Bonedancer Deadeyes pet ignore wall when cast.

Started 24 Apr 2021
by tiarna
in Resolved Issues
i open this issue due to an huge bug with bonedancer pet "deadeyes" that in many keep/tower situation hit people inside the keep, like lord room and behind wall.. when u try to target where the pet is.. is in the middle of the keep.. or outside.

this is reported by many people.

please check that.

Issue Timeline

24 Apr 2021 tiarna created this issue
28 Apr 2021 gruenesschaf assigned this issue from Nobody to gruenesschaf
28 Apr 2021 gruenesschaf changed the status of this issue from in_progress to resolved
Wed 28 Apr 2021 8:57 AM by Astaa
Can confirm, ridiculous bug abuse at every single keep vs mids. If they can make animist pets require LOS then they can make BD pets require LOS.
Wed 28 Apr 2021 8:59 AM by CharlieFil
Just happened me 3 mins ago. I was inside NOTTMOR keep and i was getting hit by a bonedancer archer pet, not allowing me to heal my teammates
Wed 28 Apr 2021 9:56 AM by DJ2000
This "bug" is so old, so looooong in the current game, you can almost call it a feature at this point.

I've got hit by charmed pets so many times too (Minstrels, Sorcs and Mentalists) with their Archer pets.
It is not just a BD thing.
*Crossing fingers for a fix*
Wed 28 Apr 2021 10:36 AM by boridi
Fix archer pets, but then give skalds red pets.
Wed 28 Apr 2021 10:39 AM by DJ2000
boridi wrote:
Wed 28 Apr 2021 10:36 AM
... but then give skalds red pets.

?
Wed 28 Apr 2021 12:29 PM by Astaa
Quick question.

How was this resolved? It was happening this morning...
Wed 28 Apr 2021 12:46 PM by verkloppdiefee
They do it without restart of server, no news nothing, but Bow Pets now out of game ^^. Bonearmy Spec only now for Poison, thats it ! Next nerf for BD´s. GZ
Wed 28 Apr 2021 1:12 PM by Astaa
Well, they were completely and utterly broken and shot through walls.

Thanks devs for your quick response.
Wed 28 Apr 2021 1:25 PM by verkloppdiefee
Rofl, they was NEVER broken, its since Live Server Game Mechanic. Sure if rr12 NS not OP, there is a Problem . They cant fix this Mechanic (to many work i Think) so , Bow Pets are OUT ^^
Wed 28 Apr 2021 2:48 PM by Magesty
Hopefully this is a band aid fix and the spec will be compensated in some way for losing synergy with their pet damage add buff as well as the flavor the specialization offered.
Thu 29 Apr 2021 6:35 AM by Sepplord
If it was done without any annoncement or recognition that it happened, i have my doubts that it will be adressed at all or compensated for...
Removing a whole spell from a class should be something explained in the patchnotes

Don't get me wrong, if the pets were special/different regarding their ability to griefplay in Sieges, and it wasn't something they could fix...then i understand why it needs to be removed. But just removing it, without mentioning it anywhere is best case lazy.
Makes you think how many other things get changed without notice

I remember several announcement for changes that came with "players should not notice any effect, it's just behind the scenes stuff" that send the signal that they are open and communciating changes even if they have no direct influence. And then a whole pet gets removed from a class just like that and it isn't even recognized...

If this change had impact on 8vs8 i am convinced it would have been documented, but who cares about a few zerg-BDs?
Thu 29 Apr 2021 7:02 AM by Astaa
I'm not sure if something had changed that affected it or whether 'those sorts of players' suddenly found the bug to abuse but it was getting kind of silly that every single siege, more and more broken archer pets were showing up, people were getting locked down in a siege with absolutely no counter, baring leaving the keep, finding the pet and killing it (or the BD ofc) that just doesn't work in a siege.

Possibly hammer to crack a nut, possibly they are working on fixing them before adding them back in, who knows.

As a layman I would have thought it would be as simple as adding LOS checks to the pets such as animists pets have, or even an elevation check? But maybe there is more to it than that.

Having said that, if it is permanent then maybe add something back for the BD that helps mids in sieges. Some sort of siege wrecker pet or something? A melee pet that does extra damage to doors and equipment?
Thu 29 Apr 2021 8:34 AM by tiarna
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 29 Apr 2021 6:35 AM
If this change had impact on 8vs8 i am convinced it would have been documented, but who cares about a few zerg-BDs?

Who cares? figures an healer that try to defend a keep with his group and his perma rupted from an invisible archer for 15 20 mins..

hope they fix the problem, dont think they perma removed the skill line, think they need time to check and fix it.
Thu 29 Apr 2021 8:43 AM by Astaa
Maybe think about adding some sort of spamable fire and forget pet to that line? Skeletal remains, somewhere between animist and thurg. It would also have the benefit of giving mid a pve spam class like animist or thurg.

I'm not sure what it would do, not a copy of animist or thurg but something.
Fri 30 Apr 2021 9:23 AM by Sepplord
tiarna wrote:
Thu 29 Apr 2021 8:34 AM
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 29 Apr 2021 6:35 AM

Who cares? figures an healer that try to defend a keep with his group and his perma rupted from an invisible archer for 15 20 mins..

hope they fix the problem, dont think they perma removed the skill line, think they need time to check and fix it.

did you read the whole comment? or just skipped to a part you can object to?
The part you quoted clearly referred to being informed...i literally mentioned that i even agree with the removal
I disagree with doing it silently without information

Return to Resolved Issues or the latest topics