killing greens and greys

Started 17 Jan 2021
by cantgetright006
in RvR
All that respect soloing or 8v8 is crap! Maybe if you didn't go out of your way to kill lowbie they would respect you more. But if you want to go by that you died in a rvr zone excuse then right back at you. REAP WHAT YOU SOW WITH NO COMPLAINTS! You will get no respect from me. RED IS DEAD!
Sun 17 Jan 2021 6:58 PM by Kurbsen
i think youre confusing real 8v8 grps vs region pugs
Sun 17 Jan 2021 7:39 PM by Lollie
To be honest I think they should revert the whole "yellow to 50 after lvl 35" thing (if possible) I think there would be a few enemies out there that might leave greens alone, and even some blues if they are truly looking for fair fights etc
Sun 17 Jan 2021 8:19 PM by mattymc
Kurbsen wrote:
Sun 17 Jan 2021 6:58 PM

Seen quite a few "real' 8v8 groups run around smushing solo's etc; not to mention adding on fights other than their 'friends'...OP has a point.
Sun 17 Jan 2021 9:18 PM by ExcretusMaximus
mattymc wrote:
Sun 17 Jan 2021 8:19 PM
Kurbsen wrote:
Sun 17 Jan 2021 6:58 PM

Seen quite a few "real' 8v8 groups run around smushing solo's etc; not to mention adding on fights other than their 'friends'...OP has a point.

You're conflating two things that are not the same.

Levelers being ganked is not the same as soloers being killed; few full groups are running around in leveling zones looking for levelers to kill, and I'd go so far as to say no 8-man is doing that; soloers that are being killed by 8-man groups typically are not in the leveling zones.
Fri 22 Jan 2021 7:09 PM by stewbeedoo
I think there are 2 issues here.

The first and fundamental issue is having an XP bonus for leveling in an RvR zone. If there was no bonus, then nobody would level in NF and get ganked. Since there is a bonus to offset the risk of leveling in NF, then clearly the design intent is for XPers to sometimes be killed. I personally do not level in NF. because I don't want to donate my RPs. But if you level in NF you have to accept the fact you will be killed - by design.

Second, having players >35 con yellow does not help. I think the original intent was to scare players from killing an xp group of greens, because they appear to be 50s. But for me this works backwards - I see an incoming enemy that cons yellow and I kill them only to find out they are green. I'm sure many of those same players then curse me for killing them.

Remove the NF xp bonus and have players con based on their actual level.
Fri 22 Jan 2021 7:13 PM by Sepplord
The thought is more that you can join the Zerg for example on your 40-44 healer and be a viable member

But you would get sniped/targetted as an easy weakpoint If enemies could see you are the lowie
Fri 22 Jan 2021 10:25 PM by protege
Going to CG/DF/Snowdonia etc is a last ditch effort for me... I don’t particularly enjoy killing xpers/lowbies, but I’m not going to feed the zergs all night, that is for sure :/

Plus, sometimes it pulls a solo or duo out looking for you which is more interesting than the usual 8-12v1
Sun 24 Jan 2021 11:46 AM by Guetzli
Agreed with the 35+ yellow to 50s. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I gladly leave lowbies alone and I often feel bad when I see they were not 50 after they're dead.

I mean in the end this won't help too much. If someone is fighting mobs in the frontiers, there is a 90% chance this guy is not 50. So people know. It won't reduce the number of players ganking others at the entrance of PoC - they obviously know they are killing lowbies.
Sun 24 Jan 2021 3:47 PM by Tyrlaan
Guetzli wrote:
Sun 24 Jan 2021 11:46 AM
Agreed with the 35+ yellow to 50s. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I gladly leave lowbies alone and I often feel bad when I see they were not 50 after they're dead.

I mean in the end this won't help too much. If someone is fighting mobs in the frontiers, there is a 90% chance this guy is not 50. So people know. It won't reduce the number of players ganking others at the entrance of PoC - they obviously know they are killing lowbies.

Yeah would love if people would just normally con to their enemies. Grey, green, blue, yellow, orange (if sub-50). And credit only for yellow+, as for all other tasks. Grey would obviously be no RPs and BPs, again following the rules for XP. Some might still kill lower con for a scrap of RPs, some might leave them alone, and nobody would be able to farm a pseudo Lone Enforcer title off low con expers.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics