An idea how to tune power archers down a bit for zerg vs zerg

Started 12 Jun 2021
by Nephamael
in Suggestions
I think the main problem archer assists pose in keepfights is the extreme range.

The extreme range is caused by the elevation range bonus. (Archer sits on top of a tower in a keep = huge range increase)

I think the easiest fix would be to flatten the range increase curve - still keeping it intact but making the bonuses much less dramatic.
Tue 15 Jun 2021 12:30 PM by Babajaga
Can you guys just stop suggesting things that might kill the solo aspect as it is already enough hard to run it ?

I know you all archer haters, but come on. We are still few who chose to focus seriously on these classes.
Tue 15 Jun 2021 12:58 PM by Noashakra
Babajaga wrote:
Tue 15 Jun 2021 12:30 PM
Can you guys just stop suggesting things that might kill the solo aspect as it is already enough hard to run it ?

I know you all archer haters, but come on. We are still few who chose to focus seriously on these classes.

No hate here, but how this suggestion will impact solo rangers?
Do they need the insane range bonus from a tower to hit at 3000+ units?
Tue 15 Jun 2021 12:59 PM by skipari
i mean those archer trains made me stop playing zerg stuff, and i know some who did the same or worse actually. But i think those generic nerfs aren't really helpful. Neither the general damage reduction or your proposed range reduction would change a ton.

Something that could work would be stacking penalties, in example as soon as the 3rd/4th archer joins all arrow based damage will be reduced by 20%, for every further drop it for another 10% or so until a set minimum is reached. You also have to do that also for magic/melee trains too, else the current cheese will be replaced by the next.
But the implementation would be somewhat hell, gruenes would have to find a way to create character id based buff with different timings (which has to be something like .95% of the draw/cast/swing speed or so), the actual values have to be figured out, and so on... but you could reverse at least all the specific nerfs, increase ttk and tune down the oneshot archer/mage assists.
Tue 15 Jun 2021 1:00 PM by keen
Babajaga wrote:
Tue 15 Jun 2021 12:30 PM

Can you just stop raging at every post regarding your class? It wouldn't influence 1v1....
Tue 15 Jun 2021 2:00 PM by Babajaga
It will.

Archer strenght comes from positioning. Specially against tank classes as they will just engage or rupters like reavers, skalds, champ, thanes, vw.
Engaging them from high height prevent any SL pots used, permit us to re positioning again while stealth, having enough distance to dont being catch by a sl and crit.

Its all about hit and run. So yea. That counts a lot.
Tue 15 Jun 2021 2:07 PM by keen
Babajaga wrote:
Tue 15 Jun 2021 2:00 PM
It will.

Archer strenght comes from positioning. Specially against tank classes as they will just engage or rupters as reavers, skalds, champ, thanes, vw.
Engaging them from high height prevent any SL pots used, permit us to re positioning again while stealth, having enough distance to dont be catch by a sl and crit.

dont make stuff up, 2k range is more than you ever run off. it will have 0,0 impact on 1v1. dont know why you try to argue here. this change will be irrelevant for 1v1 solo archers.
it is a problem in zerg fight with keeps and very high elevation.
Tue 15 Jun 2021 2:14 PM by Babajaga
keen wrote:
Tue 15 Jun 2021 2:07 PM
Babajaga wrote:
Tue 15 Jun 2021 2:00 PM
It will.

Archer strenght comes from positioning. Specially against tank classes as they will just engage or rupters as reavers, skalds, champ, thanes, vw.
Engaging them from high height prevent any SL pots used, permit us to re positioning again while stealth, having enough distance to dont be catch by a sl and crit.

dont make stuff up, 2k range is more than you ever run off. it will have 0,0 impact on 1v1. dont know why you try to argue here. this change will be irrelevant for 1v1 solo archers.

As most of archer sucks on this serv. Its somehow a free meal for all the classes i told before. Making them confident to chase us, right? Did u ever see a shield class or any other rupter dodging a solo archer engaging him?
That where my point is. Its easier to kill them with better range.

Next please.
Wed 16 Jun 2021 12:34 PM by Siouxsie
Yuva - It's not going to matter soon. You won't be able to solo your ranger because the side arc has been reduced. You can't spam side stun every 5 seconds any more in your videos and expect it to go off as much now.

The staff have always been hostile to archers -- ever since beta. It doesn't help that there's a Hibernia ranger guild exploiting this game mechanic that makes the game worse for everyone else.
Wed 16 Jun 2021 12:43 PM by inoeth
Siouxsie wrote:
Wed 16 Jun 2021 12:34 PM
Yuva - It's not going to matter soon. You won't be able to solo your ranger because the side arc has been reduced. You can't spam side stun every 5 seconds any more in your videos and expect it to go off as much now.

The staff have always been hostile to archers -- ever since beta. It doesn't help that there's a Hibernia ranger guild exploiting this game mechanic that makes the game worse for everyone else.

lul u mad bro?

actually rangers will be fkn OP with the frontal chain
Wed 16 Jun 2021 1:51 PM by Babajaga
Siouxsie wrote:

Lmao, do you really think it would change anything for me ? You can even reduce it for 50% you will still cut your veins coz i will land these.
The angle reduction will just distinguish the bad from the good ones :shrug: which is fine for me, there will be less lucky peels or sides from group fights and peels war between 2 melee can be finally interesting in 8v8.
Thu 17 Jun 2021 1:26 AM by Irkeno
Siouxsie wrote:
Yuva - You won't be able to solo your ranger because the side arc has been reduced. You can't spam side stun every 5 seconds any more in your videos and expect it to go off as much now.

Duel him 😂 precisely 0 difference in his ability to land it. If anything, he’s stronger
Thu 17 Jun 2021 12:13 PM by Siouxsie
Irkeno wrote:
Thu 17 Jun 2021 1:26 AM
Siouxsie wrote:
Yuva - You won't be able to solo your ranger because the side arc has been reduced. You can't spam side stun every 5 seconds any more in your videos and expect it to go off as much now.

Duel him 😂 precisely 0 difference in his ability to land it. If anything, he’s stronger

Um.. shouldn't /face prevent side strafe cheeze?
Thu 17 Jun 2021 9:01 PM by Ceen
Siouxsie wrote:
Thu 17 Jun 2021 12:13 PM
Irkeno wrote:
Thu 17 Jun 2021 1:26 AM
Siouxsie wrote:

Um.. shouldn't /face prevent side strafe cheeze?
If you face even I can side back style you
There is also a 30 loc range in which every condition is fullfilled. You can look away from the target and can still front back side style.
Fri 18 Jun 2021 12:14 AM by Jingo NZ
Better than range nerf would be arrow immunity for 1.0 sec after being hit by an arrow. Gives a tiny window for a couple of very organized assisters, but beyond that your are safe from arrow pincushion #blap.
Fri 18 Jun 2021 6:05 PM by Robeoke2020
Seems like the issue is the ranger group assist trains, and now there's scout assist trains, so why not address that instead of all archers? Can we remove /assist from the archer class? Make them all target individually instead of spamming their /macro AST /assist whoever button. That would cut down tremendously on train damage and not mess w solo archers. Solo archers have enough challenges as it is.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics