New target dummies

Started 17 Nov 2020
by Astaa
in Suggestions
Would it be possible to have a target dummy that hits back?

It would be nice to have a dummy that hits back so that defensive abilities can be tested out, obviously there are too many classes to be too specific but perhaps have them set to RR5, equivalent 52 weapon with a DW dummy, a 2 hand dummy and a s/s dummy, have them hit for 1 damage or perhaps base 100 damage or something. I realise I can just go and beat up a bunch of yellows/oranges/reds etc but that introduces loads of variables.

Another thing would be some sort of NPC that heals near the dummies for long tests.

Thanks
Tue 17 Nov 2020 9:58 AM by gotwqqd
Or just allow any reactive style
Tue 17 Nov 2020 11:56 AM by Gloti
What about a /-command for testing?

/simulatefight

No real fight, but all results. Could be usefull.

With a bunch of parameters, you can simulate any sort of fight and get statistics too.
Tue 17 Nov 2020 12:44 PM by gruenesschaf
Astaa wrote:
Tue 17 Nov 2020 7:43 AM

It would be nice to have a dummy that hits back so that defensive abilities can be tested out, obviously there are too many classes to be too specific but perhaps have them set to RR5, equivalent 52 weapon with a DW dummy, a 2 hand dummy and a s/s dummy, have them hit for 1 damage or perhaps base 100 damage or something. I realise I can just go and beat up a bunch of yellows/oranges/reds etc but that introduces loads of variables.

Another thing would be some sort of NPC that heals near the dummies for long tests.

Thanks

Not exactly sure what you would want to test? You are presented with the % chances of everything defense related when it occurs. If you mean testing reactive styles I guess the suggestion from gotwqqd aka always allowing reactionaries against dummies isn't a bad idea.
Tue 17 Nov 2020 3:29 PM by Cadebrennus
gruenesschaf wrote:
Tue 17 Nov 2020 12:44 PM
Astaa wrote:

Thanks

Not exactly sure what you would want to test? You are presented with the % chances of everything defense related when it occurs. If you mean testing reactive styles I guess the suggestion from gotwqqd aka always allowing reactionaries against dummies isn't a bad idea.

Some players may want to test out reactionary chains and their own reflexes
Tue 17 Nov 2020 9:46 PM by Astaa
...And also the differences in the effects of different styles

Allowing reactionaries as any timers on dummies would certainly work to a point
Mon 23 Nov 2020 7:44 AM by Lillebror
Make offensive and friendly spells work too. I couldnt heal the dolls, ended up buffing con, then removing it so i could heal for some testing
Mon 23 Nov 2020 2:39 PM by soremir
Also, can we put some dummies in the relic towns? Tired of porting to CS!! Only if its quick and easy of course. Its not a huge return, so probably not worth it if its crazy difficult.
Mon 30 Nov 2020 7:52 PM by gotwqqd
gruenesschaf wrote:
Tue 17 Nov 2020 12:44 PM
Astaa wrote:

Thanks

Additionally, while I was all for the damage variance, it makes testing styles/specs/buffs for optimal dps difficult.
Is there anyway to have damage be at a set level against only the dummies?
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics