New Friar endurance group reduction pulse is not affecting the groups.

Started 5 Jan 2021
by TLossos
in Resolved Issues
I don't know how to prove this except a video which my computer is not really capable of producing w/ good enough quality, so I'm hoping maybe the GM's can recreate my method for checking.

The new friar endurance reduction group pulse is not working for the group. It does not show up on anybody's buff bar except for the friar (my buff bar). Using the endurance reduction (I have yellow, 20% reduction), having the same tireless and longwind as everybody else, and using the friars self endo (delve 2) pulse, I am able to sprint with no loss of endurance. A groupmate (verified with 3 different groupmates) using the delve 2 invigoration potion (green) while my pulse is running, loses endurance very slowly.

Thank you.

Issue Timeline

5 Jan 2021 TLossos created this issue
6 Jan 2021 gruenesschaf assigned this issue from Nobody to gruenesschaf
6 Jan 2021 gruenesschaf changed the status of this issue from in_progress to resolved
Tue 5 Jan 2021 2:53 PM by skipari
the friar endu reduction buff only affects styles, afaik that was always the case

see also
https://darkageofcamelot.com/content/class-library-friar

Fatigue Reduction
Reduces the fatigue cost of combat styles used by the caster.
Tue 5 Jan 2021 3:01 PM by TLossos
skipari wrote:
Tue 5 Jan 2021 2:53 PM
the friar endu reduction buff only affects styles, afaik that was always the case

see also
https://darkageofcamelot.com/content/class-library-friar

Fatigue Reduction
Reduces the fatigue cost of combat styles used by the caster.

This is incorrect. If it only effected styles, then the friar would also lose endurance while sprinting with a delve 2 invigoration buff (whether it be potion or self-casted pulse). AFAIK, and I'm going off memory, on Phoenix it doesn't say styles. It says targets actions (in this case, the target is group) will be affected by endurance reduction.
Tue 5 Jan 2021 4:12 PM by Sepplord
inb4:

you just uncovered that friars endu-buff is giving too much endurance
NERF INC

Serious though: have you tried it with the pot? If the behaviour for you is identical then the difference must be in the new buff, and not in a difference between pot-reg/skill-reg. So you could eliminate that possibility

Additionally/alternatively you could also have people style the dummy and check how much endu they are using per style (with / without your buff)...or maybe over 5styles to reduce rounding errors (though 20% reduction should be pretty visible also with single tests)
Tue 5 Jan 2021 4:33 PM by TLossos
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 5 Jan 2021 4:12 PM
inb4:

you just uncovered that friars endu-buff is giving too much endurance
NERF INC

Serious though: have you tried it with the pot? If the behaviour for you is identical then the difference must be in the new buff, and not in a difference between pot-reg/skill-reg. So you could eliminate that possibility

Additionally/alternatively you could also have people style the dummy and check how much endu they are using per style (with / without your buff)...or maybe over 5styles to reduce rounding errors (though 20% reduction should be pretty visible also with single tests)

Yes, I used the potion as well and didn't lose endurance. It's the same as when the friar reduction was not a group pulse. We have also tested by using 5 styles as you suggested (particularly slam). It is a noticeable difference. The friar endurance reduction is not working for the group regardless of whether it is supposed to effect all actions or just the styles. Either way, not working as intended.

Also, friars endu buff is not giving too much endu . It's delve 2 and it's doing just that... sprint takes 5 endu. 20% reduction means it takes 4. Friar buff gives 2, tireless 1, longwind 1. I know this is a joke from you but I don't want it to get nerfed! Friars have always had perma sprint if they spec for reduction, tireless, and longwind .
Tue 5 Jan 2021 5:59 PM by Blitze
Friar end regen is fine it’s 2per tick always has been.

From my memory.

The end reduction effects sprint (sprint costs 4per tick). It always has (live@old patch lvl/uthgard/here), friars have always had permasprint with LW1+tireless1 (when tireless was made to stack with regen)

—-Sprint with redux buff+LW =lose3
—tireless +seld end regen =gain3
Wed 6 Jan 2021 10:34 AM by gruenesschaf
Looks like I forgot to add a range to any but the red end reduction. Should be working now.

Return to Resolved Issues or the latest topics