2021-03-31 Wednesday

Started 31 Mar 2021
by gruenesschaf
in News
- door repair message now contains your current and needed wood amount
- rogs are now personal loot when not in a battle group (see first reply to this news post for details)
- the new pve instance is now open and accessible via the instance teleporter, same quest requirements as ds / hoh
Wed 31 Mar 2021 12:37 PM by gruenesschaf
Personal Loot:

When not in a battlegroup, rogs are now personal loot. That means when you have been designated as the receiver of a rog type (armor, weapon, accessory) it will be for your class and go directly into your inventory (or drop on the ground with only you being able to pick it up in case your inventory is full).
The loot receiver designation mentioned above follows the current round robin group distribution logic based on loot type (separate round robin counter for armor, weapon, accessories).
This change doesn't apply while in a battlegroup, there the rog class is still split 50/50 between "any class that was involved in the kill" and "any class of your realm".
Wed 31 Mar 2021 1:55 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Just seeking clarification: The loot is personalized to you, but not bound WoW style, correct? It can still be traded?
Wed 31 Mar 2021 2:13 PM by Uthred
Yes, it still can be traded.
Wed 31 Mar 2021 4:23 PM by johnson384
Sooooo.....goodbye to solo farming basically?
Wed 31 Mar 2021 4:40 PM by Urzawolf
Is there any way to implement a command to turn off this loot specific to your class or limit this to levels 1-49?
Wed 31 Mar 2021 5:53 PM by Bry
Can the personal loot command be disabled by choice? There are a lot of people that farm on characters that they don't want loot for...like in DS and HOH. People play classes for the group because they are needed for the group. This inhibits the ability to get rogs for the other classes a person wants to template for.

This is fine for levels 1-49, but aweful for 50.

It would be nice to have this personal loot idea be a thing for solo farming BY CHOICE, but not in a group setting.
Wed 31 Mar 2021 7:02 PM by Pingyongyang
What is the reasoning for personal loot? I feel like 90%+ of L50s would be against it. Only maybe a casual small few that just farm DF to get their single char temped would want it.
Wed 31 Mar 2021 8:10 PM by Olk
Bry wrote:
Wed 31 Mar 2021 5:53 PM
Can the personal loot command be disabled by choice? There are a lot of people that farm on characters that they don't want loot for...like in DS and HOH. People play classes for the group because they are needed for the group. This inhibits the ability to get rogs for the other classes a person wants to template for.

This is fine for levels 1-49, but aweful for 50.

It would be nice to have this personal loot idea be a thing for solo farming BY CHOICE, but not in a group setting.

Wouldn't it be the same if you just create an 8-men BG? Since BGs disable the command
Wed 31 Mar 2021 9:14 PM by ceat
Please allow us to disable this feature.
Wed 31 Mar 2021 9:26 PM by Snofru
i only know people who have a farm character for all other characters!
also how should i now farm arkanite for the armorcrafter with the necromant? any ideas?

suggestion #1: allow to have a battlegroup alone?!
suggestion #2: roll back this patch and make it switchable in battlegroup or...
suggestion #3: make it switchable global?!
Wed 31 Mar 2021 9:30 PM by DJ2000
As of now -> create BG (with treasurer)
Wed 31 Mar 2021 11:05 PM by ExcretusMaximus
DJ2000 wrote:
Wed 31 Mar 2021 9:30 PM

And get banned; they've made it quite clear in the past that using the treasurer system for anything but epic raids will get you banned.
Wed 31 Mar 2021 11:27 PM by Irkeno
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Wed 31 Mar 2021 11:05 PM
DJ2000 wrote:
Wed 31 Mar 2021 9:30 PM

And get banned; they've made it quite clear in the past that using the treasurer system for anything but epic raids will get you banned.

Loot chest and treasurer are two different things.

One spawns a djinn who carries loot.
One goes to inventory.

“ The battlegroup loot chest mode is only allowed for Non-Instanced endgame pve activities.”

1. Levelling up became more straightfoward.
2. Farming on your toon for loot for that toon became more straightforward
3. Using a farming toon now needs a small adjustment to make absolutely no difference overall.
4. It probably helps the pvp event loot too...dunno im just putting bullet points up now.

This change is fine, if u really wanna solo farm it is still absolutely doable.

Ds/hoh can do battlegroups with no treasurer and be the same too
Wed 31 Mar 2021 11:47 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Irkeno wrote:
Wed 31 Mar 2021 11:27 PM
Loot chest and treasurer are two different things.

My mistake.
Thu 1 Apr 2021 2:48 AM by Lawdawg
As i guessed when this was first mentioned, if people can't farm rogs for their other characters, the end is near. This change makes no sense at all, unless i missed the justification for the loot change. Is there a reason that isnt specifically targeted at keeping people from farming loot for their other toons?
Thu 1 Apr 2021 3:57 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Lawdawg wrote:
Thu 1 Apr 2021 2:48 AM
This change makes no sense at all, unless i missed the justification for the loot change. Is there a reason that isnt specifically targeted at keeping people from farming loot for their other toons?

Like nearly all of their decisions, they refuse to give their reasoning, ignoring requests for explanations.
Thu 1 Apr 2021 6:15 AM by Lawdawg
Lawdawg wrote:
As i guessed when this was first mentioned, if people can't farm rogs for their other characters, the end is near. This change makes no sense at all, unless i missed the justification for the loot change. Is there a reason that isnt specifically targeted at keeping people from farming loot for their other toons?

After testing solo farming on a necro vs a shaman, all of the necro drops are wood, cloth, etc, per the change notes, necro specific. All the shaman drops are chain, shields, metal salvage weapons, shaman specific, per the change notes. I think this change is going to be a major disruption to the economy of the realms. The farmers on alb (cabby, necro), and the farmers on hib (animist, menty) are at a significant disadvantage, due to not being able to farm top tier salvage loot (metal). Now, that's all the shaman gets. The Midgard economy gets a boost, and hib and alb get reduced salvage rate.
Thu 1 Apr 2021 6:25 AM by Sepplord
when i read through the comments my thought mainly was "what if your complaints ARE the reason or the change"...
Why should one caster per realm be the end all be all for farming and how can you balance that?

Shaman might be an outlier, but midgard economy has historically always been lower than both hib and alb by far. So it doesn't seem too outlandish that they are in comparison boosted by the change
Thu 1 Apr 2021 8:33 AM by DJ2000
If you are a type of player that was used (1y+) to solo farm his stuff, then you might feel a setback (depending on your class).

But this does open up the fact that now every player can get stuff for his desired toon without a "need" for the roundabout way to Lvl a Farm toon first.
You need something for your Hybrid/Tank/Archer ? You join a Grp with that specific class. (examples: LB/CF/Rauma) -> Good for high price classes like Thane and Champion for example.

The downside to that would be the fact, that unwanted Classes (Assassins for example) will now have an even harder time, as appropriate high Util Gear will not drop unless they or someone else specifically gets a spot as that class (mostly social spot).
This means overall less appropriate RoG Items available, that leads to higher prices.

Why would you want to be the Animist/Necromancer/Cabalist/Bombs/etc. in that farm grp, if "farming" is your goal? Unless it is a Hulk grp, you rather want to have access to class-specific drops or metal drops in general.

My guess is that the economy will take a hit, as Midgards Shaman is now the prime "solo" farming class, thus maybe even leading to swing in tradeorder rates.
Thu 1 Apr 2021 9:02 AM by Ceen
Why do people farm that much in the first place.
It's absolutely unnecessary and I don't care if they feel hit by this "nerf".
Thu 1 Apr 2021 9:21 AM by Uthred
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Thu 1 Apr 2021 3:57 AM
Lawdawg wrote:
This change makes no sense at all, unless i missed the justification for the loot change. Is there a reason that isnt specifically targeted at keeping people from farming loot for their other toons?

Like nearly all of their decisions, they refuse to give their reasoning, ignoring requests for explanations.

My advice: check the forum and think about your interesting statement again.

Lawdawg wrote:
Thu 1 Apr 2021 6:15 AM
Lawdawg wrote:

After testing solo farming on a necro vs a shaman, all of the necro drops are wood, cloth, etc, per the change notes, necro specific. All the shaman drops are chain, shields, metal salvage weapons, shaman specific, per the change notes. I think this change is going to be a major disruption to the economy of the realms. The farmers on alb (cabby, necro), and the farmers on hib (animist, menty) are at a significant disadvantage, due to not being able to farm top tier salvage loot (metal). Now, that's all the shaman gets. The Midgard economy gets a boost, and hib and alb get reduced salvage rate.

Sorry, but you are totally wrong. Since we put in the ROGs in early Alpha, the amount (moneywise) you will get from salvaging a ROG is nearly the same. No matter if it is a metal ROG or a cloth ROG. For example: you will get 3 metal bars from a metal ROG (Shaman) while salvaging a wood ROG (Necro) will get you 9 wooden bars. Smart, isnt it?

The change is good for everyone. Melee ROGs will become cheaper as the droprate is now way higher than before the change. Hulks, DS, Rauma, LB, CF, even the new instance Celestius is in need of at least 2 melees per run. And if you still think we are bad people and that we only wanted to destroy your beloved solo farming on a caster, open a BG and have the same, worse droprate as before the patch.

So calm down everyone, enjoy the beautiful weather outside and focus on the more important things in life than complaining on a change that actually made farming easier for everyone.
Thu 1 Apr 2021 10:05 AM by easytoremember
Uthred wrote:
Thu 1 Apr 2021 9:21 AM
Sorry, but you are totally wrong. Since we put in the ROGs in early Alpha, the amount (moneywise) you will get from salvaging a ROG is nearly the same. No matter if it is a metal ROG or a cloth ROG. For example: you will get 3 metal bars from a metal ROG (Shaman) while salvaging a wood ROG (Necro) will get you 9 wooden bars. Smart, isnt it?
well done
Thu 1 Apr 2021 5:24 PM by Astaa
I like the change.
Thu 1 Apr 2021 6:23 PM by Artamentous
As someone who just started playing again, and who is farming with PW necro, I don’t mind this change really. I always let people leech off me for free and I get their loot via bg treasurer. I don’t notice any change from before. For leveling this change is great, I hated leveling up and getting caster drops on a tank, etc.

The only thing I hate is cloth trinketing. It seems to be the only one that doesn’t have a 20 cloth recipe, is that correct? Why? It’s annoying to have to craft a bunch(100s) of dolls, or puppets, itd be a big QOL improvement if a giant doll or something existed that took 20 cloth. If being able to do it in the field is an issue then make it require a forge or something. Though wood has 20 board recipe that can be done in the field. Cloth also requires thread which takes up inventory space in either vault, or on person.
Thu 1 Apr 2021 11:33 PM by Lawdawg

The change is good for everyone. Melee ROGs will become cheaper as the droprate is now way higher than before the change. Hulks, DS, Rauma, LB, CF, even the new instance Celestius is in need of at least 2 melees per run. And if you still think we are bad people and that we only wanted to destroy your beloved solo farming on a caster, open a BG and have the same, worse droprate as before the patch.

So calm down everyone, enjoy the beautiful weather outside and focus on the more important things in life than complaining on a change that actually made farming easier for everyone.
[/quote]

I'm totally not totally wrong. You'd be surprised at the spread sheets being used to maximize plat, by the player base. We know exactly what pays the best...I don't think I said that anyone was "bad people". This is a video game....Solo farming is a huge part of this game, as many people, like myself, enjoy the aspect of randomly solo farming and passing the time, whether its for making plat or gearing up friends or new toons. That, in some aspect, is now no longer a part of Phoenix. It appears the intension was to remove the solo farmer, which removed a huge part of the game for many players. I see this as being the equivalent of removing archers, or removing mez, which some people would absolutely love. It's definitely a major deal, whether its considered good, bad, or ugly.

Btw, Sheeroe isn't camped by animist because they are farming 3 bars per metal ROG. Well, it wasn't. Obviously, some say they like the change, I personally think it was the wrong thing to do. Time and population will tell.
Thu 1 Apr 2021 11:37 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Lawdawg wrote:
Thu 1 Apr 2021 11:33 PM
I'm totally not totally wrong. You'd be surprised at the spread sheets being used to maximize plat, by the player base.

After accounting for thread, the difference between a Silksteel ROG and an Arcanite ROG is something close to 72 silver. The primary difference is you literally spend six times the amount of time to trinket cloth as you do metal, because you get so much more of it and there is no large item trinketing option.
Fri 2 Apr 2021 6:40 AM by Centenario
Dont even bother trinketing cloth and leather, I just sell directly at merchant, or try to craft some 100q items.
Fri 2 Apr 2021 8:43 AM by Uthred
Lawdawg wrote:
Thu 1 Apr 2021 11:33 PM
I'm totally not totally wrong. You'd be surprised at the spread sheets being used to maximize plat, by the player base. We know exactly what pays the best...I don't think I said that anyone was "bad people". This is a video game....Solo farming is a huge part of this game, as many people, like myself, enjoy the aspect of randomly solo farming and passing the time, whether its for making plat or gearing up friends or new toons. That, in some aspect, is now no longer a part of Phoenix. It appears the intension was to remove the solo farmer, which removed a huge part of the game for many players. I see this as being the equivalent of removing archers, or removing mez, which some people would absolutely love. It's definitely a major deal, whether its considered good, bad, or ugly.

Btw, Sheeroe isn't camped by animist because they are farming 3 bars per metal ROG. Well, it wasn't. Obviously, some say they like the change, I personally think it was the wrong thing to do. Time and population will tell.
And again you are wrong. Sorry.

Just open a bg and you have the exact same drop chance as before the patch. So no, we didnt kill solo farming at all. Even if you want to play an MMO solo, you should at least be able to ask some random guy or even a friend to join your bg to have the same drop behaviour like before the patch.

Hmmm, I couldnt resist but had to check and my spider senses didnt trick me. You were last logged in to Phoenix 6 month ago. That doesnt make your arguments in any kind more viable.

Anyways. As said twice before. If anyone thinks the new drop distribution is bad for him, feel free to open a bg and you will have the same as before. So no need for an end-of-the-world-scenario.
Fri 2 Apr 2021 3:42 PM by DegoLocc
EDIT: Seen that I can be in a BG while in a group with no one else from BG and still get old loot, cool.
Fri 2 Apr 2021 4:10 PM by ExcretusMaximus
DegoLocc wrote:
Fri 2 Apr 2021 3:42 PM
And from were I am sitting, fact is that this change to loot drops is an unfortunate and costly one for those of us who salvage and don't wear armor

It's an approximate 72 silver difference, quit acting like it's the end of the world, Chicken Little.
Fri 2 Apr 2021 4:15 PM by DegoLocc
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Fri 2 Apr 2021 4:10 PM
DegoLocc wrote:
Fri 2 Apr 2021 3:42 PM
And from were I am sitting, fact is that this change to loot drops is an unfortunate and costly one for those of us who salvage and don't wear armor

It's an approximate 72 silver difference, quit acting like it's the end of the world, Chicken Little.
I mean, you can make a point without name calling....

I will test that out tonight, but it sure seemed like a lot less of a profit from silk than the arcanite metal bars into gem boxes, vs buying the thread and making the silk into scarfs or pillows..

Also almost one gold per piece does add up. Thats almost 1 plat per 1000 things I tinker. And it takes longer to buy extra materials and it also takes longer to craft cloth things vs. the gem boxes from the metal... So yeah, regardless, its more costly, no matter the severity, costs more money and time to deal with cloth then metal.

And I just don't see the need or reason for the change... I'm sure its something over my head of course.

EDIT: Seen that I can be in a BG while in a group with no one else from BG and still get old loot, cool.
Mon 5 Apr 2021 9:48 AM by kunheita
I m begging too to being able to personal disable this.

You argue all day with ppl that thing a bg steals them items, i dont want this really. But i also dont wanna get loot on a toon i already templated, cause i m farming for other toons. Its making ppl leaving groups and argueing, cause some want the bg, some dont understand what the bg does and its horrible atm to try to farm something...

Please make it possible that one person can disable it just itself, so you dont need to have this trouble and you just can play, thank you.
Thu 22 Apr 2021 10:04 AM by Skegg
I feel like reacting to this change after just returning to Phoenix.
I think you should reconsider this change for the following reasons :

- it takes away friendly trade between players and social interaction (I like finding an item that would be perfect for a friend and then give/trade it)
- maybe we don't want our characters to be equipped as you think they should be (my dagger hunter can only loot great swords now... same with my shaman with a staff)
- it makes no sense in terms of immersion... (and if you think this is roleplaying nonsense, trust me lots of people are here just because they love the world of DAoC)

What I would suggest is to just reduce the occurence of loot that isn't for the character's class. That way you kill excessive farming by making it not profitable and preserve social interaction, which I hope you realise is vital to the server!
OR : why not make it impossible for a character to salvage what it couldn't use. Just to make excessive farming more impractical.

To me on Phoenix the "arcady" stuff was just the right amount to have a decent sized community and enjoy the game with limited time while not being too dumbed down.
But that is pushing it a bit too far. So please consider removing the change or amending it. And let some people farm if they want to, most of us don't and think it's a waste of time and fun.
Thu 22 Apr 2021 2:52 PM by Sepplord
doesn't the inability to collect (to stick with your example) daggers on your hunters INCREASE the social aspect, as you will now have to interact with someone else to get that item...

And as many have posted, just go into a BG and get the old lootsystem if it bothers you that much
Thu 22 Apr 2021 6:22 PM by Skegg
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 22 Apr 2021 2:52 PM
doesn't the inability to collect (to stick with your example) daggers on your hunters INCREASE the social aspect, as you will now have to interact with someone else to get that item...
Sure I can give you that... now compare it to everyone finding only objects that suit their own class in terms of having to trade loots.
It's about being in an open world as opposed to a world where you feel things are artificial and revolving around you.
I mean the whole point of loot in games is that it's exciting because you feel you might find a treasure at any moment... but you have no idea what it might be.
Loot is boring right now ; like finding a treasure chest buried in your garden, and inside it... another shovel.
Fri 23 Apr 2021 6:23 AM by Sepplord
yeah but...i feel like you are again arguing against your own point there, unintentionally

Yeah, the "another shovel" wouldn't be exciting since you already have one and another is mostly useless...
That's exactly parallel to a caster finding 2h-swords, or a warrior finding staves isn't it?

And since it is optional...what is your issue?
It makes perfectly sense to have the system where everyone gets loot that they can use on their char, is the baseline standard.
If you are upset and want to get tons of stuff for other classes, that option is there too. You have to know about it, yes....but that leads back to the sentence before: It makes more sense to have personal loot as baseline and the option to expand it onto the whole loottable as "option", than having it the other way around
Fri 23 Apr 2021 9:06 AM by borodino1812
I soloed a Merc and a Zerker to 50 since this system came in. For solo leveling it is rather nice, you are basically always well equipped. I can see why farmers might find it inconvenient. It can be fixed with joining a BG, but that is somewhat clunky.

The best would perhaps be a toggle command, if that is feasible.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to News or the latest topics