Item models and dyes

Started 6 May 2021
by bluntslide
in Suggestions
Everybody looks the same these days, and we can truly enhance the visual DAoC experience by including more weapon and armor models. There are many more classic and non-classic weapon models that aren't available on the reskin merchant. I think most people would agree that looking cool and customization is a lot of fun.

Also, let's get more dye colors if it's codable
Thu 6 May 2021 2:09 AM by Buffdahobo
Yes! Why is this not already a thing? Please let us have more skin options. There are so many more than what is available and are so few options I don't want to spend my bps on anything cause my characters start looking the same. Please do this!
Thu 6 May 2021 2:28 AM by Shimaju
I agree
Thu 6 May 2021 1:52 PM by bettercasey
I’d love to see some dyes and skins that are in the game added! Champion weapon skins would rock even!
Thu 6 May 2021 3:16 PM by Kwall0311
I think this is one of the only topics in this game/forum that most people agree on, minus the very few boomers whos eyes get hurt by the extra few pixels.

Transmogs are good for games, giving people cosmetic options is always a good idea.

And this isnt a classic server, its only based on a classic patch. (for the people who use that arguement)
Thu 6 May 2021 3:59 PM by Kurbsen
i would love a white dye
Fri 7 May 2021 8:08 AM by Taln
I agree there are alot of skins not yet on this server, bring them in!!!!
Sat 8 May 2021 2:47 PM by Astaa
It would certainly be nice to have more skins!
Sat 8 May 2021 3:14 PM by evert
There are some quick wins like allowing all levels of crafted skins on BP merchant. But the more the better imo, maybe I wouldn't sell all my BPs then.
Fri 18 Jun 2021 3:46 AM by Buffdahobo
Bumping this!!! Please give us more skin options!!
Fri 18 Jun 2021 4:00 AM by ExcretusMaximus
There used to be a thread where you could suggest skins, many of the suggestions were denied, and I can't find it anymore (though I did not look very hard, I admit).
Fri 18 Jun 2021 4:22 AM by Buffdahobo
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Fri 18 Jun 2021 4:00 AM
There used to be a thread where you could suggest skins, many of the suggestions were denied, and I can't find it anymore (though I did not look very hard, I admit).

I heard from a player that the devs had once said they don't want to implement skins so that the server can keep a classic aesthetic. I can't find the post so don't know if it's true but cannot understand how this reasoning would hold up with all of the current post-classic skins--there are even the Banished minotaurs, the ToA arena, NF itself. Beyond the aesthetics classes and skill lines have been tweaked also.

Many of us have played other freeshards that allow players to change their skins themselves by looking up item codes, so it can't be that much of a time sink to implement more skins and would make the game a bit more aesthetically enjoyable. The codes are there. It gets a bit dull having so few armor and weapon mods.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics