RR5 solo thane.....

Started 20 Feb 2021
by gotwqqd
in Midgard
What RA’s would be good?
I assume serenity 1; purge 2; and ST? Are a given?

Also any other specs besides 50sc/42sh/weapon?

I was thinking 50sc/44weapon/29parry/23shield
Wed 24 Feb 2021 8:58 AM by inoeth
phew not sure if you just did not see all the thane topic or willingly ignoring them....
serenity on a solo thane?
and then 44 weapon? dont know whats your plan, do you want to be a caster or melee?
then high parry low shield, does that make any sense?

maybe take a look at the existing topics there is plenty of good advice
Wed 24 Feb 2021 7:55 PM by gotwqqd
inoeth wrote:
Wed 24 Feb 2021 8:58 AM
phew not sure if you just did not see all the thane topic or willingly ignoring them....
serenity on a solo thane?
and then 44 weapon? dont know whats your plan, do you want to be a caster or melee?
then high parry low shield, does that make any sense?

maybe take a look at the existing topics there is plenty of good advice
44 (I believe) has a high bleed reactionary
I think the parry and shield are rather balanced, I stopped shield at a style
What’s wrong with 1 point in serenity for any class that uses magic and casts dd?
Thu 25 Feb 2021 3:21 AM by Magesty
So, if you are planning to solo you need to realize what types of fights you will be in and how your resource usage will play out. There isn't likely to be a moment where you are finding yourself out of mana and both in a position where serenity 1 would have regenerated a meaningful amount over the duration and in a situation where that spell would make any difference. The average solo fight is something like 30 to 90 seconds, and there is a fair chance you'll either die immediately afterwards or be able to completely reset after you've won.

As for your other RAs you are on the right track. ST is probably your most powerful tool-- it is unbelievably broken, and, in my opinion, in desperate need of a fix.

Your homebrew spec doesn't really make sense. 42 shield isn't optional if you want to be at all consistent. Slam is far too powerful, especially on a class with access to ST. I'm not a Thane expert, but in looking at the char builder I'm guessing the best build is something like the standard spec you suggested:

48 SC (last nuke)
42 Shield (slam)
39 Hammer (back and side snare)
15 Parry (~7.5% extra defense is best use of remaining points-- alternatively do 50 SC 6 parry, 12 str/con as a trade off for ~4.5% parry)

Some tips:

ST resets stun immunity timer, so if your slam is purged you can eventually just drop an ST and force your opponent to kite or eat 12 seconds of stun.
You can use numb and apply a melee snare to kite and nuke for free. Extremely broken against certain classes as interrupts are often limited and if you get them to purge either one it should be a free win.
Fri 26 Feb 2021 9:26 AM by Dunga
played in the past troll 50sc,50hammer,10shild, 27parry and i liked it alot. but after all the melee( mop,armor vul., hp raise) nerfs it didnt make sense anymore( for me). 50sc/42sh/39hammer/rest parry or 34hammer more parry is the way to go. 39 hammer style is a good one after parry,29 backsnare,21 after block,15 anytimer. 1h/2h swap back and forth,depends on which opponent.

allways, ever! 50 sc

mof2!!,purge2, st1, ip3+, woc1 or 3+,moc1,moparry,moblock, ~RR8
the one point in sere do nearly nothing. i allways run with comb. reg =3 and use rare inst barell.
Wed 14 Apr 2021 1:50 PM by Alasthor
Excuse me, but DETERMINATION not use? for me is essential
Wed 14 Apr 2021 2:41 PM by Magesty
Alasthor wrote:
Wed 14 Apr 2021 1:50 PM

This thread is about solo play. Determination is an 8v8/zerg RA.

On this server the question for a solo visible is as follows: Does this choice help me to not lose as quickly to assassins?

In the case of determination the answer is no. The only consistent matchup it would help a solo thane in is vs minstrels, whereas purge helps in every matchup they will encounter.
Mon 19 Apr 2021 1:31 PM by inoeth
Magesty wrote:
Wed 14 Apr 2021 2:41 PM
Alasthor wrote:
Wed 14 Apr 2021 1:50 PM

This thread is about solo play. Determination is an 8v8/zerg RA.

On this server the question for a solo visible is as follows: Does this choice help me to not lose as quickly to assassins?

In the case of determination the answer is no. The only consistent matchup it would help a solo thane in is vs minstrels, whereas purge helps in every matchup they will encounter.

and not even there tbh ;D in solo scenarios every second counts so you will need purge 100%
Wed 5 May 2021 3:54 PM by whitewolf253
Purge 3 and ST1 are the first things you need, then IP3 wouldn't be a bad call. Those three used in a fight in combination with slam (42 shield) will make you one tough cookie. Beauty of that as a basis is that it's all useful in group fights and BG too. After that if you are solo passive damage bumps will help the most I'd say. If your opponent doesn't Purge you have them stunned for something like 24 seconds during the fight.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics