Why is it STEALTH is BROKEN

Started 12 Jan 2021
by Impactx
in Ask the Team
It is very apparent the community hates stealthers. what I didnt expect was that the DEVS are just as bad. Is it working properly that while stealthed and SOLO full groups of enemies are able to walk up to you as if not stealthed at all? Or is this a bug that needs serious attention to be corrected?
Tue 12 Jan 2021 3:00 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Impactx wrote:
Tue 12 Jan 2021 2:08 AM
It is very apparent the community hates stealthers. what I didnt expect was that the DEVS are just as bad. Is it working properly that while stealthed and SOLO full groups of enemies are able to walk up to you as if not stealthed at all? Or is this a bug that needs serious attention to be corrected?

Need more information: What level are you? What level were the enemies? What is your composite stealth? Did the enemies have a stealther in their group? Did you see a Lucidity potion animation? Where you moving? Where they moving?
Tue 12 Jan 2021 7:02 AM by Astaa
Stealth works fine, you probably encountered a group where someone popped a stealth lore pot (you can buy them with claws)
Tue 12 Jan 2021 7:37 AM by Sepplord
the stealthpot barely increases detection radius
being able to just " walk up to you as if not stealthed at all" is not possible. period

i can tell you though that tons of times stealthers stand in the same spots, or go into stealth and don't move/don't change their movement direction at all, which makes it quite easy to find them

Not once, have i seen a stealther in stealth at cliprange, regardless of their level.

But hey, someone who wants to play the victim will always play the victim and cry about the world hating on them specifically
It is very apparent the community hates stealthers. what I didnt expect was that the DEVS are just as bad.
Tue 12 Jan 2021 7:53 AM by Blitze
The Devs clearly don’t hate stealthier, otherwise assassins wouldn’t be as strong as they are.. & archers wouldn’t have had so much attention to at least try and make them viable.* Sadly the Devs efforts on archers haven’t worked.

*by viable I mean that they are not just a class whose playstyle is either; add others fights or group up and insta gib solos.
Tue 12 Jan 2021 8:24 AM by Noashakra
Impactx wrote:

Proof? Because I can tell you it's working fine.
People should stop calling out devs for everything...
Tue 12 Jan 2021 9:07 AM by inoeth
calling out on authorities is easy though and always has been an apropriate tool for those who are not able to reflect on themselfes
#draintheswamp

ot: stealth works as intended but in daoc many strange things happen. sometimes it looks like enemys walk a straight line up to you on purpose but in reality it was just bad luck.... the same reason why so many ppl think radar was still a big thing...
Wed 13 Jan 2021 1:53 AM by Impactx
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue 12 Jan 2021 3:00 AM
Impactx wrote:

Need more information: What level are you? What level were the enemies? What is your composite stealth? Did the enemies have a stealther in their group? Did you see a Lucidity potion animation? Where you moving? Where they moving?

Level 50, level 50, 51 comp, no they did not, they did not pop lucidity, I was not moving atm.
Wed 13 Jan 2021 1:56 AM by Impactx
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 12 Jan 2021 7:37 AM
the stealthpot barely increases detection radius
being able to just " walk up to you as if not stealthed at all" is not possible. period

i can tell you though that tons of times stealthers stand in the same spots, or go into stealth and don't move/don't change their movement direction at all, which makes it quite easy to find them

Not once, have i seen a stealther in stealth at cliprange, regardless of their level.

But hey, someone who wants to play the victim will always play the victim and cry about the world hating on them specifically
It is very apparent the community hates stealthers. what I didnt expect was that the DEVS are just as bad.

Yeah i don't normally do the n00b stealther things as I have used that knowledge to find sneaks as well. It wasnt at cliprnage but it was quite poosibly very close, as for vistim thanks for your input but next time keep it to the problem and troll less.
Wed 13 Jan 2021 1:59 AM by Impactx
Noashakra wrote:
Tue 12 Jan 2021 8:24 AM
Impactx wrote:

Who else besides DEVS woud we bring this up for attention it is my belief they would be the only people to be able to look into a problem?
Wed 13 Jan 2021 1:25 PM by DaXavi
the problem with all this is when you are in a group as a stealth the enemies see you at 500 locs even with speed+endu run, what happens then is the group comes back and claps you....

so you are forced to run as a solo player and the task of the stealther to scout and cut supply rails is no longer possible
Wed 13 Jan 2021 2:15 PM by inoeth
DaXavi wrote:
Wed 13 Jan 2021 1:25 PM
the problem with all this is when you are in a group as a stealth the enemies see you at 500 locs even with speed+endu run, what happens then is the group comes back and claps you....

so you are forced to run as a solo player and the task of the stealther to scout and cut supply rails is no longer possible

lolwhat?
Wed 13 Jan 2021 11:09 PM by opossum12
Are you seriously crying that there is a negative aspect to stealth zerging, the trashiest of all playstyles
Thu 14 Jan 2021 1:35 PM by Noashakra
DaXavi wrote:
Wed 13 Jan 2021 1:25 PM

lmao - 5vs1 for easy rps = cutting supply rails xD

Impactx wrote:
Wed 13 Jan 2021 1:59 AM
Noashakra wrote:
Tue 12 Jan 2021 8:24 AM
Impactx wrote:

Who else besides DEVS woud we bring this up for attention it is my belief they would be the only people to be able to look into a problem?

I have 2x 10L (ranger and NS) and I don't know how you can think stealth is broken, you are the only player complaining.
Why no other stealthers have a problem but you?
Fri 15 Jan 2021 5:05 PM by DaXavi

so you see Steahlers also with non Steahlers....do you see Steahlers also with non Steahlers....
Fri 15 Jan 2021 5:51 PM by Noashakra
DaXavi wrote:
Fri 15 Jan 2021 5:05 PM

so you see Steahlers also with non Steahlers....do you see Steahlers also with non Steahlers....

It's not broken lol, stealth groups have a stealth malus. Crap Legends run with 4+ people, so it's 100% normal.
Fri 15 Jan 2021 9:40 PM by gotwqqd
Noashakra wrote:
Fri 15 Jan 2021 5:51 PM
DaXavi wrote:
Fri 15 Jan 2021 5:05 PM

It's not broken lol, stealth groups have a stealth malus. Crap Legends run with 4+ people, so it's 100% normal.
Malus=malice?
They first need to extend the detect bonus for non grouped stealth characters within some distance
Tue 19 Jan 2021 2:32 AM by Nephamael
In fact stealth on Phoenix is the weakest stealth = biggest detection radius by non stealthers of all daoc versions/servers i played.

But it is mostly playable. You get caught now and then by 8v1 groups with stealth lore pots - but remember you at least have stealth, visible solos get caught by 8v1 or 5v1 groups every single time.

-
Stealth zerg was a even bigger curse on Phoenix than it is today, thats why every additional member of a stealth group reduces the stealth of all members of the stealth grp. And thats a very very good thing.
Tue 19 Jan 2021 4:43 AM by ExcretusMaximus
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri 15 Jan 2021 9:40 PM
Malus=malice?

European for penalty.
Tue 19 Jan 2021 5:55 AM by Sepplord
Nephamael wrote:
Tue 19 Jan 2021 2:32 AM
In fact stealth on Phoenix is the weakest stealth = biggest detection radius by non stealthers of all daoc versions/servers i played.

In fact?
where do you get your facts from?

There is no truesight on Phoenix
MoS doesn't increase stealth detection on Phoenix
As long as you aren't grouped with 3-7 other stealthers, stealth on phoenix is the safest stealth i have ever experienced
Tue 19 Jan 2021 10:15 AM by SaintRon
inoeth wrote:
Tue 12 Jan 2021 9:07 AM
calling out on authorities is easy though and always has been an apropriate tool for those who are not able to reflect on themselfes
#draintheswamp

ot: stealth works as intended but in daoc many strange things happen. sometimes it looks like enemys walk a straight line up to you on purpose but in reality it was just bad luck.... the same reason why so many ppl think radar was still a big thing...

At least in the original DAOC radar was a major thing. Pretty easy to get and use. I doubt it's a thing here because it's pretty easy to sniff out, but back in the original DAOC most competitive players likely used it.
Tue 19 Jan 2021 10:28 AM by Noashakra
SaintRon wrote:
Tue 19 Jan 2021 10:15 AM
At least in the original DAOC radar was a major thing. Pretty easy to get and use. I doubt it's a thing here because it's pretty easy to sniff out, but back in the original DAOC most competitive players likely used it.

It was always impossible to find stealthers with a radar, because of how the stealth was coded in the game.
If you are in stealth, only the server know your position and the radar can't track you because it uses client side data.
Tue 19 Jan 2021 10:47 AM by Runental
Stealth full love here. Can't even kill sneaks because stealth ignores combat flag timer from DoTs
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics