Purge must give a immunity timer for the purged things

Started 21 Oct 2020
by Germanknight
in Ask the Team
for exampel.

if you get mezzed or poisened or whatever and you use purge, i want to get an immunity timer for purged things for 30 seconds or more or less time ?
I think it will be a good deal ?
Wed 21 Oct 2020 8:59 AM by WildWilbur
If you get mezzed or stunned you already get an immunity timer. Else purge would be pointless.

Poisons of course got no immunity timer but I see where are you coming from. Delete those pesky bastards from the game, eh?
Wed 21 Oct 2020 9:55 AM by Noashakra
Germanknight wrote:
Wed 21 Oct 2020 8:51 AM
for exampel.

if you get mezzed or poisened or whatever and you use purge, i want to get an immunity timer for purged things for 30 seconds or more or less time ?

Poisons are not instant, and the asn have a bad melee table, low hp table, and their CON doesn't increase and STR is like the 2nd attribute. If you purge the poisons and there is an immunity, they can sit down, because they have no chance. It's the same for a DoT class, immunity to their dot after a cure/purge makes them useless.

Don't forget that poisons have to be applied, so you need to avoid the defenses (block/parry/evade) for that, and you need one connected hit per poison... So in an ideal world, you need 6s to reapply dot, debuff f/c and disease. In real life, you need sometimes 15+ seconds.
Wed 21 Oct 2020 7:25 PM by gotwqqd
Noashakra wrote:
Wed 21 Oct 2020 9:55 AM
Germanknight wrote:
for exampel.

Poisons are not instant, and the asn have a bad melee table, low hp table, and their CON doesn't increase and STR is like the 2nd attribute. If you purge the poisons and there is an immunity, they can sit down, because they have no chance. It's the same for a DoT class, immunity to their dot after a cure/purge makes them useless.

Don't forget that poisons have to be applied, so you need to avoid the defenses (block/parry/evade) for that, and you need one connected hit per poison... So in an ideal world, you need 6s to reapply dot, debuff f/c and disease. In real life, you need sometimes 15+ seconds.
assassins would still be fine if immunity was given
They’d be fine if they couldn’t rotate their weapons.
Wed 21 Oct 2020 8:39 PM by The Skies Asunder
Noashakra wrote:
Germanknight wrote:
for exampel.

I agree with this, but just wanted to add that strength is actually tertiary for assassins, behind dexterity, and quickness. Having immunity to some poisons after purge could be okay, but it definitely couldn't be DoT ones. I would still likely vote against it though. All the important things give immunity already (except Stop) anyway.
Thu 22 Oct 2020 6:27 AM by Noashakra
gotwqqd wrote:
Wed 21 Oct 2020 7:25 PM

You obviously don't play assassin, so you don't know that if the target purge your poisons and you don't reaply, it's a death sentence. You can sit down. There are some noobs that don't do that, and they are free RP. If there was an immunity, all the target would purge at the start of the fight when the WS/constit and dot are applied, and you would go back to the bind.
Also they have, like all the spells, 10%+ chances to resist depending on their level.

Thanks god you are not in charge of balance in this game ;p
Thu 22 Oct 2020 1:30 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Noashakra wrote:
Thu 22 Oct 2020 6:27 AM
You obviously don't play assassin, so you don't know that if the target purge your poisons and you don't reaply, it's a death sentence. You can sit down. There are some noobs that don't do that, and they are free RP. If there was an immunity, all the target would purge at the start of the fight when the WS/constit and dot are applied, and you would go back to the bind.
Also they have, like all the spells, 10%+ chances to resist depending on their level.

Or, and here's an idea, it would force assassins to target what they're meant to counter, casters, and not everything in the game with impunity.
Thu 22 Oct 2020 2:40 PM by boridi
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Thu 22 Oct 2020 1:30 PM
Noashakra wrote:

Or, and here's an idea, it would force assassins to target what they're meant to counter, casters, and not everything in the game with impunity.
When will we see Grymneperf in the frontier dominating "everything in the game"?
Speaking of which, my untemplated 47 zerk put up a good fight against an RR6 infiltrator yesterday
Thu 22 Oct 2020 4:15 PM by Noashakra
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Noashakra wrote:

And how many solo caster do you mee in the ZF? Hint: it's close to zero, except maybe some BD and necro.

Anyway, again, someone who doesn't play asn giving his mind. A good tank solo spec 5/6L+ can destroy an asn 8/9L+. Is it my fault if they go solo with group RAs and spec?
Dueling vs Euloggie and his palading, it's was 50/50 when I was 8L and he was 6L
Drunkstain, I don't win anymore in 1vs1 since he is 7L on his armsman.
Yarna, I won maybe once vs his reaver when he had purge and IP down. Reaver 6L.
Any merc 3L has a chance against me.

I am 9L5 atm.
OMG ASSASSINS SO OP!!!!

On every topic, you post something that shows that you have no understanding of this game.
Thu 22 Oct 2020 6:18 PM by gotwqqd
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Noashakra wrote:

Spot on
Thu 22 Oct 2020 6:52 PM by Tamy
gotwqqd wrote:
Noashakra wrote:
Germanknight wrote:
for exampel.

No, they absolutely wouldn't be fine. They would get destroyed. Yes, the assassin is in a good spot on this server and able to kill (almost) every other class. But that's only true for the ones that invested countless hours into temping, optimizing their gameplay, their weapon rotation, their knowledge of their opponents etc. I played assassins on this server as well as solo tanks and a little bit of solo caster. You always get more than fair chances vs. assassins when you got your shit together. On the other hand a bad assassin basically gets annihilated by so many other (decent) played classes.

For example a resisted disease envenom vs. my reaver will result in many cases into a loss for the assassin if he doesn't reapply it within 10secs into the fight. What I would partially agree is the fact that the /switch macro made it a little bit easier for assassin to (re-)apply poisons and I'm not a fan of that although I can understand the intentions by the devs and the benefits (also for other classes).
Thu 22 Oct 2020 7:00 PM by Noashakra
Tamy wrote:
Thu 22 Oct 2020 6:52 PM
gotwqqd wrote:
Noashakra wrote:
Germanknight wrote:
for exampel.

No, they absolutely wouldn't be fine. They would get destroyed. Yes, the assassin is in a good spot on this server and able to kill (almost) every other class. But that's only true for the ones that invested countless hours into temping, optimizing their gameplay, their weapon rotation, their knowledge of their opponents etc. I played assassins on this server as well as solo tanks and a little bit of solo caster. You always get more than fair chances vs. assassins when you got your shit together. On the other hand a bad assassin basically gets annihilated by so many other (decent) played classes.

For example a resisted disease envenom vs. my reaver will result in many cases into a loss for the assassin if he doesn't reapply it within 10secs into the fight. What I would partially agree is the fact that the /switch macro made it a little bit easier for assassin to (re-)apply poisons and I'm not a fan of that although I can understand the intentions by the devs and the benefits (also for other classes).

Funny that all the person who complain about assassins are not people playing solo...
People who complain about assassins are either terrible at playing or don't play solo at all.
Thu 22 Oct 2020 9:29 PM by Tashkent
Tamy wrote:
Thu 22 Oct 2020 6:52 PM
gotwqqd wrote:
Noashakra wrote:
Germanknight wrote:
for exampel.

[...]

This. It's actually pretty hard here for an assassin to kill a solo specced/geared visible with a decent rr. And even I can smash some in melee.
Fri 23 Oct 2020 5:54 AM by Noashakra
Tashkent wrote:
Thu 22 Oct 2020 9:29 PM
This. It's actually pretty hard here for an assassin to kill a solo specced/geared visible with a decent rr. And even I can smash some in melee.

You need a bit of MoBlock and MoParry, and hit with the 2H and switch to your shield between hits. But it's easier to complain on forums about how OP assassins are when you play badly and your toon has deter 9.
Tue 27 Oct 2020 12:54 AM by Horus
Noashakra wrote:
gotwqqd wrote:

Yes..or you don't play one well... because decent infiltrators can attack a target in reinforced armor in front of red keep guards, and still kill and vanish with 6 red guards, keep archers on them, even if target has purge, legion, pot and IP..all because purge is meaningless when you are dealing with a pack full of weapons and easy poison weapon swap. Maybe you should hang out in front of DC and watch and learn. OP is 100% correct. Purge should give you immunity to all ill effects for at least 20 if not 30 secs.
Tue 27 Oct 2020 6:51 AM by Noashakra
Horus wrote:
Tue 27 Oct 2020 12:54 AM
Noashakra wrote:
gotwqqd wrote:

Yes..or you don't play one well... because decent infiltrators can attack a target in reinforced armor in front of red keep guards, and still kill and vanish with 6 red guards, keep archers on them, even if target has purge, legion, pot and IP..all because purge is meaningless when you are dealing with a pack full of weapons and easy poison weapon swap. Maybe you should hang out in front of DC and watch and learn. OP is 100% correct. Purge should give you immunity to all ill effects for at least 20 if not 30 secs.

Hahahaha and you don't kill the guy and you wasted vanish in real ife and not in paper daoc. Why people keep speaking about things they don't know?

I can kill another sin if purge not up during the CD stun, but I need 7s. They ave 10% abs and 2000hp. The red guards will kill you during this time, they hit at 250+ and I have 1950hp. So a target wit renforced armor? No way especially if they are not sitting afk and use their potion or IP!

Why people keep speaking about things they don't know? Or even worst they lie through their teeth.

I don't play well. Sure dude. I am not the best NS around, but but ask around if I am garbage
Watch and learn about my class, which is 9L5 and every week in the top 30 solo kills... And who is your sin dude? Give me the name of your toon! Because you talk out of your ass.

Tue 27 Oct 2020 8:35 AM by Noashakra
Thanks to reese for the video to show how full of crap you are :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAX8m9uh3fY&ab_channel=RichMiller
Wed 28 Oct 2020 4:28 AM by Dsai
Horus wrote:
Tue 27 Oct 2020 12:54 AM
Noashakra wrote:
gotwqqd wrote:

Lol don't know about that. I run around solo on my BM and don't worry about an assassins with my purge and IP up. I'd love it if one tried that in front of the guards and I'm not afk lmao. Try again.
Wed 18 Nov 2020 7:36 PM by Hawkaye
I 100% agree with OP here. If purging debufs / poisons means a loss for the attacking Assassin, then that's fine purge is a RA and SHOULD give you an advantage. Having a 10-15 point RA totally negated by a free macro is just wrong. Either add in immunity for ALL purged effect or, make /switch a RA or get rid of it .
Thu 19 Nov 2020 3:30 AM by gotwqqd
Hawkaye wrote:
Wed 18 Nov 2020 7:36 PM
I 100% agree with OP here. If purging debufs / poisons means a loss for the attacking Assassin, then that's fine purge is a RA and SHOULD give you an advantage. Having a 10-15 point RA totally negated by a free macro is just wrong. Either add in immunity for ALL purged effect or, make /switch a RA or get rid of it .
Penalty time for switching
Thu 19 Nov 2020 7:09 AM by Astaa
Debuffs and status effects, yes.

DoTs, no.
Thu 19 Nov 2020 11:09 AM by Noashakra
A purge if you can't reapply debuff ws/c, you can sit with an assassin. So no immunity. Thanks God the staff will not listen to this or the horrible idea to have a switch penality.
Thu 19 Nov 2020 3:36 PM by gotwqqd
Noashakra wrote:
Thu 19 Nov 2020 11:09 AM
A purge if you can't reapply debuff ws/c, you can sit with an assassin. So no immunity. Thanks God the staff will not listen to this or the horrible idea to have a switch penality.
Just a sneak not wanting to lose one of many massive advantage over nearly every class
Thu 19 Nov 2020 4:10 PM by Lawdawg
This is exactly the issue with reapplying. If my purge is up, i have a chance, until the assassin vanishes when he realizes he may not win. If my purge is down (or useless due to reapplying poisons as soon as I purge), I have nearly zero chance of winning. The weapons skill debuff was a terrible idea in itself, but to negate purge all together by being able to reapply is out of balance.

Assassin fights go this way. We engage, I get diseased, poisoned, debuffed, snared....I purge and IP/pot/legion, I immediately get rediseased, repoisoned, redebuffed, resnared....I get to 20% health and the assassin just runs away, because his Viper is going to kill me. Between weapon swap and no poison immunity, this creates imbalance.

Noashakra wrote:
Thu 19 Nov 2020 4:14 PM by Sepplord
Lawdawg wrote:
Thu 19 Nov 2020 4:10 PM
This is exactly the issue with reapplying. If my purge is up, i have a chance, until the assassin vanishes when he realizes he may not win. If my purge is down (or useless due to reapplying poisons as soon as I purge), I have nearly zero chance of winning. The weapons skill debuff was a terrible idea in itself, but to negate purge all together by being able to reapply is out of balance.

Assassin fights go this way. We engage, I get diseased, poisoned, debuffed, snared....I purge and IP/pot/legion, I immediately get rediseased, repoisoned, redebuffed, resnared....I get to 20% health and the assassin just runs away, because his Viper is going to kill me. Between weapon swap and no poison immunity, this creates imbalance.

May i ask what class you play? Most visible classes have Str-based weaponskill and the change from str-debuff to weaponskill-debuff is neglible.
Repoisoning is also a classs mechanic from the get go, not a new idea
Thu 19 Nov 2020 5:43 PM by Cadebrennus
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 19 Nov 2020 4:14 PM
Lawdawg wrote:
Thu 19 Nov 2020 4:10 PM

May i ask what class you play? Most visible classes have Str-based weaponskill and the change from str-debuff to weaponskill-debuff is neglible.
Repoisoning is also a classs mechanic from the get go, not a new idea

Maybe Assassins should be required to think about what debuffs and damage (dots) to use immediately, and which to save for later in a fight, as all other classes are required to do vs. Purge. As it stands now, Assassins can blow their whole load before and AFTER Purge, in stark contrast to every other single class in game. As much as I hate ST resetting stun immunity after getting Slammed by a Thane, they still have to blow a timered RA to pull it off.
Thu 19 Nov 2020 6:47 PM by gotwqqd
I think they should just combine all the poison effects into one for the main hand .
I mean they really don’t need to choose what they want to apply.
Fri 20 Nov 2020 12:10 AM by Taniquetil
1. If you think its easy, come do it and prove it.

2. Many classes can instantly reapply after purge. Recast a dot, recast insta pbae disease from shaman, recast any debuffs on all caster classes and Champs.

3. Well played visi classes are all capable of absolutely handing it to an assassin 1v1. Honestly u gotta look in the mirror a bit, because funnily enough there are players out there who rock their toons and a lot of assassins are afraid to even attack.

Ask most decent sins. U gotta have your stuff together to fight:
- Shalelu (hero) (applies for warriors too tbh)
- Gotmag (vw)
- Yarna (Reaver)
Any good sorc or caba is a mare
- Obvs Necros - OP
- well played skald/thane
- Arnbjoorn (despite his weirdness) actually hits like an absolute truck. Berserker
- Flaxor - BM
- Bombzz SM
- BDs...because BD OP
- Jackle - Merc
- Smart Eld/Ench. One ench, forget the name was hella trolling the solozone a while (this is pretty tough to pull off and you’ll die a lot, but yeah)

Thats an extensive list of classes that are very capable of going toe to toe, and players who make u think twice about it.

Christ one guy even made a vid of him winning fights on a HEALER for a while...

So no. Its not the classes, its not that it’s unfair. Unfortunately, its how you’re playing your class.

Oh and lastly, would you purge a champs debuffs? No, you purge their stun. If you’re just purging poisons...you’ve got bigger issues
Fri 20 Nov 2020 12:51 AM by Cadebrennus
Taniquetil wrote:
Fri 20 Nov 2020 12:10 AM
1. If you think its easy, come do it and prove it.

2. Many classes can instantly reapply after purge. Recast a dot, recast insta pbae disease from shaman, recast any debuffs on all caster classes and Champs.

3. Well played visi classes are all capable of absolutely handing it to an assassin 1v1. Honestly u gotta look in the mirror a bit, because funnily enough there are players out there who rock their toons and a lot of assassins are afraid to even attack.

Ask most decent sins. U gotta have your stuff together to fight:
- Shalelu (hero) (applies for warriors too tbh)
- Gotmag (vw)
- Yarna (Reaver)
Any good sorc or caba is a mare
- Obvs Necros - OP
- well played skald/thane
- Arnbjoorn (despite his weirdness) actually hits like an absolute truck. Berserker
- Flaxor - BM
- Bombzz SM
- BDs...because BD OP
- Jackle - Merc
- Smart Eld/Ench. One ench, forget the name was hella trolling the solozone a while (this is pretty tough to pull off and you’ll die a lot, but yeah)

Thats an extensive list of classes that are very capable of going toe to toe, and players who make u think twice about it.

Christ one guy even made a vid of him winning fights on a HEALER for a while...

So no. Its not the classes, its not that it’s unfair. Unfortunately, its how you’re playing your class.

Oh and lastly, would you purge a champs debuffs? No, you purge their stun. If you’re just purging poisons...you’ve got bigger issues

You just listed all of those classes as viable targets EXCEPT when they're in the hands of very capable players. In other words, there's no rock to the Assassins' scissors. You basically just proved the point that everyone else is arguing for and you were arguing against.
Fri 20 Nov 2020 7:23 AM by Sepplord
Cadebrennus wrote:
Fri 20 Nov 2020 12:51 AM
You just listed all of those classes as viable targets EXCEPT when they're in the hands of very capable players. In other words, there's no rock to the Assassins' scissors. You basically just proved the point that everyone else is arguing for and you were arguing against.

Uhh...no, he mentioned that a good player on such a class will make a good assassin afraid (or at least think twice) of even attacking...

When class strength is discussed it is important to look at the people playing their class well, not at the bottomfeeders...a noob is ALWAYS a viable target, no matter what class they play
Fri 20 Nov 2020 8:18 AM by Tamy
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 19 Nov 2020 3:36 PM
Noashakra wrote:
Just a sneak not wanting to lose one of many massive advantage over nearly every class

And I'm just a reaver that still wants interesting fights vs sneaks and is also glad the staff is not going for your BS.
Fri 20 Nov 2020 8:22 AM by Taniquetil
Cadebrennus wrote: You just listed all of those classes as viable targets EXCEPT when they're in the hands of very capable players. In other words, there's no rock to the Assassins' scissors. You basically just proved the point that everyone else is arguing for and you were arguing against.

Yeah, no. I see that as being fairly good balance...and the defining factor as being a skillcap thing.

If both players are equally skilled at their classes, then yeah the visi will win. Funnily enough that is exactly what balance is.

If you want to just absolutely roll over a highly skilled asassin with a visi class by pressing 2 buttons or something like that, then I dunno, roll a necro.

Can guarantee that all but the very best assassins probably dont even attack most players on that list 1v1 any more. So yeah. Flaxor a RR5 BM for example has rr10 assassin’s scared to attack him...

Oh and he doesnt just slam people and hope their purge is down 😝
Sat 21 Nov 2020 12:34 AM by Taniquetil
Cadebrennus wrote:
I want rock paper scissors instead of a skill based game..

/End Thread.
Sat 21 Nov 2020 2:05 AM by Cadebrennus
Taniquetil wrote:
Sat 21 Nov 2020 12:34 AM
Cadebrennus wrote:

/End Thread.

If you're going to quote someone then be brave enough to quote the actual quote. Rewriting a quote is libel and just makes you look like a coward IRL
Sat 21 Nov 2020 7:16 AM by Taniquetil
Cadebrennus wrote:
Sat 21 Nov 2020 2:05 AM
Taniquetil wrote:
Cadebrennus wrote:

/End Thread.

If you're going to quote someone then be brave enough to quote the actual quote. Rewriting a quote is libel and just makes you look like a coward IRL

Nice gaslight. Comprehensive answer in the post above that which you handily ignored “which just makes you look like a coward“. All I did was create a clear summary of your last message a bit more succinctly for what you are REALLY asking for. You dont want skill based winners, you want rock paper scissors. We’re therefore arguing for different things. So nah, not ‘libel’ 😂 Not sure you can really disagree with it either. So. End.
Sat 21 Nov 2020 8:14 AM by Cadebrennus
Taniquetil wrote:
Sat 21 Nov 2020 7:16 AM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Sat 21 Nov 2020 2:05 AM
Taniquetil wrote:
Cadebrennus wrote:

/End Thread.

Nice gaslight. Comprehensive answer in the post above that which you handily ignored “which just makes you look like a coward“. All I did was create a clear summary of your last message a bit more succinctly for what you are REALLY asking for. You dont want skill based winners, you want rock paper scissors. We’re therefore arguing for different things. So nah, not ‘libel’ 😂 Not sure you can really disagree with it either. So. End.

All players equal, rock paper scissors. One player is better than another? That player should beat the odds and win. I hope that is simple enough for you.
Sat 21 Nov 2020 8:59 AM by Taniquetil
Cadebrennus wrote:
Sat 21 Nov 2020 8:14 AM
All players equal, rock paper scissors. One player is better than another? That player should beat the odds and win. I hope that is simple enough for you.

If only someone had given a list of players of equal skill who play a wide variety of visible toons that are capable of beating assassin’s (even ones far above their RR)

Would be even better if one of those...maybe a Reaver called Yarna (just theorising) had replied and explained that from their POV that the balance of power was also fine.

OH WAIT ALL THIS HAS HAPPENED.

What you said after I listed those skilled players is

Cadebrennus wrote: You just listed all of those classes as viable targets EXCEPT when they're in the hands of very capable players. In other words, there's no rock to the Assassins' scissors.

The rock to the assassin’s scissors is called being good at your class, a very wide variety of classes to choose from as demonstrated. No one elses problem but yours if you cant figure out how to beat an assassin with your class as shown by a varied list of people who absolutely dunk on assassins other than maybe the top 3-5 assassin’s on the server, with whom it’s an absolute nailbiter.

The fact that at that level the game is a neck and neck nailbiter IS FUN FOR BOTH PLAYERS AND IS KNOWN AS BALANCE!!!

But hey, stick to paper daoc, and stick to being the paper to everyones scissors. 🤷‍♂️
Sat 21 Nov 2020 1:12 PM by Cadebrennus
Taniquetil wrote:
Sat 21 Nov 2020 8:59 AM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Sat 21 Nov 2020 8:14 AM

If only someone had given a list of players of equal skill who play a wide variety of visible toons that are capable of beating assassin’s (even ones far above their RR)

Would be even better if one of those...maybe a Reaver called Yarna (just theorising) had replied and explained that from their POV that the balance of power was also fine.

OH WAIT ALL THIS HAS HAPPENED.

What you said after I listed those skilled players is

Cadebrennus wrote: You just listed all of those classes as viable targets EXCEPT when they're in the hands of very capable players. In other words, there's no rock to the Assassins' scissors.

The rock to the assassin’s scissors is called being good at your class, a very wide variety of classes to choose from as demonstrated. No one elses problem but yours if you cant figure out how to beat an assassin with your class as shown by a varied list of people who absolutely dunk on assassins other than maybe the top 3-5 assassin’s on the server, with whom it’s an absolute nailbiter.

The fact that at that level the game is a neck and neck nailbiter IS FUN FOR BOTH PLAYERS AND IS KNOWN AS BALANCE!!!

But hey, stick to paper daoc, and stick to being the paper to everyones scissors. 🤷‍♂️

I think it's adorable when you try to be clever. You deserve a foil star sticker for your folder. You really do.

The rock to Assassins' scissors are called Tanks, and they were originally designed that way from the beginning. The reason that Assassins can 1v1 Tanks with impunity is that Assassin players are literally the whiniest players in game, full stop. Assassins whined until they got what they wanted. Marc Jacobs himself designed DAOC and later CU with the rock paper scissors concept as the core element of the game.

"The reasons behind this decision is “[Rock-paper-scissors] lends an element of unpredictability and it gives us so much more freedom to explore different classes/abilities without worrying about having everything equally balanced 100% all the time” Jacobs says"
https://mmopage.com/news/camelot-unchained-rock-paper-scissor-class-balance

People like you don't care about balance, all you care about is that the class you play has an insta-gib button at the expense of the experience of other players.
Sat 21 Nov 2020 2:19 PM by Taniquetil
Cadebrennus wrote: The rock to Assassins' scissors are called Tanks, and they were originally designed that way from the beginning. The reason that Assassins can 1v1 Tanks with impunity is that Assassin players are literally the whiniest players in game, full stop.
I gave you a list of players who are able to beat assassins because they're good at their class. So yeah, this already exists. Regarding attacking tanks with impunity..... LOL see below a POV from a good tank player. What you are saying is far from true, see below, and see Yarna's reply. Yarna is capable of taking on assassins 2v1, i watched it happen yesterday .

Cadebrennus wrote: People like you don't care about balance, all you care about is that the class you play has an insta-gib button at the expense of the experience of other players.
Honestly, you're the one asking for imbalance here, and the removal of a skillgap. You want to press 2 buttons and auto win against an assasin. Let's leave balance as it is and continue to enjoy a good game. If the GM's would give you a RR11 assassin and me access to a list of RR5-8 ish characters from that list above, your choice, I'd rip you to pieces on all of them. Unfortunately this will not happen, and alas I'm not mad enough to play a solo visi class on this server where 3/4/5/6/7/8mans steamroll every soloer they see.

Oh look heres a convo between a RR5 BM and RR8 infil who enjoyed their two very fun fights and both respected each other and enjoyed the game. No cries of ‘OP’, no complaints, just gamers being nice, just two players of equal skill enjoying game balance. The first fight, I got obliterated, because I foolishly assumed he wouldn't play the way he did.

As you can see at RR5 he's capable of dunking on every assassin going except me and 2 others does that mean he loses to us 3 every time... no, it means a RR5 BM already goes toe to toe with RR11 assassins whom give good fights, does he look upset about that? No, in fact he's greatful that we still attack him...., honestly unless I get everything right, he'll still win, he recognised it too, and when I did beat him, he congratulated me for doing it, as he knew I was overcoming immense odds in doing so, even with him at RR5.

Him at RR11 honestly, lord help us, maybe i'd compete on my nightshade using casting cheese, but on my infil, even when im RR11/12 im probably screwed. That's Flaxor Btw. RR5 BM. He is just one example of a rock to my scissors already exists. Same convo can be had with all those other skillful players. Bad assassins dont attack him because they are scared shitless, that's what you want? Thankfullly it's attainable already and you dont need the dev's to rebalance the game to give you an 'I win' button to get there.

Sepplord wrote:
Fri 20 Nov 2020 7:23 AM
When class strength is discussed it is important to look at the people playing their class well, not at the bottomfeeders...a noob is ALWAYS a viable target, no matter what class they play
^ This.
Sat 21 Nov 2020 4:22 PM by Cadebrennus
Big deal. I have had a 50% win ratio vs rr9 and rr10+ (and even rr11) Assassins on my rr4 Merc ever since he was rr2. Does that make me a PvP god? I don't think so. Assassins should "dunk" on Casters (the paper to their scissors) and Tanks should have an easier time killing Assassins. That's where the balance actually is, because Casters should be able to destroy Tanks when they get the jump on them, and believe me they do.
Sat 21 Nov 2020 4:35 PM by Noashakra
Most of the people dunking on the asn OPness have no idea about what they speak about.
My opinion is that they are terrible players, or players with group spec/RA complaining a pure solo spec toon is beating them. Because god, if I could beat asn with my melee ranger, there are no excuses for a tank to lose...

You have no idea about how vital is the debuff ws/c because you are bunch of winners who didn't play the class. The class is balanced around its poisons. If someone purge and you don't reapply ws/c, you are dead, it's plain simple.

People should stop speaking about things they have no idea about. Cadebrennus posts everywhere, but he has no idea about balance in this game. His ranger guide was full of mistakes and misconceptions (recommandation to use a slow off hand...) and now he gives his opinions about assassins (and lol he tells us he beats rr11 with his rr2 merc, BUT ASN OP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think you make the case for a tank nerf instead lol).

Gotwqqd has no idea about game balance either, and my guess his weird creepy uncle must have played an asn in the past, so he holds an irrational grudge against the class.

Let the real solo tank tell you about the assassins, and they will tell you they are in the right spot. I even beat Eriel (rr11) 1vs1 today on my warrior (rr4, purge 2 deter9 mop 2 mob 2).
Git gut scrubs and stop wasting space with terrible ideas.
Sat 21 Nov 2020 4:46 PM by Taniquetil
Cadebrennus wrote:
Sat 21 Nov 2020 4:22 PM
Big deal. I have had a 50% win ratio vs rr9 and rr10+ (and even rr11) Assassins on my rr4 Merc ever since he was rr2.

Well, seems like you’re doing just fine then. Beating 100% of assassins below rr8 and 50/50 vs the very best, even at RR2, imagine when you get some RR and RAs. Easy clap.

Its balanced. Nice. Enjoy.
Sat 21 Nov 2020 7:50 PM by Tashkent
Cadebrennus wrote:
Big deal. I have had a 50% win ratio vs rr9 and rr10+ (and even rr11) Assassins on my rr4 Merc ever since he was rr2.
You beat yourself in this conversation, mate.
Sat 21 Nov 2020 8:43 PM by WildWilbur
Cadebrennus wrote:
Big deal. I have had a 50% win ratio vs rr9 and rr10+ (and even rr11) Assassins on my rr4 Merc ever since he was rr2. Does that make me a PvP god? I don't think so. Assassins should "dunk" on Casters (the paper to their scissors) and Tanks should have an easier time killing Assassins. That's where the balance actually is, because Casters should be able to destroy Tanks when they get the jump on them, and believe me they do.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt." (D. Trump)
Sun 22 Nov 2020 12:09 AM by Cadebrennus
Noashakra wrote:
Sat 21 Nov 2020 4:35 PM
Most of the people dunking on the asn OPness have no idea about what they speak about.
My opinion is that they are terrible players, or players with group spec/RA complaining a pure solo spec toon is beating them. Because god, if I could beat asn with my melee ranger, there are no excuses for a tank to lose...

You have no idea about how vital is the debuff ws/c because you are bunch of winners who didn't play the class. The class is balanced around its poisons. If someone purge and you don't reapply ws/c, you are dead, it's plain simple.

People should stop speaking about things they have no idea about. Cadebrennus posts everywhere, but he has no idea about balance in this game. His ranger guide was full of mistakes and misconceptions (recommandation to use a slow off hand...) and now he gives his opinions about assassins (and lol he tells us he beats rr11 with his rr2 merc, BUT ASN OP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think you make the case for a tank nerf instead lol).

Gotwqqd has no idea about game balance either, and my guess his weird creepy uncle must have played an asn in the past, so he holds an irrational grudge against the class.

Let the real solo tank tell you about the assassins, and they will tell you they are in the right spot. I even beat Eriel (rr11) 1vs1 today on my warrior (rr4, purge 2 deter9 mop 2 mob 2).
Git gut scrubs and stop wasting space with terrible ideas.

I only beat one RR11, and that is with my RR4 Merc.
Sun 22 Nov 2020 12:11 AM by Cadebrennus
Taniquetil wrote:
Sat 21 Nov 2020 4:46 PM
Cadebrennus wrote:

Well, seems like you’re doing just fine then. Beating 100% of assassins below rr8 and 50/50 vs the very best, even at RR2, imagine when you get some RR and RAs. Easy clap.

Its balanced. Nice. Enjoy.

RR6 can beat me if I flub a single positional or reactionary. Definitely not a 100% win ratio for me.
Sun 22 Nov 2020 12:12 AM by Cadebrennus
Tashkent wrote:
Sat 21 Nov 2020 7:50 PM
Cadebrennus wrote:

Sure, quoted out of context you can make anyone sound like they said anything you want. You should quote the whole thing if you want anyone to take what you said seriously, but you can't, because then you would be contradicting what you've just said.
Sun 22 Nov 2020 12:16 AM by Cadebrennus
WildWilbur wrote:
Sat 21 Nov 2020 8:43 PM
Cadebrennus wrote:

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt." (D. Trump)

Why in the world would you quote that, and then misattribute it, especially to a moron like Donald Trump? Abraham Lincoln is the one who said the quote. Congratulations. You just opened your mouth and removed all doubt that you are in fact, a fool.
Sun 22 Nov 2020 12:55 AM by Patron
WildWilbur wrote:

This quote is from Abe Lincoln
Sun 22 Nov 2020 1:52 AM by gotwqqd
Patron wrote:
Sun 22 Nov 2020 12:55 AM
WildWilbur wrote:

Lincoln....Trump

About the same....
Sun 22 Nov 2020 2:29 AM by Taniquetil
Cadebrennus arguing with himself. All direct quotes, not changed, summaries on top...

1. Nerf assassins.
Cadebrennus wrote: Maybe Assassins should be required to think

2. I want balance to be the best player wins.
Cadebrennus wrote: All players equal, rock paper scissors. One player is better than another? That player should beat the odds and win.

3. I want Rock paper scissors
Cadebrennus wrote: The rock to Assassins' scissors are called Tanks, and they were originally designed that way from the beginning.

4. l think tanks should steamroll assassins
Cadebrennus wrote: Tanks should have an easier time killing Assassins
clue, they do, if the players are equal skill.

5. I'm OP I steamroll assasins (despite all things not being equal and me being at a severe RR disadvantage)
Cadebrennus wrote: Big deal. I have had a 50% win ratio vs rr9 and rr10+ (and even rr11) Assassins on my rr4 Merc ever since he was rr2

6. Assasins are OP
Cadebrennus wrote: The reason that Assassins can 1v1 Tanks with impunity is that Assassin players are literally the whiniest players in game, full stop

7. Tanks are underpowered (or im lower skill and i wont admit it)
Cadebrennus wrote: RR6 can beat me if I flub a single positional or reactionary. Definitely not a 100% win ratio for me.
but you think the higher skill player should win right? So flubbing a style can cost you a fight?

8. I may have over promised on how much I won
Cadebrennus wrote: I only beat one RR11, and that is with my RR4 Merc
seems weird because all things were not equal and yet you still won. Nerf Cadebrennus.

You are genuinely arguing with yourself. What do you want? Can you beat an assassin? Cant you? Is it easy, isnt it? Are we OP? Are you OP?

Tashkent wrote:
This guy gets it.

Sun 22 Nov 2020 2:39 AM by boridi
So I guess we should actually nerf mercenaries. LOL.
Sun 22 Nov 2020 9:59 AM by WildWilbur
Cadebrennus wrote:
Sun 22 Nov 2020 12:16 AM
Why in the world would you quote that, and then misattribute it, especially to a moron like Donald Trump? Abraham Lincoln is the one who said the quote. Congratulations. You just opened your mouth and removed all doubt that you are in fact, a fool.

Patron wrote:

gotwqqd wrote:
Sun 22 Nov 2020 1:52 AM
Lincoln....Trump

About the same....

"Sorry losers and haters, but my I.Q. is one of the highest -and you all know it! Please don't feel so stupid or insecure, it's not your fault!" (Konfuzius)
Mon 23 Nov 2020 7:35 AM by Sepplord
Patron wrote:
WildWilbur wrote:

The only sane way to interpret it is that Trump is the best example of people Lincoln was advising to keep their mouth shut
Mon 23 Nov 2020 9:18 AM by Cadebrennus
gotwqqd wrote:
Sun 22 Nov 2020 1:52 AM
Patron wrote:
WildWilbur wrote:

Lincoln....Trump

About the same....

They are about as far apart as two people ever could be. One wanted to unite the country, one wants to divide it. Also, there's the issue of basic intelligence and common decency.
Mon 23 Nov 2020 9:22 AM by Cadebrennus
Taniquetil wrote:
Sun 22 Nov 2020 2:29 AM
Cadebrennus arguing with himself. All direct quotes, not changed, summaries on top...

1. Nerf assassins.
Cadebrennus wrote: Maybe Assassins should be required to think

2. I want balance to be the best player wins.
Cadebrennus wrote: All players equal, rock paper scissors. One player is better than another? That player should beat the odds and win.

3. I want Rock paper scissors
Cadebrennus wrote: The rock to Assassins' scissors are called Tanks, and they were originally designed that way from the beginning.

4. l think tanks should steamroll assassins
Cadebrennus wrote: Tanks should have an easier time killing Assassins
clue, they do, if the players are equal skill.

5. I'm OP I steamroll assasins (despite all things not being equal and me being at a severe RR disadvantage)
Cadebrennus wrote: Big deal. I have had a 50% win ratio vs rr9 and rr10+ (and even rr11) Assassins on my rr4 Merc ever since he was rr2

6. Assasins are OP
Cadebrennus wrote: The reason that Assassins can 1v1 Tanks with impunity is that Assassin players are literally the whiniest players in game, full stop

7. Tanks are underpowered (or im lower skill and i wont admit it)
Cadebrennus wrote: RR6 can beat me if I flub a single positional or reactionary. Definitely not a 100% win ratio for me.
but you think the higher skill player should win right? So flubbing a style can cost you a fight?

8. I may have over promised on how much I won
Cadebrennus wrote: I only beat one RR11, and that is with my RR4 Merc
seems weird because all things were not equal and yet you still won. Nerf Cadebrennus.

You are genuinely arguing with yourself. What do you want? Can you beat an assassin? Cant you? Is it easy, isnt it? Are we OP? Are you OP?

Tashkent wrote:
This guy gets it.

That's hilarious. You've literally taken everything out of context and stacked it all together as if stacked together it all means something. I now know your argument style.

Basically, after this it's not even worth responding to you based on how you like to misquote and rearrange responses in order to misinform everyone else here. Good luck with your conspiracy theories.
Mon 23 Nov 2020 9:23 AM by Cadebrennus
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 23 Nov 2020 7:35 AM
Patron wrote:
WildWilbur wrote:

The only sane way to interpret it is that Trump is the best example of people Lincoln was advising to keep their mouth shut

Haha good point. He did say he was a very stable genius though lmao
Mon 23 Nov 2020 11:06 AM by WildWilbur
Cadebrennus wrote: Basically, after this it's not even worth responding to you based on how you like to misquote and rearrange responses in order to misinform everyone else here. Good luck with your conspiracy theories.

"This is the first time in my life that I have caused controversy by NOT saying something." (C. Brennus)

Cadebrennus wrote: Haha good point. He did say he was a very stable genius though lmao

"Cogito, ergo sum." (C. Brennus)
Mon 23 Nov 2020 3:26 PM by Taniquetil
Cadebrennus wrote:
Mon 23 Nov 2020 9:22 AM
Big deal. I have had a 50% win ratio vs rr9 and rr10+ (and even rr11) Assassins on my rr4 Merc
I stat checked ya Merc. You've got 10 solo kills total, so i call bullshit.

But let's put that to one side, Cade, you never did tell us what you really want.

Mon 23 Nov 2020 7:27 PM by Noashakra
I though he was playing his merc in 8mans, he said it many times on other threads, and yet it's still 4L?
I played my warrior for 40h and it's already 5L.
Tue 24 Nov 2020 12:08 AM by Cadebrennus
Taniquetil wrote:
Mon 23 Nov 2020 3:26 PM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Mon 23 Nov 2020 9:22 AM
Big deal. I have had a 50% win ratio vs rr9 and rr10+ (and even rr11) Assassins on my rr4 Merc
I stat checked ya Merc. You've got 10 solo kills total, so i call bullshit.

But let's put that to one side, Cade, you never did tell us what you really want.

I played a lot during beta and haven't had a chance to play a lot since then. I also left the server (at least twice) for a very long time. You can check my /played if you want. I don't even play the Ranger anymore. Nice try on the ad hominem though. That deserves a golf clap, at the very least. And who is my Merc? Most fights are added, and I get to the frontiers very rarely due to RL stuff. If you have nothing going on in your life, then hey whatever works for you.
Tue 24 Nov 2020 12:11 AM by Cadebrennus
Noashakra wrote:
Mon 23 Nov 2020 7:27 PM
I though he was playing his merc in 8mans, he said it many times on other threads, and yet it's still 4L?

I was briefly, but ended up just farming xp items for the longest time since I could do that half-afk and still do other things. I've been soloing lately, again with the go out for a fight, kill/be killed, come back in 15 to 60 minutes, go out and fight again. I have a lot going on IRL so I just can't dedicate several uninterrupted hours per night every night like a lot of people who post here.
Tue 24 Nov 2020 7:50 AM by Sepplord
which is fine and no issue....it DOES seem dishonest though when you try to leverage personal fight statistics of 50%winrate in a balancediscussion without mentioning that the percentage is based on a samplesize of 10-15fights
Tue 24 Nov 2020 8:20 AM by Cadebrennus
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 24 Nov 2020 7:50 AM
which is fine and no issue....it DOES seem dishonest though when you try to leverage personal fight statistics of 50%winrate in a balancediscussion without mentioning that the percentage is based on a samplesize of 10-15fights

It's a lot more than 10-15 fights. Nearly every single fight gets added on by their side or mine, so it may start off as a 1v1 but neither side gets solo kill credit. Halfway through a fight, regardless of outcome, it's pretty easy to see who will have won. Most of the time it gets added with one or both of us at around 10-15% health, and it's very clear which way the fight is going. I'm including those experiences even if it doesn't tally in my stats as a solo kill. I've done about half my RR climb as a soloer, same as I did on Live with my Merc and Ranger, long before stats were implemented.
Tue 24 Nov 2020 10:07 AM by Noashakra
Cadebrennus wrote:
Tue 24 Nov 2020 12:11 AM
Noashakra wrote:

I was briefly, but ended up just farming xp items for the longest time since I could do that half-afk and still do other things. I've been soloing lately, again with the go out for a fight, kill/be killed, come back in 15 to 60 minutes, go out and fight again. I have a lot going on IRL so I just can't dedicate several uninterrupted hours per night every night like a lot of people who post here.

It would be fine if you didn't come to every post speaking about your experience about how the merc is fine as a peeler, and how the asn are too powerful etc etc.
The fact you barely play is not a good base to tell everyone how the server should be balanced.
Tue 24 Nov 2020 12:36 PM by Cadebrennus
Noashakra wrote:
Tue 24 Nov 2020 10:07 AM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Tue 24 Nov 2020 12:11 AM
Noashakra wrote:

It would be fine if you didn't come to every post speaking about your experience about how the merc is fine as a peeler, and how the asn are too powerful etc etc.
The fact you barely play is not a good base to tell everyone how the server should be balanced.

I play enough to get a good baseline, and in the forums I stick to what I know.
Tue 24 Nov 2020 1:35 PM by Taniquetil
Cadebrennus wrote:
Tue 24 Nov 2020 12:36 PM
I play enough to get a good baseline, and in the forums I stick to what I know.

What we're saying is your version of playing enough to know feels like too small a samplesize to actually talk about the subject matter, talk more when you have 500+ or so kills and some rank. To say 10 solo kills is enough to have your class all figured out on this server is indicative of that.

10 kills, out of thousands of people on the server is not enough to claim assassin's can attack tanks with impunity, or claim that a 50% win rate is over an honest sample size.

Honestly a well played merc is one of the most brutal classes there is, even give champs a torrid time. See Jackle - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWBhDIcLfig

Not going to stoop to personal life insults either, I have a great life, just took a 3 month break to buy a house, redecorate and spend time with friends having them over for housewarmings and such in responsible numbers, was lovely, even in this bizarre covid world. I'm happy with my life, hope yours is good too.
Tue 24 Nov 2020 4:26 PM by protege
Who is this Cade moron
Tue 24 Nov 2020 9:38 PM by The Skies Asunder
I play ranger most of the time. As hybrid spec I have 39 Blades, and 19 Celtic dual. I have evade 3, no parry chance, no block chance, less HP, less melee damage, and (in most cases) less ABS than tanks. The fact that I don't always lose to assassins tells me that tanks are probably entirely fine against them, and people who aren't great at soloing are probably just mad when they die solo.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics