Paladin Heal Chant & Wild Healing

Started 4 Nov 2020
by ExcretusMaximus
in Ask the Team
Someone in advice said Wild Healing will allow the chant to crit, so I specced it and in over an hour I have not seen it crit once; is it bad luck on my end, or was the advice incorrect?
Wed 4 Nov 2020 11:38 PM by Bradekes
Well in Beta I had a paladin with full mastery of healing and wild healing. It was very fun, and yes the crits worked on the heal chant. These RA also worked on procs & potions.
Thu 5 Nov 2020 6:22 AM by Sepplord
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Wed 4 Nov 2020 9:55 PM
Someone in advice said Wild Healing will allow the chant to crit, so I specced it and in over an hour I have not seen it crit once; is it bad luck on my end, or was the advice incorrect?

I don't know how many times you usee it in that hour, but assuming you used it constantly i am quite sure you should have seen a crit, if it worked.

This server has a streak protection system and not "real" RNG, so it would be impossible for you to be unlucky and never get a single crit (even though with true RNG it would theoretically possible to always fail the roll)
Thu 5 Nov 2020 7:37 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 5 Nov 2020 6:22 AM
I don't know how many times you usee it in that hour, but assuming you used it constantly i am quite sure you should have seen a crit, if it worked.

This server has a streak protection system and not "real" RNG, so it would be impossible for you to be unlucky and never get a single crit (even though with true RNG it would theoretically possible to always fail the roll)

See, that was my thinking as well, but at the same time I only had a 6% chance to crit (WH3).
Fri 20 Nov 2020 4:31 PM by Mortargent20
Any info on this ? i grouped with a Paly yesterday in DS and on the whole 2 runs he didn"t crit a single time on his chants. He had a separate window only to check that thats how he noiticed. Has there been a nerf ? Is it still worth speccing in that for a purely PVE paly ?
Sat 21 Nov 2020 8:06 PM by Noashakra
Mortargent20 wrote:
Fri 20 Nov 2020 4:31 PM
Any info on this ? i grouped with a Paly yesterday in DS and on the whole 2 runs he didn"t crit a single time on his chants. He had a separate window only to check that thats how he noiticed. Has there been a nerf ? Is it still worth speccing in that for a purely PVE paly ?

You need to invest points in the RA, otherwise you have 0% base chance to crit on spells, like hybrids.
Sat 21 Nov 2020 8:48 PM by gotwqqd
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 5 Nov 2020 6:22 AM
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Wed 4 Nov 2020 9:55 PM

I’d like to know the details of the custom mechanic. Streak protection?
When does it reset ? Are different attack/spell types tracked individually ?

Personally I don’t care for it
Sun 22 Nov 2020 7:12 AM by Mortargent20
Noashakra wrote:
Sat 21 Nov 2020 8:06 PM
Mortargent20 wrote:
Fri 20 Nov 2020 4:31 PM

You need to invest points in the RA, otherwise you have 0% base chance to crit on spells, like hybrids.

Was not me, but a paly in the DS group? I think he had like level 4 or 5 in each and never had a crit on his chants
Wed 25 Nov 2020 10:01 AM by Idra
I was playing high WH and get lots of crits on refresh, now it's totally broken. All pally of my guild played it that way,and that perfectly worked until this summer. Seems to be one of the ninja Alb nerf planned by the staff, as it always worked that way on live and here. Try to justify it now, as soon as the RA doesn't work on only healing way of the pally...no sense. It's the same kind of broken mechanism as the simulacrum "in combat speed" in spirit spec, that break in combat...

This screenshoot was taken from phoenix on 2/10/2020
Wed 25 Nov 2020 1:28 PM by Sepplord
Idra wrote:
Wed 25 Nov 2020 10:01 AM
Seems to be one of the ninja Alb nerf planned by the staff

yeah, surely the staff has evil nerf "insert your realm" plans all the time...

And of course, in this example, they chose to nerf heal-crits on paladin healchant, everyone knows that's dominating the 8vs8 meta and zerg-Bgs.

Do you conspiracy people feel smart when you type out such things, or is it just so backed into your mindsets that everyone is out to get you that you don't even notice it anymore?
Wed 25 Nov 2020 4:17 PM by Idra
As soon as it isn't claimed in any news since beginning of october, it's a ninja nerf.
Strangely, since the post, some modifications appears. Tried to spec WH again today, and, oh... custom changes
Refresh crit but no %info anymore, and seems to be far from the old frequency (still with 15%)

Wed 25 Nov 2020 4:57 PM by Sepplord
because bugs don't exist and every ninja-nerf is targetted towards "insert realm of your choice"
You said "ninja Alb nerf planned by the staff" which is just bullshit without evidence and twisting your reasonings doesn't distract from your bias

That said, i don't see much change between the screenshots, could you elaborate what you believe was modificated since your post? Might be misunderstanding something, but both screens only show % on that one heal and not the chant-ticks. Crit overall are lower, but baseamount is also lower (probably different buffs?)
Wed 25 Nov 2020 10:39 PM by Noashakra
It's a low sample size, but 6/47*100=12,77% which is really close to 15% (explained by the variance due to the low sample size)
I don't see how it's broken... Maybe you should try math before crying.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics