Decimation Trap hitting people in other brackets in event.

Started 22 Mar 2021
by Kyser
in Resolved Issues
When I cast the trap it can hit anyone in any bracket not just the 50 bracket. I suspected it, but it was verified when a level 9 whispered me and asked how I was doing it. That is when I realized the bug completely.

Issue Timeline

22 Mar 2021 Kyser created this issue
25 Mar 2021 gruenesschaf assigned this issue from Nobody to gruenesschaf
28 Mar 2021 gruenesschaf changed the status of this issue from in_progress to resolved
Tue 23 Mar 2021 4:45 PM by Nightmarex
Can confirm, I was the level 9 that got obliterated..
Tue 23 Mar 2021 7:13 PM by gotwqqd
So the game had layers?
And the players just were filtered out?
Tue 23 Mar 2021 8:19 PM by ExcretusMaximus
gotwqqd wrote:
Tue 23 Mar 2021 7:13 PM
So the game had layers?

Yeah, just like in the Demon's Breech event; if you watch high-traffic areas closely you can see loot bags appear randomly as people drop items or kill others with a full inventory, especially in the low level brackets where the loot comes fast.
Tue 23 Mar 2021 8:21 PM by thirian24
gotwqqd wrote:
Tue 23 Mar 2021 7:13 PM
So the game had layers?

It’s an instance, just like DS or HoH. Just like there are multiple groups from each realm running DS at the same time. The PVP event is the same thing. Except the code for RvR is implemented there. So if some part of the code is messed up, then you’ll get what is being seen here.

If you could see from the GM perspective, you would see everybody playing in the event, without the separation of the level tiers.
Wed 24 Mar 2021 3:14 PM by gruenesschaf
We have phasing / instancing and use it for certain features like instancing in DS / HoH, instancing for individual arena fights or in this case the level playing field event per level range instance.

Basically everyone is in the same zone but if you are in a specific phase you only see and can only interact with things in your phase or "phase 0", the latter is for example where all the normal merchants / teleporter / other friendly npcs are, that's something you can see quite easily in the recent event via the hastener which will animate when anyone of any phase uses them.

The issue here was that decimation trap placed the trap in phase 0 and not the phase of the player thereby allowing it to be triggered by everyone.

Return to Resolved Issues or the latest topics