The Web App Suggestions Thread

Started 2 Aug 2020
by Uthred
in Suggestions
Since we have put in the web app, the staff is getting a lot of suggestions how to improve it. Most of these are made on discord where any suggestion is getting lost in the spam easily. Thats why I started this thread. If you have any suggestion for the web app which might improve it, feel free to let us know.

Before posting here, please note the following: The web app will stay and we will not go back to the "old" ingame title management. Any complaints, negativity or whatever offtopic will be deleted. This thread is only to help us find out which additional features for the titles/stats, the market search or the general usage of the web app you would like to see.
Sun 2 Aug 2020 6:06 PM by gotwqqd
Merchant item searches

A sort function that includes utility

Healthy amount of tags for search

AND NAND NOR etc
Sun 2 Aug 2020 6:39 PM by Prometheus
Market Explorer App

Filter:
-Exclude Stat/Skill
-Sort by Utility
Sun 2 Aug 2020 7:31 PM by Solong
not bound on hz for using the market search - would like to use it whereever i am in the moment
Sun 2 Aug 2020 8:43 PM by Jafeeio
Not sure how far you want to take this app, but here are a few things that I'd enjoy:

- being able to sell packages like full SC sets. This would create a nice little market and drastically reduce the time it takes to buy or sell a SC.

- opting in to having your forum name / ingame name / Discord name next to the house number if you're open for negotiation (might even add a direct link to DM someone)

- price graph / sale history for commodities like crafted armor

- adding the ingame icon for the items to the search for some better visuals
Mon 3 Aug 2020 1:51 AM by Delegator
Web App in General: use cookies to remember when somebody has logged in once. Having to get a PIN every time is kinda <negative sentiment self-edited>

Market explorer: I don't understand why I have to be in the housing zone to use the web app. What is the point of this restriction?

Market explorer: add ability to search for procs/charges. The former is on the housing vendor but not the web app. The latter was never on the housing vendor but would be awfully swell.

Market explorer: add a realm filter for XP items so that you don't have too scroll down to the realm you want if it ain't Alb.
Mon 3 Aug 2020 12:09 PM by gruenesschaf
Next update will allow the market explorer to be used from anywhere (only buying once added will require being in the housing zone) and filter with at most 0 (or exactly 0) will act as exclusion filters and also add some category tabs for the potions / collection task searches.
Mon 3 Aug 2020 2:49 PM by Sixin2082
I would like to see /rearrange move over to it. If you are a massive altaholic like me it gets obnoxious after the first page for each realm. something that lets you sort by slot and displays it cleanly would be nice.
Tue 4 Aug 2020 3:32 AM by Prometheus
I just noticed that a filter for "ALL dual wielding skills" seems to be missing, would be nice if that were added.
Tue 4 Aug 2020 1:48 PM by CowwoC
Make it possible to change the titles and see their stats with one log in, not just one toon at a time.
Thu 6 Aug 2020 2:13 PM by Delegator
More suggestions:

Add ALL the specific skills available. I was searching for instruments, but I can't look for +Instrumnets skill, only +ALl Magic Skills, and many Minstrel items are specifically +Instruments. The in-game market explorer assumes that if I say +Instruments then +All Magic Skills should be included as well. That would be smart to replicate.

Add realm exclusion for the general item search. It seems like the results are filtered right now based on the realm into which I am logged. So, why should the pulldown menu for Alb include Celtic Spear(Hib) / Spear (Mid)?
Fri 7 Aug 2020 12:08 PM by Centenario
I would like to be able to save my searches, so that i can daily search the things I am looking for, quickly.
I think the app is missing proc type.
The app is also missing swing speed for weapons.

I would like to be able to see all my characters on all my accounts (0,1,2,3,4,5,etc..) and each realm, sometimes I forget where is which character and I have to log in and out and in multiple times.
If we could also rearrange where each char is located, so if we no longer play a character but its on the default (0) account, then we could move it to another character page.
Sat 8 Aug 2020 3:11 AM by dbeattie71
Searching housing now is awesome! So easy to weed out the 38 util trash for 2P.

Edit:
Add dual wield skill. Maybe it’s there and I didn’t see it. I was trying to exclude anything with DW and couldn’t find it.
Sat 8 Aug 2020 3:13 AM by dbeattie71
Is it ok to code against the API.
Sat 8 Aug 2020 11:41 PM by Pixsii
Faction if possible

edit: and rearrange
Thu 13 Aug 2020 3:14 AM by Delegator
Please add the ability to search for Focus on staves.
Mon 17 Aug 2020 8:37 AM by keen
dbeattie71 wrote:
Sat 8 Aug 2020 3:13 AM
Is it ok to code against the API.
That's one of the purposes of the app as far as I understood it, to easy up market search.
Mon 17 Aug 2020 1:36 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Can we get a proc search added, please?
Mon 17 Aug 2020 5:18 PM by Strikejk
Show characters current reputation to all mob factions. (Hostile/Neutral/Friendly)

Maybe also include which mob raises/lowers the reputation to other factions by killing them.
Tue 18 Aug 2020 9:34 PM by Zerker
A 24h resetting /stats view, so that you can the the values even when you need to restart the game.
Thu 20 Aug 2020 11:27 AM by keen
Is it possible to program an export function to export the item list from the web app. I would like to import this list into my SC program. Would be perfect to have options for all relevant SC calculators (eg Moras, Kort, Loki etc.)
Sat 22 Aug 2020 12:54 AM by gruenesschaf
keen wrote: Is it possible to program an export function to export the item list from the web app. I would like to import this list into my SC program. Would be perfect to have options for all relevant SC calculators (eg Moras, Kort, Loki etc.)

Eventually it'll go a couple steps further and include an sc calculator that can read your inventory / house vault / market explorer and sc the armor pieces in your inventory without having to craft the individual gems. Basically the end goal here would be that you have the mats for the gems in your inventory as well as the armor pieces and then just "craft" once per armor piece which would then start the craft timer ingame taking as much time as those 4 gems would take (and their materials) and at the end of the craft operation that armor piece you had in your inventory is now spell crafted.
Sun 23 Aug 2020 11:24 PM by keen
gruenesschaf wrote:
Sat 22 Aug 2020 12:54 AM
keen wrote: Is it possible to program an export function to export the item list from the web app. I would like to import this list into my SC program. Would be perfect to have options for all relevant SC calculators (eg Moras, Kort, Loki etc.)

Eventually it'll go a couple steps further and include an sc calculator that can read your inventory / house vault / market explorer and sc the armor pieces in your inventory without having to craft the individual gems. Basically the end goal here would be that you have the mats for the gems in your inventory as well as the armor pieces and then just "craft" once per armor piece which would then start the craft timer ingame taking as much time as those 4 gems would take (and their materials) and at the end of the craft operation that armor piece you had in your inventory is now spell crafted.
that would be so awesome. but export to loki would still be needed, at least for me. to calculate my sc set.
Tue 25 Aug 2020 1:30 PM by dbeattie71
keen wrote:
Thu 20 Aug 2020 11:27 AM
Is it possible to program an export function to export the item list from the web app. I would like to import this list into my SC program. Would be perfect to have options for all relevant SC calculators (eg Moras, Kort, Loki etc.)

I made a ghetto one for Loki.
https://github.com/dbeattie71/ItemFormatter/tree/master/ItemFormatter
Tue 22 Sep 2020 8:43 AM by JaggedOne
Hey Gruen !!!

First off, thanks for all the work you do. As a retired programmer, I understand how that plate is never *not* full.

I had s devil of a time tonight figuring out how to use the webapp to search for player-made studded armor for my Hunter template (I have to use the webapp because I patched the first of Sept after going to Uthgard to pay my rent - Beckett says fixing this is also on that huge plate of yours). I would never have figured out how to do it w/o Beckett's help. Turns out you have to set both min and max utility to zero to return player-made only. Sure would be nice to just have a box to check for player-made only, like on the search dude in Housing.

Also, the return display for a player-made only search displays Lot, Price, and Utility, the latter of course is always zero. Would be nice to replace that Utility column with Quality, should be pretty easy. Yes, I know you can deduce between 99 and 100 by the price, but still....

Thanks again !!!!

EDIT: the ability to sort by price or Lot # by clicking on the column head would be nice. This is a pretty standard thing, although not as easy as my above suggestions.
Tue 22 Sep 2020 1:47 PM by Uthred
Uthred wrote:
Sun 2 Aug 2020 5:52 PM
Before posting here, please note the following: The web app will stay and we will not go back to the "old" ingame title management. Any complaints, negativity or whatever offtopic will be deleted. This thread is only to help us find out which additional features for the titles/stats, the market search or the general usage of the web app you would like to see.
Fri 2 Oct 2020 12:46 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Can we get "All Dual Wield" skills added to the search box please?
Fri 9 Oct 2020 11:14 PM by Rhyniel
Centenario wrote:
Fri 7 Aug 2020 12:08 PM
I would like to be able to save my searches, so that i can daily search the things I am looking for, quickly.
Saved searches would be great
Mon 12 Oct 2020 11:59 PM by gruenesschaf
There will be an update later this week which will include search saving, recent searches and additional search options like all dw and focus.
Tue 13 Oct 2020 12:10 AM by imweasel
Can we get a filter for player crafted?
Thu 29 Oct 2020 4:38 AM by Forlornhope
Are you guys planning on at least reinstating being able to read your kills in the /title page? Or possibly making it work with the title page rather than removing it completely, something like being able to pick which titles you want to show on the in game title page through the app and being able to pick them in game.
Mon 1 Feb 2021 8:18 PM by gomashio
I think it would be awesome if you could list your build/templates on your webapp profile. For example if you could save your Charplan build, name it, add a description of what gear and other template details you use, and save it as something people can link to on your profile page. A lot of templates/builds are buried in forums or youtube comments etc, this would really make the game more accessible
Tue 2 Feb 2021 12:16 AM by ExcretusMaximus
gruenesschaf wrote:
Mon 12 Oct 2020 11:59 PM
There will be an update later this week which will include search saving, recent searches and additional search options like all dw and focus.

This never happened.
Thu 11 Feb 2021 9:24 PM by gomashio
Expanding on my idea above, I would love it if you could login to the webapp and get machine readable data (JSON) of the items with names, stats, quality, etc your characters are currently wearing. Having this would then allow a new generation of web based templating tools to exist, you could just copy paste your JSON into a web based version of something like LOKI 1.4 (which I could code up if this JSON feature existed) and it would be able to give you a template. The age old method of manually delving and entering values into a SC app that n00bs can't even find the download link for anymore should be a thing of the past.

If you could also make your templates public I think it would be really interesting too, you could see builds of popular players if they choose to make their templates public
Tue 23 Feb 2021 8:15 AM by Astaa
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue 2 Feb 2021 12:16 AM
gruenesschaf wrote:
Mon 12 Oct 2020 11:59 PM

This never happened.

It saves your previous search, I have been using it quite a lot this week.

I can't see any way of searching by proc though.

Edit, there is also a message at the top that says "To search for items your character must be in the housing zone" but that doesn't seem to be the case, I can search from frontier town.
Tue 23 Feb 2021 8:16 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Astaa wrote:
Tue 23 Feb 2021 8:15 AM

Sorry, I meant the addition of DW and other search parameters.
Tue 23 Feb 2021 6:03 PM by Astaa
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue 23 Feb 2021 8:16 AM
Astaa wrote:
Tue 23 Feb 2021 8:15 AM

Sorry, I meant the addition of DW and other search parameters.

Yes, you're right there, I couldn't exclude it from searches when looking for very specific stat ROGs
Tue 23 Feb 2021 9:05 PM by joshisanonymous
Having to get a PIN from an in-game command is a good security measure, but it's really a hassle since you can't copy and paste from in-game. I sometimes want to check something out real quick in the web app but don't bother to because I don't feel like alt-tabbing possible several times. The PIN can also disappear real quick from your chat window if there are people around you casting spells and such.

If possible, I'd suggest making it so the in-game command copies the PIN directly to your out-of-game clipboard.
Tue 23 Feb 2021 10:41 PM by Astaa
I imagine that would be a client side change so not really viable. They would need to add some sort of chat log parse feature, similar to how Zenkcraft deals with item delving and I'm not sure how that would work with a browser (firefox, chrome, whatever MS have vomited this month)
Wed 3 Mar 2021 8:20 AM by Contumas
Astaa wrote:
Tue 23 Feb 2021 10:41 PM
I imagine that would be a client side change so not really viable. They would need to add some sort of chat log parse feature, similar to how Zenkcraft deals with item delving and I'm not sure how that would work with a browser (firefox, chrome, whatever MS have vomited this month)

Hi,
i think it might be feasible to :
1- start chat logfile with a given name (eg: pin)
2- generate pin number
3- stop chat logfile
then you just need to head up to the folder and you are done.
my 2 cents.
Fri 16 Apr 2021 3:17 PM by Talo
once logged in into webapp a character swap function would be nice.
seeing all stats without changing chars ingame and enter new pin again..
Wed 28 Apr 2021 12:17 PM by Wakanidoo
Talo wrote:
Fri 16 Apr 2021 3:17 PM
once logged in into webapp a character swap function would be nice.
seeing all stats without changing chars ingame and enter new pin again..

Yes, login to the webapp should be done by account, not by character, so we can log with character NameA, log to the webapp, logout this toon, log NameB and still having the webapp open. Add a selector to the title page to allow us to select the character we need to see titles/stats. If we logout to stop game or to change realm, close the webapp for this account.
Thank you to think about that
Thu 13 May 2021 2:55 PM by Beeblebrox
Perhaps modify web app to allow a name change? You could put a name change stone on the bit's and pieces merc and if you have it in inventory, allow a name change in the webapp. GM's might even be able to set some up for a name change if the name is a violation so they have to visit the webapp to change the name.
Thu 13 May 2021 6:17 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Beeblebrox wrote:
Thu 13 May 2021 2:55 PM
Perhaps modify web app to allow a name change? You could put a name change stone on the bit's and pieces merc and if you have it in inventory, allow a name change in the webapp. GM's might even be able to set some up for a name change if the name is a violation so they have to visit the webapp to change the name.

They will never allow name changes, stop asking.
Thu 13 May 2021 7:05 PM by Beeblebrox
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Thu 13 May 2021 6:17 PM
Beeblebrox wrote:
Thu 13 May 2021 2:55 PM

They will never allow name changes, stop asking.

This is the first I've asked. Where have others been asking?
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics