Honestly Solo'ers need something...

Started 22 Jan 2021
by Rhox
in RvR
This is not a troll post like I tend to post from time to time. Honestly solo'ers need something.....

I don't care if its a RP boost, feathers, Gold something....

We are the only group that cannot dodge action.... 8 man can dodge zergs, small mans can dodge zergs and 8 mans.... Even though alot us have stealth we still have to go to populated areas to find anything.

That leaves us to a few options..... if we go to XP spots we are assholes (which i agree) so we are forced to docks and bridges to try to find action and 90% of the time we just get rolled by small mans, SLing 8 mans or adders.

A fairly large portion of you player base only plays for the reason...... Im not saying you put anything ground breaking in to stop zerging or adding as i get that's what most people want to do but even as a decent players sometimes my best effort is just getting task dings if the action is bad. There are very playstyles that will average 2k a hour on a shit night and still continue to login the next night for 5 hours.
Fri 22 Jan 2021 8:48 AM by Sepplord
i agree in general, sadly i don't really have a solution that doesn't open another can of worms

Disagree though when you inlcuded stealthers...stealth is, by far, the best tool to dodge fights.
And detection tools on phoenix are the worst that have ever existed (iirr live always had Truesight or MoS-archers)
Fri 22 Jan 2021 9:12 AM by Noashakra
so we are forced to docks and bridges to try to find action and 90% of the time we just get rolled by small mans, SLing 8 mans or adders.
You are also an asshole if you do that near the dock of the relic gate solo apparently, there are no wins
Fri 22 Jan 2021 11:55 AM by boridi
Make some friends, join a BG, or try something else. Stop crying about having to deal with multiple players in a multiplayer game. Given all the people that ask for this, yall should have been able to agree on some designated location in Mount Collory by now.

Love,
Borideux
Fri 22 Jan 2021 2:11 PM by joshisanonymous
You're not forced to go to literally the heaviest traffic areas in the game, which is what 95% of soloers do. You can go somewhere else, you just have to have patience, which apparently many soloers don't have.
Fri 22 Jan 2021 2:55 PM by soremir
joshisanonymous wrote:
Fri 22 Jan 2021 2:11 PM
You're not forced to go to literally the heaviest traffic areas in the game, which is what 95% of soloers do. You can go somewhere else, you just have to have patience, which apparently many soloers don't have.

Anybody whose actually tried going anywhere else as a slow visi solo knows that this is a great recipe to earn a tonne of tinderboxes and no RPs.
Fri 22 Jan 2021 5:56 PM by joshisanonymous
soremir wrote:
Fri 22 Jan 2021 2:55 PM
joshisanonymous wrote:

Anybody whose actually tried going anywhere else as a slow visi solo knows that this is a great recipe to earn a tonne of tinderboxes and no RPs.

Considering I have almost 900 solo kills on my "slow visi solo" main alone, I'm pretty familiar with what happens when you go anywhere else.
Fri 22 Jan 2021 7:20 PM by stewbeedoo
I soloed on Live and here on Phoenix and I do find it harder on Phoenix. I've tried to figure out why - is it server culture, or ruleset, or both? Some thoughts...

One big difference is not having Speed of the Realm tokens. This was a huge boon to soloers on Live. The recently introduced mounts help a little, but take too long to summon and in general make you too easy to see and target.

Another big difference is "traffic flow". On Live I would look for an active keep siege and then camp a logical route that enemy players will take to attack/defend the keep. Then I would pick players off as they ran to the battle. This worked pretty well on Live, but does not seem to work on Phoenix. Maybe this has to do in part with how teleport chains work here, or that the Zergs are good at staying together. The only time I find decent flow is for the realm domination tasks. For example, when Ellan Vannin is up I get a nice flow of enemies crossing the bridges to EV, plus some nice stealth fights with other sneaks doing the same.

I'm curious what other soloers think. Maybe I'm just remembering Live with "rose coloured glasses."
Fri 22 Jan 2021 7:35 PM by Noashakra
joshisanonymous wrote:
Fri 22 Jan 2021 5:56 PM
soremir wrote:
Fri 22 Jan 2021 2:55 PM
joshisanonymous wrote:

Considering I have almost 900 solo kills on my "slow visi solo" main alone, I'm pretty familiar with what happens when you go anywhere else.

Mostly in DF farming xper or in xp spot? I do it too somtimes, but not eveyone like doing that.
And don't worry, small man are also roaming there anyway
Fri 22 Jan 2021 10:05 PM by ExcretusMaximus
joshisanonymous wrote:
Fri 22 Jan 2021 5:56 PM

Aren't you the guy who lived in Thid until they turned it into Molvik? And made brag posts / videos of you killing people with an SM in Thid?
Fri 22 Jan 2021 10:10 PM by monkeygodbob
We do need something, especially as a visible solo. I still run after getting 8 maned, I still run out after getting small maned and added. Because those 1 or 2 actual clean 1v1 fights are a lot of fun for me. How ever, it is getting really old getting ran over repeatedly. You could say go to a less populated zone, but the reality is that you typically don't find anyone there, or if you do, its a skald/?/? trio or a bard/?/? trio and they just run you over. So you waste 20 minutes just to die anyway.

Why can't we implement something like -12.5% Realm point bonus for each member in a group when killing a solo(so 0 rps for an 8 man, or perhaps -10% so they still get something for killing the annoying adders) At least then there is very little incentive to constantly run us over..

I don't even understand how its fun just running over a solo hero, or a solo mercenary, ect. Where was the challenge for those 150 rps you each just got..
Fri 22 Jan 2021 10:13 PM by Kwall0311
monkeygodbob wrote:
Fri 22 Jan 2021 10:10 PM
I don't even understand how its fun just running over a solo hero, or a solo mercenary, ect.

Theres people who get enjoyment out of ruining your fun, believe it or not. Doesnt make for a good community but people literally dont care unfortunately.

Some people just want to see the world burn.
Fri 22 Jan 2021 10:20 PM by stewbeedoo
Kwall0311 wrote:
Fri 22 Jan 2021 10:13 PM
monkeygodbob wrote:
I don't even understand how its fun just running over a solo hero, or a solo mercenary, ect.

Theres people who get enjoyment out of ruining your fun, believe it or not. Doesnt make for a good community but people literally dont care unfortunately.

I really do not think it is malicious. People are playing a game and trying to progress which is done by killing enemies and getting RPs. Sometimes most of the group is inclined to let the solo go, but the MA targets and the group responds.

I solo 100% but end up killing lots of blues and greens who no doubt are similarly frustrated.
Fri 22 Jan 2021 10:42 PM by Freudinio
I would have zero issues giving solo visible classes below a certain realm rank (5?) an incentive to solo.
Sat 23 Jan 2021 9:24 AM by Blitze
I think over the last 6month to a year, visible soloing has become worse and worse...
Possibly due to

—-slow population decline—-
(Nothing we can do about this)

—-relentless zerging of them—-
(In other servers I’ve seen known soloers get left alone, especially by 8mans, never here... And based on failed /tag command there needs to be a reward big enough to cause a mental shift of grp players so at least some stop seeing soloers as cheap N easy RPs)

—-failed solo/pvp zones—-
(Yeah they didn’t work after the initial flurry of fun wore off as people turned them into duelling zones for certain classes & high RRs flourished. These just needed incentives to not sit in a circle and to instead chaotically attack everyone ASAP... Solo is not just 1v1s)

—-shift to stealths—-
(Stealth % of population is booming, I think it’s that more people realised that if you want to solo it’s so much easier to do it as an assassin. Basically, Assassins got the debuf/dmg order change, WS/con poison, easy weaponswitch, and they have a decent chance to kill any class. To ice this cake, Lower variety In solo classes makes soloing waaaay less fun)

—- Vanish (SoS to a lesser extent) —-
(These are by far the best RAs to have to solo, you effectively get to NOPE someone else’s win... or use it to escape getting zerged down! Combined with a booming Assa population means other soloers have to 1. Not ragequit after getting Zerged down 6
-10 times. 2. Actually find a 1v1 which 90% of the time is an Assa. 3. beat said Assa which usually means using purge & 4. Hope the assa has already burned vanish; if not you take the gut punch and start at no.1)

This is all fixable just need a few more peeps playing solo, a little more respect for this playstyle from groups and importantly more variety of classes willing to solo (currently is just assas & classes capable of killing assas)

So the solo game can be improved easily & here’s My suggestions:

A) make a few different solo events. That last only for 1 day/eve... it will help peeps get a thirst for solo.
ie a shorter version of the 5man proving grounds event

B) Add soloport to solokeeps for 1 hour each day at a different timeslot each day. For this hour solos who port get a buff of 50% added RPs which ticks down to 50% less RPs (At a rate of 15% per minute) to encourage natural incs. +grps get the lower RPs full stop and removed from fairfight list.

C) Make vanish usuable only if two enemies are near.

Bonus D) As we know variety of specs/classes make a better solo game... & this server is the only one where I don’t see melee Rangers (& hunters), maybe removing AF from buffpots would help.
Sat 23 Jan 2021 10:56 AM by Ajvar
Leave it as it is,this isn't a solo game,if you wanna play visible and try to solo you gonna get rolled ,very,very often ,get used to it.

- Debeli
Sat 23 Jan 2021 11:03 AM by WildWilbur
Blitze wrote:
Sat 23 Jan 2021 9:24 AM
C) Make vanish usuable only if two enemies are near.

Like dat idea! Better than my "Get rid of it altogether!"-idea...

Blitze wrote:
Sat 23 Jan 2021 9:24 AM
Bonus D) As we know variety of specs/classes make a better solo game... & this server is the only one where I don’t see melee Rangers (& hunters), maybe removing AF from buffpots would help.

Melee Rangers are not that rare. Melee Hunters are indeed a seldom sort - imo because of the gimped pet compared to Live.
Sat 23 Jan 2021 5:51 PM by Blitze
Ajvar wrote:
Sat 23 Jan 2021 10:56 AM
Leave it as it is,this isn't a solo game,if you wanna play visible and try to solo you gonna get rolled ,very,very often ,get used to it.

- Debeli

Exactly and here we are...
Grps farming Visi solos into nothingness, the ones that didn’t quit change to stealth. I think the RvR population doesn’t need more stealth.
Sat 23 Jan 2021 10:07 PM by Gotmagi
Ajvar wrote:
Sat 23 Jan 2021 10:56 AM

- Debeli

Even though this is indeed an mmo, does not mean we can't strive to make all playstyles viable and fun. Weird way to look at things.
Sun 24 Jan 2021 12:52 AM by krycek
This game, the best pvp-mmo ever made, has always been plagued by the same issue. The players. They are either inconsiderate to the fact that everyone out there, red name or not, is trying to enjoy the same game they are, just differently. Or they are ignorant to that fact. This game already has a small player-base but it feels like the majority of the players that run in groups or zergs want to demoralize other players into just not playing. Seems pretty counter-intuitive to me.
Sun 24 Jan 2021 1:10 AM by Tyrlaan
Kwall0311 wrote:
monkeygodbob wrote:

And some people take this way too serious and think that this game should be you vs. the world. It´s a multi player game where you advance through killing enemies. Multi player. Enemies. Plural. Numbers do matter, as do abilities. Somehow a vocal minority thinks they should be given some extra incentive for their duel type mini-game - or want people penalized for playing the game exactly like it´s meant to be. You don´t win battles or wars all on your own - in fact, you don´t accomplish much in this world all on your own. It´s better to learn that in a video game where character death doesn´t matter much. If you´re brave or stupid enough to venture out into this dangerous zone called the frontier where enemies roam in high numbers, don´t complain. Playing solo is a choice and an uphill battle - don´t expect somebody to make it less of it. And if you like to solo regardless, don´t take it too serious that somebody will want his score increased by killing you. It´s just a f´ing game. They owe you nothing.
Sun 24 Jan 2021 2:26 AM by easytoremember
Tyrlaan wrote:
Sun 24 Jan 2021 1:10 AM
Kwall0311 wrote:
monkeygodbob wrote:

And some people take this way too serious and think that this game should be you vs. the world. It´s a multi player game where you advance through killing enemies. Multi player. Enemies. Plural. Numbers do matter, as do abilities. Somehow a vocal minority thinks they should be given some extra incentive for their duel type mini-game - or want people penalized for playing the game exactly like it´s meant to be. You don´t win battles or wars all on your own - in fact, you don´t accomplish much in this world all on your own. It´s better to learn that in a video game where character death doesn´t matter much. If you´re brave or stupid enough to venture out into this dangerous zone called the frontier where enemies roam in high numbers, don´t complain. Playing solo is a choice and an uphill battle - don´t expect somebody to make it less of it. And if you like to solo regardless, don´t take it too serious that somebody will want his score increased by killing you. It´s just a f´ing game. They owe you nothing.
Goes both ways; your fun vanishes along with the disappearance of solos as it snowballs to duo, then smallman, then pug, 8v8, and then zerg when waiting around for frontier population to spike is no longer worthwhile
Sun 24 Jan 2021 2:56 AM by Tyrlaan
easytoremember wrote:
Sun 24 Jan 2021 2:26 AM
Tyrlaan wrote:
Sun 24 Jan 2021 1:10 AM
Kwall0311 wrote:
monkeygodbob wrote:

Goes both ways; your fun vanishes along with the disappearance of solos as it snowballs to duo, then smallman, then pug, 8v8, and then zerg when waiting around for frontier population to spike is no longer worthwhile
This implies that I have merely fun by killing solos which would disappear. That´s not the case. I kill whatever I can kill - if I have to bring more then so be it. This is a game where people from different realms fight each other - that is to kill, not to let them live. It gets absurd if people just tag each other or let each other pass for some perceived or real unfairness. Yes you die if you go solo versus an army. Too bad. Luckily it´s a game too. It´s also absurd when people don´t attack their xrealm friends. This is a game where you´re in different teams. You don´t betray your team in a game, every other social game would end the very moment somebody would try to play against their team. People refusing to group, to cooperate to overcome a challenge, even asking for protection or extra bonus to their choice of being loners, refusing help (both to give or to receive help), trying to inflate some score with duels as if this was streetfighter and not a RvR game, will actually kill this game (which has plenty of classes which only work by cooperation) way faster than anybody can imagine.
Sun 24 Jan 2021 3:17 AM by krycek
Letting a solo player live as you run by to your next RvR objective is in no way detrimental to your war effort. You can try to rationalize your red is dead philosophy all you want. But you just want to rank up the rp ladder, or as you put it, "inflate some score" just like everyone else. Those solo people aren't out there burning down your towers and keeps. They have zero influence on RvR.
Sun 24 Jan 2021 4:04 AM by Tyrlaan
Once again: this game´s objective is to fight each other, not to ignore each other. It´s absurd to expect somebody to do just that. This game is done the moment we have parallel mini-games for duels, GvG, ... which for some reason are not to interfer with each other (because somebody deems it unfair, I mean, are stealthers who PA casters gonna accumulate some kind of penalty too?) or even insulting or betraying their own team for interference in what is open RvR.
Sun 24 Jan 2021 9:03 AM by Blitze
A specific 8v8 duel rule set already exists that promotes a different playstyle than red is dead and I in no way affects RvR, sometimes the groups pull off to let their own realm die. (The extra advantage of the 8mans in their mini-game is that they still can Zerg down smallmans and solo with ease, in my opinion if they want this mini game it should be in a separate zone away from RvR)

I DO NOT want a 1v1 solo mini game... or full time Solo arena, as they have been shown repeatedly to turn into elitist duelling of high RRs that bad classes or low RRs can’t compete.

I WANT ways to make solo RvR more fun... with almost all the mini-scraps that solo RvR entails still included (e.g. 1v2, 1v1v1, duels, adds)... to get some fun outta solo RvR is very hard as currently you Always get zerged down by every ‘fairfight’ 8man, normal 8man, smallman, stealth grps.....
I think making solos less zerged would be great for everyone as it would mean more Solos, and deffo more variety of solo classes (as more visi tanks would encourage more visi casters). Another way to encourage a variety of solo classes would be to remove vanish from the solo game, it’s the best QoL solo ability by far—- but should still allow stealth to escape Zerg)
Sun 24 Jan 2021 11:04 AM by cantgetright006
Blitze wrote:
Sun 24 Jan 2021 9:03 AM
I think making solos less zerged would be great for everyone as it would mean more Solos,
How do you figure that? You have zero evidence to back that up! Getting zerged less would only make it great for 1 person. The person not getting rolled over that's all it is great for! This game has been out for ever and a day yet there is no evidence backing up what you think. And if you take vanish away from sins what are you willing to give up? How about IP or MOC? Maybe mob or any other ra that helps you stay in a fight or live to fight another day. You haven't been playing this game if you think taking vanish away means sins will fight tanks and hybrids more! Now don't get me wrong I get it. Getting steam rolled sucks and there aren't many players who haven't had that happen. But soloing is a choice you made and you knew the drawbacks when you made it. Nobody owes you anything. You having fun only matters you in this game and not anyone you're fighting. And if you aren't having fun doing it maybe try something else.
Sun 24 Jan 2021 1:38 PM by Tyrlaan
cantgetright006 wrote:
Sun 24 Jan 2021 11:04 AM
Getting zerged less would only make it great for 1 person. The person not getting rolled over that's all it is great for!
This. I think it´s all about weird expectations. To expect people would let you alone so you can farm taskers or other easy kills for your class. For this very reason the forced 1v1 zone inevitably turned into a Minstrel vs. Champ zone. People want an advantage, want to kill more than they get killed. I understand that. They want and are advocating to get a pass in those encounters where they don´t stand a chance.

It´s kinda funny that there´s a couple stealthers asking for this, being they generally don´t attack when the odds aren´t in their favor. I guess the receiving end has a very different understanding of what constitutes a fair fight and would need protection from being forced into these unfair fights and from being killed?

But Minstrels and Champs deserve to be zerged because for many classes they can´t be killed if you start lining up for duels. Stealthers deserve to be killed while visible (because they for the most part can´t be found and killed when they are not, i.e. retaliated against with better odds). The list goes on. That´s the corrective element. Yes it works against you if you´re solo. Why would 8mans give (visible) soloers a pass so that these soloers can then kill people from the 8man´s realm unhindered. Removing threats from an area (often a dock) is a realm contribution. Letting them pass is detrimental to the war effort.
Sun 24 Jan 2021 2:41 PM by boridi
Blitze wrote:
Another way to encourage a variety of solo classes would be to remove vanish from the solo game, it’s the best QoL solo ability by far—- but should still allow stealth to escape Zerg)

Think you mean SoS, which doesnt make you worthless for 30 seconds after use and has a shorter reuse timer.
Sun 24 Jan 2021 4:36 PM by Aprox
is it against server rules to appoint 1v1 fights via discord? there are plenty of spots in FZ where noone will find you. Just make out a time and place and enjoy 1v1s. Somewhere in the castle ruins maybe. i have seen some videos of people doing that.
Sun 24 Jan 2021 6:52 PM by monkeygodbob
Honestly, the amount of time I get ran over and over, its quite sad. Small mans only exist to hit solos, if all the solos go away, that would make both play styles fade away into nothing. All we have left is 8v8 elite, 8 man pug who can't kill an 8man elite, and zergs. Something needs to be done, like literally anything. Currently its just frustrating unless you play at maybe 3 am NA time.
Sun 24 Jan 2021 8:12 PM by boridi
monkeygodbob wrote:
Sun 24 Jan 2021 6:52 PM
Honestly, the amount of time I get ran over and over, its quite sad. Small mans only exist to hit solos, if all the solos go away, that would make both play styles fade away into nothing. All we have left is 8v8 elite, 8 man pug who can't kill an 8man elite, and zergs. Something needs to be done, like literally anything. Currently its just frustrating unless you play at maybe 3 am NA time.
Sorry for coming back to get you near bled flag... but i need rps
Borideux
Sun 24 Jan 2021 10:12 PM by Gotmagi
cantgetright006 wrote:
Blitze wrote:
I think making solos less zerged would be great for everyone as it would mean more Solos
Nobody owes you anything.

Love this argument.
Sun 24 Jan 2021 11:47 PM by FaBx85
Best fights for soloers were, are & will always be inside DF.
Start loggin out/in your chars during realms switches & enjoy the hunting ⚔
Mon 25 Jan 2021 12:10 AM by Forlornhope
monkeygodbob wrote:

3 am NA time's about when Black flag logs in and rolls solos and smalls in the task zones with their 8man, so playing then got frustrating and I not longer log in then.
Mon 25 Jan 2021 12:13 AM by cantgetright006
Gotmagi wrote:
Sun 24 Jan 2021 10:12 PM
cantgetright006 wrote:
Blitze wrote:
I think making solos less zerged would be great for everyone as it would mean more Solos
Nobody owes you anything.

Love this argument.
You had to cut out a lot to get that! LIKE ( You have zero evidence to back that up! Getting zerged less would only make it great for 1 person. The person not getting rolled over that's all it is great for! This game has been out for ever and a day yet there is no evidence backing up what you think. ). Or ( But soloing is a choice you made and you knew the drawbacks when you made it. Nobody owes you anything. You having fun only matters you in this game and not anyone you're fighting. And if you aren't having fun doing it maybe try something else. ). But you have nothing and that is all you can do.
Mon 25 Jan 2021 11:12 AM by kiectred
Forlornhope wrote:
Mon 25 Jan 2021 12:10 AM
monkeygodbob wrote:

3 am NA time's about when Black flag logs in and rolls solos and smalls in the task zones with their 8man, so playing then got frustrating and I not longer log in then.

People who try to solo in the task zone deserve to get rolled until they learn.
Mon 25 Jan 2021 11:24 AM by themaskofkoro
I’m pretty much against people trying to 1v1 in highly trafficked areas, although I won’t add on a /bow duel, nor will I add on enemy players fighting in said areas unless a realm mate asks for help. In a group I’d add on any fight. I’d encourage everyone else to do the same, but this is just how I play when I play Daoc. It’s a lot more fun for me when fights are chaotic, than fighting knights that bow a lot.

Zerks get around 8%~15% chance to evade depending on the weapons of their opponents, and have no way of increasing evade even though that’s the only real stun they get. Spec in parry for defense and that gets cut in half by almost every vis melee out there because tanks don’t even hit with their 1h here. Can see why I don’t see savages soloing cuz their h2h is considered as a 1h weapon and they bring themselves closer to death every 15 seconds. It’s like we’re being told that IP is necessary and you’d have to RA dump to win solo unless you’re lucky. I’m really hoping to see things get better after I gain more RRs.
As a low RR zerk I do find it harder to solo here, and I can imagine other classes have a hard time as well, due the free rps you get every 30 mins after entering into combat with an enemy player, and above all, the love given to assassins on this server.

Correct me if I am wrong here:
Because poisons get added before the initial hit if a Perf or BS is perfectly preformed, getting hit with a level 47 con debuff is a guaranteed 400 dmg hit + the Perf or BS dmg. This is, of course, assuming these stealth openers don’t miss, the poison doesn’t get resisted, and the assassin puts the WS/con debuff on his main hand. (If these changes were added prior to the nerf in speccing high CS, it isn’t hard for me to imagine why it was nerfed)

Stealthers here don’t have to spec in MoS here, and so they have at least 10 points extra to spend in other RAs. (A sort of debuff to visibles considering they only get long wind for free. I don’t even know how much it is in terms of RSP, but I only ever needed LW1-2 if playing on another server.)

And ofc with the weapon swap macros it’s easier to add extra dmg each swing by reapplying dots.

+access to ToA weapon spd debuff poison

Now, having said all this, I’ve not played an assassin on this server yet, so I can’t really say they are easy-mode. They will most likely die 1v1 to shield classes (as they should), but unlike any other server fighting against 2 of these things with IP down will likely be a quick death sentence to any kind of melee. I don’t even want to imagine soloing on a caster here.

It’s kinda cool that sins are full-on Assassin’s Creed mode here, but giving this much power to the stealth class (that can pretty much chose when and who to fight, has escape mechanisms + can recover while stealthed) would kill off the solo and smallman action when said stealthers actually group up. Even more so for Albion because minstrels can stealth, CC, heal the group, SOS, and access to MoS? <Wth they can’t even be targeted first for bad stealth? + access to root with no immunity from scouts.

Yes not being able to vanish unless at least 2 enemies are around could be an improvement, but I much prefer the times when poisons applied after the stealth opener, Perf could hit harder, and meeting a stealth grp didn’t mean you’d have to just stay away from solo pvp for a while (since the other docks will likely be camped by that point), or run around naked giving free rps and getting a 700 rp tick in return.
I can see free MoS was a nice change although they don’t get the full bonus.

Just my twenty cents and time probably wasted rambling😂

Also: kudos to the devs for keeping the pop higher than live on a very old mmorpg. Loved the QoL changes. The changes to pvp not so much, but still playable even if solo.
Mon 25 Jan 2021 3:28 PM by Gotmagi
themaskofkoro wrote:
Mon 25 Jan 2021 11:24 AM
I’m pretty much against people trying to 1v1 in highly trafficked areas, although I won’t add on a /bow duel, nor will I add on enemy players fighting in said areas unless a realm mate asks for help. In a group I’d add on any fight. I’d encourage everyone else to do the same, but this is just how I play when I play Daoc. It’s a lot more fun for me when fights are chaotic, than fighting knights that bow a lot.

Zerks get around 8%~15% chance to evade depending on the weapons of their opponents, and have no way of increasing evade even though that’s the only real stun they get. Spec in parry for defense and that gets cut in half by almost every vis melee out there because tanks don’t even hit with their 1h here. Can see why I don’t see savages soloing cuz their h2h is considered as a 1h weapon and they bring themselves closer to death every 15 seconds. It’s like we’re being told that IP is necessary and you’d have to RA dump to win solo unless you’re lucky. I’m really hoping to see things get better after I gain more RRs.
As a low RR zerk I do find it harder to solo here, and I can imagine other classes have a hard time as well, due the free rps you get every 30 mins after entering into combat with an enemy player, and above all, the love given to assassins on this server.

Personally I feel like zerkers are the weakest of the three (merc > bm > zerk), but I have much respect for people that solo on them. Savages are in league of their own.. incredibly bad for soloing sadly.

On the topic: Don't punish fgs and 'red is dead' crew for killing soloers, it's normal and should not be changed. There are few out there that recognize the names of known soloers and the /tag command might become more popular (I got tagged for the 1st time last night, woo!).
Instead, reward those that persist and implement ways to direct the traffic flow away from keeps/bridges/docks without affecting the zerg/8man/small man playstyles too much.
The most rewarded playstyle currently seems to be the keepzerg playstyle, atleast in terms of task rps etc. This is fantastic as most seem to enjoy that playstyle and it's the core of the game. Maybe upping the reward for the Solo kill task could work, not sure.
Mon 25 Jan 2021 4:32 PM by kedelin
i think adding the clean fight mechanics for solo's that /fairfight list them self would reall help with the adding and more people would list.. in return you would be able to see zones in which the soloers are at making finding fight better. I just dont understand you give out every player in a 8man fight win or loose a free 1000 rps but wont do it for soloers or smallman
Mon 25 Jan 2021 4:33 PM by watbrif
I think the server is already doing a great job trying to accommodate different playstyles (was this ever done on Live? Not sure). I think people have to realise that 8vs8, solo or other playstyles will never co-exist on an equal basis to "red=dead". How could it be given that a) "red=dead" is possible in the first place and b) there are no penalties for adding/killing greys/killing people who level/ganking solers in a group. This is the standard mode of the game meaning that any other playstyles can't be put on an equal footing.

I try to stick to a personal "red=dead plus honour code" playstyle as much as possible, which includes avoiding adds and sparing greys. But to expect everyone else to do the same or to stick to an even more restrictive playstyle is completely unrealistic given how rvr is designed. People just need to lower their expectations ...
Mon 25 Jan 2021 5:37 PM by monkeygodbob
kedelin wrote:
Mon 25 Jan 2021 4:32 PM
i think adding the clean fight mechanics for solo's that /fairfight list them self would reall help with the adding and more people would list.. in return you would be able to see zones in which the soloers are at making finding fight better. I just dont understand you give out every player in a 8man fight win or loose a free 1000 rps but wont do it for soloers or smallman

This 100%, why is this not a thing?
Mon 25 Jan 2021 8:48 PM by joshisanonymous
monkeygodbob wrote:
Mon 25 Jan 2021 5:37 PM
kedelin wrote:
Mon 25 Jan 2021 4:32 PM

This 100%, why is this not a thing?

This has been addressed many, many times. It's a lot harder to police 1v1 clean fights since it would only take two people to be willing to lie about it instead of 16.

Alternatively, I'd rather they just stop giving all sorts of bonuses to 8mans. Clean fight is supposed to entice less hardcore players to try out 8v8 but all it seems to do is provide hardcore 8mans with extra RPs and give them a reason to be even pissier than they would be about adds. Likewise, /tag is supposed to give 8mans RPs for sparing soloers, but it's weird that to be like "you get RPs no matter what you decide to do", and then they just kill you anyway, after which you feel more bitter than you otherwise would since you know they could've gotten the same reward even if they left you alone.

It's just hard to understand why 8mans are coddled so much here and why they're incentivized to not play in the spirit of RvR. It's rather frustrating to have 8mans actively work to get their realmmates killed, announce that they don't play for the realm, and then be rewarded with systems that grant them extra RPs no matter what they do.
Sat 6 Feb 2021 1:59 PM by thirian24
After so many failed attempts at “trying” to help solos, I finally said fuck it. I don’t solo anymore. It’s pointless, extremly frustrating and if I don’t have an 8man grp or smally, I just don’t log in. I found much much better enjoyment in 8man and small man. I try to leave my solo friends alone as best as I can. Usually can’t control the group. At the end of the day, idgaf anymore. The staff clearly don’t either.

Just play the game however you enjoy, or don’t play at all. Either way you’ll be better off.
Sat 6 Feb 2021 2:59 PM by Blitze
I feel for ya Hwwaatt, lots of times the sadness outweighs the good when soloing...

Again it’s best to not compare yourself or think about the 8man/Zerg QoL things, cleanfight, tag, RPs/claws for keeps.

It is like looking over through their spiked garden fence to the neighbour riding his ride-on lawnmower whilst getting his pooled cleaned... then looking around and watching the Poolperson chuck the sodden waste over into your Little weed-filled yard.

Comparisons really don’t help. Pretend the 8mans & Zerg don’t get the benefits they do, it helps.
Tue 9 Feb 2021 8:23 AM by ulf
remove /tag and give 1vs1 arena,

the subject is close.
Tue 9 Feb 2021 8:55 AM by Irkeno
ulf wrote:
Tue 9 Feb 2021 8:23 AM
remove /tag and give 1vs1 arena,

the subject is close.

Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha.

YOu missed the bit where the GM's said they wouldnt do that again didnt you.
Tue 9 Feb 2021 9:27 AM by ulf
if GM dont want it
,stop complain about Add
Tue 9 Feb 2021 10:02 AM by Astaa
It's back to normal now, getting nothing in any frontier except 1 or 2 at the 'solo' areas before a small man of tryhards turn up.

Shame.

When's the next event again?
Tue 9 Feb 2021 7:28 PM by protege
Astaa wrote:
Tue 9 Feb 2021 10:02 AM
It's back to normal now, getting nothing in any frontier except 1 or 2 at the 'solo' areas before a small man of tryhards turn up.

Shame.

Yep... People say go solo in the designated solo areas and two minutes later the sweatlords come flying in for the easy kills.

Losers.
Wed 10 Feb 2021 7:27 AM by Sepplord
getting one or two good fights before being zerged and having to teleport somewhere else sounds greath though?
What is the expectation for soloing if that's not deemed good?
Wed 10 Feb 2021 8:02 AM by Astaa
I mean, a couple of uninterrupted fights all evening...

I guess the devs and the zergers want more people to roll assassins, I have one templated, but it's not my thing.
Wed 10 Feb 2021 9:27 AM by Noashakra
protege wrote:
Tue 9 Feb 2021 7:28 PM
Astaa wrote:
Tue 9 Feb 2021 10:02 AM

Shame.

Yep... People say go solo in the designated solo areas and two minutes later the sweatlords come flying in for the easy kills.

Losers.

Remove the solo zone death indications, just say odin / hadrien / emain
Fri 12 Feb 2021 12:31 AM by Hypno
Tactical Nukes positioned over crau/beno/bled main bridges that will fire if people circle over if more than 3 times (Im looking at you championbots)
Fri 12 Feb 2021 7:04 AM by Stoertebecker
Hypno wrote:
Fri 12 Feb 2021 12:31 AM
Tactical Nukes positioned over crau/beno/bled main bridges that will fire if people circle over if more than 3 times (Im looking at you championbots)

Disturbing your low bobs farming?
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics