Horses - Mount Timer to Only Start When In Combat

Started 15 Feb 2021
by Ardri
in Suggestions
No one uses horses in RvR. Please change mount timer to only start when in combat.

Even unsheathing weapon, with no target, will restart your mount timer. Doing self buffs...restarts mount timer.

Please let me use my 300p horse.
Mon 15 Feb 2021 7:58 PM by Kwall0311
I concur, sir.
Mon 15 Feb 2021 8:53 PM by Corou
Yeah I feel like the timer starts whenever you do anything aswell. Really no reason to have a timer unless you just came out of combat in rvr.....In pve I feel there shouldnt be any timer at all. There's no reason for that.
Mon 15 Feb 2021 9:01 PM by gotwqqd
Corou wrote:
Mon 15 Feb 2021 8:53 PM
Yeah I feel like the timer starts whenever you do anything aswell. Really no reason to have a timer unless you just came out of combat in rvr.....In pve I feel there shouldnt be any timer at all. There's no reason for that.
It’s supposed to be for traveling more quickly, not for eluding enemies. And no timer allows just that.
Mon 15 Feb 2021 9:05 PM by ExcretusMaximus
They added the timer for the crybabies who claim horses somehow "ruin" RvR without ever giving examples.

I don't know why they continually cater to the biggest whiners, and I sincerely hope they stop. There are people who complain about real issues, and then there are people who complain about anything changing, no matter how insignificant; please stop caring what the latter think, say, or do.
Mon 15 Feb 2021 9:23 PM by gotwqqd
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Mon 15 Feb 2021 9:05 PM
They added the timer for the crybabies who claim horses somehow "ruin" RvR without ever giving examples.

I don't know why they continually cater to the biggest whiners, and I sincerely hope they stop. There are people who complain about real issues, and then there are people who complain about anything changing, no matter how insignificant; please stop caring what the later think, say, or do.
You claim to be such an expert on the game yet you need someone to give you even one example of how it can be used to circumnavigate powers given to a class.
Mon 15 Feb 2021 9:29 PM by ExcretusMaximus
gotwqqd wrote:
Mon 15 Feb 2021 9:23 PM
You claim to be such an expert on the game yet you need someone to give you even one example of how it can be used to circumnavigate powers given to a class.

1: Show me a single instance of my claiming to be an expert at the game. You can't, because I never have.

2: It's not my job to prove a negative, it is the job of the naysayers to give examples of why they believe something will have a negative impact. Simply saying something will ruin RvR is not a reason, and isn't a solid argument. Here's an example: "Giving everyone Purge for free will ruin RvR!" I know you're a proponent for free Purge, so are you now going to tell me that that argument is reasonable and solid, without any examples of why it would ruin RvR? No, you're not, because it's a shit argument.
Mon 15 Feb 2021 9:59 PM by gotwqqd
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Mon 15 Feb 2021 9:29 PM
gotwqqd wrote:
Mon 15 Feb 2021 9:23 PM

1: Show me a single instance of my claiming to be an expert at the game. You can't, because I never have.

2: It's not my job to prove a negative, it is the job of the naysayers to give examples of why they believe something will have a negative impact. Simply saying something will ruin RvR is not a reason, and isn't a solid argument. Here's an example: "Giving everyone Purge for free will ruin RvR!" I know you're a proponent for free Purge, so are you now going to tell me that that argument is reasonable and solid, without any examples of why it would ruin RvR? No, you're not, because it's a shit argument.
1. Ok I shouldn’t have used the term ‘claimed’
2. Completely different things. Purge is available to EVERY class and free purge would simply be an acceleration of RR...same as tireless and LW were seen.
The mount breaks class given abilities.
And your excuse of it not being your job is simply lazy. It’s a hollow non-argument for what are obvious reasons why they implemented a timer.
Tue 16 Feb 2021 4:26 AM by Glasny
Ardri wrote:
Mon 15 Feb 2021 5:46 PM
No one uses horses in RvR. Please change mount timer to only start when in combat.

Even unsheathing weapon, with no target, will restart your mount timer. Doing self buffs...restarts mount timer.

Agreed.
1min timer after combat + mount cast time is restrictive enough to give a very clear advantage to caster speed
Tue 16 Feb 2021 7:42 AM by Blitze
Buffpots break class abilities as you spend coin to get lvl 30ish version of all spec n base available from cleric+Druid.

Hasteners break class abilities as for free you get speed that lvl 50 casters get, just got to reclick them after each fight.

Horses break class abilities as you spend coin to get speed that lvl 50 casters get except with huge cast time and huger immunity timer.
Tue 16 Feb 2021 4:00 PM by joshisanonymous
I like the 60 second timer on mounts. I still use mine, but it's relegated to getting from place to place when I happen to be very far from a hastener, which is how it should be IMO.
Tue 16 Feb 2021 9:21 PM by Ardri
joshisanonymous wrote:
Tue 16 Feb 2021 4:00 PM
I like the 60 second timer on mounts. I still use mine, but it's relegated to getting from place to place when I happen to be very far from a hastener, which is how it should be IMO.

I've probably played hundreds of hours since they implemented horses. Yet i've seen maybe 1-2 horses in RvR during that time period. Let the horses roam.
Thu 25 Feb 2021 8:22 PM by Ardri
Bump for change.
Thu 25 Feb 2021 10:04 PM by joshisanonymous
Ardri wrote:
Thu 25 Feb 2021 8:22 PM
Bump for change.

No.
Thu 25 Feb 2021 11:05 PM by ExcretusMaximus
joshisanonymous wrote:
Thu 25 Feb 2021 10:04 PM
No.

Go back to dominating Thid and bragging about it.
Sat 27 Feb 2021 5:46 PM by joshisanonymous
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Thu 25 Feb 2021 11:05 PM
joshisanonymous wrote:
Thu 25 Feb 2021 10:04 PM
No.

Go back to dominating Thid and bragging about it.

What on earth are you talking about?
Mon 1 Mar 2021 3:05 PM by Ardri
Bump for change.
Mon 1 Mar 2021 3:46 PM by joshisanonymous
Ardri wrote:
Mon 1 Mar 2021 3:05 PM
Bump for change.

If you have to keep bumping, it's because no one cares or agrees, hence why I just gave a terse "no" the last time you bumped. It's lame. Stop doing it.
Mon 1 Mar 2021 3:59 PM by Catkain
I have not seen this suggestion yet: a big YES from me.

Side-note: Discouraging people from fighting for a change they believe in is only half as cool as being passionate about things that matter to you.
Mon 1 Mar 2021 4:12 PM by Kwall0311
joshisanonymous wrote:
Mon 1 Mar 2021 3:46 PM
If you have to keep bumping, it's because no one cares or agrees, hence why I just gave a terse "no" the last time you bumped. It's lame. Stop doing it.

Yet you're the only one in this entire thread who said no, out of like 10 people?

Lets hear your reason why, and your experience behind why you are giving a "terse "no". Ill wait
Mon 1 Mar 2021 9:53 PM by joshisanonymous
Kwall0311 wrote:
Mon 1 Mar 2021 4:12 PM
joshisanonymous wrote:
Mon 1 Mar 2021 3:46 PM

Yet you're the only one in this entire thread who said no, out of like 10 people?

Lets hear your reason why, and your experience behind why you are giving a "terse "no". Ill wait

Read the damn thread.
Mon 1 Mar 2021 9:56 PM by Kwall0311
joshisanonymous wrote:
Mon 1 Mar 2021 9:53 PM
Read the damn thread.

BTT
Tue 2 Mar 2021 7:56 AM by inoeth
horses are so poorly integrated that they are at a point where they are in fact unuseable. very sad, i always found them to be really helpfull and i never experianced them as a threat like the devs obviously look at them here...
lets face it: everyone who has no natural speed always tends to be around docks to get their haste. so where is the difference to use a horse? if you think speed classes would suffer, which i think is an illusion, make it a real off combat timer and not a off anything timmer... this is ridicolous.
in other games there is no timer at all like in warhammer online, ok they do not have speed classes there but the "problematic" situation where a pursuer jumps his horse is the same.
Fri 5 Mar 2021 3:11 AM by Ardri
Bump for change.
Sat 6 Mar 2021 6:08 PM by Ardri
Bump for change.
Sun 7 Mar 2021 6:24 AM by Svekt
Bump for change
Sun 7 Mar 2021 3:29 PM by gotwqqd
Close for staying as is.
Mon 8 Mar 2021 9:26 PM by Ardri
Bump.
Wed 10 Mar 2021 2:45 AM by Ardri
Bump.
Wed 10 Mar 2021 4:36 AM by boho
100% agree. Speed is the single most important factor in the RvR game as being faster than your opponent allows you to always evade them as long as you're aware of them. It's a degenerate mechanic, worse than permastealth, and it needs to be tuned down by making it available to anyone.
Wed 10 Mar 2021 5:28 AM by easytoremember
boho wrote:
Wed 10 Mar 2021 4:36 AM
100% agree. Speed is the single most important factor in the RvR game as being faster than your opponent allows you to always evade them as long as you're aware of them
-which is why it should not be easy to use a mount in rvr zones. Originally hasteners were in locations that made them of little consequence because by the time you reached the enemy frontier or your own -mountains zone it had expired.
Wed 10 Mar 2021 10:11 AM by gotwqqd
boho wrote:
Wed 10 Mar 2021 4:36 AM
100% agree. Speed is the single most important factor in the RvR game as being faster than your opponent allows you to always evade them as long as you're aware of them. It's a degenerate mechanic, worse than permastealth, and it needs to be tuned down by making it available to anyone.
State it here too.
I’d like to see the differences in each speed decreased so as they don’t give such a massive advantage.
Fri 26 Mar 2021 1:39 AM by Ardri
Bump for change.
Sun 28 Mar 2021 1:31 AM by Ardri
Giddyup changes.
Mon 29 Mar 2021 6:07 PM by Ardri
Ardri wrote:
Sun 28 Mar 2021 1:31 AM
Giddyup changes.
Fri 2 Apr 2021 7:28 PM by Snofru
bump
Tue 6 Apr 2021 8:35 AM by Tulpa
1000% support this.... accidently drawing weapon or using a non offensive item should not start this timer or knock you off horse....

make it a real combat timer last time you hit or were hit...
Wed 7 Apr 2021 9:52 PM by Centenario
Horse can be abused for PvE farming to bodypull.
Thu 8 Apr 2021 12:26 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Centenario wrote:
Wed 7 Apr 2021 9:52 PM
Horse can be abused for PvE farming to bodypull.

What's your point? This is about RvR horses, no one cares about PvE.
Thu 8 Apr 2021 10:37 AM by Ceen
Horses in RvR are bad and I like the way they work.
Thu 8 Apr 2021 2:59 PM by Guerrilla Monkey
Ardri wrote:
Mon 15 Feb 2021 5:46 PM

First of 60 -30 seconds and leave the speed as it is, the same situation always ...
Because those of us who like to play alone can't have an advantage like the horse that is 60 seconds to get it out? not being able to escape and end up dying from multiple fg's?
Thu 15 Apr 2021 2:47 PM by joshisanonymous
Guerrilla Monkey wrote:
Thu 8 Apr 2021 2:59 PM
First of 60 -30 seconds and leave the speed as it is, the same situation always ...
Because those of us who like to play alone can't have an advantage like the horse that is 60 seconds to get it out? not being able to escape and end up dying from multiple fg's?

You are absolutely not getting away from any FGs with a horse even if it has no CD whatsoever. That's not what it's implemented for. It's implemented as a gold sink, for high convenience in PvE, and for some minor convenience in RvR.
Wed 21 Apr 2021 9:16 PM by neuhn
For the RvR (solo, small) it would be much better without a timer!
There would be a lot more class diversity in the fight for the tasks, not just speed or hide classes.
You always fight against the same classes as solo!
And there is still the disadvantage that you are more visible with the horse and that you have the casttime on the summon horse.
Wed 21 Apr 2021 10:28 PM by Irkeno
Honestly, on visi solo I feel completely ‘tethered’ to hasteners.

Having a better cooldown on horse summons would allow a lot more class diversity and roaming.

No, you’re not going to get away from speed6 and that is clearly the GM view on that, and I accept that. (Speedwarps, fast horses etc are now romanticised in my head as nice ‘fuck you’s’ to those who prefer to only win by outnumbering their opponents but yeah, that’s gotta be a 0-0.1% chance of ever appearing here)

Anyway. Ablative charges or bringing weapon out shouldnt break horse mount imo.

If it doesn’t break hastener speed or class speed it shouldn’t break horse speed.

Would be lovely QOL and you would see more roaming as a result.

And the people who make a playstyle out of farming smaller numbers of opponents would still be able to easilly chase them down anyway, so little change for them.

To be honest overall it’s hard to see a situation in which this has a negative effect?
Thu 22 Apr 2021 1:43 PM by neuhn
+ QoL Horses without Timer !
Mon 17 May 2021 4:23 AM by Ardri
Ardri wrote:
Mon 29 Mar 2021 6:07 PM
Ardri wrote:
Sun 28 Mar 2021 1:31 AM
Giddyup changes.
Tue 25 May 2021 4:00 AM by Ardri
No one solos. No one small mans. Please do something for the non zergs and non 8mans. NA pop getting pretty low.
Sun 6 Jun 2021 1:30 AM by Ardri
Really good idea. Devs should consider it.
Fri 11 Jun 2021 1:55 PM by Talo
the way horses work on live should be adopted. 10 sec timer after combat, same speed as caster/hastener, adopt speed5 even on horseback when speeder in group.
Fri 11 Jun 2021 2:20 PM by evert
Talo wrote:
Fri 11 Jun 2021 1:55 PM
the way horses work on live should be adopted. 10 sec timer after combat, same speed as caster/hastener, adopt speed5 even on horseback when speeder in group.

Why don’t you go play live?
Sat 12 Jun 2021 6:39 AM by Talo
evert wrote:
Fri 11 Jun 2021 2:20 PM
Talo wrote:

why should I? the horse mechanic on phoenix is broken, why not adopt stuff that works? I enjoy playing on phoenix and I'm okay with all the other stuff...
gimme a reason against adopting it, plz.
Sat 12 Jun 2021 2:45 PM by gotwqqd
Talo wrote:
Sat 12 Jun 2021 6:39 AM
evert wrote:
Fri 11 Jun 2021 2:20 PM
Talo wrote:

why should I? the horse mechanic on phoenix is broken, why not adopt stuff that works? I enjoy playing on phoenix and I'm okay with all the other stuff...
gimme a reason against adopting it, plz.
Not broken
Working as intended
Sat 12 Jun 2021 7:35 PM by Talo
gotwqqd wrote:
Sat 12 Jun 2021 2:45 PM
Not broken
Working as intended
That's why u almost dont see any horses in rvr.. just on caba pve spots.
Horses should draw money out of the game but noone will buy a 250p horse he cant use in a meaningful way.
Lower prices to 15p per epic mount + 5p for armor and saddle pad and make it working "normally" and there will be guys buying mounts for several toons.
Sat 12 Jun 2021 7:45 PM by evert
Talo wrote:
Sat 12 Jun 2021 7:35 PM
gotwqqd wrote:
Sat 12 Jun 2021 2:45 PM
Not broken
Working as intended
That's why u almost dont see any horses in rvr.. just on caba pve spots.
Horses should draw money out of the game but noone will buy a 250p horse he cant use in a meaningful way.
Lower prices to 15p per epic mount + 5p for armor and saddle pad and make it working "normally" and there will be guys buying mounts for several toons.

What other class-defining abilities are we gonna get for 5p? Stealth maybe? Good for soloers… maybe a pet for everyone?
Mon 14 Jun 2021 4:22 AM by Ardri
Let the horses roam devs.
Thu 17 Jun 2021 7:47 PM by Lewk
I support this idea. Especially for a stealther coming out of stealth, they should be able to mount immediately.
Fri 18 Jun 2021 6:26 AM by Sepplord
Lewk wrote:
Thu 17 Jun 2021 7:47 PM
I support this idea. Especially for a stealther coming out of stealth, they should be able to mount immediately.

I wouldn't mind much that all get a shorter timer after using their last spells...but "especially" stealthers when coming out of stealth?
Imo. that would be one of the scenarios, imo, that isn't combat but still gives a timer

Drinking buffpots, casting bufftimers make the least sense to start the mounttimer-blocktimer
Tue 22 Jun 2021 4:49 AM by Ardri
Bump.
Thu 24 Jun 2021 2:24 AM by Ardri
Bump.
Sat 26 Jun 2021 1:07 AM by Ardri
Bump.
Sun 27 Jun 2021 3:09 AM by Ardri
Bump.
Thu 1 Jul 2021 1:28 AM by Tulpa
Catkain wrote:
Mon 1 Mar 2021 3:59 PM

Side-note: Discouraging people from fighting for a change they believe in is only half as cool as being passionate about things that matter to you.

More horses mean more solo's mean more food for Skalds, more food for skalds means more skalds to feed my champ... I support this.

FEED ME RP's
Sat 3 Jul 2021 8:08 PM by Ardri
Tulpa wrote:
Thu 1 Jul 2021 1:28 AM
Catkain wrote:
Mon 1 Mar 2021 3:59 PM

More horses mean more solo's mean more food for Skalds, more food for skalds means more skalds to feed my champ... I support this.

FEED ME RP's

What he said
Mon 5 Jul 2021 6:38 PM by Ardri
Bump
Sat 10 Jul 2021 2:44 AM by Ardri
Ardri wrote:
Mon 5 Jul 2021 6:38 PM
Bump
Tue 13 Jul 2021 4:31 AM by Ardri
Ardri wrote:
Sat 10 Jul 2021 2:44 AM
Ardri wrote:
Bump
Wed 14 Jul 2021 1:20 AM by Ardri
Ardri wrote:
Tue 13 Jul 2021 4:31 AM
Ardri wrote:
Sat 10 Jul 2021 2:44 AM
Ardri wrote:
Bump
Wed 14 Jul 2021 6:00 AM by Uthred
No plans on changing anything about horses atm.
Wed 14 Jul 2021 9:07 AM by keen
Horses should be disabled in arena.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics