Cannot Access Options Menu From Character Select

Started 20 Jan 2021
by Shadowblade1
in Support Center
I came back from a year long hiatus. Upon logging in I noticed that the client keeps defaulting to my secondary monitor. It would appear that I am in Fullscreen Windowed, as I can move my cursor freely between screens with the game up, but there is no window frames to click and drag. I hoped to fix this by logging to character select and going into options. Clicking the OPTIONS button asks me if I want to delete my character. None of the other buttons, besides Play, work.

Would greatly appreciate some advice. I have an active reddit threat, as well as have asked in the support channel on discord.

I have tried forcing windowed through the exe shortcut, failed.
I have tried changing windows resolution, failed.
I have tried changing resolution through user.dat, failed.
I have tried alt+enter, failed.
I deleted ReShade( just in case), failed.
Wed 20 Jan 2021 2:07 PM by Sepplord
The Issue with the buttons means that the whole display is shifted.

Where you see the Options button, there really is the delete button.
Look at the shift in position accordingly, and adjust your cursor position accordingly for the other buttons to push them.
That way you can get into the options and mess around there.
I had the same issue once, but don't remember how i fixed it, but at least that is a starting point
Wed 20 Jan 2021 2:18 PM by Shadowblade1
The only results I have gotten is, clicking the options button is delete. Clicking the word options is exit. Clicking the word exit is customize. Everything else seems to be dead area.
Wed 20 Jan 2021 2:24 PM by Sepplord
i don't have the screen in front of me right now so i can just talk vaguely in examples:

so, for example, if "Exit" is "customize" then look how those buttons are positioned to each other. If the customize button is 2cm above the exit button, then the real customize button will be 2cm above itself.
The options button will also be 2cm above itself...etc...

It is not that the buttons do something different, it is that what you see...is not what the PC thinks is there. There is basically the "real"-layer and on top of it is the "visual"-layer that you can see. USually those are identical, but somehow in this case the is an offset between those that you have to adjust for before clicking
Wed 20 Jan 2021 5:06 PM by Shadowblade1
I was able to force windowed through user.dat. Still cannot access options after that. Returning it back to FS Windowed reverts it right back to my secondary monitor, so I guess the question is - why?
Wed 20 Jan 2021 5:22 PM by Shadowblade1
Sep,
Took this screenie and labeled it.

http://imgur.com/gallery/DxGNxJV

I know what you mean, but I don't see a pattern with this lol
Wed 20 Jan 2021 5:27 PM by Sepplord
Yeah okay, now that i see it on screen my "advice" doesn't make sense .

Sorry, seems like you have a different issue
No Idea, sorry
Thu 21 Jan 2021 7:48 AM by Astaa
As basic as it sounds, have you tried deleting all your DAOC folders, including those in Users/You/AppData/roaming/electronic arts/ and a fresh install? It will be a client side issue, so I am not sure the GMs can do a lot.

And to try and pin down the cause, have you tried disconnecting a monitor, rebooting and then launching DAOC? Does the problem persist.
Thu 21 Jan 2021 4:37 PM by Teehehe
I believe it was me that you was talking to in game the other day if not it was someone with the exact same problem. If you want add me as a friend on discord and I can try to help you. I am not in the offical discord so you will have to add me as a friend. Teehehe#9239
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Support Center or the latest topics