Playing Field BG

Started 30 Nov 2020
by Gloti
in Suggestions
Please: integrate the Playing Field Event as a new form of BG for level 1 to 45. This will hurt or kill the normal XP-Zones for this levels but no matter. The server is no more a Classic-Server and the higher XP-Zones will not harmed.

- Level 1 to 45 with all the level-tiers we have in the event.
- RR-Cap of 4L0

Think about it, Thidranki and Molvik are dead, long live the Playing Field.
Mon 30 Nov 2020 2:24 PM by gotwqqd
I’d rather they not,
But I would advocate for realm points to RR5 to mimic the event.
It’s far too slow and painful with all the high ranks out there
Mon 30 Nov 2020 5:35 PM by BootySweat
was about to open a similar thread, but gonna hijack this one

Imho if Proving grounds pvp event would be a feature this server constantly has it would bring alot of people back and possibly attract a fair amount of new players aswell.

From my perspective:
I quit playing a while ago (OF was still in place but already had tons of lv50 toons and like 2-3 rr5-rr7)
I didn't follow up on what was happening on the server anymore, just by chance i stumbled upon the discord message that there was a pvp event being held.
Sadly i only realised that on Saturday evening.
So i told my friends and i got 2 of my old crew and even conviced 2 of my other friends that have never played this game to join up, and let me tell you we had tons of fun, and it felt like a great way to get people back or in case of those 2 totally new players to come learn the game with its core content which is pvp/gvg/rvr after all, right from the get go.
Now those two totally new to daoc players want to continue, but i cannot in good consience recommend it for them to go on and level to 50 and get sc'd, only to get smashed in rvr ( or being ridiculed for their lack of knowledge by their groups they eventually will join). They need time to learn mechanics , and the normal place for them to do that would be the BG's , problem is BG's are dead.

Replacing the Bg's with the event style zone
Level 1-40(45maybe?)
Lower the exp rate considerably in the lv35-40(45) range, so you cant lvl 1-45 in like 4h
RR-cap 4L5 for lv40 or 5L0 for lv45
no xrealm grping (obviously)
keep the auto grouping system
no access to /xpoff

just my 2cents, thanks for reading
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics