8 Man XRealming for free Rps

Started 22 Oct 2020
by Horrison
in Tavern
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/778007943

What is it with you 8 Mans? Why cant you play the game right? How many realms are there?
Thu 22 Oct 2020 4:17 PM by skipari
Looks like the standard gentlemen agreement since Daoc release, they had a fight, some add came, turned against the add and reset afterwards.

If you haven't learned that after nearly 20 years... don't know what to say.
Thu 22 Oct 2020 4:29 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Someone in your voice even says "If they back off, we'll back off."

You clearly knew the situation going in, yet still added and act surprised when they turn on you.

To be clear, I have no issue with people adding onto fights, the chaos is part of what makes the game fun, but let's not be hypocrites about it.
Thu 22 Oct 2020 4:51 PM by Higach
What do you expect them to do? Just keep fighting each other while you try to clean up the fight?

You added an 8v8. Only thing more satisfying than that is when it's your realm adding, you pull off and they clean you up even with the massive advantage.
Thu 22 Oct 2020 4:58 PM by vxr
LOL

"and this why you stop playing DAoC because....." they don't let us add. QQ

Some more quotes:
"albs vs mids so we can add them so if they back off we back off"
"these are elitiest bitches"
"this is the gayest shit ever"
"we just got gayed"
"it would be a shame if someone got this on camera and posted it to the forums, right?"
"it would be soo bad, with all their names"
"the tomfoolery"

Why would you post this? Your just embarrassing yourselves.
Thu 22 Oct 2020 5:28 PM by Ferboten
The best part about this is not the shitcans who died after adding a fight, but the smugness afterwards like "it would be a shame if this ended up on the forums" as if any of this was against the rules or that anyone would give a shit.
Thu 22 Oct 2020 5:34 PM by jonl
you play however you like but don't like it when other people play however they like? 20 iq geeza
Thu 22 Oct 2020 5:35 PM by Teisiphone
Horrison wrote:
Thu 22 Oct 2020 4:00 PM
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/778007943

easiest RPs i had last night
Thu 22 Oct 2020 5:50 PM by FreK
Thank you for your RP donation.

<Snowflakes> .... lol
Thu 22 Oct 2020 5:52 PM by CLamoRR
you guys definitely were some free rps, thanks.

back to the sewers you lil' rats
Thu 22 Oct 2020 6:08 PM by LegalEagle52
cant believe they didnt just stand there and let you double debuff targets in their fight. what elitists!
Thu 22 Oct 2020 6:14 PM by Kurbsen
where was the x realm? lol
Thu 22 Oct 2020 6:20 PM by Iuppiter
Broke the one rule of jamming : "Don't lose". Not that I advocate jamming 8v8 (or any fair XvX), but if that is your style - you all planted way too hard when you should be expecting both groups to turn on you (worst case scenario for jammer group). You already ruined their fight when you killed the first one in the Mid group's backfield, so at that point you forced them to make a decision to commit to you and hope the Albs pull off or join, to fight a split fight between two groups, or to reposition using RAs. Obviously these are both groups with players who 8v8 regularly so there's no hesitation for both groups to team up on the jam group and then reset their 8v8 fight - and nothing about this is xrealming as devs have had to explain many times - players are not forced to engage/fight anything they choose not to. Moreover, the 8v8 list is for groups looking for clean 8v8 fights, so it would actually be more against the rules to continue the fight in bad faith when it is clearly not clean and had not already been decided (looks like early stages). I just fail to see where the salt is coming from...decisions were made, consequences occurred, and instead of /rel and learning from it the group wants to play victim on the forums? Hope no one quits though, plenty of action for all playstyles out there.
Thu 22 Oct 2020 6:37 PM by aendam
Now that's some Xrealming if I have ever seen it.

That zerk looks like she hits like a wet noodle can any of the hibs please confirm?
Thu 22 Oct 2020 6:43 PM by Montereyjack1
DAYYYUUMM That Paladin's armor is on FLEEK! I heard you might want to nuke him with a debuff. Rumor has it he is running AOM fifteen with 10% bonus from chants.
Thu 22 Oct 2020 7:08 PM by Hector
Listening to your smug stupid voice made me cringe so badly I started seizing. My wife had to call 911. The hell man
Thu 22 Oct 2020 7:51 PM by easytoremember
They're allowed to do that but sheathing their weapons midfight and kissing each other is pretty lame
Thu 22 Oct 2020 7:51 PM by DinoTriz
Rules for thee, but not for me.

Looks like you got what you deserved.
Thu 22 Oct 2020 8:20 PM by Fugax
Those that do not see it I guess I will have to spell it out for you cuz clearly you are blind.... Post (after) fight both alb/mid didn't continue to fight each other, but go med up up next to each other.

These "8 man" rules that the people of the server make up are completely garbage. These are the same 8 mans that hunt down small mans, and or camp people going to docks bridges etc, but we are to respect them when they encounter a fight? Last time I looked this was a 3 realm v realm game, and no x realming. I can't wrap my head around how everyone thinks this is okay, or even when the same realm backs off a fight, and then lets there own realm die.... That is x-realming...

If 8 man's want their "Fair Fight" I would assume they would stay outta the task/popular zone and wait for there "worthy opponents... Rather they continue to camp docks/drops..etc to get rps, but the moment they enter a 8v8 everyone in the entire game is to respect that? I don't think so.... go play WoW or Warhammer if you want that kinda crap. this is DAOC. 3 realm faction, and no rules in regards to killing hte other faction, only the player made rules they think should hold within the game....
Thu 22 Oct 2020 8:21 PM by Fugax
Iuppiter wrote:
Thu 22 Oct 2020 6:20 PM
Broke the one rule of jamming : "Don't lose". Not that I advocate jamming 8v8 (or any fair XvX), but if that is your style - you all planted way too hard when you should be expecting both groups to turn on you (worst case scenario for jammer group). You already ruined their fight when you killed the first one in the Mid group's backfield, so at that point you forced them to make a decision to commit to you and hope the Albs pull off or join, to fight a split fight between two groups, or to reposition using RAs. Obviously these are both groups with players who 8v8 regularly so there's no hesitation for both groups to team up on the jam group and then reset their 8v8 fight - and nothing about this is xrealming as devs have had to explain many times - players are not forced to engage/fight anything they choose not to. Moreover, the 8v8 list is for groups looking for clean 8v8 fights, so it would actually be more against the rules to continue the fight in bad faith when it is clearly not clean and had not already been decided (looks like early stages). I just fail to see where the salt is coming from...decisions were made, consequences occurred, and instead of /rel and learning from it the group wants to play victim on the forums? Hope no one quits though, plenty of action for all playstyles out there.

Where is this rule posted on the forms?
Thu 22 Oct 2020 8:24 PM by shintacki
Fugax wrote:
Thu 22 Oct 2020 8:20 PM
Those that do not see it I guess I will have to spell it out for you cuz clearly you are blind.... Post (after) fight both alb/mid didn't continue to fight each other, but go med up up next to each other.

In the eyes of those two groups the adding group ruined their fair fight. So once the adds are dealt with the groups med up and set the fight back up so its fair again. Pretty standard stuff.
Thu 22 Oct 2020 8:30 PM by Ferboten
Fugax wrote:

These "8 man" rules that the people of the server make up are completely garbage. These are the same 8 mans that hunt down small mans, and or camp people going to docks bridges etc, but we are to respect them when they encounter a fight? Last time I looked this was a 3 realm v realm game, and no x realming. I can't wrap my head around how everyone thinks this is okay, or even when the same realm backs off a fight, and then lets there own realm die.... That is x-realming...

If 8 man's want their "Fair Fight" I would assume they would stay outta the task/popular zone and wait for there "worthy opponents... Rather they continue to camp docks/drops..etc to get rps, but the moment they enter a 8v8 everyone in the entire game is to respect that? I don't think so.... go play WoW or Warhammer if you want that kinda crap. this is DAOC. 3 realm faction, and no rules in regards to killing hte other faction, only the player made rules they think should hold within the game....

Let me explain to you why your post is factually incorrect, though you are probably too dense to grasp the concept. The only people crying here are the people who added and died. Nobody in that fight expected the adding group to follow their "rules", it is of course a game with many playstyles and you are allowed to add on a fight if you wish, however it is also allowed to disengage from a fight and turn on the adding group together. This is not x-realming, the GMs have stated this multiple times, and Mythic and Broadsword have stated this multiple times throughout the game's 19 year history. It has never been against the rules, and never will be. The only people butthurt about the situation are the ones who added on a fight expecting easy rps while the other 2 groups continued to fight each other, and are upset because they got rolled. If you add a fight, you should expect to have to fight both groups, and have no one but yourself to blame if you get wrecked.

The 8 mans don't cry about you not respecting their fight, they don't whine and post on the forums about people who don't play the game the way they do, they deal with the situation by killing the shitters, and then reset their fight. If you don't like it, then get better at the game and actually kill them when you add, or shut up. You will find no sympathy here.
Thu 22 Oct 2020 8:31 PM by DinoTriz
Fugax wrote:

Do you want anarchy or do you not want anarchy?

I don't care that they added and I don't care that they got their stools pushed in by albs and mids.

All's fair in war.

YOU THINK THIS IS A GAME?! *picture of angry cat*
Thu 22 Oct 2020 8:33 PM by thirian24
Give the OP group a strike just for making this post.
Thu 22 Oct 2020 8:34 PM by Fugax
So 8 mans have the right for a "standard?" Wish they would respect the "standard" 1 or small man too.. Also, is it a "standard" on this server only? I get people wanna 8v8, but these "Standards" you speak of I dont see on the server site too follow. So either these are player made "standards" that they expect everyone to follow, or they just are not posted anywhere. What I am getting at is, this is a 3 faction game. Not a 3 "standard" game...
Thu 22 Oct 2020 8:35 PM by Fugax
oooooo angry cat! :"P
Thu 22 Oct 2020 8:50 PM by chilly
So either these are player made "standards" that they expect everyone to follow, or they just are not posted anywhere. What I am getting at is, this is a 3 faction game. Not a 3 "standard" game...

No-one expects anyone else to follow their own standards or made up notions of how the game should be played.. except you apparently.
Thu 22 Oct 2020 8:52 PM by Montereyjack1
Look, if you're going to AJam: Win.
A lot of the groups share members, have been grouped with each other, know each other by first names, and can pick out their guild/colors/classes at clip range. With that comes a lot of mutual respect. With that comes a playstyle that is not like any other game. With that comes success. If you want Snowflakes to be recognized (in a positive way) sit there and watch the fight. Let us target you and associate names with the group. Fight us on even ground. Hell, even a vulture!
Don't act like your group/small man doesnt kill smaller men and solo's.
Thu 22 Oct 2020 10:25 PM by Echoic
hahahahahahahahahahaha 10/10
Fri 23 Oct 2020 2:25 AM by nedis515
Echoic wrote:
Thu 22 Oct 2020 10:25 PM

Echoic??

Fri 23 Oct 2020 4:07 AM by Echoic
nedis515 wrote:
Fri 23 Oct 2020 2:25 AM
Echoic wrote:
Thu 22 Oct 2020 10:25 PM

Echoic??

Fri 23 Oct 2020 9:47 AM by Chihuahua
This is really funny 10/10. Definitely a "Thread of the year" award nominee right here.
Fri 23 Oct 2020 3:10 PM by tobiaskjernell
both were on gvg-list, they want clean fights -> gvg clean fight rp bonus. If not clean fight = 10k rp taken away and a warning from devs?
You guys should enter the "gvg list" if you want to fight 8man tbh, you guys will be having fun. See you out there!
Fri 23 Oct 2020 4:01 PM by absssys
Fugax wrote:

Dear Fugax,

we did continue the fight aprox 3 mins after the kind donation of those hibs. You asking ureself why? We had rezzsick timers, thats why.
The mid group won that one btw..
Therefor your complain about x-realming is not valid and total bullshit.

Now wrap youre head arround that one!
Before you come into this forum and flood it with ure bullshit-diarrhea thoughts regarding how we have to play our game.

Dear Hib-Addgrp,

we'd like you to come out again soon, next time maybe with a better Attitude ?
Or maybe just with a better assjam tactic where you kill every 16 of us?
However you gona do it, ty for the rps

YCB ?!
Fri 23 Oct 2020 6:46 PM by rafjord
Well well well, this was a devastating suicide-by-forum from the OP. fuckin poetic.
Sat 24 Oct 2020 1:56 AM by boridi
People pulling off fights and letting their realmmates die is worse than this, but there is no punishment for that.
Mon 26 Oct 2020 8:59 PM by DOCnic
Lets get one thing clear. Snowflakes were not leading that grp and did not make that vid or post it. thank you.
Mon 26 Oct 2020 11:29 PM by Fugax
tbh... its just a game. i die... release. get back after it...
Mon 26 Oct 2020 11:38 PM by Fugax
Also, Snowflakes didn't post shit. Happen to be a person that streamed and posted. SO those making threats about blacklisting need to grow up, and understand this really is a game.... Adults arguing over a video game.... Give me a break... Respect has to come from all sides, and people gotta understand that not everyone that might be in an 8 man grp is on the GVG list...
Tue 27 Oct 2020 12:37 AM by Fugax
"Before you come into this forum and flood it with ure bullshit-diarrhea thoughts regarding how we have to play our game"

only take away i got form your statement was "our game" and that goes back to my original statement as to how 8 mans on this "gvg list" think how "OUR game" should be played... Its an idea of a small community of players, and within they think certain rules should be followed.... In fact none of which are listed on the forums to follow in regards of adding any fight. Thus, meaning its not against the rules, and specific people are just butthurt losing there 10k rps cuz they wanna /duel 8 mans....
Tue 27 Oct 2020 12:38 AM by Razilly
Locked for insults and flaming.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics