Tradeorder and realm trading in general.

Started 26 Oct 2020
by Wakefield
in Suggestions
Is it time we did away with the tradeorder command?
I have been hanging around on Alb for a while now to take a break from Mid, and the current money that is sat waiting to be traded from Alb to mid is still over 450 plat.

Uthred stated today via /trade to a player who wanted to start on mid that he could not trade plat without the tradeorder command.

Does this include trading feathers/ crafting orders from one realm to another? Ie 20k on mid for 20k on Alb? Not everyone wants to go farming in their new home(s), they want to go straight into the action in most cases. So that would include armor, sc, alc costs etc.

Also seen a few templates for Hib classrs being advertised for sale on Alb /trade.

I'm lucky as my Alb money came from the first time I had a holiday via levelling a crabby. But not everyone has the time to do that these days.

Just a bit of clarification please.
Tue 27 Oct 2020 11:12 AM by Sepplord
Imo the exchange rates must be adapted when money is sitting on one side and the tradeorders aren't getting filled.

Though that has issues with people not wanting to trade for that amount since when they put their money in other rates were advertised

Refunding all money and restarting the system with different rates, would upset people that can't immeditaly log and are then in the back of the queue despite having waited for weeks/months already

Hard to tackle that issue without upsetting someone, but it seems that amout of money in one realm isn't/shouldn't be the baseline for exchangerates
Tue 27 Oct 2020 7:00 PM by Six
the system is fine, cant be mad if there is no demand for what you want (and the way you want it)
Wed 28 Oct 2020 4:13 PM by Expfighter
Wakefield wrote:
Mon 26 Oct 2020 1:43 PM
I have been hanging around on Alb for a while now to take a break from Mid, and the current money that is sat waiting to be traded from Alb to mid is still over 450 plat.

Uthred stated today via /trade to a player who wanted to start on mid that he could not trade plat without the tradeorder command.

Does this include trading feathers/ crafting orders from one realm to another? Ie 20k on mid for 20k on Alb? Not everyone wants to go farming in their new home(s), they want to go straight into the action in most cases. So that would include armor, sc, alc costs etc.

Also seen a few templates for Hib classrs being advertised for sale on Alb /trade.

I'm lucky as my Alb money came from the first time I had a holiday via levelling a crabby. But not everyone has the time to do that these days.

the /tradeorder system is fine, just because you play on the easy mode PVE realm and cant get your money doesn't mean the system is broken!
Wed 28 Oct 2020 5:13 PM by imweasel
Or you could simply make money connected by account instead of realm.

Keep feathers by realm.
Thu 29 Oct 2020 8:26 AM by Sepplord
imweasel wrote:
Wed 28 Oct 2020 5:13 PM
Or you could simply make money connected by account instead of realm.

Keep feathers by realm.

that even worse and would have midgard players competing on the market with gold farmed in easymode albion/hibernia
Fri 30 Oct 2020 5:10 AM by Wakefield
Expfighter wrote:
Wed 28 Oct 2020 4:13 PM
Wakefield wrote:
Mon 26 Oct 2020 1:43 PM

the /tradeorder system is fine, just because you play on the easy mode PVE realm and cant get your money doesn't mean the system is broken!

FYI I have over 150 plat on mid what I got from my time there.

Dont need any more money on Alb, 30 plat is enough to template my toons there
Sat 2 Jan 2021 7:18 AM by JamesFullard
How exactly does this work? I did a small tradeorder from alb to mid tonight (I think) how long does it take to take place? I wouldn't mind reading some info on how this works.
Sat 2 Jan 2021 12:00 PM by Jafeeio
You always need a counterpart on the other realm and you get put in a queue behind everybody else who wanted to trade before you, so times can vary from instantly to weeks in bad cases.
Check out /tradeorder pending to get an idea how much gold is currently in queue for your trade

Once it's your turn you will get partial fulfillment, so let's say you want to trade 10p but the other person only wants to trade 5, you will get those 5 immediately and keep waiting for the rest.
Sat 2 Jan 2021 4:05 PM by dbeattie71
I have toons in all 3 realms. Mid sucks and I don’t bother because I hate being poor. Alb is by far the easiest to make money. I make it there and send it to Hib when I’m playing Hib.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics