Making Money?

Started 29 Jan 2021
by Dioc
in PvE
I leveled a bunch of 24’s during the event and decided on a shadowblade and skald as my 50 rvr characters. I already have a 50 bonedancer, 45 animist, 45 necro, and 45 shaman. What is the best way to accumulate a lot of plat to temp out the sb and skald? Is it really that hard to farm in mid compared to alb and hib? I haven’t done much farming on any of my 50s as I just got them all to 50. I’ll be solo farming 99% of the time as I don’t have time to join raids.
Fri 29 Jan 2021 7:54 AM by Aprox
Running DS on a regular basis. You can do that with your BD, albeit some minimum RR and a valid template is required for that.
It will give u:
10-20 k feathers in your first 10 runs.
around 8k feathers for every run after that. A run usually takes 30-40 min. once u have some experience, u can make it 25-30 min. (good high rr groups make it 15-25 min)
20k feathers sell for 4-5 p (not entirely sure about mid-prizes)
That means u make like 3p/hour with DS runs
And u get some nice ROG-Drops. low 70 utility items are common and sell for 1-1.5p depending on stats.
On average u get like 4 p/h. (but be warned: sometime runs are messy and take much longer, even with experience groups, its just bad luck sometimes.)

The other possibility is farming hulks in DF on challenge mode. U need a healer class or any mdps for that. Full temp is not required, only stats on max and some physical resistances. U get a lot diamond-sigils, which u can sell directly for 12-13g/pcs or buy and salvage+trinket df-gear with, which results in ~15g/pcs income. and u get plenty of low 60 utility rogs, which sell for few hundred gold each. i think its around 3-4 platin/hour.
Happy grinding
Fri 29 Jan 2021 8:00 AM by Lollie
If you have your salvaging skills up you can do the whole aoe dot/suicide pull with your shaman in the swamp at hagbui camp similar to what a matter cabby can do but a lot more dangerous, or chain pull the same mobs with your bd, darkness works better as you can use the 2 caster pets and you body debuff, just bring some mana pots.
Fri 29 Jan 2021 10:24 AM by evert
For solo farming I would also consider farming with necro/ani and transferring the money to mid. I've seen 5p/h quoted for ani and more than that for necro, don't know how accurate those are though Solo BD will be more like 1.5-2p/h.

Of course then you have to deal with waiting to transfer (at least from alb) and exchange rate, particularly if you find you need some more money at some point. But it might still be worth it.
Fri 29 Jan 2021 10:26 AM by Sepplord
a few weeks ago people were complaining because they had already been waiting weeks for their transfer of money TO midgard...
no idea how the situation is now, but i really doubt it has changed much considering the farming disparity
Fri 29 Jan 2021 5:23 PM by Dioc
I can see how the animist can pull in 5p an hour, but how is the necro doing it. I’m currently Deathsight doing fast single pulls. Are most people doing aoe dots or pbaoe to farm fast on the necro?
Fri 29 Jan 2021 11:05 PM by CowwoC
Dioc wrote: I can see how the animist can pull in 5p an hour, but how is the necro doing it. I’m currently Deathsight doing fast single pulls. Are most people doing aoe dots or pbaoe to farm fast on the necro?

People who actually do more than 2-4p per hour never share how they do it, they just brag about it in /advice. Since the salvage nerf there aren't much spots either to farm solo. Most of them are camped and most of them are not granting more than those 2-4p per hour max imho, even if this spot contains xp items to sell. This affects every realm, not just alb. I understand <IF> there are spots with more than the average plats per hour that people don't want to share them, so that they don't get overrun like the common ones, but imho i doubt that there are really solo spots that will grant you 5-8p/ hour like some people claim.

Imho devs should make money farm easier or open up more spots and make them public, since light tanks/ tanks and sneak temps are a ton more expensive than healer or caster templates, which favors caster even more, since nobody has time to farm forever to temp their melee before they actually can participate in rvr. Or better just find a way that melee temps are not that expensive. I mean a caster temp costs way less than 10p but a comparable melee temp starts around 40p and goes up to 80p or even more.
Fri 29 Jan 2021 11:18 PM by Tristain34
Most of the people bragging about how much they make a hour are typically full of bs.
Sat 30 Jan 2021 4:29 PM by Forlornhope
Dioc wrote:
Fri 29 Jan 2021 5:23 PM
I can see how the animist can pull in 5p an hour, but how is the necro doing it. I’m currently Deathsight doing fast single pulls. Are most people doing aoe dots or pbaoe to farm fast on the necro?

The necros pulling 4p/h+ are probably pulling zombies or something on the beach with a painworking spec necro
Sat 30 Jan 2021 5:01 PM by Aprox
5p/hour on animist is exaggerated. Since the drop rate of named weapons and armor pieces got nerfed, 5p are not possible anymore. If they are, plz tell me the spot and how u do it i can do 3 when im lazy and 4 when i put some work into it. but 5?
Sun 31 Jan 2021 12:15 AM by Sepplord
If you make Money farming too easy prices will just go up

Globally spekaing, if you want cheaper hybrid temps then you need more high utility items being Fed into the Economy, Not more plats
Sun 31 Jan 2021 4:36 PM by boridi
Sepplord wrote:
Sun 31 Jan 2021 12:15 AM

Globally spekaing, if you want cheaper hybrid temps then you need more high utility items being Fed into the Economy, Not more plats
Economics PhD inc
Tue 9 Feb 2021 6:10 PM by Astaa
Sepplord wrote:
Sun 31 Jan 2021 12:15 AM

It's far easier/cheaper to be self-sufficient if you are templating high-end templates. Stick a film on, use the various QOL crafting macros to level up crafts. Craft your own rogs. I have made hundreds of ROGs, most utter rubbish, admittedly, but out of the ~100 plat I have probably spent on making rogs I have had 3 100+ various 90+ lots of 80+ plus a bunch of average 70odd rogs, some useful to me, most sold.

Farming high level ROGs from mobs is such a complete waste of time. Much better to chain farm yellow/OJ for salvage. It's even easier now that ROGs can be boosted.

I tend to spend a good 4-5 hours on a farming session, either with Ani or ranger, if I don't come away with ~1000 dust I'm disappointed.
Wed 10 Mar 2021 5:22 PM by Urzawolf
[/quote]
I tend to spend a good 4-5 hours on a farming session, either with Ani or ranger, if I don't come away with ~1000 dust I'm disappointed.
[/quote]

It is rare that I see someone actually suggest an archer for farming, however, in the right situations, they can farm fast. For example, the pit of Coruscating Mines is my go to place to farm with my ranger. I can keep the lodes in the pit nearly empty, which means farming potential there is maximized. Glad to see other people that notice the benefit of mana-less ranged damage.
Wed 10 Mar 2021 7:03 PM by gotwqqd
Urzawolf wrote:
Wed 10 Mar 2021 5:22 PM
[/quote]

It is rare that I see someone actually suggest an archer for farming, however, in the right situations, they can farm fast. For example, the pit of Coruscating Mines is my go to place to farm with my ranger. I can keep the lodes in the pit nearly empty, which means farming potential there is maximized. Glad to see other people that notice the benefit of mana-less ranged damage.
[/quote]
Archers vs orange
Usually drops mob 2-3 shots rarely need engage melee
Sat 13 Mar 2021 6:33 PM by darkstar00
CowwoC wrote:
Fri 29 Jan 2021 11:05 PM
Dioc wrote: I can see how the animist can pull in 5p an hour, but how is the necro doing it. I’m currently Deathsight doing fast single pulls. Are most people doing aoe dots or pbaoe to farm fast on the necro?

People who actually do more than 2-4p per hour never share how they do it, they just brag about it in /advice. Since the salvage nerf there aren't much spots either to farm solo. Most of them are camped and most of them are not granting more than those 2-4p per hour max imho, even if this spot contains xp items to sell. This affects every realm, not just alb. I understand <IF> there are spots with more than the average plats per hour that people don't want to share them, so that they don't get overrun like the common ones, but imho i doubt that there are really solo spots that will grant you 5-8p/ hour like some people claim.

Imho devs should make money farm easier or open up more spots and make them public, since light tanks/ tanks and sneak temps are a ton more expensive than healer or caster templates, which favors caster even more, since nobody has time to farm forever to temp their melee before they actually can participate in rvr. Or better just find a way that melee temps are not that expensive. I mean a caster temp costs way less than 10p but a comparable melee temp starts around 40p and goes up to 80p or even more.

when was the salvage nerf?
Sat 13 Mar 2021 6:35 PM by darkstar00
gotwqqd wrote:
Wed 10 Mar 2021 7:03 PM
Urzawolf wrote:

[/quote]
Archers vs orange
[/quote]

I'm thinking of making a ranger for this as well. What spec do you use? Was thinking:

stealth: 1
wep: 32
CD: 32
Bow: 45
PF: 43
Sat 13 Mar 2021 6:45 PM by gotwqqd
darkstar00 wrote:
Sat 13 Mar 2021 6:35 PM
gotwqqd wrote:
Wed 10 Mar 2021 7:03 PM
Urzawolf wrote:

Archers vs orange
[/quote]

I'm thinking of making a ranger for this as well. What spec do you use? Was thinking:

stealth: 1
wep: 32
CD: 32
Bow: 45
PF: 43
[/quote]
If you are doing that for farming
CD is pointless
Lurikeen
50 bow
48 PF for highest DA and highest dex/quick
Rest weapon 34
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to PvE or the latest topics