SB axe vs sword

Started 21 Jan 2021
by Dakkhon
in Midgard
Does it really matter what type of weapon I use to lvl? I mean are the axe styles better for some reason or will it only matter when I am 50?
Thu 21 Jan 2021 3:07 PM by WildWilbur
Dakkhon wrote:
Thu 21 Jan 2021 2:30 PM
Does it really matter what type of weapon I use to lvl? I mean are the axe styles better for some reason or will it only matter when I am 50?

For melee leveling on this server applies the same thumb rule for every class: Just reskill to your best orange weapon drop. Reskilling is free on this server until 50. Doesn´t really matter what weapon line you are in.
Thu 21 Jan 2021 3:29 PM by Saroi
I personally like Sword more since the taunt which is used as anytimer has high to hit. In low level you will have higher miss rates.
Thu 21 Jan 2021 5:27 PM by gotwqqd
Saroi wrote:
Thu 21 Jan 2021 3:29 PM
I personally like Sword more since the taunt which is used as anytimer has high to hit. In low level you will have higher miss rates.
Axe
Stack bleeds and asr
Thu 21 Jan 2021 8:51 PM by inoeth
sword=only bad procs+no special styles
axe= anytime asr and tripple dot
Fri 22 Jan 2021 3:10 AM by Dakkhon
Ty all for the info. Very helpful
Fri 22 Jan 2021 1:39 PM by Saroi
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 21 Jan 2021 5:27 PM
Saroi wrote:
Axe
Stack bleeds and asr

He is talking about leveling. While leveling the asr doesn't matter. Bleeds won't help much too cause if solo you don't get to use backstyle much and the after evade with bleed has 0 to hit and with lv 25 a 7 bleed doesn't really do much too.
Fri 22 Jan 2021 6:37 PM by gotwqqd
Saroi wrote:
Fri 22 Jan 2021 1:39 PM
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 21 Jan 2021 5:27 PM
Saroi wrote:
Axe
Stack bleeds and asr

He is talking about leveling. While leveling the asr doesn't matter. Bleeds won't help much too cause if solo you don't get to use backstyle much and the after evade with bleed has 0 to hit and with lv 25 a 7 bleed doesn't really do much too.
Axe for leveling is best
Plague and later havoc make it so
Fri 22 Jan 2021 10:24 PM by Saroi
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri 22 Jan 2021 6:37 PM
Axe for leveling is best

Plague is definitely not better than draw out. Plague has medium to hit, while draw out has high to hit. This gives you a 5% better hit chance.
Tue 26 Jan 2021 8:35 AM by inoeth
are we not talking about SB? why would someone care about base weapon styles? use LA!
Tue 26 Jan 2021 1:53 PM by gotwqqd
inoeth wrote:
Tue 26 Jan 2021 8:35 AM
are we not talking about SB? why would someone care about base weapon styles? use LA!
Yea
Tue 9 Mar 2021 12:47 PM by Hattrick
Saroi wrote:
Fri 22 Jan 2021 10:24 PM
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri 22 Jan 2021 6:37 PM
Axe for leveling is best

Plague is definitely not better than draw out. Plague has medium to hit, while draw out has high to hit. This gives you a 5% better hit chance.

Using taunt styles as your anytime is a not a great idea imho, especially on an SB. Everyone is talking about the difference in the +to hit on the 2 taunt styles and they are ignoring that taunt styles carry defense penalties as well, which means you are more likely to be hit. I would posit that most solo melee's biggest contributor to downtime is regaining lost health, not killing speed. You're not going to have much problem hitting stuff that cons orange and below, but I want to be hit as little as possible, especially on a leather armor wearing, low HP character.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics