Auto hotkey paladin

Started 10 Jul 2019
by z4n4rkyHB
in Albion
Hi there.

anyone can help me for the script in Auto hotkey please ? I have try 3 google tuto but no one run for me i don't understand why :/

Anyone can do the scipt for me please ? or just say me what i want to write for run ?

much thanks all.
Wed 10 Jul 2019 3:06 PM by jelzinga_EU
z4n4rkyHB wrote:
Wed 10 Jul 2019 1:34 PM
Hi there.

anyone can help me for the script in Auto hotkey please ? I have try 3 google tuto but no one run for me i don't understand why :/

Anyone can do the scipt for me please ? or just say me what i want to write for run ?

much thanks all.

Simple example:

F12::
Send ^5
Send ^6
Send ^7
Send ^8
Send ^9
Send ^0
Return

Put this in notepad and save this as simple-twist.ahk . Then double-click on the simple-twist.ahk file to get it started.

In DAOC on your quickbar with Ctrl-modifier (the ^ symbol means Ctrl, so ^5 means Ctrl-5) you put your chants on the 5th, 6th... 0th slot. Everytime you press F12 it will execute the script, meaning sending Ctrl-5, Ctrl-6, Ctrl-7 etc to DAOC.

There are a lot of possibilities you can add, but remember AFAIK you're not allowed to use sleep/delay and loops - so be careful what you make
Wed 10 Jul 2019 3:23 PM by lurker
You can simplify that to...

Send ^5^6^7^8^9^0
Return

Keep in mind that for this to work reliably you probably need to use

<REMOVED>

At the top of your script (put on line 1 probably) as otherwise its not reliable as to which gets pressed first or how long its held down for (Ctrl, or the number) and you may experience weird behaviour. The only issue then is that whilst the script is running Ctrl is effectively held down for a period of time and can sometimes interfere with other key presses...

E.g. you press F12 to kick of the chant cycle, Ctrl is pressed and released a number of times for the next 200 milliseconds. If you try to press ‘4’ during this time its possible Ctrl will be held down at that time by AHK and you will end up pressing Ctrl+4 unintentionally.

Alternatively, and my preference, is that you could map those chants to keys that dont require a modifier (Ctrl, Alt, Etc) using /qbind and just go for something like:

Send ghjkl;
Return

Binding you chants to g, h, j, k, l and ;
Allowing you to skip the <REMOVED> directive but having to use lots of keys for binds.
Wed 10 Jul 2019 3:45 PM by Sepplord
lurker wrote:
Wed 10 Jul 2019 3:23 PM
The only issue then is [...]

Another huge issue with that is, that having delays in your script makes them a bannable offense that would get you a ban and deletion of all your characters...

soooo, go with the alternative
Wed 10 Jul 2019 4:00 PM by lurker
Pretty sure <REMOVED> is fine, mentioned it many times with no responses from the devs. Along with many other examples on the forums of achieving the same things in other scripting programs, again with no responses from the devs.

All it does it make the scripts work - in ways that the devs have stated ARE acceptable - otherwise they just wouldn’t work. (E.g. you can bind 2 weapon styles reliably to one key at all in AHK, or any other program, without using it).

I’m pretty sure what the devs don’t want you doing is...

Cast Spell 1.
Wait 500ms
Cast spell 2.

Ill see if they reply here, but if past precedence is anything to go by they wont.

Understandably i don't think they want to get into the realm of ‘this specific line of code is acceptable for this program’ and ‘this one isn’t for another program’ as its just PITA to police. Spirit of the rule, IMO is no automation - sleeps/delays that do that etc as example above.
Wed 10 Jul 2019 5:13 PM by Sepplord
yeah i agree with that spirit, just think when advising others it should be mentioned that it technically is against the rules and that they in theorie could be at risk

if in doubt, contact a GM on discord and let them approve your macro, imo

i just don't use AHK even if it would slightly improve my melee-style-chains
Wed 10 Jul 2019 5:47 PM by Sleepwell
The delay will get you in trouble. I wouldnt wait for them to reply here. If you decide to run a macro with a delay in it, i would suggest contacting a GM directly beforehand. They will more than likely direct you to links to 20 posts asking the same question with the same answer. Macro's with delays are bannable. Do they catch em all?, probably not. Do the ones who are caught come here whining when they get caught? Yes..... every... single.... time
Wed 10 Jul 2019 6:15 PM by Sleepwell
gotwqqd wrote:
Wed 10 Jul 2019 6:12 PM
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 10 Jul 2019 3:45 PM
lurker wrote:
Wed 10 Jul 2019 3:23 PM
The only issue then is [...]

Another huge issue with that is, that having delays in your script makes them a bannable offense that would get you a ban and deletion of all your characters...

soooo, go with the alternative

<REMOVED>

I assume when you say "pause", you mean a delay?

5. Hotkeys to auto queue attacks or spells, or any other action which we determine as an unfair advantage to your character.
(It is allowed to bind multiple actions to a key, however, delays, repeats, and conditions are strictly forbidden, as well as any other action that allows unattended game-play)
Wed 10 Jul 2019 6:25 PM by lurker
We have some pretty nice examples of what the rules mean here from ashok...

Ashok wrote:
Fri 12 Apr 2019 7:00 AM

I think you guys are getting a bit hung up on the word 'delay' being in the <REMOVED> directive. Which is more just a global setting within AHK that has to be used in games to ensure the ordering of sends is recognised.

E.g. ashoks first example is not possible to do reliably in AHK without using setkeydelay.

But do with it all as you see fit. I don't expect debs to reply here as really I don't think they want to set hard-fast examples but will look at activity in a case by case basis and try to judge is somebody is getting an unfair advantage beyond the basic mindset of 'you can only bind more than one action to a key with no loops/sleeps/ etc'

But yeah best of luck with whatever you choose.
Sat 13 Jul 2019 12:04 PM by woody
Ashok, could you clear this up?
Wed 4 Dec 2019 8:13 AM by Wolfir666
woody wrote:
Sat 13 Jul 2019 12:04 PM
Ashok, could you clear this up?

Yes yes now i am the necromancer waking up sleeping threads, i am sorry.....

but....

That here is one of the very first threads i did read when starting Phoenix, and i always was curious about the outcome of that question, as well, basically it says "delays" are bannable, and one even sees sometimes bans for people who use delays, and on the other hand there exist threads for paladin and minstrel on how to use scripts for making things easier, than doing it the hard way with just hitting several buttons one *after* another.

And since here never was a comment of the devs to clear that question up, i still see this as an open question towards them.
Wed 30 Sep 2020 7:01 PM by Atum
jelzinga_EU wrote:
Wed 10 Jul 2019 3:06 PM
z4n4rkyHB wrote:
Wed 10 Jul 2019 1:34 PM
Hi there.

much thanks all.

Simple example:

Send ^5
Send ^6
Send ^7
Send ^8
Send ^9
Send ^0
Return

Put this in notepad and save this as simple-twist.ahk . Then double-click on the simple-twist.ahk file to get it started.

In DAOC on your quickbar with Ctrl-modifier (the ^ symbol means Ctrl, so ^5 means Ctrl-5) you put your chants on the 5th, 6th... 0th slot. Everytime you press F12 it will execute the script, meaning sending Ctrl-5, Ctrl-6, Ctrl-7 etc to DAOC.

There are a lot of possibilities you can add, but remember AFAIK you're not allowed to use sleep/delay and loops - so be careful what you make

*bump*

hello,

I tried:
^::

Send F1
Send F2
Send F3
Send F4
Send F5
Send F6
Send F7
Send F8
Send F9
Send F10

Return

The ^ is left to "1". Then I q-binded F1-F10 with chants from pala. Not working for me properly- If I press ^ then my char is going into attack mode and/or qbars are switching from first one to other. I tried also with "R" for starting the skript, but same result.

2nd question- how do you use modifier like ctrl for hotkeys? Ive never used/needed it, but if I can bind for example ctrl1-10 on qbar2 slots 1-10, then it would be easier i guess.

thanks!
Wed 30 Sep 2020 10:14 PM by phelger
I use these, and haven't had any issues.
3 variations of chants, heat, cold, all.
1 for taunt so I override qbinds when playing my pallie.
This forces the qbar to my chants and then plays them ending with different resists depending on what I doing.

; Only allow macros to work in DAOC window
#IfWinActive, ahk_class DAoCMWC

;auras
F2::
send ^+1^6^2!2^4^3
return
F3::
send ^+1^1^2^3^4^5^6^7^8^9^0!2
return
F4::
send ^+1^6!2^2^4^1
return
F1::
send !1
return
Sun 4 Oct 2020 12:54 AM by Hodge
How do you do the example of the same key multiple function in AHK? Below is what the example from Ashok:

Allowed (hit same button multiple times to trigger different actions based on non-game data decision):
1st press: cast spell X + spell Y
2nd press: cast spell Z + spell X
3rd press: trigger "1st press actions again to start over"
Sun 4 Oct 2020 7:56 AM by Beckett
Altering the default delay settings in AHK is not allowed, and will end up with you getting a 14 day ban and deletion of all characters.

5. Macroing, Scripting and Unattended Gameplay / AFK Farming

It is allowed to bind multiple actions to a key, however, delays, repeats, and conditions are strictly forbidden.
Automated, unattended gameplay of any kind is forbidden.

1st offense: deletion of all characters and 14 days ban
2nd offense: permaban

Just because you cannot get a script to work under our rules is not justification for you to break those rules.
Thu 15 Oct 2020 6:29 PM by bluefalcon420
Why not just not allow any macros?

Game can be played fine with out them and you don't have to worry about it at all.

Nothing is cheesier than fighting someone who has their whole class macroed
Sun 22 Nov 2020 4:00 PM by nixxo87
bump, how can i do something like this legally here.
Mon 23 Nov 2020 9:29 AM by Centenario
I used to do it this way:
You have 10 bars to use.
I have each bar identical except for 2 buttons.
1 button for qbar switch
1 button for chant
Then with AHK you say that when you press a button (I use Q) it will press both the chant and the qbar switch.
So if i am on qbar one with the af chant.
When pressing Q I use af chant and switch to qbar 2.
then when pressing Q i use the dps chant and switch to qbar 3
then when pressing Q (3rd) i use the heal chant and switch back to Q bar 1 (AF)
In gameplay I just press Q around every 3 seconds without worrying about which chant is playing.

A simple AHK would be:

;MainTwisting
Q::
Send, 90
return

With 9 being chant and 0 being the qbarswitch

Now I have switched to something more simple:

1) Main Twisting (AF/DPS/Heal)
2) Resist Twisting (All resists in a row)

I use them on mousewheel, so mousewheel up is main twisting and mousewheel down is resist twisting.

The AHK script is:

;Main Twisting
WHEELUP::
Send, 890
Return

;Resist Twisting
WHEELDOWN::
Send, <!3<!4<!5<!6<!7<!8
Return

So you can just do 1 tick of mousewheel up and down for the whole thing, or choose main or resist with going only in 1 direction.
I am not very satisfied with it, cause in scenarios where you'd like a specific resist to be last (maybe heat) then you cannot choose.
I am thinking maybe the best would be to use Wheelup for the corporeal resists (mind/body/matter) and the Wheeldown for the elemental resists.
And use another button for the Main Twisting.
Or maybe combining the first macro with this one, and switching all the qbars to have 1 resist as last all the time.
So you create a fake macro called FIRE that you put on your bar to tell you on which bar you are currently.
Lets say you are going to midgard, and you know midgard generally (http://disorder.dk/daoc/spell-damage-types/) you'd want cold or energy to stay more so you can preselect which resist would be last by pressing Q until u land on the COLD bar and then just use mwheeldown.

Anyway its a work in progress I havent played paladin enough to know what is the best setup yet.
Mon 23 Nov 2020 10:21 AM by Cadebrennus
Centenario wrote:
Mon 23 Nov 2020 9:29 AM
I used to do it this way:
You have 10 bars to use.
I have each bar identical except for 2 buttons.
1 button for qbar switch
1 button for chant
Then with AHK you say that when you press a button (I use Q) it will press both the chant and the qbar switch.
So if i am on qbar one with the af chant.
When pressing Q I use af chant and switch to qbar 2.
then when pressing Q i use the dps chant and switch to qbar 3
then when pressing Q (3rd) i use the heal chant and switch back to Q bar 1 (AF)
In gameplay I just press Q around every 3 seconds without worrying about which chant is playing.

A simple AHK would be:

;MainTwisting
Q::
Send, 90
return

With 9 being chant and 0 being the qbarswitch

Now I have switched to something more simple:

1) Main Twisting (AF/DPS/Heal)
2) Resist Twisting (All resists in a row)

I use them on mousewheel, so mousewheel up is main twisting and mousewheel down is resist twisting.

The AHK script is:

;Main Twisting
WHEELUP::
Send, 890
Return

;Resist Twisting
WHEELDOWN::
Send, <!3<!4<!5<!6<!7<!8
Return

So you can just do 1 tick of mousewheel up and down for the whole thing, or choose main or resist with going only in 1 direction.
I am not very satisfied with it, cause in scenarios where you'd like a specific resist to be last (maybe heat) then you cannot choose.
I am thinking maybe the best would be to use Wheelup for the corporeal resists (mind/body/matter) and the Wheeldown for the elemental resists.
And use another button for the Main Twisting.
Or maybe combining the first macro with this one, and switching all the qbars to have 1 resist as last all the time.
So you create a fake macro called FIRE that you put on your bar to tell you on which bar you are currently.
Lets say you are going to midgard, and you know midgard generally (http://disorder.dk/daoc/spell-damage-types/) you'd want cold or energy to stay more so you can preselect which resist would be last by pressing Q until u land on the COLD bar and then just use mwheeldown.

Anyway its a work in progress I havent played paladin enough to know what is the best setup yet.

Excellent solution. I do the same for arrow swapping.
Mon 23 Nov 2020 11:24 PM by nixxo87
that seems like alot fo work. rip
Tue 24 Nov 2020 12:03 AM by Cadebrennus
nixxo87 wrote:
Mon 23 Nov 2020 11:24 PM
that seems like alot fo work. rip

The setup is a bit more work sure, (not much really) but the end result for his chants and my arrows really pays off for in-game simplicity. I did it so I could replicate the feel of cycling through weapons in an FPS game, but cycling through arrows.
Fri 2 Apr 2021 3:24 PM by Phyllo
Hey I'm pretty new to AHK and build my own Pala Chant macro it looks like this?

; Only allow macros to work in DAOC window
#IfWinActive, ahk_class DAoCMWC
SetKeyDelay, 0100

;auras
Send ^2
Send ^3
Send ^4
Send ^5
Send ^6
Send ^7
Send ^8
Send ^9
Send ^0
Return

PgDn::
Suspend toggle
return

is this Macro allowed or not?
Fri 2 Apr 2021 8:52 PM by Magesty
“It is allowed to bind multiple actions to a key, however, delays, repeats, and conditions are strictly forbidden.
Automated, unattended gameplay of any kind is forbidden. ”

You have a delay. That is not legal.

Deleted. Do not encourage people to cheat or break the rules. -Beckett
Thu 8 Apr 2021 8:42 AM by Beckett
Ceen wrote:
Thu 8 Apr 2021 8:37 AM
Deleted
Do not encourage people to cheat or find workarounds
Thu 8 Apr 2021 8:44 AM by Beckett
The use of SetKeyDelay to induce a delay is forbidden as per rule 5

It is allowed to bind multiple actions to a key, however, delays, repeats, and conditions are strictly forbidden.
Thu 8 Apr 2021 9:13 AM by Irkeno
;auras
Send {^2}{^3}{^4}{^5}{^6}{^7}{^8}{^9}{^0}
Return

Or if thats having issues sending right with the right one at the end, this might work instead. Honestly ive never tried either with quite so many buttons so i don't know, but should work.

F1 down::
Send {^2}{^3}{^4}{^5}{^6}{^7}{^8}{^9}
Return

F1 up::
Send {^0}
Return
Thu 8 Apr 2021 9:14 AM by Centenario
Beckett wrote:
Thu 8 Apr 2021 8:44 AM

So you do not differentiate delay for AI purpose than delay for mechanical issue?
I don't use setkeydelay with my paladin so when I put all my chants on one key I cannot cast them all, some don't launch. Sometimes my bars change too, its really annoying. The control or alt key modifiers dont register well.
If I would use a setkeydelay of 80ms then all these issues would be solved.
Thu 8 Apr 2021 9:19 AM by Beckett
From this very thread.
Beckett wrote:
Sun 4 Oct 2020 7:56 AM
Altering the default delay settings in AHK is not allowed, and will end up with you getting a 14 day ban and deletion of all characters.

5. Macroing, Scripting and Unattended Gameplay / AFK Farming

1st offense: deletion of all characters and 14 days ban
2nd offense: permaban

Just because you cannot get a script to work under our rules is not justification for you to break those rules.
Thu 8 Apr 2021 9:21 AM by Ceen
Centenario wrote:
Thu 8 Apr 2021 9:14 AM
Beckett wrote:

So you do not differentiate delay for AI purpose than delay for mechanical issue?
I don't use setkeydelay with my paladin so when I put all my chants on one key I cannot cast them all, some don't launch. Sometimes my bars change too, its really annoying. The control or alt key modifiers dont register well.

Probably due to shift + alt + 1234567890 combination daoc will think that you want to switch bars which is by default shift +1234567890 and daoc doesn't always register shift + alt so you end up only using shift + 123 instead of shift + alt + 123

I suggest not binding all auras possible but the once you need, and the once you desperately need bind them more often.
Endu - 10 keybinds
Resist - 5 keybinds
Healaura - 1 keybind
Thu 8 Apr 2021 8:49 PM by LastProvidence
So I have a macro function on my keyboard, and it looks like it includes timing of pressing. Is that considered against the rules, as it induces delay? Just want to make sure I'm not breaking the rules before I start programming my twists.
Thu 8 Apr 2021 10:56 PM by Irkeno
LastProvidence wrote:
Thu 8 Apr 2021 8:49 PM
So I have a macro function on my keyboard, and it looks like it includes timing of pressing. Is that considered against the rules, as it induces delay? Just want to make sure I'm not breaking the rules before I start programming my twists.

Youre right that would be against the rules.
Thu 8 Apr 2021 10:59 PM by Irkeno
Centenario wrote:
Thu 8 Apr 2021 9:14 AM
Beckett wrote:

Bind your chants to unused keys, im sure you dont use a lot of the keys on your keyboard during combat. especially the numpad or right hand side of your keyboard or F keys.

Unbind some unused keys if needed.

Avoid alt or ctrl modifiers and send them on a single line, as i showed above. Will work no issue and no delay
Fri 9 Apr 2021 2:09 PM by Komaf
To be fair, if this class wasn't so damned clunky, I mean twisting endo, AF, damage add, and healing? lol. Since forever folks have sought a way around this broken concept. Doesn't help Alb is the only of three realms without a set it and forget it endo buff - and yes, while the bard will often twist endo/mana +, it's mindlessly easier.

Folks should vote for a change, maybe? Seems Phoenix does believe in such things.
Fri 9 Apr 2021 2:15 PM by skipari
Komaf wrote:
Fri 9 Apr 2021 2:09 PM
To be fair, if this class wasn't so damned clunky, I mean twisting endo, AF, damage add, and healing? lol. Since forever folks have sought a way around this broken concept. Doesn't help Alb is the only of three realms without a set it and forget it endo buff - and yes, while the bard will often twist endo/mana +, it's mindlessly easier.

Folks should vote for a change, maybe? Seems Phoenix does believe in such things.

Well, i've news for you from june 2020. The endu chant runs extra together with any other chant and doesn't need twisting anymore.
Fri 9 Apr 2021 6:53 PM by gotwqqd
They should simply allow any twisting type characters that could create what is essentially permanence the ability to do so without ahk or another device
Fri 9 Apr 2021 8:32 PM by Magesty
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri 9 Apr 2021 6:53 PM
They should simply allow any twisting type characters that could create what is essentially permanence the ability to do so without ahk or another device

Combine resists (choose one spell effect/sound)
Combine damage, AF, endo (use sword graphic obviously)
leave heal on its own (generates aggro in PvE, needs to be controllable)

Alternatively

Combine resists, af, endo, damage
leave heal on its own

Assuming there aren't significant technical restrictions this seems like a much more reasonable approach than leaving in mechanics that are arduous and require AHK/macros. Remove the mechanics that are "necessary" to macro to play a class effectively and you can move macros to being against the rules like they should be.

Plus the constant spamming of sound effects and graphics is extremely annoying.
Sat 10 Apr 2021 7:59 PM by Artamentous
Not being able to use a script to consistently twist a Paladin is ableist af IMO.. It precludes people from playing it that may have physical limitations to playing it properly. It’s not even a mechanical skill that can give players an edge like in FPS and MOBA games. It’s just a pointless repetitive mess.

I started using a script for paladin by the time i hit 45 if it gets me banned whatever. I haven’t added a delay into it, so of course it screws up sometimes, but my fingers are thankful. This was never an issue for me 20 years ago, but as I get older I definitely notice stuff like this. I’m not getting an RSI because I want to play a class that is fun and has high utility in pve groups.
Sat 10 Apr 2021 10:22 PM by daytonchambers
Artamentous wrote:
Sat 10 Apr 2021 7:59 PM
Not being able to use a script to consistently twist a Paladin is ableist af IMO.. It precludes people from playing it that may have physical limitations to playing it properly. It’s not even a mechanical skill that can give players an edge like in FPS and MOBA games. It’s just a pointless repetitive mess.

I started using a script for paladin by the time i hit 45 if it gets me banned whatever. I haven’t added a delay into it, so of course it screws up sometimes, but my fingers are thankful. This was never an issue for me 20 years ago, but as I get older I definitely notice stuff like this. I’m not getting an RSI because I want to play a class that is fun and has high utility in pve groups.

So now... asking people not to cheat via script is "ableist". GTFO with that social justice word-salad.

If your hands cant twist, then play a GD class that doesn't require twisting.
Sun 11 Apr 2021 8:19 AM by Artamentous
daytonchambers wrote:
Sat 10 Apr 2021 10:22 PM
So now... asking people not to cheat via script is "ableist". GTFO with that social justice word-salad.

If your hands cant twist, then play a GD class that doesn't require twisting.

Abelism is not word salad, and it's only your privilege and ignorance that makes you think that you jackass.
Sun 11 Apr 2021 3:55 PM by Magesty
What you said about ableism isn’t word salad. It is, however, yet another example of the scope creep of the critical perspective. Just because you can apply the critical lens to a given situation doesn’t mean it is called for or relevant. It is but one important tool of several in the modern thinker’s toolkit. This is a problem I’m seeing more and more often as nuanced concepts originating from some of the great post modern philosophers have been twisted by polarized academics over the past several decades and made to fit into a neat package to be redistributed in the form of social activism to the great unwashed.

The critical method is a useful thing, but it is not the proper hammer to strike all nails. Is it ironic when something originally used to challenge meta narratives itself becomes a meta narrative?

It’s a simple matter to dismiss ableism as a claim when it comes to DAoC mechanics.

1) Does there exist someone less able who can’t do some of the things you can in the game? Yes. Should the game be catered to them?

2) Is there a class you as a “less able” person could play instead and succeed at? Yes, almost anyone can play a Bonedancer.

3) is playing DAoC, or more specifically a Paladin, required for you as a “less able” person to fulfill your basic needs? No, it is optional, and it sounds like you’ll have similar issues in many competitive games. Should those be changed as well?

4) Is Phoenix a public service provided by an impartial governing entity or something that you or your fellow citizens contribute to via taxes? No.

Claiming something is ableist is fairly serious in certain circles, and I would suggest that you not do so lightly.

But in reality the whole argument is pointless as you can just continue running the freaking macro like you have been.

If there is an interesting conversation to be had here it is about removing the few mechanics where a macro truly is needed. Thus eliminating the need for macros entirely so people have to actually play the game again.
Sun 11 Apr 2021 6:00 PM by gotwqqd
Oh boy.....
Tue 13 Apr 2021 2:39 PM by Phyllo
what have I done,
I revived a theme and now it's a monster
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics