is the result of information.

2002 maybe 20% could navigate in enemy frontier zones (apart from Emain), 10% knew the xp areas of enemy realm frontier zones, and maybe 1% knew xp items in enemy lands.

2019 90% knows all maps, 80% know the xp spots and a great deal where the xp loot drops in enemy areas.

It does not help that most of the "hard-core" 8 man guilds are rp hungry and will attack anything that gives them 1+ rp.
They do seem, for the most part, to leave greys alone. I suspect though that it's because attacking them drops speed making their trip to the rp's take longer.
Mon 4 Feb 2019 1:48 PM by Kaziera
Druth wrote:
Mon 4 Feb 2019 1:01 PM
Ganking is the result of information.

2002 maybe 20% could navigate in enemy frontier zones (apart from Emain), 10% knew the xp areas of enemy realm frontier zones, and maybe 1% knew xp items in enemy lands.

2019 90% knows all maps, 80% know the xp spots and a great deal where the xp loot drops in enemy areas.

It does not help that most of the "hard-core" 8 man guilds are rp hungry and will attack anything that gives them 1+ rp.
They do seem, for the most part, to leave greys alone. I suspect though that it's because attacking them drops speed making their trip to the rp's take longer.

Also when the whole grp focusses on 1 grey, you become prey for any other 8man.
Mon 4 Feb 2019 2:01 PM by Vlalkor
Sorkar wrote:
Sun 3 Feb 2019 10:04 AM
I know im setting myself up here for all the trolls and all of the "get gud noob" and whatever other clever comments people can come up with, but I am hoping, probably in vain, that someone can explain it to me. I have never understood the motivation behind ganking. You dont get any RP's for killing gray's, all you are doing is griefing people. And I guess that is really my question. Why do stuff just to upset or inconvenience people? I was not able to comprehend it when DAoC first came out, and here we are almost 2 decades later, im almost 20 years older, probably not 20 years wiser but at least a little bit, and I still can not comprehend it. I understand that DF and frontiers are RvR zones, I get that and you always run the risk of getting killed by opposing realms when stepping into those zones, but thats not what I am asking. What I am asking is why gank, and why grief?

Im under the philosophy if its Red its dead, this is WAR!!! That happens when im in a roleplaying mood, however, usually I leave grays alone
Mon 4 Feb 2019 2:11 PM by Svperstar
Ganking will always be a thing. I got ganked my first day on PHX in DF.

A better question is how do you react? Getting all pissed and logging off is not the way to do it.

Back on Uthgard in like 2013I had a group that only wanted to go to this perfect spot in Snowdonia, we got wiped twice and they insisted we go out a 3rd time. Sure enough we got wiped again and the entire 8 man group rage quit besides 2 of us. That was the fail in the situation more then the ganking, plenty of other xp spots we could have gone too but instead the group decided to get all emotional and rage log.
Mon 4 Feb 2019 3:13 PM by DinoTriz
Because Total War.

Greys are future combatants. You slow their rise, preventing more troops.

Also, the higher levels that come out to avenge the greys are out of the greater fight and instead are wasting time on a wild goose chase.

If people could salt your fields, they would.
Mon 4 Feb 2019 4:09 PM by ColdHands
The only reason we typically wont kill solo's duos and grays is because I don't want my group caught without speed or not paying attention for inc.
Tue 5 Feb 2019 12:00 AM by rubaduck
Anything that isn't grey we kill, unless they are teamed up with the "yellow" player.

Why? RP's of course.
Tue 12 Feb 2019 8:45 AM by Terrence
I'm pleasantly surprised how many players speak out in favor of grey ganking, I do it too sometimes when solo. As a solo minstrel the greatest danger is people adding into my fight, and any grey that could potentially make me lose a fight I'll just kill proactively. In a group you don't want speed loss but sometimes the dd is out faster than you realize the con of your enemy.

In sum I feel not killing a grey is a noble gesture but should not be the rule or made to be seen the superior, moral choice.
Tue 12 Feb 2019 10:52 AM by Jaegaer
There is another reason.

Good and entertaining stories need memorable villains. Because there can only be heroes when there are also villains.

You NEED to be angry sometimes because this is what keeps you interested in a more story driven and less "pure competition" game.

And DAoC is one of the best examples for this. Many fights are "unfair". This is ok, even needed. The one disgusting Lurikeen that killed me three times in three different exp spots in Uppland will see what he himself brought upon him once I hit 50 and get templated.

So the decision wether you want to be noble and only attack yellows or wether you be ghastly and hit the healer of the grey group in mid pull is yours and yours alone.
Tue 12 Feb 2019 11:48 AM by Sarcast
Well I think it is human evolution or the absent of it. They can because the dont have to feel consequences, the individual thinks its hidden and anonymous.

Add this to the Herald:
Total Grey Con killed
Total Grey Con Death Blows
Name/Name Account Chars

I like the option to choose!
It is givin and is up to everyone to do so. BUT you have to expect consequences to have the spice in life!

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference. -Reinhold Niebuhr
Tue 12 Feb 2019 6:11 PM by Lance
Sorkar wrote:
I have never understood the motivation behind ganking. You dont get any RP's for killing gray's, all you are doing is griefing people.

because i can
Tue 12 Feb 2019 6:16 PM by jg777
Lance wrote:
Tue 12 Feb 2019 6:11 PM
Sorkar wrote:
I have never understood the motivation behind ganking. You dont get any RP's for killing gray's, all you are doing is griefing people.

because i can

The ability to do something doesn’t mean one ought to. 🤔
Tue 12 Feb 2019 6:32 PM by Ashenspire
jg777 wrote:
Tue 12 Feb 2019 6:16 PM
Lance wrote:
Sorkar wrote:

because i can

You CAN gain exp in the frontier. Doesn't mean you should.

It's one thing if they could get to you anywhere. You have an entire home realm full of enemies that will get you to 50 behind an impenetrable border keep.

You chose to step on the other side of it. Accept what comes with that choice.
Tue 12 Feb 2019 8:35 PM by jg777
Ashenspire wrote:
Tue 12 Feb 2019 6:32 PM
jg777 wrote:
Tue 12 Feb 2019 6:16 PM
Lance wrote:
because i can

You CAN gain exp in the frontier. Doesn't mean you should.

It's one thing if they could get to you anywhere. You have an entire home realm full of enemies that will get you to 50 behind an impenetrable border keep.

You chose to step on the other side of it. Accept what comes with that choice.

Obviously. The question is more why bother killing them to begin with, what’s the value of it. It’s basically what came first, the chicken or the egg scenario... some claim chickens, others eggs. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Wed 13 Feb 2019 12:02 AM by BisbyHoughton
Just dab on them instead /startle
Thu 14 Feb 2019 2:52 AM by Warblood
This is thought on ganking greys, you get an exp bonus for lvling in the frontier zones, and run the risk of being ganked by high levels, but really ganking greys helps your realm out, if those greys cant get to 50 they cant support their realm as easily. So grey ganking hurts the other realm.
Thu 14 Feb 2019 6:27 AM by jg777
Warblood wrote:
Thu 14 Feb 2019 2:52 AM
This is thought on ganking greys, you get an exp bonus for lvling in the frontier zones, and run the risk of being ganked by high levels, but really ganking greys helps your realm out, if those greys cant get to 50 they cant support their realm as easily. So grey ganking hurts the other realm.

It hurts your realm because you aren’t supporting the war front where it’s actually more needed, against other level 50’s; you’re also not getting efficient increase in realm points to strengthen your character, or learning to RvR better- all more worthwhile to both yourself and your realm. It’s ultimately illogical to hunt lowbies.
Thu 14 Feb 2019 9:59 AM by doflynn
Sarcast wrote:
Tue 12 Feb 2019 11:48 AM
Well I think it is human evolution or the absent of it. They can because the dont have to feel consequences

It is givin and is up to everyone to do so. BUT you have to expect consequences to have the spice in life!

What consequences ?
Fri 15 Feb 2019 5:30 PM by Sarcast
doflynn wrote:
Sarcast wrote:
What consequences ?

Did you read AND understand?
Add this to the Herald:
Total Grey Con killed
Name/Name Account Chars

Do you know the RL social interactions and laws and ethics?

Everyone can see in the Herald who got the most kills, most RP, most Solo Kills ... for what reason
... We are all Anon here but we have Names let them sound!
doflynn:
Last Week Solo Grey Con Kills Solo
Total Solo Grey Con Kills
doflynns chars: doflynn Healer, doflap Druid, dogank Night Shade

Can you imagine now?

You probably would feel much more lonley. But it may fit.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 5:59 PM by gschoenhofen
What if I told you I liked being ganked by purples in the frontier? Lol jk... In all honesty though it is so satisfying to kill a purple and assuming purples can't kill grays I'm guessing it would only be fair grays can't damage purples AND you would have to do something about that level 34 druid healing that 50 you are fighting and you can't rupt or kill him cause he is gray. Sorry man, but people that can't stand being gray ganked or ganked in general just take to to the mainland until they are 50 and don't join groups xping in the frontier
Fri 15 Feb 2019 8:35 PM by dreenk317
I think what we need is roaming squads of templated lvl 35 purple baiters. A group of competent lvl 35's can kill most solo lvl 50's if everyone is on point. Would be fun to draw out the gankers and in turn, gank them with greys.
Sat 16 Feb 2019 12:19 PM by doflynn
Sarcast wrote:
Fri 15 Feb 2019 5:30 PM
doflynn wrote:
Sarcast wrote:
What consequences ?

Did you read AND understand?
Add this to the Herald:
Total Grey Con killed
Name/Name Account Chars

Do you know the RL social interactions and laws and ethics?

Everyone can see in the Herald who got the most kills, most RP, most Solo Kills ... for what reason
... We are all Anon here but we have Names let them sound!
doflynn:
Last Week Solo Grey Con Kills Solo
Total Solo Grey Con Kills
doflynns chars: doflynn Healer, doflap Druid, dogank Night Shade

Can you imagine now?

You probably would feel much more lonley. But it may fit.

That is a great idea

More leaderboards to top
Mon 18 Feb 2019 6:58 AM by borodino1812
A frontier zone with no risk would be rather pointless . Ultimately, grey ganking add risk to the frontier zone, and it makes you look over your shoulder when you head out there.

As long as there are alternatives to xping in the fz, I do not see the problem with grey ganking.
Mon 18 Feb 2019 7:48 AM by Tritri
Sarcast wrote:
Well I think it is human evolution or the absent of it. They can because the dont have to feel consequences, the individual thinks its hidden and anonymous.

Add this to the Herald:
Total Grey Con killed
Name/Name Account Chars

I like the option to choose!

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference. -Reinhold Niebuhr

You are aware that you'll get the exact opposit of what you are expecting with this, right ?
Mon 18 Feb 2019 9:23 AM by Sepplord
didn't greys still give 1or2 RP back in classic?

Afaik they give nothing at all here, which is already a bone thrown to the greys
Mon 18 Feb 2019 10:30 AM by Jaegaer
borodino1812 wrote:
Mon 18 Feb 2019 6:58 AM
A frontier zone with no risk would be rather pointless ....

While this is totally correct, it is no longer a risk, it has become a certainty.

And this is always the problem with these things: a death spiral of more and more level 50s trying to do some solo RvR ganking the smaller and smaller number of levellers that then stay away bc you are almost guaranteed being ganked in under 20 minutes.
Mon 18 Feb 2019 12:55 PM by Jerrian
I also see many players not killing grey.

When leaving portal keep and seeing many players level in front of the portal keeps it seems to be a good sign that there are no gankersup, but often I ´m wrong because they just let the greys be and kill me instead because I ´m not grey. That ´s ok for me and the way it should be, but nobody can be blamed for killing and ganking in frontiers.

Phoenix offers enough ways to skip the frontiers for leveling and farming though, so if you get mad, while being killed in frontiers you better don ´t go there.
Tue 19 Feb 2019 12:11 AM by Lawdawg
When I get ganked trying to level or quest in the frontier, it makes me angry....Then, I log on my 50 and go DECIMATE the enemies frontiers, wrecking every grey in sight, spamming /slit .....and I feel better..
Wed 20 Feb 2019 3:42 AM by dbeattie71
Lawdawg wrote:
Tue 19 Feb 2019 12:11 AM
When I get ganked trying to level or quest in the frontier, it makes me angry....Then, I log on my 50 and go DECIMATE the enemies frontiers, wrecking every grey in sight, spamming /slit .....and I feel better..

I tried this when my fellow hibs were getting ganked. I'm weak because it didn't feel right lol. I apologize to the people I ganked last night in Ft. Sausage.
Wed 20 Feb 2019 4:30 AM by Afuldan
borodino1812 wrote:
Mon 18 Feb 2019 6:58 AM
A frontier zone with no risk would be rather pointless . Ultimately, grey ganking add risk to the frontier zone, and it makes you look over your shoulder when you head out there.

As long as there are alternatives to xping in the fz, I do not see the problem with grey ganking.

This is what people seem to miss. There are alternatives. You might get ganked, but you get Tinderboxes and a little bit of bonus xp.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics