GM ~ Purchased a new computer, giving old computer to BF - he plays as well. How to do this?

Started 15 Jan 2021
by jbwooten89
in Support Center
How can I avoid any kind of suspension or anything for him? I'll be formatting the current PC I'm using and giving it to him tomorrow, and ideally installing Phoenix on my new machine and using my current account on there. My concern is with him being able to play his account on this PC after I've wiped it and set it up for him. I've seen multiple people telling me to just get in touch with a GM and it should be able to be worked out.

Thanks in advance for your guidance!
Fri 15 Jan 2021 6:33 AM by jbwooten89
After some digging, it seems that my personal account will be fine to use on my new computer...

but he can never play again if he's using the machine I'm using.........? What do I do?
Fri 15 Jan 2021 6:36 AM by Lollie
Your far better off trying to contact them via discord bud.
Fri 15 Jan 2021 6:40 AM by Simon73
Use discord,

for my experience it's not allowed, even if you format.
I gave my laptop to my daughter to play with me and we got banned even if i told them that i was going to do it.
Had to buy a new laptop for her. @Uthred you need to pay me back for new laptop ahah
Fri 15 Jan 2021 8:04 AM by Ceen
Your BF can not use your computer and has to buy another one from a stranger.
Most retarded rule ever.
Fri 15 Jan 2021 9:51 AM by gotwqqd
Keep your account on old computer
Erase all the characters and hand it over to your BF.
Keep all resources and monies
Likely you have salvaging there it stays on account as well as epic encounters

Create new account on new computer

Level from scratch together
Fri 15 Jan 2021 9:54 AM by Beckett
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri 15 Jan 2021 9:51 AM
Keep your account on old computer
Erase all the characters and hand it over to your BF.
Keep all resources and monies
Likely you have salvaging there it stays on account as well as epic encounters

Create new account on new computer

Level from scratch together

Encounter credit is character linked, if you delete the character that did the encounter you lose the credit.
The same for crafting.
Fri 15 Jan 2021 10:20 AM by Simon73
Beckett wrote:
Fri 15 Jan 2021 9:54 AM
Encounter credit is character linked, if you delete the character that did the encounter you lose the credit.
The same for crafting.

Ciao Beckett,

i would suggest that this is set a sticky on all threads and maybe remembered in game
For example, i had some low levels that i deleted to redo them during event, people don't think that you loose the craft.
Fri 15 Jan 2021 12:01 PM by thirian24
jbwooten89 wrote:
Fri 15 Jan 2021 6:26 AM
How can I avoid any kind of suspension or anything for him? I'll be formatting the current PC I'm using and giving it to him tomorrow, and ideally installing Phoenix on my new machine and using my current account on there. My concern is with him being able to play his account on this PC after I've wiped it and set it up for him. I've seen multiple people telling me to just get in touch with a GM and it should be able to be worked out.

Thanks in advance for your guidance!

Unfortunately, you’re shit out of luck. You need a BRAND NEW machine now just for your BF to play.

I played Phoenix during beta on a desktop. When Phoenix went live, I played on a laptop.. having never used the desktop after the server wipe to prepare for the live launch. I inquired with the staff if I could use that PC for my son to play. I was told no.. that I’d have to buy him a new machine. Even though.. that PC hasn’t loaded Phoenix since before the server wipe.

The staff really needs to bring this lame rule back to the table and have another look at it.
Fri 15 Jan 2021 12:27 PM by Astaa
Nothing you can do, he will not be able to use your old computer to play phoenix on a different account.

It's not a very good rule, but it is what it is.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Support Center or the latest topics