You need to do something with assasins

Started 22 Dec 2020
by nixxo87
in RvR
The amount of scripting is unreal, being able to full poison in under 6 seconds and never miss a style while walking through on a viper 5 damage class is unreal. Plate tanks should at least put up a fight in 1v1's yet its not even close. Stealthers rank 7+ insta loss on any visible, need nerf inb4 flame kkbyesodumb
Tue 22 Dec 2020 5:44 AM by ExcretusMaximus
The five assassin gods of the forums are going to tear you apart. Take a look around the forum, those same five people turn every hint of an assassin change into 20 page rants about how you suck and they're balanced because two visible players can beat them.
Tue 22 Dec 2020 5:57 AM by darkstar00
nixxo87 wrote:
Tue 22 Dec 2020 4:54 AM
The amount of scripting is unreal, being able to full poison in under 6 seconds and never miss a style while walking through on a viper 5 damage class is unreal. Plate tanks should at least put up a fight in 1v1's yet its not even close. Stealthers rank 7+ insta loss on any visible, need nerf inb4 flame kkbyesodumb

Most light tanks and tanks should kill assassins...unless there is a huge rank difference.

So yes, you probably suck or are low rank.

Also, any class can use ahk / macros so thats not even a good argument.
Tue 22 Dec 2020 6:42 AM by gotwqqd
darkstar00 wrote:
Tue 22 Dec 2020 5:57 AM
nixxo87 wrote:

Most light tanks and tanks should kill assassins...unless there is a huge rank difference.

It is when you have many more factors that can be used
Like instantly swapping to your weapon from shield so you basically have no downside to LW/Pllearm etc

I’d like to see this curtailed with a timer....put it away....you have 10 second(or more?) until can be used again.
Same goes for bow....put it away for slam...gonna need wait to use it again
Tue 22 Dec 2020 7:57 AM by Stoertebecker
darkstar00 wrote:
nixxo87 wrote:

It`s following the same argumentation path like * everybody can use a buffbot *.

It`s a difference doing stuff with your own hands and your own response capabilities or doing it with a script.
Tue 22 Dec 2020 10:59 AM by gromet12
darkstar00 wrote:
nixxo87 wrote:

Then allow me to use posions on my weapons as well. Since anyone can swap weapons you're right, however I don't have a reason to swap them.
Tue 22 Dec 2020 11:02 AM by Noashakra
Well I totally agree with the scripting being a problem and making it too easy to do the evade chain.

It's the path the dev chose so we can't do anything about it. Still, with that, saying every visible is getting destoyed is false. Gotmagi, shalelu, lhei, etc, all the good solo visible will tell you they don't think assassins are OP.

But then we have the usual suspect complaining about assassins here, when they don't even have the skill to slam after a PA, and blamed it on their wifi connection...

If you are a plate tank and 6L+ and your stuggle vs asn, maybe the problem is somewhere else lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3vlPmmKrpw&ab_channel=Drunkstains
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8sYCyIdeuQ&ab_channel=UHHPvP

Then let's check the 3 guilds of excremus (not even his toons, his whole guild) :
https://herald.playphoenix.online/g/Ignorance > 6 solo kills
https://herald.playphoenix.online/g/I%20Ignorance%20I > 5 solo kills
https://herald.playphoenix.online/g/II%20Ignorance%20II > 7 solo kills
And those are the people complaining in every thread about stealthers...

Players with 0 experience about soloing, players who barely play and I am sure are terrible at playing their toons.

gromet12 wrote:
Tue 22 Dec 2020 10:59 AM
Then allow me to use posions on my weapons as well. Since anyone can swap weapons you're right, however I don't have a reason to swap them.

Wtf did I read? You do know that classes are on a different damage table? Do you know we have a spec line for poisons? Do you know all classes have differences? If you want to use poisons, roll an assassins.
I am going to start asking this "Give us shield spec and slam, without having to spec for it please, and also the damage table of the zerk, and IP too!"
Tue 22 Dec 2020 11:30 AM by Taniquetil
nixxo87 wrote:

just FYI you’re complaining about /macro and /switch two in game commands which when combined with /qbind are useful, you’re not complaining about scripting.
Tue 22 Dec 2020 11:34 AM by Taniquetil
gromet12 wrote:

Tanks can use it to swap between Shield and dual wield quickly, and regularly do, or two hander easily, different weapons also have different procs so you can use that too.

There are lots of reasons to swap weapons on a tank, Even different weapon speeds. If you think it’s useful or not is your own choice.
Tue 22 Dec 2020 11:36 AM by Noashakra
Taniquetil wrote:
Tue 22 Dec 2020 11:34 AM
gromet12 wrote:

Tanks can use it to swap between Shield and dual wield quickly, and regularly do, or two hander easily, different weapons also have different procs so you can use that too.

There are lots of reasons to swap weapons on a tank, Even different weapon speeds. If you think it’s useful or not is your own choice.

I have 4 weapons on my ranger :
1 haste proc
1 debuff d/q proc
1 LT
1 dot proc
I switch around when the proc is on or not... But sure, no reasons to swap. A tank solo should also have a shield with add dmg proc and another one with abla/LT.

But those people prefer to complain about how assassins are OP when they don't even play their class properly ;o)
Tue 22 Dec 2020 11:58 AM by Stoertebecker
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue 22 Dec 2020 5:44 AM
The five assassin gods of the forums are going to tear you apart.

He, don`t cheat with a cristal ball, it happened already
Tue 22 Dec 2020 12:16 PM by Noashakra
Stoertebecker wrote:
Tue 22 Dec 2020 11:58 AM
ExcretusMaximus wrote:

it's a given dude, like gotwqqd and ExcretusMaximus asking for nerfs blaming assassins for their lack of skill.

I will quote our dear Shalelu, you know, someone who is one of the only two visible who isn't a skald/ministel in the top 80 solo kills with more than 3000 solo kills :

Why do you think i need 3 hrs for 5 solo kills. there are maybe 5 sins left who attack me on purpose (minus the seldom low rr sins). sins under my rr are normaly easy to beat. higher and equal rr are more challenging and require same amount of ras as they use (i count viper 5 as ip or stag here). but i must clearly say that i am kind of counterspec against melee. when i use everything i have i cannot lose against a sin... which is the reason why i usualy use only one heal against them to even the chances a bit.
from my perspective: sins are misrable melees... without the debuffs and poisons i would leave most of the fights untouched. the debuffs and lifebane provide the challenge in fighting them. i dont think a nerf is needed.
Sins are the class in which you clearly see the quality difference. a bad player is so super easy to beat that i dont need any ras. a good player is always a challenge. so a nerf would be super hurtful for low rrs and "bad" players... they problem is more that the normal player see a high rr sin and get slaughter, so all sins are too good. but its not the class, its the player.
another point in this whole discussion is, that the sneak population on this server is way to high... nearly 1/3 of the people in nf are sneaks all the time. thats just crazy. when you see that many sins, the natural reaction to that is: hey i lose only against sins.

I just spoke with someone of my guild, who goes solo sometimes on a BM, and didn't know shard skin potions existed... But yeah it's always easier to blame people you can't beat.
Most people have only one weapon. Most people don't optimise their armor procs, etc etc etc...

This just in !!!
https://ibb.co/fntS6MB
RR4 hero destroying RR7 infi, how is that even possible according to this forum?
Tue 22 Dec 2020 12:41 PM by asnusia
nixxo87 wrote:

lol who makes you rosik?
Tue 22 Dec 2020 12:55 PM by gotwqqd
Noashakra wrote:
Tue 22 Dec 2020 12:16 PM
Stoertebecker wrote:
ExcretusMaximus wrote:

it's a given dude, like gotwqqd and ExcretusMaximus asking for nerfs blaming assassins for their lack of skill.

I will quote our dear Shalelu, you know, someone who is one of the only two visible who isn't a skald/ministel in the top 80 solo kills with more than 3000 solo kills :

Why do you think i need 3 hrs for 5 solo kills. there are maybe 5 sins left who attack me on purpose (minus the seldom low rr sins). sins under my rr are normaly easy to beat. higher and equal rr are more challenging and require same amount of ras as they use (i count viper 5 as ip or stag here). but i must clearly say that i am kind of counterspec against melee. when i use everything i have i cannot lose against a sin... which is the reason why i usualy use only one heal against them to even the chances a bit.
from my perspective: sins are misrable melees... without the debuffs and poisons i would leave most of the fights untouched. the debuffs and lifebane provide the challenge in fighting them. i dont think a nerf is needed.
Sins are the class in which you clearly see the quality difference. a bad player is so super easy to beat that i dont need any ras. a good player is always a challenge. so a nerf would be super hurtful for low rrs and "bad" players... they problem is more that the normal player see a high rr sin and get slaughter, so all sins are too good. but its not the class, its the player.
another point in this whole discussion is, that the sneak population on this server is way to high... nearly 1/3 of the people in nf are sneaks all the time. thats just crazy. when you see that many sins, the natural reaction to that is: hey i lose only against sins.

I just spoke with someone of my guild, who goes solo sometimes on a BM, and didn't know shard skin potions existed... But yeah it's always easier to blame people you can't beat.
Most people have only one weapon. Most people don't optimise their armor procs, etc etc etc...

This just in !!!
RR4 hero destroying RR7 infi, how is that even possible according to this forum?
Here’s the union leader
You are clueless
How would you know How skilled I am?
Or how my lag/latency affects my ability to react to an attack?
You like to attack people without knowing squat.
Admit it.... you simply don’t want to lose the massive advantage you have playing an assassin.
It’s pretty pathetic that you can’t see it for what it is if it’s all not a smokescreen
Tue 22 Dec 2020 1:04 PM by Noashakra
Someone who can't slam someone between PA and CD (1.5s, even with 300ms latency is plenty) should not be allowed to speak about how a class is OP or not.
You are an average player at best and you can't accept it.

If you play with a lot more than 300ms (which I doubt lol, even people in asia have 300ms, it's a bad excuse you gave afterward), maybe you should stop playing all together. The problem is you in all the cases.
What's next, people will complain and ask for nerfs because they don't have time to react because they play on a PC from 1996?

I am still waiting for a good player / soloer to complain about assassins, not people with 2h of total solo play on all their toons and/or with "connection problems" and unable to slam.
Tue 22 Dec 2020 1:34 PM by thirian24
gotwqqd wrote:
Tue 22 Dec 2020 12:55 PM
Noashakra wrote:
Stoertebecker wrote:
ExcretusMaximus wrote:

This just in !!!
Here’s the union leader
You are clueless
How would you know How skilled I am?
Or how my lag/latency affects my ability to react to an attack?

Didn’t you complain about this in the last QQ thread, where you were called out for this exact thing?
Tue 22 Dec 2020 1:36 PM by Noashakra
thirian24 wrote:
Tue 22 Dec 2020 1:34 PM
Didn’t you complain about this in the last QQ thread, where you were called out for this exact thing?

https://ibb.co/C7zdhgK
He did, but then said it was because of his wifi connection when I showed a video of snoke doing it and faturday said he was doing it himself...
Tue 22 Dec 2020 1:44 PM by Sepplord

Pretty nice summary...i just think the end is leaving a bit out. If 1/3 of the population are sneaks then the package they offer must be pretty nice. Probably too nice
Tue 22 Dec 2020 2:02 PM by Noashakra
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 22 Dec 2020 1:44 PM
Pretty nice summary...i just think the end is leaving a bit out. If 1/3 of the population are sneaks then the package they offer must be pretty nice. Probably too nice

I think it's what's offered to the others which suck because of the stupid red is dead mentality of this server.
I played warrior 1 week, and I became crazy, because of all the adds and zerg. You spend your time in boats to get zerged ;p I also lost nearly 1p in potions/charge etc.
It's possible NA time, but not EU time.
Tue 22 Dec 2020 2:22 PM by Sepplord
Noashakra wrote:
Tue 22 Dec 2020 2:02 PM
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 22 Dec 2020 1:44 PM

I think it's what's offered to the others which suck because of the stupid red is dead mentality of this server.
I played warrior 1 week, and I became crazy, because of all the adds and zerg. You spend your time in boats to get zerged ;p I also lost nearly 1p in potions/charge etc.
It's possible NA time, but not EU time.

yes definitely, but that doesn't change that the package sneaks pack is far more attractive than that which others get (assuming the numbers proposed earlier are correct, i haven't been checking myself in months)
if two classes are similar in combat but one has huge additional utility, then pointing towards the combat and saying "see this is quite balanced" isn't a good faith discussion

i don't think assassins or archers should fight an uphill battle in every fight, just because they get to chose their engagements. But if (IF) numbers get so skewed then apparently their weaknesses aren't properly outweighing the stealth advantage.
At that point you either further reduce their combat strength or the usefulness of stealth. If the package is too big, it's too big
Tue 22 Dec 2020 2:33 PM by Noashakra
The real advantage, it's the time you don't have to spend on boats because you don't get killed by the first small man or full group, and you have vanish once every 15mn if you get added.

The package assassin offers you is to spend less time on a boat when you play, and you will agree with me that's it's huge. Instead of nerfin sneaks, find QoL for solo visi. The staff is trying now, but for me the solution would be :

- allow solo to teleport again to solo zones
- add some kind of guardians like in PoC to avoid people forming bow towns, who will nuke people staying too long in the same zone (people would have time to heal though)
- remove the location of the zolo zones in the kill feed to avoid small man or 8 man to know in which castle the solo are
- change the duration of the poison disease to one minute, and/or add a self disease cure to all class with a 6 to 10s cast time.
Tue 22 Dec 2020 2:58 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Noashakra wrote:

Show me a single post of mine asking for an assassin nerf, I dare you.

I ask for stealth removal and an additional skill line or mechanic to make rogues visibly viable for the overall health of the server, I have never asked for a nerf.

But hey, keep making shit up, it's what you're best at.
Tue 22 Dec 2020 3:14 PM by Stoertebecker
Noashakra wrote:
Tue 22 Dec 2020 2:33 PM
- allow solo to teleport again to solo zones
- add some kind of guardians like in PoC to avoid people forming bow towns, who will nuke people staying too long in the same zone (people would have time to heal though)
- remove the location of the zolo zones in the kill feed to avoid small man or 8 man to know in which castle the solo are
- change the duration of the poison disease to one minute, and/or add a self disease cure to all class with a 6 to 10s cast time.

I missed the time with the solo zones cause i took a break. I only know the solo teleporters in the 3 OF relic keeps ( Trelleborg, Folley Lake and Moidrum? ).
If there is/wasn`t any other way to port it wouldn`t help visible solos, they`d be farmed on the way to the porter.

And back to the topic, the problem with sins is really the scripting and easy swaping. You simply see it within the first 4-6 seconds of a fight if someone is scripting/swaping/ahking a lot. Not all sins use it to the max. Swaping was always possible, but that as easy as on this server.
Tue 22 Dec 2020 3:22 PM by boridi
What are assassins scripting? After perf/backstab (if I land them), all I do is hamstring backed up by garrote and then hamstring backed up by achilles. If I land hamstring, I'll do another hamstring backed up by leaper or go straight to leaper/rib sep. Occasionally I try to land the axe evade chain but no to-hit bonus makes it tough. Switch weapons as needed between pressing buttons for styles. Snare poison and run in some cases.
Tue 22 Dec 2020 3:34 PM by Noashakra
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue 22 Dec 2020 2:58 PM
Noashakra wrote:

I ask for stealth removal and an additional skill line or mechanic to make rogues visibly viable for the overall health of the server, I have never asked for a nerf.

I want to remove the solo potential of your class, and in the mean time making visi not group you because there are only 8 slots in group and a pure tank will always do your job better (you know 2800hp+ vs 2100 full buff, crap WS, weak damage table, useless poisons in 8 mans), but I am not asking for a nerf!

I missed the time with the solo zones cause i took a break. I only know the solo teleporters in the 3 OF relic keeps ( Trelleborg, Folley Lake and Moidrum? ).
If there is/wasn`t any other way to port it wouldn`t help visible solos, they`d be farmed on the way to the porter.

You can't teleport anymore from the relic town to solo areas.

Swaping was always possible, but that as easy as on this server.

The same is true for tanks, you know, gl to switch for your shield on a BM/Merc between swings!
The /switch allow tanks to switch between weapons an procs too. and because you can't reapply dot with each swing, the effect is not that huge. Actually I am ok to remove /switch to everyone, give us the dot reapplying on each swing, and it'll increase the skill gap, and people will cry even more about how assassins are too OP
Tue 22 Dec 2020 3:39 PM by thirian24
Ashenspire wrote:
Tue 22 Dec 2020 3:14 PM
I'd gladly take a small hit to earned RPs to punish solo and small men and just kill them instead.

If people choose to willingly be at a disadvantage, that's their fault. Red is dead.

Pogmothan wrote:
Tue 22 Dec 2020 3:25 PM
Hate to say this but you could give me negative RPS, I am still jamming said people/groups period.

This mentality is why assassins are so prevalent.
Tue 22 Dec 2020 3:50 PM by Sepplord
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue 22 Dec 2020 2:58 PM

Wow, that's a new low for bad faith arguing in this forum...and the bar was already so low.
Tue 22 Dec 2020 3:56 PM by protege
I've been running around on a rank 1 - 2 warrior killing some pretty tough assassins with relative ease.

Donno what your issue is.
Tue 22 Dec 2020 4:29 PM by Hedien
There is another post in suggestion.

To me there is a bit of BS going on:
- Euloggie video: great, so many vatken / cosantoire kills. Yes, I do exactly the same with my 9L Thane, killing 2 or even 3 sneak that come to me in a row, but don't do it with the 11L NS. Significant difference in playstyle and power. Let's be honest here.
- Drunkstain: please refer to my other post to see why it is not comparable. Plate v perf, defender rage, yadda yadda...

AHK / scripting benefits on assassin versus other :
- So on a war you do what: 1 weapon rotation (mostly alternating really), 1 purge + ip maybe + one or two reactif / anytimer chain. Done. The rest is superficial. I mean just check Drunkstain video bars... he has nothing.
- On a NS/Infi... eh I don't even want to start the list as the weapon switching dimension is just huge and this scripting w. qbinds makes it trivial. Scripting benefits hugely assassins vs. visi. This scripting enables a specific playstyle : double/triple dotting. I still remember when you had to drag weapons from your inventory... this led to the inability to focus and be performing as well during the fight.

Advantage of stealther vs solo visi:
- Less time running and ability to vanish when add. Sure, yes.
- AND, nearly 100% win rate against cloth targets and/or purge/ipless targets. Let's say a BM /merc / arms / thane / hero / champ ... encounters a theurgist, caba, eldritch, shaman, chanter. What then ? If there is no convenient terrain, you get kited to death. Same cloth encounters = near 100% win rate for assassin.

That's a pretty darn good advantage if you ask me. And that's why, as a solo player I average 6k/h, 10k when stars align. While them being 11L are often at 15k and I once saw Brainstorm hit 20k/h for more than 5 hours. Should have screenshotted...

Sat/Faturday.
Tue 22 Dec 2020 4:46 PM by protege
Hedien wrote:
Tue 22 Dec 2020 4:29 PM

- Euloggie video: great, so many vatken / cosantoire kills.Yes, I do exactly the same with my 9L Thane, killing 2 or even 3 sneak that come to me in a row, but don't do it with the 11L NS. Significant difference in playstyle and power. Let's be honest here.
- Drunkstain: please refer to my other post to see why it is not comparable. Plate v perf, defender rage, yadda yadda...

- So on a war you do what: 1 weapon rotation (mostly alternating really), 1 purge + ip maybe + one or two reactif / anytimer chain. Done. The rest is superficial. I mean just check Drunkstain video bars... he has nothing.
- On a NS/Infi... eh I don't even want to start the list as the weapon switching dimension is just huge and this scripting w. qbinds makes it trivial. Scripting benefits hugely assassins vs. visi. This scripting enables a specific playstyle : double/triple dotting. I still remember when you had to drag weapons from your inventory... this led to the inability to focus and be performing as well during the fight.

- AND, nearly 100% win rate against cloth targets and/or purge/ipless targets. Let's say a BM /merc / arms / thane / hero / champ ... encounters a theurgist, caba, eldritch, shaman, chanter. What then ? If there is no convenient terrain, you get kited to death. Same cloth encounters = near 100% win rate for assassin.

That's a pretty darn good advantage if you ask me. And that's why, as a solo player I average 6k/h, 10k when stars align. While them being 11L are often at 15k and I once saw Brainstorm hit 20k/h for more than 5 hours. Should have screenshotted...

Sat/Faturday.

On a rank 1 to 2 warrior I've killed Lifti (rr11), Hophop (rr7), Pox (rr10), and many other rr7+ stealthers...

I'm not even high enough RR to distinguish between solo and grp spec ffs
Tue 22 Dec 2020 4:47 PM by Noashakra
You don't script for weapons, I click each time for the weapon I want.
Therabbin doesn't use the /switch he does it manually
if the /switch disapear, it will be the same vs good players, but for bad players who are already bad, it will hit them hard (I don't mind myself)

We are not all brainstorm : https://ibb.co/nP6HbMq

100% winrate? If moc not up and no pet that can cc then.

Also brainstorm is pierce, so yeah he has the dmg advantage on your and not on plate, like I have advatage on sb+inf, but malus on you.
but look at snoke : https://youtu.be/TyZvH_qgfLk
Tue 22 Dec 2020 4:55 PM by Hedien
I watched Snoke. Ip4 time. cross to guarantee a snare in st.
In that case, still fights every 15 min, else he dies. Like all of us.

Sat/Faturday.
Tue 22 Dec 2020 4:56 PM by Noashakra
Hedien wrote:
Tue 22 Dec 2020 4:55 PM
I watched Snoke. Ip4 time. cross to guarantee a snare in st.
In that case, still fights every 15 min, else he dies. Like all of us.

Sat/Faturday.

Yeah like my ranger so what in the end?
Asn cross to land side debuff asr too, I cross to land side stun on the ranger.
Tue 22 Dec 2020 5:00 PM by darkstar00
Hedien wrote:

- Euloggie video: great, so many vatken / cosantoire kills. Yes, I do exactly the same with my 9L Thane, killing 2 or even 3 sneak that come to me in a row, but don't do it with the 11L NS. Significant difference in playstyle and power. Let's be honest here.

Sat/Faturday.

So you're comparing your RP/hr to a rr11 NS that is really good at the game.... lol.

I'd say your RP/hr is pretty good honestly. I hover in the 5/6k an hour range myself solo... would be higher but its always 50/50 whether a fight gets added. Ia what it is.
Tue 22 Dec 2020 5:03 PM by Hedien
We are running in circle.

For you all, this is fine.
For me and many others, it is not.

You say: gitgud. we can be killed.
We say: we want to have a chance (not a guarantee) more than every 15 minutes because we want to play continuously vs. intermittently.

You say: All classes kill us caby, sm, merc, arms, thane, paladin, etc etc
We say: This is not the reality. Most of the time you kill those classes.

You say: We are strong, but not too strong.
We say: You are imbalanced.

Could we have the intellectual honesty to admit it is biased from our own experience and at the end, statistics (maybe available to GM) should be deciding?
% solo kill including assassin > 8/9/10/11L won vs. target (insert class/rank breakdown)

Sat/Faturday.
Tue 22 Dec 2020 5:17 PM by protege
Hedien wrote:
Tue 22 Dec 2020 5:03 PM
We are running in circle.

For you all, this is fine.
For me and many others, it is not.

We say: we want to have a chance (not a guarantee) more than every 15 minutes because we want to play continuously vs. intermittently.

You say: All classes kill us caby, sm, merc, arms, thane, paladin, etc etc
We say: This is not the reality. Most of the time you kill those classes.

You say: We are strong, but not too strong.
We say: You are imbalanced.

Could we have the intellectual honesty to admit it is biased from our own experience and at the end, statistics (maybe available to GM) should be deciding?
% solo kill including assassin > 8/9/10/11L won vs. target (insert class/rank breakdown)

Sat/Faturday.

I just told you I've been killing well played assassins 1v1 on a rr2 warrior -- donno what else to tell you bud.

If a rank 2 warrior is outperforming your rr9 thane, then perhaps it isn't the class itself that is the issue.
Tue 22 Dec 2020 5:19 PM by Hedien
protege wrote:
Tue 22 Dec 2020 5:17 PM
Hedien wrote:

I just told you I've been killing well played assassins 1v1 on a rr2 warrior -- donno what else to tell you bud.

If a rank 2 warrior is outperforming your rr9 thane, then perhaps it isn't the class itself that is the issue.

Gitgud spotted. You are the best player ever.

Sat/Faturday.
Tue 22 Dec 2020 5:35 PM by protege
Hedien wrote:
Tue 22 Dec 2020 5:19 PM
protege wrote:
Hedien wrote:

Sat/Faturday.

Not saying get good. I'm telling you facts. Will post an unedited video for your viewing pleasure soon.
Tue 22 Dec 2020 5:58 PM by protege
Hedien wrote:
protege wrote:
Hedien wrote:

Sat/Faturday.

https://youtu.be/Vi09Yr2kGeY

Keep in mind.. I'm rr2.
Tue 22 Dec 2020 6:13 PM by Noashakra
protege wrote:
Tue 22 Dec 2020 5:58 PM

Keep in mind.. I'm rr2.

In the mean time, zerk 4L vs NS 10L
https://streamable.com/g6l5zh
I didn't have any abla charge left to be fair...
Tue 22 Dec 2020 6:16 PM by darkstar00
Noashakra wrote:
Tue 22 Dec 2020 6:13 PM
protege wrote:

Keep in mind.. I'm rr2.

Zerks are tough, I avoid them.
Tue 22 Dec 2020 6:18 PM by Noashakra
darkstar00 wrote:
Tue 22 Dec 2020 6:16 PM
Noashakra wrote:
protege wrote:

Keep in mind.. I'm rr2.

But assassins OP, they can jump on everything I hear all day long on those forums, must be true? And I PA+CD, it's not a worst case scenario at all. I pass all my poisons, no resists.
I should make a tantrum to get those pesky zerk nerfed, because he ripped me a new hole with 6rr less...
Tue 22 Dec 2020 6:18 PM by protege
darkstar00 wrote:
Tue 22 Dec 2020 6:16 PM
Noashakra wrote:
protege wrote:

Keep in mind.. I'm rr2.

Imagine if that rr4 zerk had RA5 / double dot / damage add /use.

He wouldn't even need to pop zerk vs. Noash lol.
Tue 22 Dec 2020 6:30 PM by Stoertebecker
Hedien wrote:

Well, the reason may be that you can`t deceide wich enemy to fight or not. I don`t think that you can camp a dock/bridge for 30 mins + without getting gangbanged
You as a visible have to take them all, from rr1 up to rr12, no chance to avoid a fight.
Tue 22 Dec 2020 7:28 PM by protege
And just like that, Faturday vanishes.
Tue 22 Dec 2020 8:07 PM by boridi
Noashakra wrote:
protege wrote:

Keep in mind.. I'm rr2.

In case anyone is wondering, I am 50 LA/41 Parry/40 Axe. Reflex Attack 2, IP1, Purge 2 and used everything in that fight. Bear mode after Frosty Gaze was probably a bad idea since the crit damage wasnt very good and I have a high parry spec.
Tue 22 Dec 2020 8:39 PM by darkstar00
protege wrote:
Tue 22 Dec 2020 7:28 PM

Probably wishes Thane's had vanish as well in-game.
Tue 22 Dec 2020 8:47 PM by easytoremember
darkstar00 wrote:
Tue 22 Dec 2020 8:39 PM
protege wrote:
Tue 22 Dec 2020 7:28 PM

Probably wishes Thane's had vanish as well in-game.
Let's call it "Flash" the Thane blinds all near targets for 5 sec with brilliant display of his Thors
Make it happen
Tue 22 Dec 2020 9:22 PM by WildWilbur
Noashakra wrote:
protege wrote:

Keep in mind.. I'm rr2.

"Fake News!" (Neo)

"I demand a recount!" (Count von Count)
Tue 22 Dec 2020 11:17 PM by Taniquetil
Hedien wrote: You say: All classes kill us caby, sm, merc, arms, thane, paladin, etc etc
We say: This is not the reality. Most of the time you kill those classes..
We say: that may not be your reality, but thats not the Devs problem 🤷‍♂️

Could you have the intellectual honesty to admit it is biased from your own experience and at the end that video says more than enough for what we’ve all been trying to tell you for a while?

Or.. maybe
protege wrote:

Keep in mind.. I'm rr2.

We need to do something about Warriors... RR2 shouldnt be killing RR11 ASN 😜😂
Wed 23 Dec 2020 1:11 AM by Hedien
Beaver, I was sleeping (sorry for not being available to you exactly when you want.... entitled much?)

I looked at your video, the way I see it:
Ranks are mostly 6/7L with one 10L and one 11L. Great, you were reasonable-ish.
1st fight: Yeah ok this was a fair win. Please note that all assassin on multiple thread have agreed that engaging a heavy/hybrid should be via BS, here it was PA, so not most experienced player.
2nd fight: Oh you won without engage from assassin and crossing like crazy against a 6L with preliminary bowtown. /clap
3rd fight: Oh 6L enemy is a noob and purged a numb which led into a 2nd stun, a yet you died while major play mistake was committed. /clap /rofl spam is just petty and representative of the person behind the player. ;/
4th fight: Oh wow, yet another failed engage after a bowtown. And the enemy did not reapply dot after your purge you only had disease for last 5 sec... else you were dead too. /clap
5th fight: so visi engage, no BS or PA.... I see a pattern. Then look at the dot pattern, I don't even see a str debuff and most of the fight only 1 dot. I see a long time for reapplication too. This was definitely the best assassin play and representative. /clap.
6th fight: Oh god, yet another failed engage where you finish at less than 20% and took 0 stun. /clap

So yeah. I am going to give you kudos for:
- Showing video of failed engages. (70% of the videos, 4 out of 6)
- Showing video of noob purging your numb and still obtaining a double KO. (additional 1 out 6)
- You take virtually 0 stun in all these fights, thanks rng? or video editing showing all your wins?
- Most of the fights are in water, giving significant advantage against crossing enemies.
- You cross yourself pretty much, the 2nd video was just disgusting to watch. (if you are so good, why do it?)

So yeah, best warrior of the year. You are an hypocrite showing only advantageous videos.
The only thing your video shows, is that you can numb after PA to gotwqq. But we already knew it.

I am done with you guys.

I went through it all. gitgud: RA setup, build setup, ahk. With an open mind thinking I was the one with a performance issue. When I had the really ugly fight where I played near perfectly and should have won against Exo (only 6 free cast ... with failed purge from opponent ... and IP from my side lol), I was told : record, do a video. Here Xarriur provided video before I got the footage, and you guys vanished with your argument and instead came up with this joke of a video.

As mentioned earlier, hypocrisy (for some) and biased perception for others.

Sat/Faturday.
Wed 23 Dec 2020 1:55 AM by Taniquetil
But Faturday, did you just see a RR2 Warrior beat a RR11 assassin? Without waiting 15min for IP?

Because below it sounds like you dont think you can beat an assassin without all your RA’s up at RR9.

Hedien wrote:
Wed 23 Dec 2020 1:11 AM

Please post a vid of your fights, it’d help for context. 😂 Til then, probably quiet down a bit, because if a RR2 can do it, I sure think you can too, go get em tiger!

Ps, nerf RR2 warriors..
Wed 23 Dec 2020 2:07 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Noashakra wrote:
Tue 22 Dec 2020 3:34 PM
I want to remove the solo potential of your class, and in the mean time making visi not group you because there are only 8 slots in group and a pure tank will always do your job better (you know 2800hp+ vs 2100 full buff, crap WS, weak damage table, useless poisons in 8 mans), but I am not asking for a nerf!

So you admit you're talking out of your ass and making shit up, just like always.
Wed 23 Dec 2020 2:12 AM by protege
Hedien wrote:
Wed 23 Dec 2020 1:11 AM
Beaver, I was sleeping (sorry for not being available to you exactly when you want.... entitled much?)

I looked at your video, the way I see it:
Ranks are mostly 6/7L with one 10L and one 11L. Great, you were reasonable-ish.

I posted the fights I had.

1st fight: Yeah ok this was a fair win. Please note that all assassin on multiple thread have agreed that engaging a heavy/hybrid should be via BS, here it was PA, so not most experienced player.

I PA heavy/hybrids all the time on my assassin -- I must not be an experienced player

2nd fight: Oh you won without engage from assassin and crossing like crazy against a 6L with preliminary bowtown. /clap

Don't even know what to tell you here, bud. LOL

3rd fight: Oh 6L enemy is a noob and purged a numb which led into a 2nd stun, a yet you died while major play mistake was committed. /clap /rofl spam is just petty and representative of the person behind the player. ;/

People who vanish in 1v1s typically get rofl'd, yeah. Especially so if I sit through a perf/cd from a nightshade =)

4th fight: Oh wow, yet another failed engage after a bowtown. And the enemy did not reapply dot after your purge you only had disease for last 5 sec... else you were dead too. /clap

Look at the video -- parrying and blocking his attacks so he cannot reapply.

5th fight: so visi engage, no BS or PA.... I see a pattern. Then look at the dot pattern, I don't even see a str debuff and most of the fight only 1 dot. I see a long time for reapplication too. This was definitely the best assassin play and representative. /clap.

Difficult to reapply when I'm parrying and blocking 60%+ of their attacks

6th fight: Oh god, yet another failed engage where you finish at less than 20% and took 0 stun. /clap

rr10 vs rr2. Pox is a damn good NS, too.

So yeah. I am going to give you kudos for:
- Showing video of failed engages. (70% of the videos, 4 out of 6)
- Showing video of noob purging your numb and still obtaining a double KO. (additional 1 out 6)
- You take virtually 0 stun in all these fights, thanks rng? or video editing showing all your wins?
- Most of the fights are in water, giving significant advantage against crossing enemies.
- You cross yourself pretty much, the 2nd video was just disgusting to watch. (if you are so good, why do it?)

Habit

So yeah, best warrior of the year. You are an hypocrite showing only advantageous videos.
The only thing your video shows, is that you can numb after PA to gotwqq. But we already knew it.

I am done with you guys.

I went through it all. gitgud: RA setup, build setup, ahk. With an open mind thinking I was the one with a performance issue. When I had the really ugly fight where I played near perfectly and should have won against Exo (only 6 free cast ... with failed purge from opponent ... and IP from my side lol), I was told : record, do a video. Here Xarriur provided video before I got the footage, and you guys vanished with your argument and instead came up with this joke of a video.

As mentioned earlier, hypocrisy (for some) and biased perception for others.

Sat/Faturday.

You're a joke, Faturday.

Don't think I've ever said I was the best player (far from it), but if I can beat rr6-11 Nightshades at rr2, what is your excuse?
Wed 23 Dec 2020 3:01 AM by Hedien
protege wrote:
Wed 23 Dec 2020 2:12 AM
You're a joke, Faturday.
[/quote]

Says the guy showing numb purge and engage less fights for 5 out 6 fights to prove assassin are not too strong. Riiiiight....

Sat/Faturday.
Wed 23 Dec 2020 3:24 AM by protege
Hedien wrote:
Wed 23 Dec 2020 3:01 AM
protege wrote:
Wed 23 Dec 2020 2:12 AM
You're a joke, Faturday.

Says the guy showing numb purge and engage less fights for 5 out 6 fights to prove assassin are not too strong. Riiiiight....

Sat/Faturday.
[/quote]

After I sat through perf/cd stun? okay

Also, I keep hearing how assassins are overpowered but everything has to go in their favor... lmfao gtfo

"DURRRRRRRRR DUHHHH THE ASSASSIN DIDNT GET PERF AND CD OFF AND IF HE DID U SHOUILDNT PURGE IT OMG"
Wed 23 Dec 2020 6:40 AM by easytoremember
RR13 assassin vs RR2 warrior should be an uphill fight for the assassin
Wed 23 Dec 2020 7:40 AM by Riac
easytoremember wrote:
Wed 23 Dec 2020 6:40 AM

l fucking mao
this is literally one of those ppl you just have to walk away from. an asn with 13+ million rps and 120 realm skill points should have a hard fight vs a brand new 50 warrior with 12 realm skill points. i'm in no way saying it should be a free win, but that is quite the bold claim.
he just put up a video of dumping on r6+ asns with no ip as a r2 war and everyone says its not good enough. gg, you all suck.
faturday, i like watching you cry on the forums, keep it up. it entertains me.
Wed 23 Dec 2020 9:06 AM by Taniquetil
easytoremember wrote:

😂 well the good news is Beavercleaver just proved that it is. Balance balance you seek is already there gg close thread.

Comedy fucking gold. These last three post from Faturday, Excretus and easytoremember are amazing. I think we found where the problem is 🥴
Wed 23 Dec 2020 9:45 AM by Noashakra
easytoremember wrote:

Sound like someone who would want easy rps. Not suprised from someone who says there is no way to react bewteen PA and CD.
Mostly bad players wanting easy rps.
Even if I disagree with faturday, he is able to slam after PA while living in asia. You are just a really bad player who love to complain.
This is the silver lining here, most people want easy rps assassins, and we are the one who apparently want to keep our class OP, when most of the good visi players will tell you the assassins are balanced.
Wed 23 Dec 2020 10:51 AM by Kevan89
protege wrote:
Hedien wrote:
protege wrote:
Hedien wrote:

Sat/Faturday.

Keep in mind.. I'm rr2.
Of course you killed just lurikeens, did you notice that your hammer is bigger than them this is why you splat those poor ones.
Seriously, nice fights
Wed 23 Dec 2020 11:25 AM by Druth
Assassins (and stealthers in general) are an amazing addition to the game when they are few, adds to that excitement when you know you might get PA'd or sniped.
And in DaoC earlier days very few even played them (also because they were not very good, and to high pop). Then they became popular, and very vocal, up to a point where even assassin players wanted to nerf their own class.

It does not add to the excitement when there are over 15% (or so), and you start to expect a PA/snipe.
It also makes a low population seem even lower, because you can't engage what you can't see, so you might run past a potential fight.
And they scare away casual players, sure they can't take the heat, but that argument works best when a server is booming with constant action, not so much when it's slow.

Regarding balance 1v1, they are fine, the showcase vid is not an example of that though, good play vs bad play is not a good example.
I always found weaponswap, shield, 2H, or poison, whatever, to be a really bad design.
You should be forced to make your weaponchoice when starting a fight, not several times during.

I would have liked that have a 3 sec delay penalty, and make styles like paladin 2H stuns be a better alternative to slam. But I also understand that it would throw balance out the window (imagine PA/CD/Poisons and get purged... game over assassin), I do though think it could be dealt with in some other way.
I also think vanish should have been removed as RA and put in stealth line, with an activator, when someone dies, any player, in 100 range, you get a free no CD vanish.
That way casters would be viable targets even near allies, but tanks very dangerous.

Mainly I just wish it would be possible to have these discussions, and keep a respect of the other sides opinion. Many assassins play DaoC just for that class, it's not fun to be the scapegoat when someone had a bad day, and I also suspect many of them are really good players. But assassins also need to understand they can be unhealthy to the game when the population grows over the normal %'s (as in 8% roughly). And I've had sessions where stealthers made up 30-40%, that is really bad for the game.
Wed 23 Dec 2020 12:52 PM by Taniquetil
Druth wrote:
Wed 23 Dec 2020 11:25 AM
imagine PA/CD/Poisons and get purged... game over assassin. [if poison reapply is nerfed again]
This guy gets it.

Druth wrote:
I also think vanish should have been removed as RA and put in stealth line, with an activator, when someone dies, any player, in 100 range, you get a free no CD vanish.
That way casters would be viable targets even near allies, but tanks very dangerous.
Actually think this is a great suggestion that way u cant vanish unless you get a kill, perhaps another activator would be the number of enemies attacking you.

If stealther group size </= (enemy grp size/3) then vanish activates. Eg solo can vanish from 3+, duo vanish from 6+, trio 9+

Possibly disable this if the assassin starts the engagement with a group larger than him (eg attacks the caster in grp) otherwise it becomes abusable in combo with the previous.

But the above solves issues of 1v1 vanishes, but still gives the assassin the vanish that was most likely intended, such as bad situations or quickly after a kill.

Druth wrote:
But assassins also need to understand they can be unhealthy to the game when the population grows over the normal %'s (as in 8% roughly). And I've had sessions where stealthers made up 30-40%, that is really bad for the game.

I guess here many asn’s on the server have explained that realistically if the server was not so toxic towards visi solos or smallman they’d play a visi instead. I used to have many solo visis on previous shards and really enjoy it, this server I haven’t even wanted to waste my time due to the perma zerg/grp/coastguard steamrolls you see.

Less toxicity towards solo/small = less people resorting to stealthers, said highskills play visi toons and kill stealthers = even less stealthers.

Personally I also only group with my RL mates on visis here as I hate standing at relic towns waiting for afks/grps/buffs, just wanna go and fight. Those two factors combined means the best path for me is an assassin, plus I enjoy the lore, always have, ninja’s, hitmen, Assassins, gimme. Metal Gear Solid, shinobidu, Tenchu, Hitman, Assassin’s Creed the lot, all great fun.

Anyway, good points well made Druth

👍
Wed 23 Dec 2020 2:12 PM by Aprox
Back to the topic of this Thread:
Asassins do need to use a lot of buttons for weapon swaps in good timing. If the player is good enugh to do that, he deserves the resulting dmg output as reward. Same as tanks deserve the bonus protection/dmg, if they can swap continiously between 1h+shield and 2h for dmg while landing there positionals and chains in good timing. The Problem is AHK and similar software. The Server-rules about these add-ons are very clear. U may use AHK but timers of any kind and conditions are prohibited (no if/while/for-condition or loop). That means, u cant write a script in AHK, that gives u a full dmg weapon rotation without violating the server-rules. Same is true for scripts that give u certain positions to pull of side/back styles. It is allowed to use scripts to bind several actions to the same key, which then get executed allmost simultaniously (in fact there is a little delay between the different actions, but its in the ms range and some exemplary scripts of such kind are explicitly posted and allowed by the devs here in the forum).

The problem is, that tracking the violations is difficult. Allmost impossible afaik.
If u meet someon, whom u suspect to use such scripts, u need to record the fight, send it to the devs (after a prior request, if they are willing to investigate) and then hope for the best.
In so far i agree, there shuld be taken sufficient steps to improve the Script-violation tracking.
Wed 23 Dec 2020 3:24 PM by Taniquetil
Aprox wrote:
Wed 23 Dec 2020 2:12 PM
Asassins do need to use a lot of buttons for weapon swaps in good timing. If the player is good enugh to do that, he deserves the resulting dmg output as reward.

That means, u cant write a script in AHK, that gives u a full dmg weapon rotation without violating the server-rules. Same is true for scripts that give u certain positions to pull of side/back styles. It is allowed to use scripts to bind several actions to the same key, which then get executed allmost simultaniously.

Can guarantee that all the top sins do all this manually in different ways. Example, when I fight Beaver/Brainstorm/Dandy/Therabbin/Naas/Exo or others who you’d consider tough, i’d say theres a 100% chance that when we’ve fought, after those fights we’ve had a discussion about unfortunate resists. Not noticing a resist, failure to reapply or some other form of imperfect play which has in many senses cost one of us the fight. It’s human error, and one we all fall victim of, and it has to be close to impossible to automate something to circumvent that. That discussion after those fights is often used as a learning between us to understand what we did wrong and how to do better next time.

There are some major flaws with this assumption that these things are scripted, doing something that automates this would have so many flaws which would cost the assassin a fight, unless you could script something which knew the following:
All the below are definitely illegal according to the game rules and afaik impossible for ahk to do anyway, but happy to be told I’m wrong there
  • If something was blocked/evaded or missed
  • if it was the offhand or the mainhand that was blocked/evaded missed
  • Know what poison was resisted despite there being no information in any chat logs to figure out how to code the correct response to that resist.
  • AFAIK For fights your only option is to use your knowledge of your own rotation and keep a mental count. Disease is personally the one i find hardest as its the same as DoT and the same as DoT proc so hard to visually know which has applied and which hasnt, DoT can be seen easily as it comes up as magic damage in your chatlog but disease has very little info to visually confirm its applied, the only workaround is noticing if someones heal pot or heal proc ticks for more health than youre used to
  • It would also need to know if you were fighting a tank, or caster,or another sin, because yes if you’re really going for it you use different poison rotations, or if you’d need to use a crippling poison or not, and or when it would need to be used.
  • It’d also need to know if the opponent purged, and what the opponents health was like compared to your own to decide the order of reapplication, before starting all the above all over again.
  • If it were also timing those poison changes it’d need to know your exact swing speed, and factor in if you were haste and or d/q debuffed and by how much. A single numb, or combat out of range/vision would entirely break any kind of timed rotation anyway?

Even writing this out as a train of thought is pretty overwhelming. If it didnt do all the above it would inevitably apply Poisons incorrectly if things were blocked/missed/evaded/parried or resisted, and it wouldnt allow you to react to any mishaps, which would inevitably cost the assassin a lot of fights and perform far worse than a regular player.

Side note, a flaw on this server is that many of the poison applications have the same animation effect as each other so its even harder to know what poisons are applied or resisted visually.

Aprox wrote:
The problem is, that tracking the violations is difficult. Allmost impossible afaik.
Trust me the devs would have no issue tracking something that was able to do what you suggest it would have to be similar to afk farming scripts, for which many people have been banned, but worse. But as I said above actually doing what you’re suggesting would to my understanding be entirely impossible with AHK anyway.
Wed 23 Dec 2020 3:57 PM by darkstar00
Taniquetil wrote:
Wed 23 Dec 2020 3:24 PM
Aprox wrote:
Asassins do need to use a lot of buttons for weapon swaps in good timing. If the player is good enugh to do that, he deserves the resulting dmg output as reward.

That means, u cant write a script in AHK, that gives u a full dmg weapon rotation without violating the server-rules. Same is true for scripts that give u certain positions to pull of side/back styles. It is allowed to use scripts to bind several actions to the same key, which then get executed allmost simultaniously.

Can guarantee that all the top sins do all this manually in different ways. Example, when I fight Beaver/Brainstorm/Dandy/Therabbin/Naas/Exo or others who you’d consider tough, i’d say theres a 100% chance that when we’ve fought, after those fights we’ve had a discussion about unfortunate resists. Not noticing a resist, failure to reapply or some other form of imperfect play which has in many senses cost one of us the fight. It’s human error, and one we all fall victim of, and it has to be close to impossible to automate something to circumvent that. That discussion after those fights is often used as a learning between us to understand what we did wrong and how to do better next time.

There are some major flaws with this assumption that these things are scripted, doing something that automates this would have so many flaws which would cost the assassin a fight, unless you could script something which knew the following:
All the below are definitely illegal according to the game rules and afaik impossible for ahk to do anyway, but happy to be told I’m wrong there
  • If something was blocked/evaded or missed
  • if it was the offhand or the mainhand that was blocked/evaded missed
  • Know what poison was resisted despite there being no information in any chat logs to figure out how to code the correct response to that resist.
  • AFAIK For fights your only option is to use your knowledge of your own rotation and keep a mental count. Disease is personally the one i find hardest as its the same as DoT and the same as DoT proc so hard to visually know which has applied and which hasnt, DoT can be seen easily as it comes up as magic damage in your chatlog but disease has very little info to visually confirm its applied, the only workaround is noticing if someones heal pot or heal proc ticks for more health than youre used to
  • It would also need to know if you were fighting a tank, or caster,or another sin, because yes if you’re really going for it you use different poison rotations, or if you’d need to use a crippling poison or not, and or when it would need to be used.
  • It’d also need to know if the opponent purged, and what the opponents health was like compared to your own to decide the order of reapplication, before starting all the above all over again.
  • If it were also timing those poison changes it’d need to know your exact swing speed, and factor in if you were haste and or d/q debuffed and by how much. A single numb, or combat out of range/vision would entirely break any kind of timed rotation anyway?

Even writing this out as a train of thought is pretty overwhelming. If it didnt do all the above it would inevitably apply Poisons incorrectly if things were blocked/missed/evaded/parried or resisted, and it wouldnt allow you to react to any mishaps, which would inevitably cost the assassin a lot of fights and perform far worse than a regular player.

Side note, a flaw on this server is that many of the poison applications have the same animation effect as each other so its even harder to know what poisons are applied or resisted visually.

Aprox wrote:
Trust me the devs would have no issue tracking something that was able to do what you suggest it would have to be similar to afk farming scripts, for which many people have been banned, but worse. But as I said above actually doing what you’re suggesting would to my understanding be entirely impossible with AHK anyway.

Yeah I was confused by this post as there is so much randomness in fights there is no way to "script" a fight out against enemies. I think there is a fundamental misunderstanding people have of AHK and macros... lol.

If people aren't using AHK/Macros then sorry you aren't playing your class to the fullest on this server and they do help to get the most out of your class, especially assassins where there is so much micro-managing with wep swaps and trying to hit the right style each attack. I'd say once you are good with wep swaps and such assassin is the easiest class to play on this server there isn't much to them like other classes. We only have to worry about the evade reactionary that's it... no evade/parry/block reactionaries or positionals. I honestly thought playing a VW was harder than a sin.
Wed 23 Dec 2020 6:55 PM by Noashakra
I did 4 clean duels today with my BM. it's add after add after zerg. This server is full of trash player, and it's the reason why most solo players play assassins.
Just now at the relic gate, duo skald + SB. You can't do anything with a solo visi without speed, it has nothing to do with the pure power level.
Wed 23 Dec 2020 8:31 PM by darkstar00
Noashakra wrote:
Wed 23 Dec 2020 6:55 PM
I did 4 clean duels today with my BM. it's add after add after zerg. This server is full of trash player, and it's the reason why most solo players play assassins.
Just now at the relic gate, duo skald + SB. You can't do anything with a solo visi without speed, it has nothing to do with the pure power level.

I find it ironic when solo vissie's complain about zergs/adds... one should already know what its going to be like out there on the battlefield before going down that path as a non-stealth/speed class. Not saying you're complaining here more than pointing out the reality.
Wed 23 Dec 2020 10:04 PM by Blitze
I normally wouldn’t complain as I 100% know that solo-visi playstyle is soul destroying. I still like it and i don’t have the friends to play 8man.

However, solo visis are complaining atm as the playstyle is becoming harder, and people are quitting it, which worsens then problem.

——reasons why is getting harder———
1. Less people in RvR full stop... this means no action outside taskzone/docks
2. No gained respect over time (ie Known long term soloers still get insta zerged by anything bigger)
3. Lots of Archer classes with fundamental abilities that make them great at adding.
4. High assassin population means only visi classes that have a chance to kill them (ie no casters) are acceptable soloers.
5. The task tick causes people to play short n hard adding everything + burning actives to then afk for 25-30min
6. High cost of upkeep (ie Buff-pots/endpot to keep reapplying when dying)
7. You get more RPs hitting doors in the Zerg.
8. More and more high RRs (inc. me as a rr8) that make new people or starting with alts hard.

There must be more reasons.
Thu 24 Dec 2020 12:23 PM by DJ2000
Blitze wrote:
Wed 23 Dec 2020 10:04 PM
——reasons why is getting harder———
1. Less people in RvR full stop... this means no action outside taskzone/docks
2. No gained respect over time (ie Known long term soloers still get insta zerged by anything bigger)
3. Lots of Archer classes with fundamental abilities that make them great at adding.
4. High assassin population means only visi classes that have a chance to kill them (ie no casters) are acceptable soloers.
5. The task tick causes people to play short n hard adding everything + burning actives to then afk for 25-30min
6. High cost of upkeep (ie Buff-pots/endpot to keep reapplying when dying)
7. You get more RPs hitting doors in the Zerg.
8. More and more high RRs (inc. me as a rr8) that make new people or starting with alts hard.
1. The statement is true, but its not just "a cause" in this case. It has always been like that. Task/dock or any Choke point really, be it a Gate or whatever, were always the places with the most action. Anything that is not near or close or "on-the-way" there was slow in comparison. There were also the "farming spots that are usually somewhat frequented by both sides, but in general that is really nothing new.
The truth in that statement is not by "place" as you described it, as it could be easy to establish a "common place" among the players via 3rd party communication to keep it away from "predators". It is the fact that fewer people in RvR result in also less variety. Less variation. Everything becomes more...focused and trimmed. Seen and confronted Classes, types of players, etc. will become dwindled down to the "same old same old". Like, for example, your Nr.4 also points out, where certain classes/players will simply be the only ones left.

2. That is the Fantasy of every MMORPG player, or any kind of MMO. Its a community thing. Cant force it, cant restrict it. Usually trying to push in any of those directions results funnily enough the opposite effect, but that is beside the point. The thing is, for something like that to happen there has to "happen 1 of 3 things.
A - The general mindset (or a big portion of it, if not the majority) of the Playerbase has to accept "respect" visi-Solo players.
B - "Names/players" and "reputation" are known among the player base for them to be recognized.
C - Certain implementations has to be established were other rulesets/mindests are known and accepted within that group of people.
While "A" would be the most favorable result, as that would make this, or any for that matter, Playstyle a part of the community; It is "B" that these visi-solo Players usually long for, which contrary to "A" is by nature secluded from the community and not being part of it with the "Me and Them" mentality. ("they" recognize "me" ). That already will always be a cause of friction, as there is a "demanding" part to it. (you could also say, egoistic/egocentric).
"C" would be a complete separation that is or would be at odds with the rest of the community; examples "Thid" Community, GvG community.

Then there is also the aspect of the general nature of the Playerbase of a given Server. People dont come to this server without knowing about DaoC or playing it before. So they come tainted by whatever they were part before or remember being part of. By demographic, this server having few younger players, there can not happen any big shift in any direction to everyone's opinion, as "adults" are usually quite steadfast in their beliefs and/or simply ignore/dismiss any notion about stuff they dont know too much about.
Additionally, there is also the aspect of "not knowing/not caring". The bigger the player count of a Server, the bigger the portion of players that are not invested in playstyles/names/whatever. Casuals. Logging in to play a bit and log out. There are not part of forums, barely talk to anyone else beside friends in the game or outside, maybe not even invested in the server/game at all and just hanging around with said friends. This gets "better" if numbers gets lower, as the more invested community would remain, but that has its own problems.

3. I am not sharing your view for this point as much as the others. As Classes are fine in my opinion (Archer and assassins). It's their numbers %-wise that is the problem. I will never blame the class, but i can blame the players.
A Server is never frozen in time, there will be always be changes to influence players, be it internal or external ones. The server may set a course in a certain direction, but in the end, its always up to the players.

4. There are some casters that can do it too. The Most important aspect to it are the players and what they set out to do. If your goal is to deal with the Assassins and try to play a class that can "help" you the most to accomplish said goal, then it is not the same as someone who is not trying to fight specifically against them, but trying to be visi-solo in general and all the aspects you need to check for it to be an enjoyable experience (speed, stealth, CC, Gear, Pet, etc.).
Your statement is true though, the playstyle gets more one-sided or specialized to deal with said problem. If too many BMs/Mercs/Bers would be around, then it would mean a flood of casters. You know, like natural order to balance things. The Problem is when some of these "solvers" were to go instinct, or the amount of players that are involved in these cycles get too few to even create or resolve these cycles. Then it gets stale, just as you were saying.

5. That is a server made player problem. The min/max Result based mindset that doesn't want to fight in a "weakened" state, as the best result can be best achieved in the "most optimal" state. A mindset and belief that sets "being right" = "winning". Title hunters, Herald champions.
Maybe not all of them, but most could play more actively if they choose to do so, but why would they? Server Rules/rewards are known, not playing something to its fullest potential is a waste or bad play (=bad players) in general.
Bad plays are bad, good plays a good. They want good plays and good plays only. Efficiency is key. They might not win without timers, even if they could. Even if the timers are not needed or could be invested in something else. The Problem is: if they win = they are right.
The lower part of these people? They can do it while doing something else. The Server allows/rewards them, and it can be achieved with low investments (be it time, effort, etc.) and leaves them open to do something else in the meantime. Maybe something more important, maybe not.
Does someone have a right to blame them? How many times did you (or anyone) wait for the "tick" before logging out? It's a confrontation of beliefs.

6. I am not sharing your view of this point at all. So you suggest lowering the costs? Or removing the upkeep? Maybe remove the pots/gear aspect in total?
I guess in essence, you are trying to say that it's not "rewarding" enough for all the "effort" to put in(put up with). That is something i agree with, currently.
But don't bring "costs" up at all, that's just silly. Will never lead to any kind of constructive conversation.

7. What does this has to do with anything? If you want to be a result based player, then i suggest you hit doors with the zerg then.
Is it that you want the visi-solo playstyle to be "most" lucrative? Then you might need to find a server that promotes it better than phoenix. As phoenix wants to be a place where all playstyle can coexist with each other.
You want it to be more rewarding so more people be part of it? Then expect more Nr.5 than there is already.
Bias for or against anything won’t get you anything. The opposite will happen in fact, whatever you get out of your "play" will even be diminished by it.

8. That is true. That will always be true, unless a new server starts or an existing one resets. But that only would diminish the "powerlevel" of your opposition, not enhance the experience or your participation as such in itself.
I, and i speak for myself here, would rather have names/players in the higher echelons to ask/guide/compete with than be part of race.
The former i consider an experience about quality that is timeless, and the later an experience about speed that is a one-time affair.
The former i consider stepping up/into being part of something ongoing, and the later a confrontation of "Me vs Rest".
That's just my opinion. Nobody has to share it. Its basically just a romanticization.
Those higher echelons names/players could also be just pricks that you don't even want to compete or even interact with at all. Again, its the players that decide the server.
Fri 25 Dec 2020 12:38 PM by Aprox
1. I dont play
Taniquetil wrote:
But as I said above actually doing what you’re suggesting would to my understanding be entirely impossible with AHK anyway.

It is possible with some addons. U need a way to read out the chatlog. A quick google search gives u plenty of options. i found atleast one which should not be trackable, cause it basicly just reads out a certain area of a screenshot, which is made whenever u need it. With that information, u can feed all the needed information (reading out a txt-file and string recognition) into AHK and use standard programming conditions to write ur dmg-rotations.

You are right, writing a full fight with all possibilities is quite difficult (still possible, since the number of possible outcomes is limited and therefore the number of "branches" the fight can go is limited too). Everyone with some background in Maths, Physics or IT should be able to do that given enough time. But even a shorter dmg rotation, not a full fight, would give one a significant edge over the opponent.

With the tracking: I dont know how easyly it is detected. But i geuess its is much more difficult than detecting afk farming because the regularity in actions is missing. The pattern is missing. There should be no detectable difference between a command, which is sent by AHK and one which is sent by ur mouse. An if there is one, atleast the conditions, used in AHK, cant be read out directly. They can detect them only by some kind of pattern recognition.

However, i never said many people use illegal AHK-scripts. I have encounterd many people, which move in a very suspectable way to evade or land positionals. But thats all. To be honest, i dont care if they do. I only run solo with my mentalist and only from time to time, and with casters it doesnt matter.

I only tried to give the OP an helpful answer to his problem: If he suspects someone to use illegal AHK scripts, record it and get in contact with the devs. If they dont use illegal AHK-commands and still kill him, they deserv it, due to their skill.
Fri 25 Dec 2020 2:53 PM by dbeattie71
Noashakra wrote:
Wed 23 Dec 2020 6:55 PM

Yeah, on Hib right now if you don’t have stealth or sos you’re going to get run over by 4x the numbers. And even with stealth, if you happen to find a fight, 4x will unstealth and run you over.
Fri 25 Dec 2020 4:44 PM by dbeattie71
Aprox wrote:
Fri 25 Dec 2020 12:38 PM
1. I dont play
Taniquetil wrote:
But as I said above actually doing what you’re suggesting would to my understanding be entirely impossible with AHK anyway.

It is possible with some addons. U need a way to read out the chatlog. A quick google search gives u plenty of options. i found atleast one which should not be trackable, cause it basicly just reads out a certain area of a screenshot, which is made whenever u need it. With that information, u can feed all the needed information (reading out a txt-file and string recognition) into AHK and use standard programming conditions to write ur dmg-rotations.

You are right, writing a full fight with all possibilities is quite difficult (still possible, since the number of possible outcomes is limited and therefore the number of "branches" the fight can go is limited too). Everyone with some background in Maths, Physics or IT should be able to do that given enough time. But even a shorter dmg rotation, not a full fight, would give one a significant edge over the opponent.

With the tracking: I dont know how easyly it is detected. But i geuess its is much more difficult than detecting afk farming because the regularity in actions is missing. The pattern is missing. There should be no detectable difference between a command, which is sent by AHK and one which is sent by ur mouse. An if there is one, atleast the conditions, used in AHK, cant be read out directly. They can detect them only by some kind of pattern recognition.

However, i never said many people use illegal AHK-scripts. I have encounterd many people, which move in a very suspectable way to evade or land positionals. But thats all. To be honest, i dont care if they do. I only run solo with my mentalist and only from time to time, and with casters it doesnt matter.

I only tried to give the OP an helpful answer to his problem: If he suspects someone to use illegal AHK scripts, record it and get in contact with the devs. If they dont use illegal AHK-commands and still kill him, they deserv it, due to their skill.

The chat log is delayed for this very reason. You have to hook game.dll and read memory to get immediate chat log and other required info. Doing this is trackable but becomes a cat and mouse game of hiding and detection.
Fri 25 Dec 2020 4:55 PM by PoisonClovers
high RR assassins' have always been gods in this game. has nothing to do with macros or weapon switching. AOM> Viper 5 if you haven't figured that out yet.
Fri 25 Dec 2020 8:07 PM by darkstar00
PoisonClovers wrote:
Fri 25 Dec 2020 4:55 PM
high RR assassins' have always been gods in this game. has nothing to do with macros or weapon switching. AOM> Viper 5 if you haven't figured that out yet.

If you're high rr assassin you can have both.
Fri 25 Dec 2020 9:44 PM by Astaa
Isn't this the same page after page of circular argument as the last thread?
Fri 25 Dec 2020 10:02 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Astaa wrote:
Fri 25 Dec 2020 9:44 PM

Yep, just like I said it would be in the first reply.
Fri 25 Dec 2020 10:52 PM by easytoremember
Astaa wrote:
Fri 25 Dec 2020 9:44 PM
It's steadily spiraling towards something
Sat 26 Dec 2020 4:14 PM by darkstar00
Don't fight many tanks but was forced to fight an RR3 Armsman and literally couldn't reapply my poisons got parry'd 5/6 attacks lmao.

Maybe you should try a pure tank / light tank
Sat 26 Dec 2020 6:10 PM by gotwqqd
darkstar00 wrote:
Sat 26 Dec 2020 4:14 PM
Don't fight many tanks but was forced to fight an RR3 Armsman and literally couldn't reapply my poisons got parry'd 5/6 attacks lmao.

You can’t reapply poisons
You pre apply the poisons to a dozen weapons in inventory and use /switch to swap weapons
Sat 26 Dec 2020 6:11 PM by ExcretusMaximus
gotwqqd wrote:
Sat 26 Dec 2020 6:10 PM
You pre apply the poisons to a dozen weapons in inventory and use /switch to swap weapons

Pretty sure they meant reapply them to the enemy after a Purge, due to being parried so often.
Sat 26 Dec 2020 6:15 PM by protege
gotwqqd wrote:
darkstar00 wrote:

Good to know we have people playing semantics here... Really productive, genius. You know exactly what he meant by not being able to apply poisons to the Armsman, as will anyone who reads his post.
Sat 26 Dec 2020 6:27 PM by gotwqqd
protege wrote:
Sat 26 Dec 2020 6:15 PM
gotwqqd wrote:
darkstar00 wrote:

Good to know we have people playing semantics here... Really productive, genius. You know exactly what he meant by not being able to apply poisons to the Armsman, as will anyone who reads his post.
What an ass....
What do you know about what I do?
I quickly read a post and assumed it’s someone who doesn’t know the mechanics.
Nothing in the post I quoted clarifies what he was actually doing. Any because he pointed out all the parry, I was under the belief he thought that made it impossible to apply.
Get off your pedestal.
Sat 26 Dec 2020 8:56 PM by darkstar00
gotwqqd wrote:
Sat 26 Dec 2020 6:27 PM
protege wrote:
gotwqqd wrote:
darkstar00 wrote:

What an ass....
Nothing in the post I quoted clarifies what he was actually doing. Any because he pointed out all the parry, I was under the belief he thought that made it impossible to apply.
Get off your pedestal.

LOL any capable assassin reading this thread would know I was talking about reapplying poisons after a purge. In what scenario does the term "reapply poisons" ever get used outside of that?

Thanks for assuming I don't know how to play the assassins class though.
Sat 26 Dec 2020 9:09 PM by gotwqqd
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sat 26 Dec 2020 6:11 PM
gotwqqd wrote:

Pretty sure they meant reapply them to the enemy after a Purge, due to being parried so often.
Yea I guess your right surely

But when I read it I locked on reapplying to weapons.
Sat 26 Dec 2020 9:10 PM by gotwqqd
darkstar00 wrote:
Sat 26 Dec 2020 8:56 PM
gotwqqd wrote:
protege wrote:
gotwqqd wrote:
darkstar00 wrote:

What an ass....
Get off your pedestal.

LOL any capable assassin reading this thread would know I was talking about reapplying poisons after a purge. In what scenario does the term "reapply poisons" ever get used outside of that?

Like I’m expected to know you....
Sat 26 Dec 2020 10:04 PM by darkstar00
gotwqqd wrote:
Sat 26 Dec 2020 9:10 PM
darkstar00 wrote:
gotwqqd wrote:
protege wrote:
gotwqqd wrote:
darkstar00 wrote:

What an ass....
Get off your pedestal.

My character name is in my sig, the only char I play in RVR. If you actually played I'm sure you would know.
Sat 26 Dec 2020 10:19 PM by gotwqqd
darkstar00 wrote:
Sat 26 Dec 2020 10:04 PM
gotwqqd wrote:
darkstar00 wrote:
gotwqqd wrote:
protege wrote:
gotwqqd wrote:
darkstar00 wrote:

What an ass....
Get off your pedestal.

My character name is in my sig, the only char I play in RVR. If you actually played I'm sure you would know.
I play all the realms and don’t know your name or it simply isn’t prevelant
Sat 26 Dec 2020 10:27 PM by Tenny
I look forward to buying IP3 on my hunter just so assassins can nullify it in about 3 swings <3
Sat 26 Dec 2020 11:00 PM by darkstar00
Tenny wrote:
Sat 26 Dec 2020 10:27 PM
I look forward to buying IP3 on my hunter just so assassins can nullify it in about 3 swings <3

True story 😅
Sat 26 Dec 2020 11:52 PM by protege
gotwqqd wrote:
Sat 26 Dec 2020 10:19 PM
darkstar00 wrote:
gotwqqd wrote:
darkstar00 wrote:
gotwqqd wrote:
protege wrote:
gotwqqd wrote:
darkstar00 wrote:

What an ass....
Get off your pedestal.

I always find it laughable when some anon-poster criticizes someone with their characters' names in their sig.
Sat 26 Dec 2020 11:55 PM by Noashakra
(Almost) Everyone got that he was speaking a about the armsman defense.

got parry'd 5/6 attacks
Sun 27 Dec 2020 1:12 AM by darkstar00
Noashakra wrote:
Sat 26 Dec 2020 11:55 PM
(Almost) Everyone got that he was speaking a about the armsman defense.

got parry'd 5/6 attacks

We call that the RNG butt fuck.
Sun 27 Dec 2020 2:50 AM by gotwqqd
protege wrote:
Sat 26 Dec 2020 11:52 PM
gotwqqd wrote:
darkstar00 wrote:
gotwqqd wrote:
darkstar00 wrote:
gotwqqd wrote:
protege wrote:
gotwqqd wrote:
darkstar00 wrote:

What an ass....
Get off your pedestal.

I always find it laughable when some anon-poster criticizes someone with their characters' names in their sig.
You’re ridiculous
I never criticized anyone....open your eyes and stop projecting
Sun 27 Dec 2020 3:38 AM by protege
gotwqqd wrote:
Sun 27 Dec 2020 2:50 AM
protege wrote:
Sat 26 Dec 2020 11:52 PM
gotwqqd wrote:
darkstar00 wrote:
gotwqqd wrote:
darkstar00 wrote:
gotwqqd wrote:
protege wrote:
gotwqqd wrote:
darkstar00 wrote:

What an ass....
Get off your pedestal.

You’re ridiculous
I never criticized anyone....open your eyes and stop projecting

Sure thing, Mr. I solo 90% of the time
Sun 27 Dec 2020 4:08 AM by protege
https://youtu.be/UFjlRQ4khQU

New fight drop. This one is for you, Faturday --

rr3 Warrior vs rr7 Nightshade (who is a good player) also gets perf off.
Sun 27 Dec 2020 4:59 AM by Hedien
protege wrote:
Sun 27 Dec 2020 4:08 AM

I stopped the video after numb purge. You expose lower skilled players, that's not very nice for them and certainly not representative of class potential.
You never learn ;/

Sat/Faturday.
Sun 27 Dec 2020 5:05 AM by protege
Hedien wrote:
Sun 27 Dec 2020 4:59 AM
protege wrote:
Sun 27 Dec 2020 4:08 AM

I stopped the video after numb purge. You expose lower skilled players, that's not very nice for them and certainly not representative of class potential.
You never learn ;/

Sat/Faturday.

Where did he numb purge?

It was slam. He wasn't stunned for the remainder of the fight.

Keep making your bs excuses tho
Sun 27 Dec 2020 5:11 AM by Hedien
I could not see the animation, and you did not stay on him. I assumed. Maybe I was wrong.
Why would you slam someone after a PA vs. numbing?
Why would a stealth PA instead of BS a tank?
Why would the PA not have WS/Str debuff on it?

This is not representative.
Sun 27 Dec 2020 5:30 AM by protege
Hedien wrote:
Sun 27 Dec 2020 5:11 AM
I could not see the animation, and you did not stay on him. I assumed. Maybe I was wrong.

To stop you from bitching, in case someone made a mistake.

I'm low RR, perhaps he thought my purge was down -- didn't matter, he didn't CD... he evade stunned me.

I resisted -- happens more often than you may believe.

Okay.. So how many fights do you think I've had vs. solo assassins? From my previous video you said 0 are representative, and now this one as well.

Why don't you make an assassin and 1v1 my warrior, then? I'll let you perf (OR BACKSTAB LOL).

Edit: Read the quote for answers to your questions.
Sun 27 Dec 2020 9:16 AM by Taniquetil
Hedien wrote:

to make it more representative...and oh gee golly, he switched with good enough speed and used his movement to hide the weapon animation as such he confused you as to if it was numb or slam... maybe learn from that? 😂

Hedien wrote:

100% of sins are PAing a flammen vakten, Backstab is a choice vs tanks when the assumption is that Purge might be up. Like Slam vs Numb or a diff shorter duration stun. PA was correct for the sin in this case, he was playing the odds.

To be clear, backstab is better vs high RR tanks when the odds are high that purge is up.

If the tanks purge is down....backstab is actually worse, but its a cost benefit risk to play this way.

Assume someone always has their RA’s up and you’ll be in a stronger position overall to win the fight generally, even if it makes it harder than say a PA+Cd with no purge.

This is why many (not all) top sins prefer backstab, even if PA is actually better dmg wise and 10x better when purge is down

Hedien wrote:
13% resist rate or something like that look at the white resist star above the tanks head, actually ends up being way higher for good sins, as they likely notice resists at the end of previous fights meaning they've had 4 or 5 successful poisons already, meaning the %chance equaliser on this server is actually already ticking up again so in many cases is 50% resist chance (I’d guess that 75%+ of the server doesn’t really get this concept). Its why most sins, myself included, feel as if snare poison has a 100% resist rate 😂

Having this happen isnt exactly a huge issue either way as Beaver purged 2 secs later after being stunned, again since the sin would have guessed that there was no purge on a flammen vakten.

Hedien wrote:

This is representative, it just doesnt fit your narrative. Not resisting Wscon wouldnt have change this fight
  • He ate a PA
  • He slammed the target
  • both he and the sin purged
  • he didnt use IP or any other RAs
  • He isnt even RR5 so doesnt get his AF boost or damage boost
  • He’s too low RR to spec in to many damage or defensive RA’s
  • This looks very similar to the level of fight Exo was able to give me on his warrior, it’s not surprising at all]

Honestly at this point in time Faturday, you’re just dismissing things that dont fit your version of reality, similar to flat earthers and moon landing deniers, just because you personally have not experienced it does not mean it is not real.
Sun 27 Dec 2020 10:55 AM by Hedien
Sure. To quote Tani: I'm bored, ya got me.

I am the worst player ever, I need to get realistic, I am lying on all my fights actual happenings.
Obviously videos shown are super representative and assassins, are far from being OP, maybe underpowered?

I will go back to my simpleton, mediocre player life without the whine and let your cab...team of friendly players go find another topic to bring back to the right direction.
I might from time to time post a video for you to explain me my wrongdoings, and how all of this is totally normal. I will surely benefit from your infinite wisdom to simply better perform.

For other people that agree with me. They are obviously in the wrong as well, I will become your vassal and preach for them to see the light. Rest assured.

I think it would be cool that the DEV monitor each class solo kill performance and win rate against specific targets and broken down by ranks.
I am sure assassin will never be exposed, but I just humbly think it would be a good control mechanism. A wet dream of mine would be to have this data public... but I am unsure it is the way. (TM The Mandalorian)

Sat/Faturday.
Sun 27 Dec 2020 11:22 AM by Taniquetil
Hedien wrote:
Sun 27 Dec 2020 10:55 AM
I might from time to time post a video for you to explain me my wrongdoings, and how all of this is totally normal. I will surely benefit from your infinite wisdom to simply better perform.

Happy to help. None of us are perfect but lots of us love the game enough to help analyse these moments and help you out.

Hedien wrote:
I think it would be cool that the DEV monitor each class solo kill performance and win rate against specific targets and broken down by ranks.

Youre only going to get good data from good players facing off against each other, as with all things data, you need to take human error out of the equation as much as possible if its going to be relevant. In general, yep that would be nice to see.
Sun 27 Dec 2020 4:06 PM by Stoertebecker
Hedien wrote:

I am the worst player ever, I need to get realistic, I am lying on all my fights actual happenings.
Obviously videos shown are super representative and assassins, are far from being OP, maybe underpowered?

I will go back to my simpleton, mediocre player life without the whine and let your cab...team of friendly players go find another topic to bring back to the right direction.

For other people that agree with me. They are obviously in the wrong as well, I will become your vassal and preach for them to see the light. Rest assured.

I am sure assassin will never be exposed, but I just humbly think it would be a good control mechanism. A wet dream of mine would be to have this data public... but I am unsure it is the way. (TM The Mandalorian)

Sat/Faturday.

You should have known what will happen in a discussion about nerfing assassins. It was the same as archers were nerfed.

The own preffered class is never OP.
Sun 27 Dec 2020 4:29 PM by protege
Stoertebecker wrote:
Sun 27 Dec 2020 4:06 PM
Hedien wrote:

Sat/Faturday.

You should have known what will happen in a discussion about nerfing assassins. It was the same as archers were nerfed.

Judging by the fights I've posted, would you not say assassins are somewhat balanced? I'm not saying they're underpowered or lack strength in the solo game, but can you not agree that it is possible to kill assassins with tanks with relative ease?
Sun 27 Dec 2020 4:44 PM by thirian24
These threads are beyond comical.
Sun 27 Dec 2020 5:23 PM by Blitze
Yup.

Assassins are obviously good here (Their popularity and RP stats show that). Are they overpowered it’s hard to say, (vanish is stupidly Useful, as it’s the best QoL button for a soloer).

In my mind: At similar RR/skill lvl in 1v1s:
Casters should kill tanks
Tanks should kill assassins
Assassins should kill casters

However, the above doesn’t work on Phoenix as assassins can kill tanks fine (Or vanish away) and are everywhere and solo casters don’t exist.

Until there is a healthy visi solo game with various classes, then trying to fix assassins who are a class designed to 1v1, seems pointless.
Sun 27 Dec 2020 6:04 PM by protege
Blitze wrote:
Sun 27 Dec 2020 5:23 PM
Yup.

Assassins are obviously good here (Their popularity and RP stats show that). Are they overpowered it’s hard to say, (vanish is stupidly Useful, as it’s the best QoL button for a soloer).

In my mind: At similar RR/skill lvl in 1v1s:
Casters should kill tanks
Tanks should kill assassins
Assassins should kill casters

However, the above doesn’t work on Phoenix as assassins can kill tanks fine (Or vanish away) and are everywhere and solo casters don’t exist.

Until there is a healthy visi solo game with various classes, then trying to fix assassins who are a class designed to 1v1, seems pointless.

I think tanks kill assassins pretty easily on Phoenix.

As previously stated, my merc can take out 2-3 assassins with ease (RA5 + DT?), my warrior does just fine 1v1.
Sun 27 Dec 2020 6:27 PM by Stoertebecker
protege wrote:
Sun 27 Dec 2020 4:29 PM
Stoertebecker wrote:
Hedien wrote:

Sat/Faturday.

Judging by the fights I've posted, would you not say assassins are somewhat balanced? I'm not saying they're underpowered or lack strength in the solo game, but can you not agree that it is possible to kill assassins with tanks with relative ease?

I`ve seen rr8 warriors loosing fights against rr3 asassins. Just because you can do it doesn`t mean everybody else can do it.

I don`t think that we need to discuss that assassins are not that op against full tanks, and there`s a reason why you picked a warrior, or not?
Sun 27 Dec 2020 6:43 PM by gromet12
Stoertebecker wrote:
Sun 27 Dec 2020 6:27 PM
I`ve seen rr8 warriors loosing fights against rr3 asassins. Just because you can do it doesn`t mean everybody else can do it.

I don`t think that we need to discuss that assassins are not that op against full tanks, and there`s a reason why you picked a warrior, or not?

41parry has something to do with it plus a 34% asr off parry follow up and decent stackable bleed off lambast.

Wars are fun and can do very well against DW classes, but he plays the most defensive higher dmg factor nothing to spend points on class in the game, and frankly with all that going towards the war class the fights shouldn’t even be close but they are
Sun 27 Dec 2020 6:46 PM by Taniquetil
I’ve actually compiled a little list of Visis who solo who do NOT think sins need a nerf.

*This list is just the soloers who I speak to and am friendly with, so I’m not saying its exhaustive, just a list of those I know who I’ve discussed this with. Because when I started hearing the whinges I thought I’d check with some visis I trusted before jumping to conclusions.

A few visis who do NOT think a nerf is needed:
Catkain (Skald - #2 class solo kills)
Lhei (Hero #2 class solo kills)
Yarna (Reaver #1 class solo kills)
Gotmagi (Champ/VW/Thane + prolly forgot some #2 champ solo kills)
Huokaus (Skald)
Drunkstains (Arms #1 class solo kills)
Shalelu (Hero #1 class solo kills)
Fotm (Champ/Reaver #1 champ solo kills)
Kranki (Merc #2 class solo kills)
Mozor(BM)
Jackle(Merc #2 class solo kills)

Total solo kills - 25,000+

7 of these have a lone enforcer title. Unsurprisingly I give their opinions more weight than most whiners 🤷‍♂️

I’ve had no challenges from anyone, nor did anyone with a high number of solo kills and experience playing their class challenge me and say that sins do need a nerf.

Yarna did say
@Tani Well I don't agree how they tried to "buff" PA/BS by changing the ws/con meta (i would have just scaled PA/BS dmg even more which would have also lead to a slight buff for high crit ns/inf vs zerkblades etc.).

I agree regarding PA, not sure it was the right approach the way it was implemented but a buff from where it was at previously was needed, as it was worse than a garotte. Scaling PA dmg and changing it so it got a bonus if it hit an ablative would be a good startpoint. That way it could be high dmg, reduce abla impact, and probably do less damage to tanks.

Yarna:
But the fact that I'm basically unkillable for any sin on my reaver if I have Purge and IP ready says a lot.[...shortened for brevity]So to sum my bullshit up: No nerf needed. 😄
And for gods sake dont read the above as Yarna needs both RAs to compete. Thats not what he’s saying.

EDIT: F***ING INCREDIBLE that we’re now also discussing that warriors are OP and that just because one person can do it doesnt mean that others can so we should cater to the less adept. JUST WOW 😂
Sun 27 Dec 2020 6:56 PM by protege
Stoertebecker wrote:
protege wrote:
Sun 27 Dec 2020 4:29 PM
Stoertebecker wrote:
Hedien wrote:

Sat/Faturday.

I chose warrior because they are the cheapest to template tbh.

I already have a rank 7 skald that can deal with assassins pretty easily. Further, I will make a zerker as my next toon... Or will people cry that RA5 is too OP ?

The fact that I can do it, means that it can be done. Lack of skill vs. skilled players does not call for a nerf on a class. Further, Warriors are the worst of the heavy tanks for solo (IMO).
Sun 27 Dec 2020 6:59 PM by Stoertebecker
gromet12 wrote:
Sun 27 Dec 2020 6:43 PM
Stoertebecker wrote:

I don`t think that we need to discuss that assassins are not that op against full tanks,
gromet12 wrote:
Stoertebecker wrote:

41parry has something to do with it plus a 34% asr off parry follow up and decent stackable bleed off lambast.

Wars are fun and can do very well against DW classes, but he plays the most defensive higher dmg factor nothing to spend points on class in the game, and frankly with all that going towards the war class the fights shouldn’t even be close but they are
and there`s a reason why you picked a warrior, or not?

That was a rhetorical question

Asking high-rr solo players playing classes that are able to solo and do well against asassins is like asking high rr solo playing casters, the outcome is pretty clear right from the start. Maybe with the difference that there are no high rr solo casters for some reasons.

I don`t think assassins need a nerf, the mechanics on this server are so far away from the original that it doesn`t matter anymore if you can swap in easymode with just a click.
Sun 27 Dec 2020 7:06 PM by Noashakra
The hero with IP + moose + luri are so much wost at soloing... Warrior is actually the worst of the 3 heavy tanks to solo imo

So bad players should be the baseline to balance a game? It's ridiculous...
If you took neveu as the baseline for SB level, you would think they can't do much in rvr (rr8 I think and he doesn't cap slash resist...).

I just killed 3x a paladin rr7 with 80% life, didn't even need to purge the stun 3 times. Explain to me how Eullogie killed me at rr6 with me dropping purge...
Sun 27 Dec 2020 7:38 PM by protege
Stoertebecker wrote:
Sun 27 Dec 2020 6:59 PM

Lol.. so let me get this straight --- Warriors are overpowered now?
Sun 27 Dec 2020 8:18 PM by thirian24
This is getting even better.
Sun 27 Dec 2020 9:24 PM by Simon73
darkstar00 wrote:
nixxo87 wrote:

BM 7L with 2500 hp, i receive PA, and i get out of stun with 10% life.
It's not a question of skill.
Normal on phoenix, not on classic servers.
Sun 27 Dec 2020 9:29 PM by thirian24
Simon73 wrote:
Sun 27 Dec 2020 9:24 PM
darkstar00 wrote:
nixxo87 wrote:

This simply isn't true. I've been soloing on a zerker (RR4) all morning. I have no purge at all. I've been eating PA chains all day, and I'm no where near 10% life when I come out of stun. Even though I have zero purge, when I come out of stun, I'm still able to kill the assassin. Like others have said, maybe look within to figure out why you're losing so bad.
Sun 27 Dec 2020 9:32 PM by protege
thirian24 wrote:
Sun 27 Dec 2020 9:29 PM
Simon73 wrote:
darkstar00 wrote:
nixxo87 wrote:

This simply isn't true. I've been soloing on a zerker (RR4) all morning. I have no purge at all. I've been eating PA chains all day, and I'm no where near 10% life when I come out of stun. Even though I have zero purge, when I come out of stun, I'm still able to kill the assassin. Like others have said, maybe look within to figure out why you're losing so bad.

Oy mate, just because you can do it -- it doesn't mean everyone can.

NERF ASSASSINS!
Sun 27 Dec 2020 9:52 PM by krycek
Seems like a good active thread to ask this. How is the solo/stealth game atm? Haven't played in a long time, was still OF when I stopped. Was looking for something to waste some time on. Good idea or should I just do something else?
Sun 27 Dec 2020 10:07 PM by protege
https://youtu.be/qPgmZkX3-oc
(rr3 warrior vs rr9 NS)

THAT ISNT EVEN REPRESENTATIVE -- tm Faturday 2020
Sun 27 Dec 2020 10:16 PM by thirian24
protege wrote:
Sun 27 Dec 2020 9:32 PM
thirian24 wrote:
Simon73 wrote:
darkstar00 wrote:
nixxo87 wrote:

Oy mate, just because you can do it -- it doesn't mean everyone can.

NERF ASSASSINS!

Sun 27 Dec 2020 10:22 PM by Simon73
thirian24 wrote:

Ok, you are right i'm wrong, i've nothing better to do than saying lies on a stupid forum

Btw, gratz, with a 4L zerk you kill hidden. With my 4L svg i often bishot them. Is it skill or just the class?
Sun 27 Dec 2020 10:26 PM by thirian24
Simon73 wrote:
Sun 27 Dec 2020 10:22 PM
thirian24 wrote:

Ok, you are right i'm wrong, i've nothing better to do than saying lies on a stupid forum

Btw, gratz, with a 4L zerk you kill hidden. With my 4L svg i often bishot them. Is it skill or just the class?

Apparently you lack the skill on you 7L BM, no?
Mon 28 Dec 2020 12:04 AM by cordiblub
I don't think it needs any change!

The only thing that annoys me is that the disease just lasts too long
you have a good fight against a sneak and win it and you have to wait 2 minutes to regenerate.
in that time you are attacked again to over 50 percent.

LG Azmodan
Mon 28 Dec 2020 7:34 AM by Noashakra
cordiblub wrote:
Mon 28 Dec 2020 12:04 AM
I don't think it needs any change!

The only thing that annoys me is that the disease just lasts too long
you have a good fight against a sneak and win it and you have to wait 2 minutes to regenerate.
in that time you are attacked again to over 50 percent.

LG Azmodan

Everyone think the disease is too long, don't know why the GMs don't change it...
Mon 28 Dec 2020 8:28 AM by Hedien
I was thinking, I have this video and since it matches the thread of this post, we need to do something about assassin, I thought it was appropriate.

https://streamable.com/av3pgh

How does it match would you ask? Based on this anecdote, not at all cherrypicked, I thought it would be good to boost assassin. Won't you say?

As mentioned before, I am a mediocre player, so please teach me where I can improve.
Edit: See the 1st fight? I did not add. I am a good boy am I not?

Sat/Faturday.
Mon 28 Dec 2020 8:43 AM by Stoertebecker
protege wrote:
Sun 27 Dec 2020 7:38 PM
Stoertebecker wrote:
Sun 27 Dec 2020 6:59 PM

Lol.. so let me get this straight --- Warriors are overpowered now?

It seems more to me that someone choose a class and made some rr2 vids to proove something.
It would have been something special if it was a runemaster.
Mon 28 Dec 2020 9:10 AM by Taniquetil
Hedien wrote: I was thinking, I have this video and since it matches the thread of this post, we need to do something about assassin, I thought it was appropriate.

Looks like a tank beating an assassin to me. 👍 This seems to be the balance that these threads are asking for, so this was recent? At this current patch level? If so, great stuff! We did it guys, we balanced assassins exactly how everyone wanted! Way to go GMs!

Stoertebecker wrote:
Mon 28 Dec 2020 8:43 AM
It seems more to me that someone choose a class and made some rr2 vids to proove something.

Genius
Mon 28 Dec 2020 9:13 AM by Hedien
Taniquetil wrote:
Mon 28 Dec 2020 9:10 AM
Hedien wrote: I was thinking, I have this video and since it matches the thread of this post, we need to do something about assassin, I thought it was appropriate.

Looks like a tank beating an assassin to me. 👍 This seems to be the balance that these threads are asking for, so this was recent? At this current patch level? If so, great stuff! We did it guys, we balanced assassins exactly how everyone wanted! Way to go GMs!

No advice for me? Any improvement? I mean I thought my previous whine was linked to my bad play... so I assumed I would need some improvement.
And yes, totally agree: we need to boost assassin.

Sat/Faturday.
Mon 28 Dec 2020 9:55 AM by Taniquetil
Hedien wrote:
Mon 28 Dec 2020 9:13 AM
Taniquetil wrote:
Mon 28 Dec 2020 9:10 AM

No advice for me? Any improvement? I mean I thought my previous whine was linked to my bad play... so I assumed I would need some improvement.
And yes, totally agree: we need to boost assassin.

Sat/Faturday.

You previously said it was impossible to beat assassins without RAs but then you post a video showing you beating a RR10 assassin without RAs

Either youve improved for you were previously crying for no reason. No one is saying assassins need a boost, nor do they need a Nerf.

Gg Fat, keep killing those sins, we all had faith you could do it! 👍
Mon 28 Dec 2020 10:11 AM by Hedien
Taniquetil wrote:
Mon 28 Dec 2020 9:55 AM
You previously said it was impossible to beat assassins without RAs but then you post a video showing you beating a RR10 assassin without RAs

Either youve improved for you were previously crying for no reason. No one is saying assassins need a boost, nor do they need a Nerf.

Ah yes, I was misguided. I am happy the cherrypicked video pleases you.
Man, I wish I had a the confidence and the lack of self-doubt that you have. Hopefully... one day... I can dream.

Sat/Faturday.
Mon 28 Dec 2020 10:28 AM by Taniquetil
Hedien wrote:
Mon 28 Dec 2020 10:11 AM
Taniquetil wrote:
Mon 28 Dec 2020 9:55 AM

Ah yes, I was misguided. I am happy the cherrypicked video pleases you.
Man, I wish I had a the confidence and the lack of self-doubt that you have. Hopefully... one day... I can dream.

Sat/Faturday.

You cherry picked a fight that seemingly works against your narrative? Strange.

You also cherry picked a fight for feedback which wasn’t a loss? Double strange.

You learn the most from losses post a loss up the supports your narrative and we can either help you or discuss it.

19 pages, not one clip to prove your point, no takers on Beaver’s challenge, and every single clip posted disproving your point is dismissed as cherrypicking, even the one you yourself posted.

WHAT THE ACTUAL F**K IS THIS COMEDY SHOW?! 😂
Mon 28 Dec 2020 10:51 AM by Hedien
Taniquetil wrote:
Mon 28 Dec 2020 10:28 AM
You cherry picked a fight that seemingly works against your narrative? Strange.

You also cherry picked a fight for feedback which wasn’t a loss? Double strange.

You learn the most from losses post a loss up the supports your narrative and we can either help you or discuss it.

19 pages, not one clip to prove your point, no takers on Beaver’s challenge, and every single clip posted disproving your point is dismissed as cherrypicking, even the one you yourself posted.

WHAT THE ACTUAL F**K IS THIS COMEDY SHOW?! 😂

I don't understand Tani. I stated that I agreed with you. Aren't you happy?
I picked a video that now matches both our single and unique narrative.

Yet, I feel we might start to disagree again... assassin, based on that video need a boost. You are too generous playing that class and not wanting a buff.

Sat/Faturday.
Mon 28 Dec 2020 11:04 AM by Taniquetil
No one said sins need a buff, that’s just you being weird. you’re just being petty now and deflecting responding to questions that you find difficult.
Mon 28 Dec 2020 11:06 AM by Hedien
Taniquetil wrote:
Mon 28 Dec 2020 11:04 AM
No one said sins need a buff, that’s just you being weird. you’re just being petty now and deflecting responding to questions that you find difficult.

So disagreeing with you is not right. But now agreeing with you isn't as well? ;/
Man... I try hard though...

Sat/Faturday.
Mon 28 Dec 2020 12:20 PM by Taniquetil
Hedien wrote:
Mon 28 Dec 2020 11:06 AM
Taniquetil wrote:
Mon 28 Dec 2020 11:04 AM

So disagreeing with you is not right. But now agreeing with you isn't as well? ;/
Man... I try hard though...

Sat/Faturday.

Again, no one said sins need a buff, implying that I’m saying that would be misleading.

If you agree with me you’re agreeing that sins do not in fact need a nerf (or a buff) and that currently balance for sins and tanks is pretty good and the deciding factor pretty much comes down to user competence with tanks demonstrably having the upper hand even at RR3, as they should, or even being able to win without RAs vs a RR10 sin. This is also known as balance.

If so, great, best of luck.
Tue 29 Dec 2020 1:39 AM by LolaEbolah
Guys, what on earth has this thread become?

I think I need a hug.
Tue 29 Dec 2020 1:40 AM by Hedien
I am sorry Tani, I think given the video I showcased, I am not a tank... just a Thane. Sin definitely need a buff.

Sat/Faturday.
Tue 29 Dec 2020 9:45 AM by Kevan89
LolaEbolah wrote:
Tue 29 Dec 2020 1:39 AM
Guys, what on earth has this thread become?

I think I need a hug.
/hug
Tue 29 Dec 2020 1:48 PM by DJ2000
Hedien wrote:
Mon 28 Dec 2020 8:28 AM

Infiltrator missed the PA and you resisted the WS/Con Debuff and parried the OH. From that point onwards he was at a heavy disadvantage.
Your Block/Parry Rate was though the roof in that Fight. His Evades were rather low, any afterevade were mostly denied by your parrys/blocks.
The only thing that is unclear to me:
How come he didn't Vanish? Maybe it was not up, who knows.
He thought he could take a "high" RR Shield-Wearer? Maybe he was just confident and/or he did win before, who knows.

What i did like about this fight was that, unlike most of these "1v1" vids, that this was (what i call) a natural occurrence.
There was no /bow, he did not seem to know that this particular Infiltrator was trying to jump him, Fat was just ready for a Fight. So it seems.
Most vids, be it from anyone, are mostly "staged 1v1" = basically Duels.

What is the difference between "natural 1v1" and "staged 1v1"?
That infiltrator could have been jumped by an enemy at any given point, before or during the fight. In a "duel" he doesn't have to care much about his surroundings, just the enemy in front of him. Quick on-the-fly decision: Apply poison, weapon swap, PAvsBS, Positioning, possible threats, escape routes, etc. are reduced to a minimal as well.
I think most people simply imagine Assassins to just happen to "be there" at the Docks/Bridges, where they can "farm" unbuffed/unaware players.
In duels the Assassins can simply engage whenever he feels to go for it, no time/threat pressure (beside the fact to get the opener right).

A "good" engage (damage/debuff) is important for the Assassin to be able to up his chances to win. This is, and should always be, a good indication, if this type of Archetype is OP or not. The moment an Assassin doesn't even need a successful engage, is the moment you have to take a closer look. Which is currently not the case.

Assassins (Infiltrator, Nightshade, Shadowblade):
- PA scaling has been fixed, more base damage, less increase per cs point, expect less damage above 60ish modified cs and more damage below it
- Successful stealth opener (PA, BS, BS2) now delay their damage by up to 100ms to hit after poison applications
- Debuff poisons had their con debuff portion reduced by 15%

Before the PA/BS change, Assassins were further down the food chain, and were more CS focused than they are now. The DoT Stacking was "a thing" before that and was changed to what it is now.
Since the PA/BS change, Assassins climbed up the food chain a bit and are more CD/DW/LA focused.

The Key factor in all this is the Delay part and the dilemma it brings for both sides.

It was a Meta shift that resulted in complete build/gear changes. The highest "power" of Assassins were higher before the change than they are now, but the general "power" is now higher than it was before the change.

This was from July. 6 months ago. Overall this was a Buff. None would ever deny that. The Devs considered this to be appropriate, and haven't changed it since.

Assassins are not 1v1 Gods by default. They are opportunists, specialized in 1v1 combat, as they lack any ability/feature to do anything else.

(won't be around till next year, so my apologies if i won't answer any comments till then)
Tue 29 Dec 2020 2:32 PM by boridi
Four fights with a BM this morning. Yes, I turn with my keyboard and use /stick at RR9. Roast me.

https://streamable.com/uiayye
Tue 29 Dec 2020 3:10 PM by Noashakra
boridi wrote:
Tue 29 Dec 2020 2:32 PM
Four fights with a BM this morning. Yes, I turn with my keyboard and use /stick at RR9. Roast me.

Don't know why he is crush, it's the worst spec to rvr (procs and damage table).
If he was blade, you were dead
And the purge after 2/3 hits xD!
Tue 29 Dec 2020 3:32 PM by Saroi
Is he even SC'd? I wonder why he takes 126-127 dmg from Lifebane compared to the 101-103 the NS took.
Tue 29 Dec 2020 3:41 PM by Noashakra
Saroi wrote:
Tue 29 Dec 2020 3:32 PM
Is he even SC'd? I wonder why he takes 126-127 dmg from Lifebane compared to the 101-103 the NS took.

126 is not a normal LB damage
Tue 29 Dec 2020 3:42 PM by Saroi
Noashakra wrote:
Tue 29 Dec 2020 3:41 PM
Saroi wrote:

126 is not a normal LB damage

I know that is why I am asking if he is sc'd because he clearly does not have 26% Body resist. Either he is not fully sc or a jewel is under 90% con and lost the stats.
Tue 29 Dec 2020 3:45 PM by boridi
Saroi wrote:

Still does big damage with flurry, triple wield, and some level of reflex attack. If I wanted fair fights, I wouldn't be in DF
Tue 29 Dec 2020 3:52 PM by Simon73
boridi wrote:

he's 7L, Thunderer, like my BM, in first fight he get's out of PA at 15%, in second 18%, in fourth around 15-20%..
So moreless how much I get out from a PA on my BM without wasting purge, since you just need to swap weapon to reapply instead of having 1 min immunity as it should be.

I'm waiting for the haters saying : impossible your BM with 2500hp can't get down to 10-15% after a PA. You're a bad player... oh well...
Tue 29 Dec 2020 4:00 PM by Saroi
Simon73 wrote:
Tue 29 Dec 2020 3:52 PM
boridi wrote:

he's 7L, Thunderer, like my BM, in first fight he get's out of PA at 15%, in second 18%, in fourth around 15-20%..
So moreless how much I get out from a PA on my BM without wasting purge, since you just need to swap weapon to reapply instead of having 1 min immunity as it should be.

I'm waiting for the haters saying : impossible your BM with 2500hp can't get down to 10-15% after a PA. You're a bad player... oh well...

First fight was with a yellow mob and Naburite also have a LT afaik.

2second fight at 0:58 he got out of stun with 41% HP. In the fourth fight at 2:35 he got out of stun with 45% HP.

And, as it has already been said by me he does not seem to be sc'd or has something else going because he is getting 126-127 dmg from lifebane.
Tue 29 Dec 2020 4:07 PM by protege
Donno what is up with that rr7 BM, but I've been absolutely demolished by a (rr6?) Firbolg Crush spec BM -- no IP or purge needed -- on my rr11 assassin.
Tue 29 Dec 2020 4:32 PM by Noashakra
If you don't cap your body resists like him, well, like for a lot of people on this thread, the problem is with yourself.
Tue 29 Dec 2020 4:53 PM by Simon73
Noashakra wrote:
Tue 29 Dec 2020 4:32 PM
If you don't cap your body resists like him, well, like for a lot of people on this thread, the problem is with yourself.

Ok, next stupid comment please.
Tue 29 Dec 2020 5:00 PM by Hedien
DJ2000 wrote:
Tue 29 Dec 2020 1:48 PM
Infiltrator missed the PA and you resisted the WS/Con Debuff and parried the OH. From that point onwards he was at a heavy disadvantage.
Your Block/Parry Rate was though the roof in that Fight. His Evades were rather low, any afterevade were mostly denied by your parrys/blocks.
The only thing that is unclear to me:
How come he didn't Vanish? Maybe it was not up, who knows.
He thought he could take a "high" RR Shield-Wearer? Maybe he was just confident and/or he did win before, who knows.

Are you saying that this was not representative?
Because I understood from Tani and Beaver that this was normal and a good point of reference to support assassin need for a boost.

Sat/Faturday.
Tue 29 Dec 2020 5:10 PM by protege
Simon73 wrote:
Tue 29 Dec 2020 4:53 PM
Noashakra wrote:
Tue 29 Dec 2020 4:32 PM

Ok, next stupid comment please.

He was referencing the video posted by Borid.
Wed 30 Dec 2020 7:38 AM by Taniquetil
Awesome we’re now reviewing fights vs non sc’d opponents with the reactions of a potato and seemingly either purge 1 or his hand in his pants, and no heal pots in a ‘balance thread’

Meanwhile Faturday is so far gone he’s acting like a child pretending sins are asking for a buff... for the 3rd time and final time no one is saying sins need a buff.
Wed 30 Dec 2020 7:59 AM by Stoertebecker
Nice collection of profil neuroses in this thread, amazing
Wed 30 Dec 2020 8:34 AM by protege
Stoertebecker wrote:
Wed 30 Dec 2020 7:59 AM

ikr? so many people asking for assassin nerfs who refuse to prove it by playin an assassin.

"I certainly cannot be the problem in this situation!"
Wed 30 Dec 2020 9:10 AM by gotwqqd
protege wrote:
Wed 30 Dec 2020 8:34 AM
Stoertebecker wrote:

ikr? so many people asking for assassin nerfs who refuse to prove it by playin an assassin.

Sure level to 50(easy part)
Raise RR to some decent level(5?6?)
Spend 50p+ getting templated
Wed 30 Dec 2020 9:13 AM by Stoertebecker
protege wrote:
Wed 30 Dec 2020 8:34 AM
Stoertebecker wrote:

Maybe because balancing was never made around the very good players, not around this maybe 1%.

Btw, excessive self promotion is one appearance of a profil neurosis, thinking *It should be possible that others can do what i`m able to do* is another.
ofc, that has nothing to do with asassins in daoc, but it`s a nice view on a special part of our player base
Wed 30 Dec 2020 11:24 AM by Taniquetil
Stoertebecker wrote:
Wed 30 Dec 2020 9:13 AM
Maybe because balancing was never made around the very good players, not around this maybe 1%.

Except it is, see all changes for ‘8v8’ scene, see WoW balancing around top tier play, see stracraft consulting pros on baance, see LoL always balancing around pro play, even CoD and CS do it.

Difference here is no ones really saying its pro play here by those standards, its just speccing correctly, reacting in a ‘reasonable time’ even 1sec is fine. And using your own character traits to your advantage.

Ive had major surgery on my left hand and am still able to do it, I know of multiple people who play with severe disabilities and are still able to do it, this game is so much slower than most other games, and yet still great fun.

But also, I’m not sure this thread is really about the top tier players, ‘the 1%’ this is about a class being OP, meaning everyone can win with it even in situations where they shouldn’t which as of yet we haven’t seen any demonstrations of, have we?
Wed 30 Dec 2020 11:41 AM by Stoertebecker
Taniquetil wrote:
Wed 30 Dec 2020 11:24 AM
Stoertebecker wrote:

Except it is, see all changes for ‘8v8’ scene, see WoW balancing around top tier play, see stracraft consulting pros on baance, see LoL always balancing around pro play, even CoD and CS do it.

Never played any of those titles, and don`t even try to compare DaoC with WoW. It was always stated that 1v1 is the really last point they were looking at if it comes to balancing. Realm, Group...that was their mainfocus/sequence. That does not mean that they never balanced comparable classes, but it wasn`t the main objective.

Still wondering where all those *pros* were on Uthgard 2, there was nearly no solo scene
Wed 30 Dec 2020 11:50 AM by WildWilbur
Stoertebecker wrote:

Wed 30 Dec 2020 12:15 PM by boridi
Taniquetil wrote:
Wed 30 Dec 2020 7:38 AM
Awesome we’re now reviewing fights vs non sc’d opponents with the reactions of a potato and seemingly either purge 1 or his hand in his pants, and no heal pots in a ‘balance thread’

Meanwhile Faturday is so far gone he’s acting like a child pretending sins are asking for a buff... for the 3rd time and final time no one is saying sins need a buff.

I posted it hoping that everyone would make fun of me for using /stick among other things but no one did
Thu 31 Dec 2020 1:24 AM by Faust01
Taniquetil wrote:
Wed 30 Dec 2020 11:24 AM
Stoertebecker wrote:

There i know you are wrong about LoL at least. Riot balancing team will check a champion data on every skill level and wont state a champion healthy if it's OP in any single skill level.

Now i'm not sure about the rest but, when balancing team for those competitive game choose to balance for let's say the top 5% (which is not pro/elite) they don't do it out of game healthiness, they do it because of the viewing experience. Most of the games marketing come from pro plays and streaming plateform. They please the influencing level.
But nonetheless it is absolutely not and never was true that "LoL always balancing around pro play"

Now having said that. We hit the core of the problem in daoc and that's something apparently most daoc player don't realise or don't want to acknowledge. Despite attracting competitive player, daoc is NOT a competitive game, for the simple reason that there is no matchmaking.

You have no unbiased data about who is good or who isn't. One more time, DAOC ranking is not Skill based ranking. It is experienced based ranking, it does not describe a skill or an effectiveness level.
Daoc ranking is not an ELO level.

Data around player can be stretched whereever and however you want with enough time. You can die your way to rr12 without killing anyone. You can become the first Solo player by killing green exper. It's not viable data lol.

Now can the players evaluate their own skill level and other players skill level accurately based on their own experiences? Hell no lol. If you guys ever played one of those true competitive game you know that this is insanity. Even in game where there is an actual ranking system which works like LoL for exemple. players will be deluded and creates a mythology to ease their ego.
The very existence of the concept of "Elo hell" is an exemple of those kind of mythology.

Now having said that about daoc, i'm baffled by the amount of certainty surrounding those threads.
Thu 31 Dec 2020 1:55 AM by Hedien
Wait... do you mean that... if enough people post pre-select winning videos showing their rationale, it will become the reality because in DAOC there is no pure ranking/skill evaluation statistic?

For example, let's say having several assassin players showing video where they die or other assassin die, or dismissing any defeat from other solo visi due to X error... this would do the trick?

Man... then, apparently, due to my new belief in assassin being underpowered. Me posting video of me consistently destroying assassin would do the trick right? I was unconsciously doing the right thing. Haha, lucky me!

Sat/Faturday.
Thu 31 Dec 2020 2:06 AM by Taniquetil
Faust01 wrote:
Thu 31 Dec 2020 1:24 AM
Now having said that. We hit the core of the problem in daoc and that's something apparently most daoc player don't realise or don't want to acknowledge. Despite attracting competitive player, daoc is NOT a competitive game, for the simple reason that there is no matchmaking.

You have no unbiased data about who is good or who isn't. One more time, DAOC ranking is not Skill based ranking. It is experienced based ranking, it does not describe a skill or an effectiveness level.
Daoc ranking is not an ELO level.

Data around player can be stretched whereever and however you want with enough time. You can die your way to rr12 without killing anyone. You can become the first Solo player by killing green exper. It's not viable data lol.

Now can the players evaluate their own skill level and other players skill level accurately based on their own experiences? Hell no lol. If you guys ever played one of those true competitive game you know that this is insanity. Even in game where there is an actual ranking system which works like LoL for exemple. players will be deluded and creates a mythology to ease their ego.
The very existence of the concept of "Elo hell" is an exemple of those kind of mythology.

Now having said that about daoc, i'm baffled by the amount of certainty surrounding those threads.

I agree, but essentially given a mass of evidence demonstrating that the fallacy that sins are somehow unstoppable has been pretty readily discredited this whole conversation is nonsense.

I’ll quote myself a bit for you as well to the bits where I agree with you.

Taniquetil wrote:
Thu 31 Dec 2020 1:24 AM
Difference here is no ones really saying its pro play here by those standards, its just speccing correctly, reacting in a ‘reasonable time’ even 1sec is fine. And using your own character traits to your advantage.

Ive had major surgery on my left hand and am still able to do it, I know of multiple people who play with severe disabilities and are still able to do it, this game is so much slower than most other games, and yet still great fun.

But also, I’m not sure this thread is really about the top tier players

The premise remains the same, to balance a game correctly you should at least hope people are at least wearing sc’d armour and play their class correctly, otherwise no matter what a competent player will stomp them, and thats not really a ‘balance’ conversation at all, thats a ‘someones better than me, please handicap them’ thread.

In summary: So far we’ve not seen a single demonstration of a tank being played correctly that supports the notion that a nerf to assassins is needed at all, nor have we seen an assassin win despite an assassin playing poorly and them somehow overcoming a tank anyway because theyre overpowered even if the tank is RR2 and theyre RR11

Edit: Faturday still being a child 😖
Thu 31 Dec 2020 2:28 AM by Hedien
Haha you show them Tani. Man, I can see how debating is what you do for work. You excel at it, you are flawless.

I mean ofc, the well played warrior is the one who would win like beaver has shown repeatedly. Against no less than 11L ns and .... 2 ns at the same time! I mean, enough is enough, don't you think?

And a badly played warrior, or any other class for that matter, is the one dying... right? I am soooo getting the hang of this, it is exhilarating. (hope the spelling is right, I am trying fancy words too!)

Wait wait, I have another video on hand showing assassin should need a buff. That's going to be perfectly showing the point. Failed engage and numb purging, the total package to prove our common theory and against a noob Thane (myself) which is less good than a pro warrior (our dear Beaver) obviously!

https://streamable.com/1ucnm9

Sat/Faturday.
Thu 31 Dec 2020 2:42 AM by Taniquetil
Hedien wrote:
Thu 31 Dec 2020 2:28 AM

Sat/Faturday.

That sin looks pretty OP to me. We may need to nerf it actually. 🙄
Thu 31 Dec 2020 2:45 AM by Hedien
Wow, what a rollercoaster!

We agreed the previous video was representative of assassin strength (or lack of!).
Now, I realized that I am a bit too close to the topic. Everytime it is me vs assassin, assassin vs. me.

So I happen to witness Exo on his warrior 4L9 fight a 7L infi.
Without engage, the stealther put him down to only 24% (or 8% if you count final dot ticking).

I mean... we have all seen in this post that 80% of the video are without engage. Not engaging is empirically (fancy word!) representative!
Therefore, this video is representative. (ergo est, something something)

Should we trigger an in-game vote for assassin boosting? I am sure that with 25% of the played population being steathers, it should go in our favor. I mean .... when combined with the plethora (fancy word!) of video evidence we gather.

I tried to be a good cameraman, hopefully it is not shaking too much:
https://streamable.com/afyqon

Sat/Faturday
Thu 31 Dec 2020 2:45 AM by Hedien
Taniquetil wrote:
Thu 31 Dec 2020 2:42 AM
Hedien wrote:
Thu 31 Dec 2020 2:28 AM

Sat/Faturday.

That sin looks pretty OP to me. We may need to nerf it actually. 🙄

Haha, I love you Tani. So playful.

Sat/Faturday.
Thu 31 Dec 2020 3:00 AM by Taniquetil
Hedien wrote:
Thu 31 Dec 2020 2:45 AM

Sat/Faturday

Exo no RA’s and No heal pots, no nothing? Stop being a bully Exo, U havent even hit the RR5 dmg boost yet, and I know you probably have some RA points in Det too... bully.

Nerf Eckso.
Thu 31 Dec 2020 3:06 AM by Hedien
Taniquetil wrote:
Thu 31 Dec 2020 3:00 AM
Hedien wrote:
Thu 31 Dec 2020 2:45 AM

Sat/Faturday

Exo no RA’s and No heal pots, no nothing? Stop being a bully Exo, U havent even hit the RR5 dmg boost yet, and I know you probably have some RA points in Det too... bully.

Nerf Eckso.

Yes, exactly my point. We all agree!

Sat/Faturday.
Thu 31 Dec 2020 3:21 AM by Hedien
Also, given the state of the game... and until our beloved Dev implement a change on the matter, I would recommend saving poor souls before they start an assassin.

This way it is quite convenient. You protect someone, and you also boost server population via retention and... you raise awareness on the need for assassin to be boosted.
Sounds like a laundry commercial 3 in 1!

Sat/Faturday.
Thu 31 Dec 2020 3:59 AM by Taniquetil
I think we broke Faturday
Thu 31 Dec 2020 4:39 AM by protege
Taniquetil wrote:
Thu 31 Dec 2020 3:59 AM
I think we broke Faturday

He was already broken
Thu 31 Dec 2020 5:28 AM by Hedien
I really don't understand the negativity.

When people disagree, it is attack after attack, slander and all.
When people agree, it is the same.

Do you know how to be positive?

Sat/Faturday.
Thu 31 Dec 2020 8:07 PM by JTaylor072
I solo a lot on my minstrel JRilla and I specifically enjoy the fights vs. Sins. They are not op’ed but some sure as hell are better than others.

I won’t name names but there are some rr8s+ every time I see I know the RPs are mine. And then I’ve run across rr 4 or 5 that show me things I’ve never seen before and whoop my ass!

The best part however is when you win against one of the really really good ones - it’s an awesome high and experience!

FTR most times I fight them straight up without pet or kiting.. maybe use sos to mez to rest sometimes but get right back toe to toe.
Thu 31 Dec 2020 11:23 PM by Tenny
Just had a rr4 inf come hunting down my rr6 hunter. I got off CS, used IP2 and still lost. Made me think of this thread =)
Thu 31 Dec 2020 11:56 PM by Noashakra
The problem is not asn, but archers who need a boost.
Believe me, it's coming from a 9L9 melee ranger.
Sat 2 Jan 2021 11:58 PM by Rov
Nerf vanish to have RUT every 30 minute or give it a 5 second delay like purge1 so they actually need half a brain to know when to use it.
Also reduce disease duration down to 30-45 seconds, atm it is just stupid.
Sun 3 Jan 2021 2:46 AM by protege
Rov wrote:
Sat 2 Jan 2021 11:58 PM
Nerf vanish to have RUT every 30 minute or give it a 5 second delay like purge1 so they actually need half a brain to know when to use it.

Shall we adjust SoS like that as well? If you're not grouped, you need a 5 second delay so you actually need half a brain to know when to use it.
Sun 3 Jan 2021 6:02 AM by soremir
You guys aren't really about to start defending 1v1 vanishing are you?
Sun 3 Jan 2021 10:09 AM by Taniquetil
Already discussed earlier in the thread. Ironic that a minstrel with access to sos 1v1 10min reuse is complaining about vanish on 15min timer. Both are shitty.

Give vanish 10min timer as well..../sarcasm

Taniquetil wrote:
Wed 23 Dec 2020 12:52 PM
Druth wrote:
Actually think this is a great suggestion that way u cant vanish unless you get a kill, perhaps another activator would be the number of enemies attacking you.

If stealther group size </= (enemy grp size/3) then vanish activates. Eg solo can vanish from 3+, duo vanish from 6+, trio 9+

Possibly disable this if the assassin starts the engagement with a group larger than him (eg attacks the caster in grp) otherwise it becomes abusable in combo with the previous.

But the above solves issues of 1v1 vanishes, but still gives the assassin the vanish that was most likely intended, such as bad situations or quickly after a kill.

I guess here many asn’s on the server have explained that realistically if the server was not so toxic towards visi solos or smallman they’d play a visi instead. I used to have many solo visis on previous shards and really enjoy it, this server I haven’t even wanted to waste my time due to the perma zerg/grp/coastguard steamrolls you see.

Less toxicity towards solo/small = less people resorting to stealthers, said highskills play visi toons and kill stealthers = even less stealthers.
Sun 3 Jan 2021 10:09 AM by Noashakra
Yeah and 5 seconds cooldown when a group adds you at 50% life with speed 5 is really a smart idea...
If people could post with less than half a brain could post too...
Sun 3 Jan 2021 5:55 PM by protege
soremir wrote:
Sun 3 Jan 2021 6:02 AM
You guys aren't really about to start defending 1v1 vanishing are you?

1v1 vanishing, no.

Vanishing from adds or vultures, yes.
Sun 3 Jan 2021 6:18 PM by daytonchambers
Rov wrote:
Sat 2 Jan 2021 11:58 PM

Sun 3 Jan 2021 10:58 PM by Stoertebecker
That a minstrel is complaining about something and talking about solo in one sentence made my day....
Mon 4 Jan 2021 6:31 PM by boridi
Nerf me!
https://streamable.com/iu5zu7
Mon 4 Jan 2021 7:07 PM by Blitze
I hugely dislike being vanished on 1v1 and I absolutely despised/hated it when I was lower RR. It gave the saddest feeling in all RvR in my opinion... as you go from feeling so happy because you’ve managed to turn a fight you didn’t choose to start into a win... woopwoop... However, Bam they vanish andyou get no RPs! To add injury to that insult you’re left low health, Abilities on cooldown, DoTd, diseased & debuffed. (As a Friar it only takes 10secs to get cured/healed, on other classes it’s a massively worse).

Nowadays (at a higher RR) I am little less annoyed as I am used to it happening and I win such a higher % of fights.

Also also, I hate It when I am watching a NS/SB Vs a fellow Albion in a 1v1 and I wait patiently to clap the victor. And!!! then the winner vanishes without the good grace to let me collect their 100 RPs and whoever they just killed the 900RPs.
(I know this sounds pretentious/moral-high-ground-tosh but It’s like they don’t understand the gift I gave them by not healing the loser——sorry I know roleplay-wise a lot of people love the underhand/devious things and those people would be drawn to assassins)
Mon 4 Jan 2021 11:12 PM by Catkain
Obviously this thread is 95% blablabla, but here is the ultimate information provided by the mouth of the source. I provide it to you due to my warm heart and my kind spirit along with my flexible loins:

- Ns and Inf are fine for me
- I win some and lose some depending on rank, spec and skill
- I have never fought an SB, but any class with no speed, no double dds, no 2h massive dps output, no AOTG, no SOS and no HUGE group/smallman/solo capabilities is basically just a poor mans version of a skald.

Play a proper class is my unbiased and unsolicited advice!
Mon 4 Jan 2021 11:54 PM by boridi
More DF shenanigans with a pally and merc:
https://streamable.com/nk8wg8

Notice both creeping deaths were parried/blocked. Against the merc, SIX mainhand attacks in a row parried/blocked/evaded after perf. Vanished because I knew those two other albs were nearby.
Tue 5 Jan 2021 12:37 AM by protege
Catkain wrote:
Mon 4 Jan 2021 11:12 PM
Obviously this thread is 95% blablabla, but here is the ultimate information provided by the mouth of the source. I provide it to you due to my warm heart and my kind spirit along with my flexible loins:

- Ns and Inf are fine for me
- I win some and lose some depending on rank, spec and skill
- I have never fought an SB, but any class with no speed, no double dds, no 2h massive dps output, no AOTG, no SOS and no HUGE group/smallman/solo capabilities is basically just a poor mans version of a skald.

Play a proper class is my unbiased and unsolicited advice!

Truth.

But we have 1v1'd (pvp zone), and you have killed me.
Tue 5 Jan 2021 1:12 AM by boridi
More DF! Reaver fight. Had a good fight with this guy's RR4 pally just a few minutes earlier (used purge in that fight), but didnt record it

https://streamable.com/d0i46g
Tue 5 Jan 2021 5:11 AM by Hedien
boridi wrote:
Tue 5 Jan 2021 1:12 AM
More DF! Reaver fight. Had a good fight with this guy's RR4 pally just a few minutes earlier (used purge in that fight), but didnt record it

https://streamable.com/d0i46g

Not purging against a reaver was your downfall. (maybe unavailable)
When you choose to PA, if you see a slam purge and proceed with CD. Forcing a purge and then giving you the ability to reapply your poisons.
Even without your purge, you brought him quite low (24%). You would have forced an IP if you did and would have probably won if his IP was unavailable.
Tue 5 Jan 2021 9:29 AM by Noashakra
boridi wrote:
Mon 4 Jan 2021 11:54 PM
More DF shenanigans with a pally and merc:
https://streamable.com/nk8wg8

Notice both creeping deaths were parried/blocked. Against the merc, SIX mainhand attacks in a row parried/blocked/evaded after perf. Vanished because I knew those two other albs were nearby.

Fake news, CD pass 90% of the time according to this forum.
Tue 5 Jan 2021 12:16 PM by Hedien
Noashakra wrote:
Tue 5 Jan 2021 9:29 AM
Fake news, CD pass 90% of the time according to this forum.

According to this forum. any and all video are representative of the reality.
Mon 11 Jan 2021 2:21 AM by boridi
https://streamable.com/o649gg

Few more fights against mercs. The RR4 merc was rez sick until he purged half way through the fight.
Mon 11 Jan 2021 5:19 AM by Hedien
Yes, fumble is powerful, imo you need to try snare poison and disengage when this happens to let poison tick down and engage him again later.
You might get a back snare though.
Mon 11 Jan 2021 4:46 PM by protege
Hedien wrote:
Mon 11 Jan 2021 5:19 AM
Yes, fumble is powerful, imo you need to try snare poison and disengage when this happens to let poison tick down and engage him again later.
You might get a back snare though.

Or PF'd, in that case you cannot kite and you may as well sit down.

These were also poorly played mercenaries and they beat him with relative ease. I guarantee you I wouldn't even need DT (or IP, and most likely not purge) on my Merc.
Tue 12 Jan 2021 2:39 PM by Babajaga
Noashakra wrote:
Thu 31 Dec 2020 11:56 PM
The problem is not asn, but archers who need a boost.
Believe me, it's coming from a 9L9 melee ranger.

Definitly !!

even if i'm enjoy fighting against sins, with my poor 5r4 rank. my chance to win if i have ip/purge active and if they PA me and 2-3rr+ than me, is just 0% and it's not even a tight result, plus tbh i'm not a bad player.. (i just anticipate answers telling me how should i better play against them)

archers need a little up on melee situation
Tue 12 Jan 2021 2:46 PM by Sepplord
the quote reads like "X needs a buff, believe me, the buff is for me" (as if asking for a buff for yourself somehow increases credibility)

and losing a fight as a range-hybrid VS a melee, that is higher-RR AND hit their positional--stealthopener is also kind of not a good argument

Not sure if you guys are being serious, or if i fell into the trolltrap...but...yeah
Tue 12 Jan 2021 3:04 PM by Babajaga
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 12 Jan 2021 2:46 PM
the quote reads like "X needs a buff, believe me, the buff is for me" (as if asking for a buff for yourself somehow increases credibility)

and losing a fight as a range-hybrid VS a melee, that is higher-RR AND hit their positional--stealthopener is also kind of not a good argument

Not sure if you guys are being serious, or if i fell into the trolltrap...but...yeah

First of all, i'm not hybrid, either range, i'm full melee. running with 6 swords.
Second, I said that the matchup is not tight at all. i'm not saying to boost archers to grant a 50% to win against them... i just emphasize the fact that melee rangers are pretty weak, and they dont should be that far.
yea i know, the example wasnt a good one, but if you read again properly, 0% chance (+ not tight) is pretty ridiculous stat right ? lol
i can also count you how many times i died against sins without PA, nearly my rank, purge,ip used and they were 50% left.

Once again, i'm not saying they are powerful, i can make really sweat some. but still, melee archers are pretty weak.
Tue 12 Jan 2021 3:41 PM by Sepplord
An Archer isn't suddenly a pure melee just because they just choose to not specc their bowline...
Maybe you should shoot the trainingdummy a couple of times to see how much you can still do

And while i agree that archers should have a Chance against Assassin's in a pure melee Fight, i disagree that they should have a realistic chance when being down multiple realmranks AND letting the assasin PA them...

You claim to be a good Player so you should acknowledge that getting PAed is a huge mistake. But you want to be able to still turn around a fight against an equally skilled opponent in an unfavored matchup, after making a huge mistake and being severly outranked....

That just sounds ridiculous
Tue 12 Jan 2021 3:45 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Babajaga wrote:
Tue 12 Jan 2021 3:04 PM
melee archers are pretty weak.

Maybe that's because they're supposed to be a ranged attacker. That's like saying melee casters are weak.
Tue 12 Jan 2021 3:46 PM by inoeth
not exactly weak but tbh the debuff/PA dmg change did alot in favor of assassins

my ranger iss rr6 and i have a good chance to win vs opponents with same rr with a full melee spec
on the other hand my now rr7 sb hits like a truck and easily kills rr11 rangers who use all RAs they got
i really dont know why pa/debuff got changed... i didnt ask for that
Tue 12 Jan 2021 3:57 PM by Babajaga
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue 12 Jan 2021 3:45 PM
Babajaga wrote:
Tue 12 Jan 2021 3:04 PM
melee archers are pretty weak.

Maybe that's because they're supposed to be a ranged attacker. That's like saying melee casters are weak.

on classic, melee rangers had their places as a hard encounter.

Answering to Sepplord : DA and shield spec buff / 39 blades follow up style / high spec on CD, rangers is the only archer which is suppose to do well as full melee spec/RA's. adding shield buff on pots disadvantage them a lot tbh. I admit PA vs non-PA is a huge difference matchup. but how it is even possible that 3rr inf's can EASILY kill 8rr+ melee ranger then ? Ra used and no PA landed.
Tue 12 Jan 2021 4:01 PM by inoeth
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 12 Jan 2021 3:41 PM
An Archer isn't suddenly a pure melee just because they just choose to not specc their bowline...
Maybe you should shoot the trainingdummy a couple of times to see how much you can still do

And while i agree that archers should have a Chance against Assassin's in a pure melee Fight, i disagree that they should have a realistic chance when being down multiple realmranks AND letting the assasin PA them...

You claim to be a good Player so you should acknowledge that getting PAed is a huge mistake. But you want to be able to still turn around a fight against an equally skilled opponent in an unfavored matchup, after making a huge mistake and being severly outranked....

That just sounds ridiculous

its not, at least not for my hunter
Tue 12 Jan 2021 4:12 PM by Sepplord
I'd attribute that more to a skilldifference then 😉

But i am not even saying, i was just calling out the really bad arguments being made. If there are good arguments, then those surely help the discussion more, and if there aren't, well then it's even more important to call them out
Wed 13 Jan 2021 9:01 PM by The Skies Asunder
While I agree that archers could use a little bump to survivability, or offensive potential in melee, I can't agree that it is just hopeless. I am hybrid spec, and rr6L6 currently, and I almost never lose to low rank assassins, provided I have either purge or IP up. If I have neither, then the fight could go either way depending mostly on RNG. High rank sins, I need to have both RAs up, and even then I occasionally get destroyed even after using IP and purge. Which feels really bad. If the RAs are down, and I run into a rr7+ sin, I am basically free RPs.
Fri 15 Jan 2021 12:16 AM by Freudinio
Give rangers PD.
Fri 15 Jan 2021 1:00 AM by daytonchambers
Freudinio wrote:
Fri 15 Jan 2021 12:16 AM
Give rangers PD.

If rangers got PD, then it is fair to assume that all archers would get it.

The last thing I want to deal with is a PD9 scout. Between PD and the shield spec it would be impossible to burst them before they start that annoying ass Stop kite nonsense.

Hard Pass
Fri 15 Jan 2021 1:50 AM by Babajaga
daytonchambers wrote:
Fri 15 Jan 2021 1:00 AM
Freudinio wrote:
Fri 15 Jan 2021 12:16 AM
Give rangers PD.

If rangers got PD, then it is fair to assume that all archers would get it.

The last thing I want to deal with is a PD9 scout. Between PD and the shield spec it would be impossible to burst them before they start that annoying ass Stop kite nonsense.

Hard Pass

Then PD isnt the problem there, but that dumb no immunity root shield stupidass thing.
Scouts alrdy have something up(wait, this is more than a little up..) which is the root. Rangers and hunters need a compensation.
Simply dont allow scouts to have access to PD. only hunters and rangers.

Plus : PD will more help melee archers than snipers ones... so not all archers would get it, hybrid/melee hunter or ranger would hit it as most important ra's. theres a lot other for snipers to reach before taking PD.
Sun 31 Jan 2021 11:45 PM by Hedien
Finally. Our wishes have been fulfilled, a boost has come against visi solo.
AOM nerf will significantly boost chances of "spec double/triple dot" assassin against their enemies.

It was much needed.
Tue 2 Feb 2021 5:02 PM by Magesty
So sad that we are losing something that was so powerful against assassins. Fortunately one can still invest a meager 10 RSPs for a massive reduction of 5-14 damage per tick on their various DoTs. This small investment basically decimates their typical opener of a ~500 damage con debuff and ~100 damage per tick envenom DoT by massively nerfing it to a ~500 damage con debuff and ~90 damage DoT. Besides, the envenom DoT damage doesn't start to tick for four whole seconds so it is basically useless anyways.

If AoM, even in its new (immensely nerfed) state, isn't still a hard counter to assassins then I don't know what is. How this server's noble assassins have been putting up with the sheer value that visible solos receive from AoM with so little vitriol is beyond me. It has been truly humbling to witness their collective responses to adversity. Intelligence, grace, and wisdom personified.

Honestly, once I was able to put points into AoM I felt like an 80,000 pound truck roaring down the highway and assassins were naught but insects caught dying in my grill and splattered on my windshield. This has not changed and it will not change. Beware assassins, your poisons mean nothing to me. Disease me, strip me of my constitution and weapon skill, perma snare me, purge my stuns, garrote, vanish, and run like the cowards you are. It is all meaningless because I still have anywhere from 12-20% secondary resists and you have nothing.
Thu 25 Feb 2021 1:19 AM by Tenny
/bump in honor of the solo rr3 NS tonight that is 19-7. 10k rps/hour and beat the living fuck out of my hunter 3 times, once through IP3
Tue 9 Mar 2021 4:56 PM by Yarikk
Tenny wrote:
Thu 25 Feb 2021 1:19 AM
/bump in honor of the solo rr3 NS tonight that is 19-7. 10k rps/hour and beat the living fuck out of my hunter 3 times, once through IP3

Well look who I found. Its good to see some old names.
Tue 9 Mar 2021 5:43 PM by evert
Give all visi classes a “vanish” that makes them invisible to stealth classes for 30s/1min/etc
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics