MoArcane cost reduction

Started 25 Apr 2021
by Gavster
in Suggestions
Hi all,

Pitching the idea for MoArcane to have its cost reduced to Determination RA costs.

Current costs:
1, 1(2), 2(4), 3(7), 3(10), 5(15), 5(20), 7(27), 7(34)
2%, 4%, 6%, 9%, 12%, 15%, 20%, 25%, 30%

Recommend adjustment:
1, 1(2), 2(4), 2(6), 2(8), 3(11), 3(14), 4(18), 4(22)
Same as determination.

MoArcane 6 would go from 15 ra points to 11 points
MoArcane 7 would go from 20 ra points to 14 points
MoArcane 8 would go from 25 ra points to 18 points
And so on.

Our buffers: Druid, cleric and shaman all have relatively steep early ra requirements. Roughly rr5|x worth of absolute basics before any variety/choice. I assume this is the same reason det costs were reduced.

Lowering this mandatory RA requirement would benefit all the realms buffers. Help our generous buffing support out.
Sun 25 Apr 2021 4:04 PM by easytoremember
I think it's a bad idea because of how strong the RA is for spec buffers. For classes like Eldritch, Wizard, Runemaster it's reasonable because of how little they benefit and even then it is functioning as a poor man's PD

You should also keep in mind pets have no stat buff caps; allowing spec buffers to easily approach Arcane9 is very shortsighted
Mon 26 Apr 2021 6:42 AM by Sepplord
Determination is also really strong, so i doubt strength of the RA is a deciding factor
"must haves" are made free or cheaper on phoenix, and it is not too far fetched to try and apply that thought onto MotA

on the other hand speccbuffers bring already a huge advantage into the group, and widening the gap between specbuffed people and put-users is probably not a good idea
Wed 5 May 2021 7:32 PM by Egonek
i like the idea!
Wed 5 May 2021 7:40 PM by gotwqqd
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 26 Apr 2021 6:42 AM
Determination is also really strong, so i doubt strength of the RA is a deciding factor
"must haves" are made free or cheaper on phoenix, and it is not too far fetched to try and apply that thought onto MotA

on the other hand speccbuffers bring already a huge advantage into the group, and widening the gap between specbuffed people and put-users is probably not a good idea
I’d say If some classes are getting musthave RA abilities at reduced costs that all classes should benefit in some manner from this practice. Unless of course it’s there for balance issues that cannot be sorted in other ways.

But I’d agree with Sepplord....it’s not a must have , it’s a luxury
Wed 5 May 2021 8:20 PM by lurker
Is is not must-have. Not in the same way det is.

Det 9 is required by all tanks in small, 8, zerg to make sure your tanks can actually be used (not mezzed, rooted out for the entire fight).

MotA is only a MUST have in high end 8v8 and even then you could argue it's not essential. Missing 15 stats in some areas is hardly the same as missing 80% cc reduction on your peelers.

Your tanks missing det = loosing every fight.
Your cleric having capped buff = Min/maxxing
Wed 5 May 2021 9:19 PM by Nephamael
This would help every single buffer in all 3 realms, i can see no downside whatsoever.
It would reduce the gvg entry RR for buff classes significantly too.

I have been talking with a bunch of gvg druids and they all support this. Can't imagine any shaman or cleric is against this.

BIG UP!
Wed 5 May 2021 10:44 PM by Astaa
Frankly, and from a server wide demographic, nobody cares about 8v8, sorry, it is what it is, and I still think proper 8v8 and solo are the pinnacles of DAOC, but that was 15 years ago.

But if it somehow means I have to spend less RA points on ranger buffs, I support this.
Thu 6 May 2021 3:08 AM by bettercasey
Honestly see no downside to this and would be great to be able to buy more RAs on a healer class while staying competitive! Plz
Thu 6 May 2021 4:37 AM by evert
Nephamael wrote:
Wed 5 May 2021 9:19 PM
This would help every single buffer in all 3 realms, i can see no downside whatsoever.

I have been talking with a bunch of gvg druids and they all support this. Can't imagine any shaman or cleric is against this.

BIG UP!

Come on, that doesn’t make any sense. I’ve been talking with a bunch of solo skalds and we all agree that giving skalds speed 10 and warlock chambers would be great. It would significantly help skalds, can’t imagine any skald is against this! Big up!
Thu 6 May 2021 6:54 AM by DJ2000
evert wrote:
Thu 6 May 2021 4:37 AM
Nephamael wrote:
Wed 5 May 2021 9:19 PM

BIG UP!

Come on, that doesn’t make any sense. I’ve been talking with a bunch of solo skalds and we all agree that giving skalds speed 10 and warlock chambers would be great. It would significantly help skalds, can’t imagine any skald is against this! Big up!

You are waaay to narrow-minded.
I've talked to numerous Mentalists, Hunters and Minstrels and all came to the same conclusion. Being able to charm the Realm Dragon is completely appropriate, as it helps farm the Dragon by simply /duel someone while its passive charmed to ease the Gear/remains/items/drops for everyone in the Realms; and also in RvR combat when dealing with Realm Enemies (Dragons have to be accessible in the old Relic Keeps obviously).
This would significantly help not only all the Realms, but the Minstrels, Hunters and Mentalists as well. I can’t imagine any Minstrel, Hunter or Mentalist to be against this!
Triple Big up!

Ok, to be SEMI on Topic:
The only way for me to see MoArcane cost reduced, would be to lower ALL Buffs of all Classes, pots, charges, selfbuffs, timed, conc. etc. by 20%. Which would mean that a RED buff would need MoArcane9 to be capped.
Fri 21 May 2021 8:13 PM by Gavster
Thanks for the replies guys. Would like to keep this going.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics