New Quest Items? Christmas Socks.

Started 27 Oct 2020
by Parole
in Tavern
So yeah - new quests take about 5-6hrs total to complete. Items are 60ish with one of them being 74 utility. Should be higher utility imo...

I just did a quest for 6hrs to get items that MAYBE would sell for 250g each on housing. I could have done more with my time spending 6hrs in DS or farming blue mobs.

It's like opening up an awesome wrapped present for Christmas to find out I got another pair of socks.
Tue 27 Oct 2020 12:57 AM by Runental
Cool, you get a reward for a "by the fly" quest, because you do that encounters anyway sooner or later, but you still complain?!
Not surprising GMs are done with all this shit here and are upset as fuck.
Tue 27 Oct 2020 12:57 AM by Preacher26
They range from 67-78 total utility. I’ve ran the melee items with SI neck and TG chest in zenkcraft and it’s pretty solid base for new temps imho. Maybe not for hybrid weaponless etc but for new players and alts it’s pretty good.
Tue 27 Oct 2020 1:15 AM by Parole
why not make it 80+ utility. Just seems like a ton of time for very little reward. Some Dev DECIDED to pick these stats. They barely even support gemcutting...
Tue 27 Oct 2020 2:08 AM by Pogmothan
The bad part is you cannot gemcraft the stats to get them to 80 utility. Yikes, 6+/- hours for below average rogs.

Ooooooooooooof socks! Poor Timmy!!
Tue 27 Oct 2020 3:20 AM by gotwqqd
For the time needed spend to get the items farm for that time, but some 50-60 utility items for less than 300g. Make sure you buy the items with 4+ stats/resists with a score of one.
Now fill your holes with dust and ash.
Tue 27 Oct 2020 5:11 AM by Ibs
Parole wrote:
Tue 27 Oct 2020 12:38 AM
So yeah - new quests take about 5-6hrs total to complete. Items are 60ish with one of them being 74 utility. Should be higher utility imo...

I just did a quest for 6hrs to get items that MAYBE would sell for 250g each on housing. I could have done more with my time spending 6hrs in DS or farming blue mobs.

It's like opening up an awesome wrapped present for Christmas to find out I got another pair of socks.

Uthred listed all the stats for the items. You could've plugged in stats to an sc calc to determine the worth of the raid before wasting 6 hours then bitching about it in the forums.
Tue 27 Oct 2020 5:13 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Some people are incapable of being grateful or satisfied with a gift.
Tue 27 Oct 2020 7:10 AM by Sepplord
The whines make it sound as if having the quests disabled all other rewards you get for the activities...

wait, that isn't the case?
It's just extra rewards on top off the normal rewards for the activities?

Huh...that's wierd, why would people whine about additional rewards
Just shows to prove that entitled little brats do grow old, but not up
Tue 27 Oct 2020 7:13 AM by Ceen
Why no full cap weaponless template at the end?
This is shit
Tue 27 Oct 2020 10:50 AM by Astaa
They will help people that don't have hours and hours to spend on getting perfect items.

They aren't best in slot items, they aren't supposed to be but they will certainly fit the vast majority of templates, casters, tanks, support. They may well be not quite enough for a high-utility weaponless assassin or hybrid template but then not much does!

And it's not like it's a quest that adds an extra time sink, it's something on top of content that will earn the player feathers and potentially other items too.

Great little addition to the game.
Tue 27 Oct 2020 11:16 AM by DJ2000
5 Quest items + EPIC Dung. Vest = +11 Melee/Magic and stats/resis.

Its as Astaa said, a start to build upon that comes with doing those Encounters anyway.

It is on the level of the Epic Armor Quests. It is there if u want it, but you don't really need it.
This was never communicated or meant to be "Game changing".
Tue 27 Oct 2020 12:10 PM by imweasel
DJ2000 wrote:
Tue 27 Oct 2020 11:16 AM
5 Quest items + EPIC Dung. Vest = +11 Melee/Magic and stats/resis.

Its as Astaa said, a start to build upon that comes with doing those Encounters anyway.

It is on the level of the Epic Armor Quests. It is there if u want it, but you don't really need it.
This was never communicated or meant to be "Game changing".

I'm certainly interested in doing it. How many are needed to pull it off? Is there a list of what you can get?
Tue 27 Oct 2020 5:05 PM by protege
I appreciate getting socks for Christmas.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics