whats the stealther population you aiming for?

Started 24 Oct 2020
by Drughen
in Ask the Team
Hi,

I have checked the steallther population the last few weeks its is about 25%-30% of the total population, is this what you aim for or is it too high/low?

kind regards
Sat 24 Oct 2020 4:11 PM by Forlornhope
I don't think they really aim for high or low stealth population. Either way, the reason for the high stealth pop doesn't have to do with them. The reason for it is there's like no other reasonable way to solo on this server, unless you're a masochist. Even on my hunter I still get rolled over by larger groups about 25-50% of the time I engage on anyone. My options are pretty much either go to places where there are no enemies, kill xpers, or try to take down a target before I get added. It's even worse as a solo visi, even with speed 6.
Sat 24 Oct 2020 4:27 PM by ExcretusMaximus
They should have disabled stealth and given the stealth classes a compensatory skill at server creation (Earth Wizards are proof that they had no problem changing things in drastic ways), stealth has never been anything but a detriment to this game, but it's far too late to do anything about it now.
Sun 25 Oct 2020 12:07 AM by mattymc
It's sad that a Realm game is 30% stealthers -- it demonstrates how far <and rather clumsily> the game has gone to cater to a minority of players and allow the rest to suffer. Why stealthers or any solo player feels they deserve some special treatment is beyond me <and before you whine, I solo all the time on Visi's --- if I get run over (which I often do) Oh well>.

If the GM's would focus on what the game is designed to be and Balance it that way, we would all be much better off rather than the current slide towards live with which we now suffer.
Sun 25 Oct 2020 1:00 AM by IdiamVonGawaine
Drughen wrote:
Sat 24 Oct 2020 2:37 PM
steallther population the last few weeks its is about 25%-30% of the total population

That statistic is either incorrect, or insignificant, as it does not reflect the reality of the fighting that takes place between any of the vis chars I run in the frontier.

Even our small man guild PuG groups of 3 to 4 are rarely challenged by stealth groups outside of known locations, like docks or flags, and when they do, our speed / heals / cc advantage generally make them free realm points. We get wiped by other small man / 8's all the time, but rarely, if ever, by stealth. When running in a full group, stealthers become even less of an issue.

Stealth populations have exactly zero effect on any of the BG/zerg RvR we do as a guild with the hib zerg. There aren't legions of scouts and hunters destroying us at towers or keeps, or in the open field. Sorcs, cabbies and thurgs? Sure, but not stealthers.

Stealth chars are a a nuisance, at best, to solo/duo players and xp'ers, but to the overwhelming majority of players grouping for RvR on this server, they're pretty much a non-issue.
Sun 25 Oct 2020 5:25 AM by Horus
If it was not for stealth I would play much less often. Why? For my work/life/gaming situation I need to go afk often. A stealth class alliws me to login..try to play a bit solo..go afk as needed. Now you may say that is not the ideal way to play but would you prefer people just not play at all? Maybe many are in my same situation? Population with stealthers is better than a 30% lower population.right?
Sun 25 Oct 2020 8:31 AM by gruenesschaf
Horus wrote:
Sun 25 Oct 2020 5:25 AM
If it was not for stealth I would play much less often. Why? For my work/life/gaming situation I need to go afk often. A stealth class alliws me to login..try to play a bit solo..go afk as needed. Now you may say that is not the ideal way to play but would you prefer people just not play at all? Maybe many are in my same situation? Population with stealthers is better than a 30% lower population.right?

If stealthers were removed you wouldn't see a 30% population drop, sure, you'd see quite a few of them leave as stealthers is all they care about in daoc but many more would at least at first try to solo / small man on a visible and if enough do it to make it worthwhile it could sustain for quite a while, however, the lack of speedwarp makes playing without speed 5 as visible rather frustrating.
Basically in the short term you would have the healthy effect of more visible solos / small man but in the long term you'd just see a rather huge gain in skald / minst population if stealthers were removed.
Sun 25 Oct 2020 8:38 AM by Noashakra
mattymc wrote:
Sun 25 Oct 2020 12:07 AM
It's sad that a Realm game is 30% stealthers -- it demonstrates how far <and rather clumsily> the game has gone to cater to a minority of players and allow the rest to suffer. Why stealthers or any solo player feels they deserve some special treatment is beyond me <and before you whine, I solo all the time on Visi's --- if I get run over (which I often do) Oh well>.

If the GM's would focus on what the game is designed to be and Balance it that way, we would all be much better off rather than the current slide towards live with which we now suffer.

It's 20% max, 30% is false. Every time I check it's between 15 and 20%.
And most of the archers are playing in BG.
What are you suffering? Why are they cattering to stealthers? What is your solo toon, I am reaaaaaaaally curious about that. I am sure you are part of the coast guarding a-hole that jumps on every 1vsX they find if you do.
(I always laugh when people say they solo, but when you check their stats, they avec 200 solo kills at the 9/10L LOL)

Funny, we have a lot of solo visi in the solo discord, and their main problem is the 8 mans / small man zergs, not the stealthers!

I see you complaining without evidence or aguments on every post, it gets old man.
Sun 25 Oct 2020 4:12 PM by carlwinslow
Stealthers have been OP on this server since day 1. Vanish is op for one thing and stealthers should never have been given purge beyond purge 3.
5 minute purge and det is too forgiving on top of having vanish. Lastly assassins are able to restealth too quickly, it should be bumped to like 12-15 seconds after an attack or getting hit.
Sun 25 Oct 2020 5:08 PM by Azrael
IdiamVonGawaine wrote:
Sun 25 Oct 2020 1:00 AM
Stealth populations have exactly zero effect on any of the BG/zerg RvR we do as a guild with the hib zerg. There aren't legions of scouts and hunters destroying us at towers or keeps, or in the open field. Sorcs, cabbies and thurgs? Sure, but not stealthers.

lol, tell that polemo when this ranger grp with bard and druid are deffing a keep. Even if I play hib lastly it really seems more than just annoying. You should play small on another realm than hib then you see how annoying these ranger gatherings are.
Beside that, I would vote +1 on /delete stealth in general
Sun 25 Oct 2020 5:10 PM by Forlornhope
The only problem with stealthers right now are all the 5+ stealth groups running around.
Sun 25 Oct 2020 5:16 PM by Noashakra
carlwinslow wrote:
Sun 25 Oct 2020 4:12 PM
Stealthers have been OP on this server since day 1. Vanish is op for one thing and stealthers should never have been given purge beyond purge 3.
5 minute purge and det is too forgiving on top of having vanish. Lastly assassins are able to restealth too quickly, it should be bumped to like 12-15 seconds after an attack or getting hit.

It's funny, but no visi soloers think stealthers are OP in duels. Strong? Yeah. OP? Nope.
I wonder why it's always the ones that don't solo who think that... They go solo with deter9 and their group spec and cry that a class that invested all their points to solo kill them.

You do know you have tools to avoid them to restealth? Like instants, or dd charges?
And you have something called SL pots too to find them.

People really like to complain just to complain.
Sun 25 Oct 2020 5:32 PM by Valaraukar
Noashakra wrote:
Sun 25 Oct 2020 5:16 PM
carlwinslow wrote:
Sun 25 Oct 2020 4:12 PM

It's funny, but no visi soloers think stealthers are OP in duels. Strong? Yeah. OP? Nope.
I wonder why it's always the ones that don't solo who think that... They go solo with deter9 and their group spec and cry that a class that invested all their points to solo kill them.

You do know you have tools to avoid them to restealth? Like instants, or dd charges?
And you have something called SL pots too to find them.

People really like to complain just to complain.

OMG I have to agree with Noashakra...will the world end soon??

I think that stealthers are strong but not OP (apart from Rangers but this is another issue). The only thing that I find really really annoying with stealthers is Vanish. It drives me crazy, because it's not a RA meant to win a fight but only to escape. So basically you can win against an assassin only if he has vanish down, otherwise you can only draw, at best, or die. There is no counter against it.
Sun 25 Oct 2020 6:04 PM by mattymc
Vanish is crap; hafta concur. The problem is not solo stealthers, the problem is MOST stealthers DON'T solo -- and stealth zergs are way OP --- Mostly because they prey on solo's or wait on 2/3/4 to one odd fights.

Stealthers are impossible to balance in the game and have simply been given too much --- nothing will be done because actually doing something requires a vision for the game.
Sun 25 Oct 2020 6:19 PM by Noashakra
mattymc wrote:
Sun 25 Oct 2020 6:04 PM
Vanish is crap; hafta concur. The problem is not solo stealthers, the problem is MOST stealthers DON'T solo -- and stealth zergs are way OP --- Mostly because they prey on solo's or wait on 2/3/4 to one odd fights.

Stealthers are impossible to balance in the game and have simply been given too much --- nothing will be done because actually doing something requires a vision for the game.

Who is your solo toon, I am still waiting...

So now we go from stealthers OP, to stealth groups OP... Already a huge change in the discussion..

Stealth zergs are annoying, it's true and I would buff the detection range again against everyone in a stealth group.
Sun 25 Oct 2020 11:10 PM by mattymc
Noashakra wrote:
Sun 25 Oct 2020 6:19 PM
mattymc wrote:

So now we go from stealthers OP, to stealth groups OP... Already a huge change in the discussion..

Stealth zergs are annoying, it's true and I would buff the detection range again against everyone in a stealth group.

Your ignorance amazes me...tell me why we must cater to solo's in a group/BG game? Tell me why when someone says or intimates that stealthers are OP everyone has to 100% buy that??? WTF do you care what or who I solo on? I have a do solo on anything I damn well please and take the consequences as they come....

Stealthers were put into the game to assist the realm war --- people found them fun to solo on -- fine. Why do we then give them all kinds of buffed crap from live without giving the same buffed crap that helped smash them to the visi's at the same power level -- cause here on Phoenix that is what has happened; so why do we cater to such a small minority while the RvR game is circling the bowl.....GM's need to get a vision and stick with it or we will continue the descent into the live paradigm
Sun 25 Oct 2020 11:33 PM by IdiamVonGawaine
Azrael wrote:
Sun 25 Oct 2020 5:08 PM
lol, tell that polemo when this ranger grp with bard and druid are deffing a keep. E

Oh, it's just the "ranger group with a bard"? That's it? Not the other hibs in the keep WITH SIEGE?

LOL!
That's funny, considering alb groups using cats, DoTs, CC, and GTAOE make manning the walls or the roof of keeps impossible to shoot from due to rupts and dammage while I'm on my ranger. Maybe you're going up against "super rangers" with MoC hax, or maybe you're just complaining about losing to the gojillion other hibs defending the same keep, and just blaming it on archers out of convenience and spite. Regardless, your opinion does not reflect the reality of RvR, and the realm map reflects that almost daily with the loss of 4 or more keeps to both albs and mids.

The fact you solely attack rangers for assisting demonstrates your unrational bias against them, as EVERY class in the game assists, and EVERY class in the game melts the targets they do. Yet you make no mention of caster or melee assist trains, both of which I also participate in on my caster and melee chars.

Your opinion is unreasonable, due to your bias, and will therefore be ignored.

mattymc wrote:

They're doing the same thing everyone else does, except instead of using speed and crowd control to survive, they use stealth, and yet that's somehow wrong or unfair? No. the answer is no, it isn't.
Sun 25 Oct 2020 11:35 PM by Nidd
Oil is OP, pls nerf so many die under it.
Mon 26 Oct 2020 12:09 AM by carlwinslow
Stealthers should be glass cannons, not 15 minute vanish and 5 minute purge get out of any bad situation characters. 30 minute vanish and 15 minute purge is what they should get and nothing better. Btw I am primarily a solo player but solo on P is garbage sadly. Not only because everyone likes gang banging solo players but also because of bad balance choices.
Mon 26 Oct 2020 12:44 AM by Six
Azrael wrote:
IdiamVonGawaine wrote:
Sun 25 Oct 2020 1:00 AM

lol, tell that polemo when this ranger grp with bard and druid are deffing a keep. Even if I play hib lastly it really seems more than just annoying. You should play small on another realm than hib then you see how annoying these ranger gatherings are.
Beside that, I would vote +1 on /delete stealth in general

absolutely but somebody already said it. sadly its far too baked into the game. imo that doesnt change the fact that i have never seen any invisibility in a game that didnt cause a huge (and the primary) balance issue.
Mon 26 Oct 2020 2:20 AM by Messerjockel
Yeah, I think it is too late for this server.
If there is ever a new DAOC server than I hope they are not permitting stealth at all
Stealth how it was introduced in DAOC caused and still causes a lot of grief and makes visible solo game difficult.
If you read the blog about stealth in CU than you learn that they are not going to introduce an assassin class like it is here ever.
They learned from this mistake.
They used keywords in the blog which clearly pointing at DAOC assassins.

For me they could remove stealth or stealth classes from this server tomorrow and it would be supported by me.

At the release of this server in OF i played sometimes visible classes solo but in NF with choke points at the dock not anymore.
I remember in OF it was always tough to get through the mile gates but if you passed it, the frontier opened up.

Flup, hib Ranger.
Mon 26 Oct 2020 2:58 AM by Lokkjim
Messerjockel wrote:
Mon 26 Oct 2020 2:20 AM
Yeah, I think it is too late for this server.
If there is ever a new DAOC server than I hope they are not permitting stealth at all
Stealth how it was introduced in DAOC caused and still causes a lot of grief and makes visible solo game difficult.
If you read the blog about stealth in CU than you learn that they are not going to introduce an assassin class like it is here ever.
They used keywords in the blog which clearly pointing at DAOC assassins.

For me they could remove stealth or stealth classes from this server tomorrow and it would be supported by me.

At the release of this server in OF i played sometimes visible classes solo but in NF with choke points at the dock not anymore.
I remember in OF it was always tough to get through the mile gates but if you passed it, the frontier opened up.

Flup, hib Ranger.

gruenesschaf wrote: Basically in the short term you would have the healthy effect of more visible solos / small man but in the long term you'd just see a rather huge gain in skald / minst population if stealthers were removed.

All the stealthers would just become a skald or a minstrel and the visible solo population would still complain unless they are a minstrel/skald.
Mon 26 Oct 2020 7:08 AM by easytoremember
Messerjockel wrote:
Mon 26 Oct 2020 2:20 AM
R O F L
Mark Jacobs performed the miracle of taking everything he thought was good from something that was good and making something that can't be good with any amount of polish. You can safely use the guy as a metric to measure the distance between a fine product and what is originally envisioned with respect to DAoC

Props for developing a low resource-intensive engine as by-product though lmao. That engine on its own is the successor to DAoC waiting for some capable hands to write the game for it, not CU
Mon 26 Oct 2020 7:44 AM by Noashakra
mattymc wrote:
Sun 25 Oct 2020 11:10 PM
Noashakra wrote:
mattymc wrote:

Your ignorance amazes me...tell me why we must cater to solo's in a group/BG game? Tell me why when someone says or intimates that stealthers are OP everyone has to 100% buy that??? WTF do you care what or who I solo on? I have a do solo on anything I damn well please and take the consequences as they come....

Stealthers were put into the game to assist the realm war --- people found them fun to solo on -- fine. Why do we then give them all kinds of buffed crap from live without giving the same buffed crap that helped smash them to the visi's at the same power level -- cause here on Phoenix that is what has happened; so why do we cater to such a small minority while the RvR game is circling the bowl.....GM's need to get a vision and stick with it or we will continue the descent into the live paradigm

Si let me be clear for everyone. You don't solo. Yet you complain about stealthers groups are OP and farming solos. It's because 3vs3 a stealth group is usually disadvantage vs 3 visi (not always the case for alb with a ministrel usually but ok, I would remove stealth from mincer myself).

I care if you solo, because you would have maybe an idea about how strong sins are, and you would not complain about the strength of the class. And you use the fact those people gank on solos to ask for a nerf. lmao.

Then you say assassins are supposed to help in the realm war.
How? An asn is worth shit in attack or defense of structure. A light tank is much better. Poisons are useless vs someone in a group with healers, and without vanish, you die in 3secs.

I am a liar, but you are the one giving false facts about stealthers being 30% of the population, it's the pot calling the kettle black LOL!

Why should we catter about solos ? Because they are the food for small mans. If there are no solo, small mans have no targets. If small mans have no targets, they will stop going out and play less. And then step by step, the population diminishes. But I am sure in your infinite wisdom, you knew that xD!!!
Also, stealthers give lots of infos to the bg about ennemies moving through the zf.

On every poste you make, you lie about numbers (it was the same on mid is dying) and show that you have no idea about game balancing. Now you can stop posting.

Next please!
Mon 26 Oct 2020 10:54 AM by Stoertebecker
Lokkjim wrote:
Mon 26 Oct 2020 2:58 AM
All the stealthers would just become a skald or a minstrel and the visible solo population would still complain unless they are a minstrel/skald.

Or they stop playing at all if they can`t play what and how they want.
Mon 26 Oct 2020 12:09 PM by PoisonClovers
Remove viper 5 is the answer. also when u made it one button to switch weapons from your bag all u did was make it possible for even a novice to keep a target debuffed the whole fight without fumbling around dragging and dropping weapons.

The Class was never meant to be able to have +50 from bleed, +80-140 (body ressist) from viper 5,, epic dungeon weapon Stackable dot( energy ), Crafted DoT(matter) all STACKING.

I play stealthers. And hate the fact that i have to spec anything to compete. Takes away so much from the game. the uniqueness from the class is gone. they are all cookie cutter specd and whoever has more RR wins 95% of the time.

Unlike most of the people in this thread posting an opinion, I actually solo.

everyone seems to forget that, their to this day are weapons that proc'd end remover or +end and those changed the tide of a fight. Potions have removed so much from the game and have made some classes do things they where never even intended to be able to do ( scout slamming 4 people and still having end to sprint away ) watching a stealther completely and utterly destroy 4-5 people consecutively is just a joke. but hey its all IMO.

so yes i wouldn't be sad to see my favorite genre of chars be removed from the game, because its just out of hand now.
Mon 26 Oct 2020 12:42 PM by gotwqqd
PoisonClovers wrote:
Mon 26 Oct 2020 12:09 PM
Remove viper 5 is the answer. also when u made it one button to switch weapons from your bag all u did was make it possible for even a novice to keep a target debuffed the whole fight without fumbling around dragging and dropping weapons.

The Class was never meant to be able to have +50 from bleed, +80-140 (body ressist) from viper 5,, epic dungeon weapon Stackable dot( energy ), Crafted DoT(matter) all STACKING.

I play stealthers. And hate the fact that i have to spec anything to compete. Takes away so much from the game. the uniqueness from the class is gone. they are all cookie cutter specd and whoever has more RR wins 95% of the time.

everyone seems to forget that, their to this day are weapons that proc'd end remover or +end and those changed the tide of a fight. Potions have removed so much from the game and have made some classes do things they where never even intended to be able to do ( scout slamming 4 people and still having end to sprint away ) watching a stealther completely and utterly destroy 4-5 people consecutively is just a joke. but hey its all IMO.

so yes i wouldn't be sad to see my favorite genre of chars be removed from the game, because its just out of hand now.
Take away either
Swapping with no penalties (not only assassins but those using shield in between each attack)
Or
Poison only applied on equipped weapons
Mon 26 Oct 2020 12:54 PM by Noashakra
PoisonClovers wrote:
Mon 26 Oct 2020 12:09 PM

WTF are you on. Viper is 100 per tick on a lvl 50 with resist caped (instead of 65, for 30 RA points). 140 hahahaha, suuuuuuuuuuuuuuure.
Stealther killing 5 targets back to back. You should stop killing grey my man.
You know what costs also 30 RA points, and took me to 50% vs a Zerk AFK? Reflex attack 5.........................
Tell me again how viper is OP!

I never see 50 from bleeds, even vs the inf that is the most likely to do it. I don't even reach 20 in most of my fights.

WTF, why people keep lying in this thread?

I always love people who say "I solo" when nobody knows who they are.

Take away either
Swapping with no penalties (not only assassins but those using shield in between each attack)
Or
Poison only applied on equipped weapons

Thanks god nobody will listen to you on this :p
Mon 26 Oct 2020 1:01 PM by DinoTriz
You know who kills a lot of people on this server? Casters.

They make up 89% of the population.

Casting spells ruins the game. Please remove spells. They just ruin everyone's experience honestly.

If we banned spells, the population would flourish tomorrow.

Visible melees make up 9% of our population. I can see where this server needs more help.

Give casters staves and nothing else so Berserkers can compete.
Mon 26 Oct 2020 3:49 PM by inoeth
carlwinslow wrote:
Mon 26 Oct 2020 12:09 AM
Stealthers should be glass cannons, not 15 minute vanish and 5 minute purge get out of any bad situation characters. 30 minute vanish and 15 minute purge is what they should get and nothing better. Btw I am primarily a solo player but solo on P is garbage sadly. Not only because everyone likes gang banging solo players but also because of bad balance choices.

and who are you that you decide what should and should not?
i heavily doubt you are a solo player tbh if you think purge is a problem
in fact assassins/archers are glass cannons in most cases
Mon 26 Oct 2020 4:01 PM by bculpepper
Assassins aren't the problem on this server. Archery is - mostly rangers.

Right now the population is 313. 72 are stealth (23%). For hib its 107 with 42 stealth (40%). Its no secret that on a server with limited buffs that the PF line for rangers makes them extremely powerful. People naturally migrate to the more powerful classes. I'd be curious to know the split between assassins and archer

Any notion of any assassin taking 5 people at a time just ruins your credibility. Archer groups are a problem - not solos and not assassins. The only assassins I've seen with back-to-back kills is RR11+ which frankly is a combination of skill and a lot of RR. Its the extreme exception and not the norm.
Mon 26 Oct 2020 4:40 PM by Bradekes
Maybe the other realms need to follow hibs lead a bit.. we run ranger groups with bard or warden. Mid could run hunter group with healer or shammy just as easy. Scout has no self buffs so not as easy but cleric scout group could be possible just buffing dex/qui +dex.. Archers all have same ability to turn the tables in bg rvr if used right.
Mon 26 Oct 2020 4:58 PM by LegalEagle52
Stealthers are not OP. But there is an argument to be made that the game and action would be better if all these players that are on invisible characters were on visible characters.
Mon 26 Oct 2020 5:26 PM by bculpepper
LegalEagle52 wrote:
Mon 26 Oct 2020 4:58 PM
Stealthers are not OP. But there is an argument to be made that the game and action would be better if all these players that are on invisible characters were on visible characters.

This assumes that players that are on invisible characters would swap to visible characters if there were no invisible options. I can't speark for everyone, but I would just find something else to do and stop daoc if there wasn't a stealth option.

The fun isn't in the fight itself - its in the stalking and setup for the fight. For every kill I get there are 2 more that run right by that I couldn't quite get in correct position for. Thats one reason I just don't understand stealth groups as the fun of the setup is just lost. If anything, IMO, there should be a RPS reward for solo kills to encourage all the grouped stealthers to try solo.
Mon 26 Oct 2020 7:29 PM by Noashakra
it's simple, vanity effects / skins.

Idea :
Give an item that you can use only if you do like 100 solo kills a week or something like this and that gives you an aura or something similar.
Mon 26 Oct 2020 8:15 PM by The Skies Asunder
I primarily play stealth classes, in fact, I almost exclusively play them on Phoenix. If they were deleted I would likely just quit. The primary reason for that is the main visible classes that I enjoyed on Live simply don't exist here. Those being melee healers. Warden is terrible at this role here, in addition to missing all the things that made it such an enjoyable class. While Paladin is good here for solo/small, it doesn't really have the same feel, and Friar, which is what my duo partner would play isn't quite the same either. Valkyrie is missing all together. I suppose I could play any other melee toon, but they just don't have as much appeal to me anymore sadly. While I had a few rr5+ casters on Live, I never enjoyed them the same way I did melee, or especially healing hybrids, or stealth classes. I understand why people hate on stealth, but it is one of my favorite things about this game.
Mon 26 Oct 2020 9:02 PM by Stoertebecker
518 Albs online, 73 minstrels
466 hibs online, 67 rangers
402 mids online, 63 skalds

Well.....
Mon 26 Oct 2020 9:09 PM by DinoTriz
Perfectly normal reaction and solution to a class that kills you a lot in a game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLTl9Im73Bo
Mon 26 Oct 2020 9:37 PM by Stoertebecker
There is an easy solution, common sense. If one realm gets an underpopulation bonus the other realms gets a overpopulation malus for the same amount.

Atm Albion would have ~ -27% rp and feathers.

You can`t have just have a bonus and think it will balance itself over time.
Tue 27 Oct 2020 8:44 AM by Sepplord
Stoertebecker wrote:
Mon 26 Oct 2020 9:37 PM
There is an easy solution, common sense. If one realm gets an underpopulation bonus the other realms gets a overpopulation malus for the same amount.

Always funny to see someone make a really shortsighted suggestion without much thought, and backing it up with "common sense" claims...the irony

just leads to toxicity and people mobbing others into logging off since they are "ruining the RP"
Also doesn't have anything to do with the topic being too many stealthers and not one realm having more people in general
Tue 27 Oct 2020 7:34 PM by Stoertebecker
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 27 Oct 2020 8:44 AM
Stoertebecker wrote:
Mon 26 Oct 2020 9:37 PM

Always funny to see someone make a really shortsighted suggestion without much thought, and backing it up with "common sense" claims...the irony

just leads to toxicity and people mobbing others into logging off since they are "ruining the RP"
Also doesn't have anything to do with the topic being too many stealthers and not one realm having more people in general

Having more ppl playing one realm leads not to more stealthers in this realm? You should play more on Phoenix

It`s like in RL, more ppl in a cluster leads to more idiots.
Tue 27 Oct 2020 8:38 PM by Azrael
IdiamVonGawaine wrote:
Sun 25 Oct 2020 11:33 PM
Azrael wrote:
lol, tell that polemo when this ranger grp with bard and druid are deffing a keep. E

Oh, it's just the "ranger group with a bard"? That's it? Not the other hibs in the keep WITH SIEGE?

LOL!
That's funny, considering alb groups using cats, DoTs, CC, and GTAOE make manning the walls or the roof of keeps impossible to shoot from due to rupts and dammage while I'm on my ranger. Maybe you're going up against "super rangers" with MoC hax, or maybe you're just complaining about losing to the gojillion other hibs defending the same keep, and just blaming it on archers out of convenience and spite. Regardless, your opinion does not reflect the reality of RvR, and the realm map reflects that almost daily with the loss of 4 or more keeps to both albs and mids.

The fact you solely attack rangers for assisting demonstrates your unrational bias against them, as EVERY class in the game assists, and EVERY class in the game melts the targets they do. Yet you make no mention of caster or melee assist trains, both of which I also participate in on my caster and melee chars.

Your opinion is unreasonable, due to your bias, and will therefore be ignored.

mattymc wrote:

They're doing the same thing everyone else does, except instead of using speed and crowd control to survive, they use stealth, and yet that's somehow wrong or unfair? No. the answer is no, it isn't.

Have you, at some point, thought about it, that there is a difference of seeing you get debuff nuked or assisted by a melee train in comparison to be killed by a handful of archers you dont see until the damage is done?
Tue 27 Oct 2020 9:49 PM by IdiamVonGawaine
Azrael wrote:
Tue 27 Oct 2020 8:38 PM
Have you, at some point, thought about it, that there is a difference of seeing you get debuff nuked or assisted by a melee train in comparison to be killed by a handful of archers you dont see until the damage is done?

Zero difference, as even visible assisting chars can, and do, hit targets that are completely unaware of their presence due to approach angles, and/or engaging targets already engaged in a fight.
Tue 27 Oct 2020 9:54 PM by ExcretusMaximus
IdiamVonGawaine wrote:
Tue 27 Oct 2020 9:49 PM
Zero difference

You're delusional.
Tue 27 Oct 2020 10:03 PM by Azrael
IdiamVonGawaine wrote:
Tue 27 Oct 2020 9:49 PM
Azrael wrote:
Tue 27 Oct 2020 8:38 PM

Zero difference, as even visible assisting chars can, and do, hit targets that are completely unaware of their presence due to approach angles, and/or engaging targets already engaged in a fight.

lul
Tue 27 Oct 2020 10:24 PM by Neso
The amount of rangers at the moment is pretty insane, today was around 66 that seemed to be sat in keeps. The knock on effect was the hib BG is swollen with many low utility stealther alts, therefore making it even tougher when attacking a defended tower/keep - as seen in the last few days.
Tue 27 Oct 2020 10:58 PM by IdiamVonGawaine
Neso wrote:
Tue 27 Oct 2020 10:24 PM
The amount of [sorcerers] at the moment is pretty insane, today was around [1,297] that seemed to be sat in keeps. The knock on effect was the [Alb] BG is swollen with many low utility [caster] alts, therefore making it even tougher when attacking a defended tower/keep - as seen in the last few days.

ftfy
Wed 28 Oct 2020 12:03 AM by mattymc
Noashakra wrote:
Mon 26 Oct 2020 7:44 AM
mattymc wrote:
Noashakra wrote:
mattymc wrote:

Si let me be clear for everyone. You don't solo. Yet you complain about stealthers groups are OP and farming solos. It's because 3vs3 a stealth group is usually disadvantage vs 3 visi (not always the case for alb with a ministrel usually but ok, I would remove stealth from mincer myself).

I care if you solo, because you would have maybe an idea about how strong sins are, and you would not complain about the strength of the class. And you use the fact those people gank on solos to ask for a nerf. lmao.

How? An asn is worth shit in attack or defense of structure. A light tank is much better. Poisons are useless vs someone in a group with healers, and without vanish, you die in 3secs.

I am a liar, but you are the one giving false facts about stealthers being 30% of the population, it's the pot calling the kettle black LOL!

Why should we catter about solos ? Because they are the food for small mans. If there are no solo, small mans have no targets. If small mans have no targets, they will stop going out and play less. And then step by step, the population diminishes. But I am sure in your infinite wisdom, you knew that xD!!!
Also, stealthers give lots of infos to the bg about ennemies moving through the zf.

On every poste you make, you lie about numbers (it was the same on mid is dying) and show that you have no idea about game balancing. Now you can stop posting.

Next please!

LOL, you need to get someone to teach you reading comprehension --- your logic is truly horrid and you simply ramble on with whatever ignorance fills your brain. Get some help.
Wed 28 Oct 2020 4:20 AM by Dsai
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sat 24 Oct 2020 4:27 PM
They should have disabled stealth and given the stealth classes a compensatory skill at server creation (Earth Wizards are proof that they had no problem changing things in drastic ways), stealth has never been anything but a detriment to this game, but it's far too late to do anything about it now.
Thats opinion. Only reason I played this game was to play my stealther. I have other toons I play now but my NS was the reason I played again. I'm sure other have a similar story.
Wed 28 Oct 2020 5:07 AM by goten9033
The game was created with stealth classes, and you knew that when you started playing. If you don’t like that there’s plenty of other game options.

As far as stealthers grouping ? It gets old getting ran over by small man or full groups . There is absolutely nothing wrong with stealthers grouping up.

To solo is a choice visi or stealth. And I know many enjoy that but we all have to understand the game is realm vs realm and no one is breaking any rules playing it as such. The game was designed to be a realm war.
Wed 28 Oct 2020 5:53 AM by Forlornhope
goten9033 wrote:
Wed 28 Oct 2020 5:07 AM
The game was created with stealth classes, and you knew that when you started playing. If you don’t like that there’s plenty of other game options.

As far as stealthers grouping ? It gets old getting ran over by small man or full groups . There is absolutely nothing wrong with stealthers grouping up.

To solo is a choice visi or stealth. And I know many enjoy that but we all have to understand the game is realm vs realm and no one is breaking any rules playing it as such. The game was designed to be a realm war.

What you say is true, but is it really practical? I play with two or three friends in a small man, and when we roam and get hit by an 6+ man of stealthers and pretty much one or two of us insta die? Well when stuff like that happens over and over we find something else to play. You really think the server's dwindling population can support all the solo/small mans logging off and finding another game? It can't...

The only thing that's going to be left are the ten or so set 8mans, the stealth zergs, and the lame ass keep take bgs. If that's what you really want in a server then more power to ya, but that's how servers die.

You might say that's a choice to run as a small or solo, but is it really? When pugging on this server has gotten so bad you sit there for the hour or two you have to play looking for a group so you're not fodder? Then it doesn't really become a choice but your only option. So, instead of wasting my time trying to form or join a group that's probably going to break up once it gets rolled enough by set 8s or zergs, people solo or small man with the friends they've made on this server.

Of course it's not breaking the rules, but it's crap what they do. They only do it so they can farm solos and people who are running with smaller numbers. At least when 8mans do it smaller numbers can avoid them when they pan their camera there's pretty much no defense against stealth group's style of play. Sure, you can use stealth pots, but those really don't help when the group scatters in every direction. You're lucky to get one or two of 'em. Or your other choice is to avoid the zones they're in, which is the task zone. Sure that's definitely a viable option if you want to do nothing but check out the low resolution scenery of daoc and find pretty much nothing to even fight.

Bottom line, their style of play is detrimental to this server and they have pretty much already made me stop playing my melee hunter. Because there's literally no point to it. I am sure that I am not alone in that, how long before you see the duos/small mans drop off from the server?
Wed 28 Oct 2020 7:40 AM by Noashakra
mattymc wrote:
Wed 28 Oct 2020 12:03 AM
Noashakra wrote:
mattymc wrote:
Noashakra wrote:
mattymc wrote:

Next please!

LOL, you need to get someone to teach you reading comprehension --- your logic is truly horrid and you simply ramble on with whatever ignorance fills your brain. Get some help.

Again no arguments. You are a salty whinner, we got it.

Mid is dying when all they do all day long is the task with 6 fg QQ. I am going to lie on forums about numbers and the reasons we suck in Zerg vs Zerg and we keep losing. We have 20 lvl 50 less than hib, which were also 20 less than albs and they are still dominating. It's not a BG leader problem, even though when polemo came back, the situation flipped. I am going to cry on forums about how mid is weak QQ.

Omg, I hate stealthers. They make 15-20% of the population and most play in BG. I can't kill one because I don't know how to play solo. Let me lie about the numbers and then tell people how they kill this server by showing my poor understanding of the player food chain. Nerf them! QQ...
Wed 28 Oct 2020 3:12 PM by bculpepper
Agree with the large stealth groups ruining the server. I made a suggestion that might help.

https://forum.playphoenix.online/get-involved/suggestions/27254-realm-point-calculation
Wed 28 Oct 2020 3:54 PM by imweasel
Forlornhope wrote:
Wed 28 Oct 2020 5:53 AM
goten9033 wrote:
Wed 28 Oct 2020 5:07 AM

What you say is true, but is it really practical? I play with two or three friends in a small man, and when we roam and get hit by an 6+ man of stealthers and pretty much one or two of us insta die? Well when stuff like that happens over and over we find something else to play. You really think the server's dwindling population can support all the solo/small mans logging off and finding another game? It can't...

The only thing that's going to be left are the ten or so set 8mans, the stealth zergs, and the lame ass keep take bgs. If that's what you really want in a server then more power to ya, but that's how servers die.

You might say that's a choice to run as a small or solo, but is it really? When pugging on this server has gotten so bad you sit there for the hour or two you have to play looking for a group so you're not fodder? Then it doesn't really become a choice but your only option. So, instead of wasting my time trying to form or join a group that's probably going to break up once it gets rolled enough by set 8s or zergs, people solo or small man with the friends they've made on this server.

Of course it's not breaking the rules, but it's crap what they do. They only do it so they can farm solos and people who are running with smaller numbers. At least when 8mans do it smaller numbers can avoid them when they pan their camera there's pretty much no defense against stealth group's style of play. Sure, you can use stealth pots, but those really don't help when the group scatters in every direction. You're lucky to get one or two of 'em. Or your other choice is to avoid the zones they're in, which is the task zone. Sure that's definitely a viable option if you want to do nothing but check out the low resolution scenery of daoc and find pretty much nothing to even fight.

Bottom line, their style of play is detrimental to this server and they have pretty much already made me stop playing my melee hunter. Because there's literally no point to it. I am sure that I am not alone in that, how long before you see the duos/small mans drop off from the server?

So you quit or the stealth groups quit.

This game is not for everyone. This game cannot support all styles of play.

So avoid stealth group areas (if that's even possible) or quit.

While it's possible that the team would remove stealth (I put nothing past the dev team), it's very, very unlikely to happen anytime soon.

So accept that the game is flawed or quit.
Wed 28 Oct 2020 4:01 PM by Azrael
imweasel wrote:
Wed 28 Oct 2020 3:54 PM

While it's possible that the team would remove stealth (I put nothing past the dev team), it's very, very unlikely to happen anytime soon.

Can we then plz return to the flawed state when bow/stealth(pa) damage was garbage plz
Wed 28 Oct 2020 5:06 PM by imweasel
Azrael wrote:
Wed 28 Oct 2020 4:01 PM
imweasel wrote:

Can we then plz return to the flawed state when bow/stealth(pa) damage was garbage plz

Yes. Let's engineer additional changes to encourage more grouping.

And it's not like bow damage is garbage. There is just very, very little incentive to spec bow past 35ish for rvr/pvp.
Wed 28 Oct 2020 5:45 PM by Azrael
imweasel wrote:
Wed 28 Oct 2020 5:06 PM
Azrael wrote:
Wed 28 Oct 2020 4:01 PM
imweasel wrote:

Yes. Let's engineer additional changes to encourage more grouping.

And it's not like bow damage is garbage. There is just very, very little incentive to spec bow past 35ish for rvr/pvp.

There is nothing to group if you already 8
Fri 30 Oct 2020 12:23 AM by mattymc
Noashakra wrote:
Wed 28 Oct 2020 7:40 AM
mattymc wrote:
Wed 28 Oct 2020 12:03 AM
Noashakra wrote:
mattymc wrote:
Noashakra wrote:
mattymc wrote:

Next please!

Again no arguments. You are a salty whinner, we got it.

Mid is dying when all they do all day long is the task with 6 fg QQ. I am going to lie on forums about numbers and the reasons we suck in Zerg vs Zerg and we keep losing. We have 20 lvl 50 less than hib, which were also 20 less than albs and they are still dominating. It's not a BG leader problem, even though when polemo came back, the situation flipped. I am going to cry on forums about how mid is weak QQ.

Omg, I hate stealthers. They make 15-20% of the population and most play in BG. I can't kill one because I don't know how to play solo. Let me lie about the numbers and then tell people how they kill this server by showing my poor understanding of the player food chain. Nerf them! QQ...

You really have no clue -- it's sad.
Fri 30 Oct 2020 7:23 AM by gotwqqd
If stealth classes wanna group/assist/troll an area together let them live with the choice by having massive increases to their detection
Fri 30 Oct 2020 8:02 AM by Noashakra

Keeping saying one thing over and over without arguments doesn't make it true.
You lying about numbers is a fact.
Fri 30 Oct 2020 9:31 AM by Dr4ag
Enjoy your life guys...

But please don't leave server, i need more RPS for my 12L

Your Lovely Therabbin <3
Sat 31 Oct 2020 2:24 AM by mattymc
Noashakra wrote:
Fri 30 Oct 2020 8:02 AM

Keeping saying one thing over and over without arguments doesn't make it true.
You lying about numbers is a fact.

This is a thread about stealthers -- why are you babbling about zergs?
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics