What classes and specs for DS ?

Started 3 Nov 2020
by JaggedOne
in PvE
I was looking for info on classes and specs for DS, and found a post dated 22Aug2020 that said this:

"Usual group nowadays:
- Cleric 42 enhancement: insta rez, MCL 2, Aug Dex4, MoArts4, MoArcane5, Purge 2
- Necro 50 deathsight: need cast speed and MoFocus
- 2x Reaver need MoMagery, MoArms, aug qui/str/dex, 3.0, 3.2, or more whips depending on RR, need to cap swingspeed to 1.5
- Sorc 44mind, need aug dex, moArts, mastery of focus, purge 2
- Paladin need experience
- Theurgist Earth pets, bubble and Cold DD
- 2nd Necro or Friar"

Is this still accurate ?
Wed 4 Nov 2020 9:06 AM by DJ2000
Pretty much, yes.
Obviously, the more experienced the Players are, the more lenient you can be with the "requirements". The Paladin can also be any decent geared Shield-Tank (with Def orientated RAs), but the Paladin has additional Util for the Grp, as the only job is Aggro-Management.
There is also those that go for Record/Fast Clears, those have their own setups.

The last spot can be filled in various ways.
-Wizard Earth spec for 50% Cold Debuff and Cold DD together with Theu Cold DD and Reavers 50 Flex Leviathan Style Cold DD Proc.
-Friar for Buff, Heal, Melee (more stability to the grp)
-Minstrel for PoM, Melee and Speed (SoS for Movement).
-another Cleric
-another Necro
Wed 4 Nov 2020 10:40 AM by JaggedOne
Thanks for your reply !!! Since you seem knowledgeable about DS, could you answer some class-specific questions for me please ?

1. My temped Theurg is 35 Earth/41 Ice. Would I have to respec her to get her in a DS group ? I have been told that she would have to have at least the next to highest Earth pet. So should I spec 40 Earth/36 Cold, or blow the bank and go 50 Earth/20 Cold and have the biggest Earth pet and red PBT ?

2. My Necro is 48 Sight. Is the 50 Sight (I assume for the highest spec AF buff) such a hard and fast requirement that he would not be accepted ? I ask because he is my oldest toon and I would have to burn a stone to respec him.

3. I was told Sorc spec for DS was 39 Body/36 Mind. Is the extra 13 seconds on the level 44 AoE important enough that I should repec him ?

4. You mentioned Minstrel for as a last spot possibility. I have a shiny new Mins that I started during the event. and just finished. What should his spec be ?

Lastly, since I would take one of the 4 above classes, can you give me an idea of what is the job for each class in a DS group ?

Thanks for all your help. BTW, anyone else that wants to, please chime in.
Wed 4 Nov 2020 12:30 PM by DJ2000
Well, prepare for some paper DaoC.
JaggedOne wrote:
Wed 4 Nov 2020 10:40 AM
1. My temped Theurg is 35 Earth/41 Ice. Would I have to respec her to get her in a DS group ? I have been told that she would have to have at least the next to highest Earth pet. So should I spec 40 Earth/36 Cold, or blow the bank and go 50 Earth/20 Cold and have the biggest Earth pet and red PBT ?

PBT is helpful, but not that crucial.
In order to go for 45 Earth would mean to lower Ice to 29. Unless you are RR11 (11+10) your cold DD would not be "maxed".

The 32-Pets are enough (to work with the AF debuffs (necro has 2) and live long enough so you dont have to waste mana on recasting them (unless they get AoE).
With RR4+ you can go for the 40-Pets, which is adviceable and easily achieved, but its not like there is any big/gamechanging difference to be had.
Its just to make the best out of a DS run, with the pet cap limit in place.

JaggedOne wrote:
2. My Necro is 48 Sight. Is the 50 Sight (I assume for the highest spec AF buff) such a hard and fast requirement that he would not be accepted ? I ask because he is my oldest toon and I would have to burn a stone to respec him.

Is a 250 Armor debuff better than a 201 Armor debuff? Well, there is your answer.
Nothing to gain from any supspec for a Necro in DS. Job is pretty simple.
AF Debufs, Mana leech and be the "Mana-Battery". Thats all you do.
48 Absorb Buff for Grp. MoF2(+6) for the 44 mana leech.

JaggedOne wrote:
3. I was told Sorc spec for DS was 39 Body/36 Mind. Is the extra 13 seconds on the level 44 AoE important enough that I should repec him ?

Depends on what else is in the grp. Also if the sorc is part of a fixed DS grp or just a "pug". Obviously there a ways to make things outside of the norm work, but that would have to be part of the DS-Grps playstyle and setup.
Body-Line has the 50% Cold Debuff at 46, the 30% Cold Debuff at 34.
Main tools are the Single Mezz, which is a lvl 50 spell just like the Lifedrain, and the Debuffs which needs various lvls of MoF.
AoE Mezz is mostly for the spawned Adds and anything after 36 up to 43(44) is of no use for a Sorc in DS and would need the same lvls of MoF like the Debuffs.
With a Wizz in the Grp for the 50% cold debuff, a RR9+ Sorc (to keep the Lifedrain "maxed" ) could go for 44 mind, but again: That would be something like a FIXED DS Grp that decides to go for that specific setup.

JaggedOne wrote:
4. You mentioned Minstrel for as a last spot possibility. I have a shiny new Mins that I started during the event. and just finished. What should his spec be ?

Unless you have some experience (and RR) for the Class and DS in general, better not even try that class in DS.

The thing is. You can do a DS run with some completely random classes and specs. With no RR even. It is not about being able to do it.
These "DS Grps" are basically GRINDING. Run after run, up to a point where the content is nothing but tedious and, basically, remains to be nothing more than a time investment with a fixed outcome.
And with every kind of grind you want it to be as "simple" as possible, as you will do run after run after run after run ...
That time investment has to be reduced, the run has to be smooth with no issues or hiccups. Thats what they look for. Thats why these "setups" exist.

So first and foremost you need to run DS a couple of times, with whatever class. After that, by just seeing and doing it for yourself, you'll understand what is important pretty quickly.

My advice: Form a DS Grp with ppl you know.
Wed 4 Nov 2020 4:03 PM by Centenario
https://forum.playphoenix.online/realm/pve/25725-albion-ds-runs-i-want-in#p139134
credit where credit is due ^^
Wed 4 Nov 2020 4:21 PM by Centenario
JaggedOne wrote:
Thanks for your reply !!! Since you seem knowledgeable about DS, could you answer some class-specific questions for me please ?

Lastly, since I would take one of the 4 above classes, can you give me an idea of what is the job for each class in a DS group ?

Thanks for all your help. BTW, anyone else that wants to, please chime in.

1. People will not verify your spec, if you are with friend and you want to be opti then go for better pets.
IMO whats important for theurg is at least blue pbt, good mana management of pet/dd. Good theurgs can do almost as much damage as a reaver.

2. Most people again wont verify your spec... good players will see that there dps is not maxed because the debuff is wrong. If the group goes with 2 necros, then maybe the other necro will debuff if he has 50 sight. If you are a true DS necro you'll go 50 sight.

3. Sorc is a lot more comfortable with 44 mind, you don't need to dps so much as sorc, your dps is low and you will make the job of the necro harder. I played both 36 and 44 mind, and I played all other classes, I highly prefer when the sorc in the group has 44 mind and spams the low lvl spec spell. However, if you run with an opti group getting away with 36 mind is less of an issue, cause dps is high enough to not need longer mezz duration.

4. Minstrel could be used in opti groups as main tank, I havent tried it. Could be done for the heck of it, but you'd need reavers to use both endo regen pots and endo pots. You'd need the cleric to work a lot more and not be melee dpsing anymore. Maybe you'd have to run a second healer too.

5. Theurg =
- Could assist pulling with root, but usually the sorc can manage alone
- Cast 3 earth pet (max) on each target, then kill them and switch to next target
- after 3 pets are on the target, spam cold dd on target
- stay withing pbt range when u decide to run it
- follow mechanics

Necro =
- Double AF and Con debuff then manadrain and lifedrain and give mana to theurg and sorc and cleric maybe sometimes to reavers.
- refresh debuffs
- not follow mechanics much

Sorc=
- Starts pulls, must know the targets to mezz and root
- debuff str/con and cold if necessary
- spam DD
- refresh debuffs
- follow mechanics
Thu 5 Nov 2020 3:39 AM by bigne88
44 mind for sorc.
Red aoe mezz and debuff are really good.

Necro is the hardest class of them all. There is a mix max celing behind it, involving pet melee attacking in the middle of the casts; join the DS pug discord channel and ask there (also use it to join groups that are formed daily: ask me for an invite if you need it).
So. The necro. Yea. One is for af debuff the other for mana battery.

If you wanna play sorc you must learn what to mezz and what to root: on the previously mentioned discord there is a good guide to follow. You can make a macro for every pull with written the stuff you have to do. After 3 runs you will know by heart.
Mon 9 Nov 2020 1:22 AM by JUSTNSANE
If your not going get 50 spec AF debuff you are useless in DS. -Cut
Sun 15 Nov 2020 4:22 AM by Lewk
24 min run - 2x reaver, 2x necro (at least 1 50 DS), 1 cleric (enh), 1 sorc (40 body, 36 mind), theurg(48 earth), paladin

You don't need 44 mind on sorc. We clear henchmen boss without ever actually killing henchmen, and that is arguably the most use for 44 mind. Maev even easier with gargoyles.
Fri 29 Jan 2021 2:26 AM by ageofwundur
thug spec is 35e 41i
- yochol #1 time holder alb
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to PvE or the latest topics