Thidranki - it is your choice

Started 15 Dec 2020
by Uthred
in Open Community Votes
It is been some time since we changed the Thid map to Molvik and now the voting about the permanent map is finally going to happen. You will have the following three options to choose from:

1- The old Thid map. Thats the map we used before and since the launch of Phoenix. It is the OF Thid map with an OF keep in the middle.
2 - The new Thid map. Thats a reworked Thid map, that looks very similiar to the old map and has an NF keep in the middle.
3 - The current Molvik map. If you vote for option 3, you are voting for keeping the current Molvik map as our Level 20-24 BG

A new ingame voting has been started on this. You need to log in to the game and you need to have a level 50 toon on your account which is at least realm rank 3 (even if the voting is about the lvl 20-24 BG). You only have one vote per account. Type ingame /vote and you will see the different options to choose from. Voting will end in about 7 days from now.
Tue 15 Dec 2020 9:54 PM by romulus
Thanks for the vote!
One question, though. Since there are 3 options in the running here, can we have a run-off vote if none of the options wins a majority? Hypothetically, one option could win the vote with 34%; it would be nice to allow a run-off in that case.
:hugs:
Tue 15 Dec 2020 10:16 PM by Duvodas
Before voting please consider the issues we had with map 1.

The very close distance between alb port and central keep led to albs having ck 99% of the time.

The 3 maps are displayed here: https://forum.playphoenix.online/get-involved/suggestions/27362-switch-to-new-thidranki
Tue 15 Dec 2020 10:35 PM by Tulpa
No vote for me at this time???
Tue 15 Dec 2020 11:16 PM by gotwqqd
romulus wrote:
Tue 15 Dec 2020 9:54 PM
Thanks for the vote!
One question, though. Since there are 3 options in the running here, can we have a run-off vote if none of the options wins a majority? Hypothetically, one option could win the vote with 34%; it would be nice to allow a run-off in that case.
Molvik could have 48% and really not be the right choice as it’s possible a Thid map is preferred and they hurt each other’s chance.

Same could be said of old style keeps.
Tue 15 Dec 2020 11:27 PM by romulus
Molvik could have 48% and really not be the right choice as it’s possible a Thid map is preferred and they hurt each other’s chance.

Same could be said of old style keeps.
Exactly! With two Thid options and one Molvik option, the Pro-Thid (in some form) vote is split, meaning Molvik could win with a plurality, though a majority might have wanted Thid in some form. Having a run-off --if-- no option gets a majority would be fair IMO.
Tue 15 Dec 2020 11:42 PM by Blacksteff
Please bring back Thidranki.

Doesn't matter if map 1 or map 2 as long as we get Thid back
Wed 16 Dec 2020 12:08 AM by romulus
Hi!
Keep (no pun) in mind that we've not had the NF keep in Thidranki before and as such, it's a bit unfortunate that we are voting sight-unseen for #2.
For example, does the NF keep have oil? Does it have siege ballistae(s)? Will it have too many guards? Those are all criticisms of Molvik that I've heard and the NF keeps there.

@Devs any chance of getting a week or two with the NF keep before a final vote?
Wed 16 Dec 2020 1:49 AM by Hodge
To help increase participation in bgs, could there be a higher xp gain in them similar to the 5 person group event? Maybe not the extreme rate in event, but somewhere in between it and what it is now. Or maybe kill tokens to turn in for extra xp.
Wed 16 Dec 2020 3:46 AM by Warblood
I seen a map before with traditional thid with 3 towers, which would be an interesting change, but i think for everyone Thid is the 20-24 lvl battleground. there is love and hate for it, but changing it seems like it would damage the authentic feel of 20-24 battleground.
Wed 16 Dec 2020 12:33 PM by Muschen
Thank you for doing this, but as other pointed out the two Thid options might compete with each other and make the Molvik win.
I will vote for option 2 the new thid map because i have fond memories of that, but i would rather have the old thid map than molvik.

Also it would be nice to try the new thid map.

/Musch
Wed 16 Dec 2020 2:11 PM by Shamissa
#2 please and Uthred and team for doing that ....and whoever asked if there’s oil in the keep, there shouldn’t be oil in keep heh.

Xoxo
Wed 16 Dec 2020 2:16 PM by Shamissa
I still would like to also in the future have Molvik 35-39 would be ton of fun

Xoxo
Wed 16 Dec 2020 7:22 PM by Wakanidoo
Shamissa wrote:
Wed 16 Dec 2020 2:16 PM
I still would like to also in the future have Molvik 35-39 would be ton of fun

On live, Molvik had a great success. May be it would happen here too.
Things to change if this Molvik appears:
- RvR tasks should begin at lvl 40.
- Increase max RR level to RR5.
- Make mobs drop correct items for lvl 39 (not stupid stats as everywhere, example: item with dext +1, HP +2, cold resist +1).

Wed 23 Dec 2020 2:05 AM by Shenys
Could we have pictures of new thid and old thid please ?
Wed 23 Dec 2020 3:05 AM by romulus
Hi!

Shenys wrote: Could we have pictures of new thid and old thid please ?

You can google thidranki daoc fights on youtube and see the new and old maps.
These aren't the greatest clips out there, but they should be representational.

TBH, I'm a little disappointed about New Thid being offered as an option without it being promo'd first, but we should know the will of the Phoenix players tomorrow when they announce the results of the vote.
Wed 23 Dec 2020 8:14 AM by Uthred
The result:

512 = The old Thid map with the OF Central Keep
499 = The reworked Thid map with the NF Central Keep
119 = The current Map - Molvik

As you can see, it is very close (yesterday new NF Thid was 10 votes ahead OF Thid). Thats why we will do the following:

Tomorrow we will start another voting, which will last for 14 days because of christmas and holidays. This voting will be between NF Thid and OF Thid. We will also put in NF Thid tomorrow, so everyone will have 2 weeks to test the NF Thid map. No matter how close the new voting will be, the map with the most votes will win.

Im going to close this thread so the result doesnt get lost. I will start a new thread tomorrow as soon as the new voting is in. Thank you for everyone who took part in the voting.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Open Community Votes or the latest topics