Level playing field thanks

Started 30 Nov 2020
by Kaldoris
in RvR
Hi there,

I know not everyone is fan of the event, but I'd like to thanks the dev for the event. I'm really casual and such kind of event really helps to level quickly and most of all to be able to play the most intersting part of the game from lvl 1 on !

Hope we'll see some more coming occasionnally.

Cheers and take care everyone
Mon 30 Nov 2020 9:42 PM by Uthred
Thx for your feedback and glad that you liked it.
Mon 30 Nov 2020 11:59 PM by vog
As an old school player (2001-2004ish) who just found out about the Phoenix shard last week, I felt really fortunate to come into this game with that event going on. It was amazing. At what frequency do events like this happen?

Thanks very much for keeping this amazing game alive. I will be donating!
Tue 1 Dec 2020 12:05 AM by esponges
Can't remember the last time I had so much fun in the game. Reminded me a bit of those times playing PvP servers.

Great time for casuals, pros (I think), and great chance to level up new toons while having fun.

Hopefully we can see something similar soon.

Much respect for all dev/admin of this wonderful server!
Tue 1 Dec 2020 3:36 AM by Renork
Let’s have another during Christmas time <3
Tue 1 Dec 2020 5:39 AM by gotwqqd
I have about every class across the three realms I want, along with some classes having 2 or three setups.

Guess sit still could be fun to make and wipe, while getting decent salvage once hit 45.
Tue 1 Dec 2020 7:51 AM by Sepplord
it was a bit messy at start, staying in the same range as group but it was so much fun and our group of players will join these events whenever possible just for the fun, even if we don't plan on using the characters afterwards for anything
Tue 1 Dec 2020 8:39 AM by Lollie
It was fun and chaotic, right up until you ran into premades which spoilt everything for me
Tue 1 Dec 2020 7:50 PM by Wakefield
Lollie wrote:
Tue 1 Dec 2020 8:39 AM
It was fun and chaotic, right up until you ran into premades which spoilt everything for me

Every xp event has had that problem.

The first was the dot and kite method which screwed over a lot of people. Stealthers and non meta classes had 0 chance.

Then the premade thing took over, again it screwed with every class.

And this proving ground thing, people were bound to run optimal premade to get most rps and "win" the event.
Tue 1 Dec 2020 11:15 PM by Stoertebecker
Would be nice to get the event back over xmas or between xmas and new year
Tue 1 Dec 2020 11:32 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Lollie wrote:

It's almost as if this is a multiplayer game, possibly even an MMO!

Make some friends and stop crying.
Wed 2 Dec 2020 6:16 AM by Jingo NZ
The event group finder mechanic would benefit from a no archer/asssssin restriction.
And a group cap of 4 if you are premade (not using autogroup).
Wed 2 Dec 2020 6:46 AM by Lollie
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue 1 Dec 2020 11:32 PM
Lollie wrote:

It's almost as if this is a multiplayer game, possibly even an MMO!

Make some friends and stop crying.

Jesus, chill mate. I was nearly stating my opinion
Wed 2 Dec 2020 10:15 AM by Noashakra
Give a xp/rp nerf to premade or xp/rp boost to pick ups.
I went 40-50 quite quick on my BM alone, so yeah you have no chance vs premade, but you just go and leech everything and you still xp fast.
Wed 2 Dec 2020 6:07 PM by Vkejai
While I agree you should be able to play with friends in group etc, the premades was getting real fussy in the end. Made levels 36 - 45 without any healers and sometimes no speed in group , so the fun factor of levels 1 to 20 were soon quashed . Seems once you hit lvl 20 ish people become far to fussy with group set ups. Its not much fun releasing continuously to premades and guild groups. Even while the whole group can assist one target , CC and heals will just give you no chance as your group dont have any. So in the end you get no xp / rps unless another group AJ the group your fighting.
Thu 3 Dec 2020 4:10 AM by Boardwalker
This was a great event that I hope happens again soon (like others have mentioned around Christmas). It's probably the most fun I've had in an MMO in a long while.
Thu 3 Dec 2020 7:33 AM by Sepplord
Vkejai wrote:
Wed 2 Dec 2020 6:07 PM
While I agree you should be able to play with friends in group etc, the premades was getting real fussy in the end. Made levels 36 - 45 without any healers and sometimes no speed in group , so the fun factor of levels 1 to 20 were soon quashed . Seems once you hit lvl 20 ish people become far to fussy with group set ups. Its not much fun releasing continuously to premades and guild groups. Even while the whole group can assist one target , CC and heals will just give you no chance as your group dont have any. So in the end you get no xp / rps unless another group AJ the group your fighting.

How is CC and heals being usefull less fun in general?
If everyone simply assisting one target would always generate kills, wouldn't that be much less fun?
I get that it's unfun to die without gains but maybe shift the playstyle then. Even without a optimal grp you can interuppt enemy support instead of just having everyone assist.
Thu 3 Dec 2020 12:33 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Expfighter wrote:
Thu 3 Dec 2020 12:30 PM
the event was total garbage, 100%!
i actually tried it out and yea NOOOO WoW type BS!
all event 50's should forever do 1/2 dmg in rvr and have a title of "Event loser"

Awwwww, someone is upset that they missed their chance to camp the new characters in DF.
Thu 3 Dec 2020 4:02 PM by Sagz
Kaldoris wrote:
Mon 30 Nov 2020 8:51 PM
Hi there,

I know not everyone is fan of the event, but I'd like to thanks the dev for the event. I'm really casual and such kind of event really helps to level quickly and most of all to be able to play the most intersting part of the game from lvl 1 on !

Hope we'll see some more coming occasionnally.

Cheers and take care everyone
I 100% agree. This is the second most fun I have had on this server, the first being the first time this event ran! haha. The constant chaos and quick decisions that have to be made is so much fun. Not to mention trying out new 5 man set ups. The randomness of the gear and getting lucky or unlucky getting a weapon makes it so much fun. Not having access to potions/templates/crafted gear etc really makes it fun.

The people who complain are the people who think it will be relaxing, easy and you wont die and get mad cause they die. Even if you don't have 4 friends (yes, you only need 4 friends) you can still group with 2 or 3 and run around and let the rest auto fill or don't add anyone to you group. I ran in a group of 3 of us and went 1-40 in 4 hours and was RR3. Sure we died a lot, but hey knowing that going in is part of the fun, rinse and repeat.

I would actually like to see this run more often, the only thing i think would be nice is to change the map to a different BG or even TOA map or a Labby map with no mobs each time. Not game breaking by any means though.

Mordred style FTW all the way, brings back the good ole days.
Fri 4 Dec 2020 2:12 AM by Svekt
I used to be anti premade. Then I was all about premade when it gave me an opportunity to help some of my guild mates level on the other realms. Naturally we played together because that’s what we do. There was also zero action in NF during the event at our playtime. To keep it fair we mostly locked our group to a 4 man premade instead of 5. It may not seem like much but we were constantly out of power from dps with only 2 toons.

Hate it or love it every playtype can benefit here, you benefit more with more effort put in. We put in time to construct a group make up and commit to those roles. We saw plenty of archers and assassins that got kills on us and we were just as vulnerable to the dog pile style of fighting as anyone else was.

To be fair tho, the bigger difference is made by being in coms with someone so that everyone is aware of a call being made as it happens instead of having to look down and read. Every player has access to the voice coms in Phoenix so not using it is just foolishness.

That said the only difference between a pug and a premade is chemistry if both are in coms.

Even then, the game is 20 years old and if you don’t know how to get out of being the meat in the sandwich and become the bread then that’s on you.

Hate us or love us, we will keep playing. My suggestion is make friends and roll with them or use the event precisely for that purpose, to make friends. Then later when the next event happens you have someone to play with.

I’ve done premade this round and pugged all the way to 50 on two toons the last event, both are doable.
Fri 4 Dec 2020 4:09 PM by opossum12
I honestly think people like complaining for the sake of complanining.

I tried to invite PUG players into a 4 man premade I was building with friends but after spamming region for 15 minutes looking for a level 1 dps and not getting any answer, we just stayed at 4 (bard sham BD chanter) and made it to 35 in 1.5 hours and had a ton of fun.

I suppose that if people really are bothered about premades they would jump on the occasion of joining one. I wasn't even specific, I just wanted a 3rd dps class, whatever it was.

Some people in the autogroups just don't care. Having a shaman constantly ae dot over ae mezz makes me want to punch my screen. Having archers in your autogroup that just go do their own thing leaving you in a 4 man sucks. People afk, etc.

For the next event, I might suggest changing the autogroup rules a bit :

- Archers and assassins are excluded from visible autogroups, they can only join stealth autogroups (they can still join any premade group).
- If someone stays in CK more than 3 minutes, they are auto-kicked from the group and removed from the autogroup list.
Fri 4 Dec 2020 4:48 PM by gotwqqd
opossum12 wrote:
Fri 4 Dec 2020 4:09 PM
I honestly think people like complaining for the sake of complanining.

I tried to invite PUG players into a 4 man premade I was building with friends but after spamming region for 15 minutes looking for a level 1 dps and not getting any answer, we just stayed at 4 (bard sham BD chanter) and made it to 35 in 1.5 hours and had a ton of fun.

I suppose that if people really are bothered about premades they would jump on the occasion of joining one. I wasn't even specific, I just wanted a 3rd dps class, whatever it was.

Some people in the autogroups just don't care. Having a shaman constantly ae dot over ae mezz makes me want to punch my screen. Having archers in your autogroup that just go do their own thing leaving you in a 4 man sucks. People afk, etc.

For the next event, I might suggest changing the autogroup rules a bit :

- Archers and assassins are excluded from visible autogroups, they can only join stealth autogroups (they can still join any premade group).
- If someone stays in CK more than 3 minutes, they are auto-kicked from the group and removed from the autogroup list.
While it would be great
Level 1 is not priority premade
Tue 8 Dec 2020 3:12 AM by Freudinio
I had a ton of fun personally. Though heartbroken that I ported out my sorc mere hours before they changed the last bracket. With a total of 7 people out in the 50 bracket, some premades were still running the full 5 out there, go figure.

I got away with 3 50's all around rr4 and I only ran premade a little on my sorc during the last 2-3 brackets on Friday.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics