Arena open 1 day every week

Started 3 Mar 2021
by msitruk
in Suggestions
Thx in advance
Wed 3 Mar 2021 7:02 PM by Nephamael
up!

Which day? And could we make it without a downtime between EU and NA to get some trans-Atlantic gvg together?

Not everyone can play on the weekend not everyone during the week - so maybe rotate it forward 1 day per week? Or every Saturday like the old SC2 tournaments?
Wed 3 Mar 2021 7:05 PM by Nephamael
It could have a leaderboard next to the arena teleporter too
Wed 3 Mar 2021 7:11 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Counter Proposal: Shut it down completely, DAoC is not an Arena game.
Wed 3 Mar 2021 9:12 PM by Kurbsen
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Wed 3 Mar 2021 7:11 PM
Counter Proposal: Shut it down completely, DAoC is not an Arena game.

why cant it be? It has so much potential for the arena gameplay. Hell.. it would be even cooler if they had 4v4v4 arenas of each realm.. like how ESO has their bgs..

Make arena be on either tuesdays or thursdays weekly please <3
Wed 3 Mar 2021 10:38 PM by borodino1812
Not sure how you could argue with the Arena open 1 day every week, then banish leveling playing field event to once every 6 weeks....
Thu 4 Mar 2021 1:38 AM by msitruk
I argue these 2 event have nothing related.

Playing field event is for everybody and more casual people ... so yes lot of people = big impact on FZ.
Arena is for teams and hardcore player and will have less impact.
Thu 4 Mar 2021 6:06 AM by crepuscular
Unpopular opinion: If people have to contribute materials to make a 3 day PvP event. There should be a requirement to contribute of (materials?) to open an 8man/smallman Arena regardless of its duration just to make it fair. And the amount of RPs they get after every fight regardless is A LOT. Please consider this if theres a demand for arenas.

Offtopic: Are the player council ppl only do gvg/8v8s? If so, can we get more variety that have ppl consistently solo/small/zerg?
Thu 4 Mar 2021 10:08 AM by msitruk
crepuscular wrote:
Thu 4 Mar 2021 6:06 AM
Unpopular opinion: If people have to contribute materials to make a 3 day PvP event. There should be a requirement to contribute of (materials?) to open an 8man/smallman Arena regardless of its duration just to make it fair. And the amount of RPs they get after every fight regardless is A LOT. Please consider this if theres a demand for arenas.

Offtopic: Are the player council ppl only do gvg/8v8s? If so, can we get more variety that have ppl consistently solo/small/zerg?

Agree 1000 rps each round is too much 500 would be enough.
Disagree make people farm for fun for both event.
Arena could have 2 formats 8v8 and 4V4 on 2 different day of week.
Thu 4 Mar 2021 3:37 PM by joshisanonymous
If it might pull anyone who's not in the 8v8 /cleanfight nonsense out of RvR, then I'm thoroughly opposed to this idea. And as much as I don't understand why people want to sterilize the unpredictability of DAoC so much, if it's only those /cleanfight people, then I don't really care how much this happens. They don't contribute to RvR anyway and contribute to bad feelings when they pull off and let "realmmates" die.

I imagine the devs want these people to stick around because they'll also potentially partake in PvE and the economy, but in all seriousness, why not just play Alteri? And if that's not what you want, then why repeatedly try to add Alteri-like gameplay to this server?
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics