Caster Solo play - New Potions

Started 14 Apr 2021
by sleeve
in RvR
Hello, I thought I would bring some attention to this experience as i don't see many solo casters roaming to share a thought.

I'm having huge difficulty which is to be expected out there solo and even in the right situation where i find a fight its usually with a tanky class.

2500 HP
180 Heal Charge
200 (legion charge) not 100% sure on this amount too
60% Hp regen (over 30sec - 5s tic)
Ignore Pain (In a few cases)

Im not sure on exact amounts but i recon thats atleast 10-14 nukes to kill a tank.

Does this rough estimate seem to be working as intended / normal?
Wed 14 Apr 2021 3:28 PM by Magesty
Sadly for those who have solo caster dreams this is largely as intended.

Hopefully the 60% heal goes away, and you only have to deal with the other methods of healing.

I wouldn't expect to have great success soloing on casters that aren't BD/SM or don't have disease.
Wed 14 Apr 2021 3:43 PM by sleeve
Mental..
Tried SM (useless vs 1.5 swing speed)
BD Could work.

Main Options:
Stealther
Mins
Skald
Dock / Bridge Camping Tank Class

Shits boring.

Thanks for the reply mate
Wed 14 Apr 2021 3:48 PM by soremir
Yeah man, with the massive glut of assassins out there, soloing on a caster seems pretty dismal.
Wed 14 Apr 2021 3:50 PM by sleeve
Assasins are all over but if thats what people want to play then unlucky for the casters

Problem is actually finishing off a Tanky Classes HP.. Its really looong time and you can't fuck up at all / get any resists lol
Wed 14 Apr 2021 9:24 PM by jonny290
Solo caster is a difficult game here. I told myself to chill on trying to make my sorc viable 1v1 without a billion RA points to spend and went over to the minstrel dark side. Much happier. It is what it is, as they say.
Thu 15 Apr 2021 3:04 PM by joshisanonymous
sleeve wrote:
Wed 14 Apr 2021 3:43 PM
Mental..
Tried SM (useless vs 1.5 swing speed)
BD Could work.

Main Options:
Stealther
Mins
Skald
Dock / Bridge Camping Tank Class

Shits boring.

Thanks for the reply mate

Swing speed only makes SM useless for soloing if your strategy is to rely 100% on your pet intercepting.

A lot of caster classes are soloable, but it takes a lot of alertness and a certain kind of patience.

For what it's worth, the most effective casters against those tanky every-self-heal-up enemies are the ones with access to snare nukes.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics