defense/attack bonus

Started 31 Jan 2021
by kedelin
in Ask the Team
Is there a reason why some bonuses from keep defenses take hours to get?? any way to reward it as soon as the flames go out on realm war map? kinda bummer to be one of the few people who actually defend a keep against 4 groups and have to log off before we get our feathers/rps long after the keep is no longer under attack.
Mon 1 Feb 2021 3:11 AM by ExcretusMaximus
The few times I've brought this up the response is always "You get your reward when it's no longer under attack" which is just blatant bullshit. Anyone who has been a protracted siege and gotten a reward 3 hours later, long after the fight has been over and the keep is 100%, knows it.
Mon 1 Feb 2021 12:27 PM by gruenesschaf
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Mon 1 Feb 2021 3:11 AM
The few times I've brought this up the response is always "You get your reward when it's no longer under attack" which is just blatant bullshit. Anyone who has been a protracted siege and gotten a reward 3 hours later, long after the fight has been over and the keep is 100%, knows it.

Until you realize there are some weird people playing that leash guards into the ocean for hours. Every single time I looked into such a report there were actually some player(s) responsible for keeping the keep in combat.
Mon 1 Feb 2021 1:27 PM by Lynee
I have gotten rps for some obscure tower up to at least 14 hours past the event after I've been offline and had a full night of sleep. The tower in question (and not even the realm) was not in any focus anymore and yet I got rewarded the next day without ever having been there recently. I will try to make a meaningful report about it the next time it happens, it's not that often, but at least every 2 weeks I notice an incidence.
Mon 1 Feb 2021 1:34 PM by thirian24
ExcretusMaximus wrote:

I’ve had this happen so many times. A while back before my guild stopped playing, we would partake in keep fights for a good part of the night. After my guild logged around 9pm cst, I would stay up soloing. And around 3-4am, I would get a MASSIVE tick for a keep/tower that we fought at. I’m guessing it being massive because very very few people were still logged in that fought at that keep/tower for that credit.
Mon 1 Feb 2021 5:38 PM by mattymc
ExcretusMaximus wrote:

Since the system is currently broken perhaps this is worthy of a fix.
Tue 23 Feb 2021 12:33 AM by Takeahnase
This happens to me all the time. Roughly 24 hours is the longest amount of time that i've waited for a defense tick, and it happened after i logged out and logged back in the following day.

I rarely see this issue occur during prime time, when there are large BG vs BG fights at keeps and towers. Usually, in that case, the bonus ticks when the structure is out of combat -- 5 minutes or so after the fight, unless there is someone intentionally keeping the structure in combat.

The issue seems to occur more frequently when there are only a few defenders and a large number of attackers.

Outside of those observations, I haven't been able to discern any particular pattern.

If the intention is for the keep/tower bonus to tick after that structure is out of combat, then I do not believe the current system is working. I have no evidence for this, just personal experience (a lot of personal experience). It also seems unrealistic that the keep/tower is kept in combat for hours.
Tue 23 Feb 2021 4:07 AM by Takeahnase
Ok, here's a concrete example from tonight:

I defended DC spire (as an alb) this evening around 6 pm EST. No defense tick after the tower was taken by hibs.

I waited 2-3 hours, went back to the tower, and walked around it for about 10 minutes. There was no action at the tower, nothing to put it in combat.

I flamed the tower and left. No tick after the tower un-flamed.

An alb group took the spire shortly after. Still no tick afterwards.

The hibs took the tower a little while after that.

I finally received the defense tick at 10:45pm EST.
Tue 23 Feb 2021 6:53 AM by ExcretusMaximus
I just got my defense tick for Beno Spire from a fight nearly 3 hours ago, the tower has changed hands twice since I helped defend it.
Mon 1 Mar 2021 7:35 AM by Lynee
Just received a defense tick from last night amounting to 19k rps.
Nothing has been taken within the last 5 hours in albion and I've just logged on 20 mins ago. Battles at Bold GT took place roughly 10-12 hours ago (8-11 pm CET).

Mon 1 Mar 2021 6:05 PM by noITAmina
Wow! Thats a shame... Instead of keep on nerfing Alb maybe they should fix this hehehe.....
Mon 1 Mar 2021 7:46 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Lynee wrote:
Mon 1 Mar 2021 7:35 AM
Just received a defense tick from last night amounting to 19k rps.
Nothing has been taken within the last 5 hours in albion and I've just logged on 20 mins ago. Battles at Bold GT took place roughly 10-12 hours ago (8-11 pm CET).

You got 19k RP for a 7 minute fight between 18 people ... WTF?!

EDIT:
Yes, I see the number of kills, which means the other two numbers are most likely wrong, hence the winky emoji.
Mon 1 Mar 2021 9:27 PM by Eoril
I believe that the bonus rp pool is shared between all the participants.
If, 19H later, you are the only one connected, you take all the bonus.
Tue 23 Mar 2021 2:38 PM by Lynee
Another one of these. Berk GT action took place March 22, around 9 pm CET, bonus recieved March 23, 9:23 am (after being logged out for more than 8 hrs). During the last two hours the reported action took place in Hibernia (whatever that amount was with the event still going).

This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics