Point of Farming Toons on Phoenix

Started 16 Jan 2019
by Andrien
in Ask the Team
Howdy Folks,

I just wanted to ask what the point of farming toons is on Phoenix. I have one myself (Necromancer). However, I noticed that only class specific loot drops for the character you're playing. For example, the Necromancer will only get cloth drop and acuity/intel items. Sometimes I'll get a staf with str on it. But, unlike Uthgard you don't get Plate or Chain drops. If I am on my Armsman, I get Plate, Chain, and Reinforced. So just to clear things up, is there any real reason to make a farming toon on Phoenix other than farming xp items like Phoenix eggs?

Cheers
Wed 16 Jan 2019 1:11 AM by jtt25c
You can farm the deamon seals in DF and buy your alts gear from the vendors in DR near the entrance
Wed 16 Jan 2019 1:17 AM by Andrien
Yeah, I just thought of that as well. Good point. We're on classic so the old gear is new gear now.
Wed 16 Jan 2019 2:10 AM by Turtle006
50% of the rog is supposed to be random for any class. I know that I got some thrust weapons and plate on my Cabby. Probably the RNG just hasn't been kind to you.

Also, all ROGs salvage for the same values, so cloth is just as good as plate for example for salvage.
Wed 16 Jan 2019 2:40 AM by Andrien
I hope so, because I farmed on my necro to level 15 and I don't recall getting any studded or chain drops. I may have gotten 1 or 2 leather pieces of gear, but most of it was cloth armor.
Wed 16 Jan 2019 4:46 AM by Joestar
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. Do any mobs have specific loot tables at all or it's just rogs? When I'm 50, I want to be able to farm salvage to make money. If it's just rogs, that's pretty lazy coding there.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics