Way To Go Guys, Good Job

Started 16 Oct 2020
by ExcretusMaximus
in Tavern
Last November we internally decided to announce some major change regarding the future of the server once the eu pt population drops below a certain threshold on a non holiday Sunday. Aside from bug fixes there won't be anymore gameplay changes until then.

Let me translate this for you:
You managed to piss off the owners of the server so much with your constant crying and finger pointing that they're done with us. Enjoy the few remaining months, because when this magical number happens on a Sunday we don't know about, we're all done. Why? Because you can't accept that life is full of change, and that the devs are doing their best to make everyone happy. Instead, you need to claim bias and whine about everything that isn't on your side.

You're a bunch of 40 year old children.
Fri 16 Oct 2020 8:31 PM by MisterCotton
I can't agree more... I understand not liking some changes and there is proper ways to discuss that but attacking people that are providing a service like this FOR FREE, is absolutely wild to me.
Fri 16 Oct 2020 8:50 PM by LegalEagle52
I don't know. I'm getting sick of the illogical leap that keeps happening whereby if you aren't for this BIG change and voice it, you are a whiner, crybaby or don't appreciate the devs. Of course some people are over the top in their tone and should chill, but I do think most people are saying in good faith that they aren't for this change and wouldn't have voted for it if it was presented this way.
Fri 16 Oct 2020 9:01 PM by jonl
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Fri 16 Oct 2020 6:05 PM
Last November we internally decided to announce some major change regarding the future of the server once the eu pt population drops below a certain threshold on a non holiday Sunday. Aside from bug fixes there won't be anymore gameplay changes until then.

You managed to piss off the owners of the server so much with your constant crying and finger pointing that they're done with us. Enjoy the few remaining months, because when this magical number happens on a Sunday we don't know about, we're all done. Why? Because you can't accept that life is full of change, and that the devs are doing their best to make everyone happy. Instead, you need to claim bias and whine about everything that isn't on your side.

not any players fault that the proposed changes are extremely bad

its the devs fault
Fri 16 Oct 2020 9:02 PM by floodie
Imagine trying to help the devs and they ignore anything constructive/delete/lock KEK
Fri 16 Oct 2020 9:06 PM by Neso
The result of trying to keep a server brimming with toxic players happy. Went as expected.

Best thing they could do now, is remove the suggestions sub forum.
Fri 16 Oct 2020 9:13 PM by tommccartney
The question on the survey should have been;

‘Would you like to see the current melee styles on Phoenix updated to current live styles?’

But that wasn’t the question.
Fri 16 Oct 2020 9:14 PM by Festers
The devs asked for feedback to be posted on the forum and that’s exactly what they got. In fact, they got 18 pages of feedback, of which 99% of it was against the proposed changes. There will always be people who just flame, but the majority of posts I saw were constructive and well justified.

Well done for listening devs.
Fri 16 Oct 2020 9:14 PM by Kaziera
Well, i still dont get it, why staff listens to the naysayers.....

I found the Changes unbalanced, but interesting. no reason to shoot them down instantly, when u can tweak them.
Fri 16 Oct 2020 9:33 PM by easytoremember
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Why? Because you can't accept that life is full of change, and that the devs are doing their best to make everyone happy. Instead, you need to claim bias and whine about everything that isn't on your side.

cool take but it's wrong
Fri 16 Oct 2020 11:21 PM by bigne88
Imho, the wrong move was the public survey.
Probably asking the opinion of few server content creators (both pvp and pve), renowed 1v1 players, renowed 8v8 players would have give them some feeling about server issue.

Damn, even selecting some betatesters to try the new system.

Freedom of speech to everyone is a double edge sword and devs, please remember that the minority of the server population, the cry babies, the keyboard warriors, are more loud than the polite and happy portion of the population.
Dont take it personal, your server is amazing.
Sat 17 Oct 2020 4:46 PM by gotwqqd
bigne88 wrote:
Fri 16 Oct 2020 11:21 PM
Probably asking the opinion of few server content creators (both pvp and pve), renowed 1v1 players, renowed 8v8 players would have give them some feeling about server issue.

Damn, even selecting some betatesters to try the new system.

Freedom of speech to everyone is a double edge sword and devs, please remember that the minority of the server population, the cry babies, the keyboard warriors, are more loud than the polite and happy portion of the population.
Dont take it personal, your server is amazing.
Renowned players ? Last people to ask
Majority of them are not concerned with what the general pop needs
Sat 17 Oct 2020 8:54 PM by Sagz
ExcretusMaximus wrote:

The admins should just always remember. If you try to please everyone, you end up pleasing no one. THEY should do what THEY think is best (it is their server) and if you don't like it, so be it, leave or adjust. If THEY decide the population is dwindling or being impacted negative THEY WILL fix it. Not because you guys whine and cry.

You don't like what they do?...make your own server.
Sun 18 Oct 2020 12:08 AM by Higach
ExcretusMaximus wrote:

To be fair, we have no idea what the alluded major change is. I'd say it's way more likely they do something like go back to old frontiers to bring a surge back, or do some kind of reset, phoenix 2.0 relaunch with some changes. To me that's far more likely than just pulling the plug without just passing the reigns to someone else if they were burnt out/bored.
Sun 18 Oct 2020 12:25 AM by brewtus23
Oh yeah Server Reset now that all the crazy silly rps farming task are toned down unlike when the server went live. Now that would make this place really interesting again with just a Realm Rank Reset and let the fun begin.

Stop asking all these cry babies for suggestions, just run your server the way you want to run it and if they don't like it they can take their ass to some other game and we will drive on here and have fun without them
Sun 18 Oct 2020 1:36 AM by Hamlock
ExcretusMaximus wrote:

Coming from the guy who has been banned for poor behavior, lmao!
Sun 18 Oct 2020 1:52 AM by easytoremember
brewtus23 wrote:
Sun 18 Oct 2020 12:25 AM
Stop asking all these cry babies for suggestions, just run your server the way you want to run it and if they don't like it they can take their ass to some other game and we will drive on here and have fun without them
lol the esteemed words of Brutus, presiding over Faith PvP, boasting 311 strong in the year of our Lord: 2012,
to be later outdone by Blue, presiding over Uthgard, boasting 4160 strong in the year of our Lord: 2017
Sun 18 Oct 2020 7:43 AM by Forlornhope
brewtus23 wrote:
Oh yeah Server Reset now that all the crazy silly rps farming task are toned down unlike when the server went live. Now that would make this place really interesting again with just a Realm Rank Reset and let the fun begin.

I'd be all for just a realm rank reset tbh
Sun 18 Oct 2020 1:00 PM by Higach
easytoremember wrote:
Sun 18 Oct 2020 1:52 AM
brewtus23 wrote:
lol the esteemed words of Brutus, presiding over Faith PvP, boasting 311 strong in the year of our Lord: 2012,
to be later outdone by Blue, presiding over Uthgard, boasting 4160 strong in the year of our Lord: 2017

Seriously baffles me people still think this way. How can someone be so dense to be the guy that says "do what you want! Its your server if they don't like it they can leave!"

This isn't a single player game. It's a community driven game. It both has and needs a sizeable playerbase to even function. So no you can't just do whatever the heck you want unless you're like stubborn ole Blue who literally would say on the forums that he didn't care if it had 4000 people or 40 people. Guess how that went?

I don't really zerg but look what happens on hib when pilz (1 player by the way) isn't on or logs. It completely dies.
Mon 19 Oct 2020 11:05 PM by Gildar
bigne88 wrote:
Fri 16 Oct 2020 11:21 PM
Probably asking the opinion of few server content creators (both pvp and pve), renowed 1v1 players, renowed 8v8 players would have give them some feeling about server issue...

You forgot the BG leaders ... maybe the most qualified to give an opinion about the feeling state of server ... they play for and with 100+ players ...
Choose the 3 most renowned BG leaders of every realm and ask what they think (for example Runental, Maxistoo and Oadin in Mid).

And if it is not true that Hib is dead if Pilz not on, anyway is true that without the BG leaders RvR is really poor ... only that damn flags to do ... for example, today Gilboom was not on and no BG was up on Hib until Smap log ... and no BG was formed on alb or mid to fight vs hib zerg

So ... ok public survey for general feeling, but ask the the most active players, especially BG leaders that regroup so many ppl and hold active the RvR on server.

Imho

PS: so sorry for all the critics post about staff... because THEY REALLY DO A FANTASTIC JOB ON THIS SERVER
Tue 20 Oct 2020 1:37 AM by easytoremember
Gildar wrote:
Mon 19 Oct 2020 11:05 PM
You forgot the BG leaders ... maybe the most qualified to give an opinion about the feeling state of server ... they play for and with 100+ players ...
LOL when Gorion left had neither Harder or Razyel not picked it up some weeks later you'd be endorsing my opinion with this post via albion bg lead, and to my memory your posts have been at polar opposites with my own

Revering someone's insight for what they do ingame is a bad idea no matter how attuned they are with the game
Tue 20 Oct 2020 6:24 AM by Gildar
easytoremember wrote:
Tue 20 Oct 2020 1:37 AM
Gildar wrote:
Mon 19 Oct 2020 11:05 PM
LOL when Gorion left had neither Harder or Razyel not picked it up some weeks later you'd be endorsing my opinion with this post via albion bg lead, and to my memory your posts have been at polar opposites with my own

Revering someone's insight for what they do ingame is a bad idea no matter how attuned they are with the game

Not me sorry ... wrong person.

I ever appreciate the BG leaders ... well maybe i dont love Razyel because necro class he play is so bugged ...

Back in topic ... Mine was only an idea ... Anyway in tired to have you reply at every post i made man ... what you want from me ?
Tue 20 Oct 2020 8:26 AM by easytoremember
Gildar wrote:
Tue 20 Oct 2020 6:24 AM
Back in topic ... Mine was only an idea ... Anyway in tired to have you reply at every post i made man ... what you want from me ?
Nothing? You happened to post things I was interested in
Wed 21 Oct 2020 10:28 AM by inoeth
Citian wrote:
Mon 19 Oct 2020 12:36 AM
reset to right before the switch to new frontiers aka Old frontiers pls

or else ill continue to not play i swear

wont happen, you can leave this forum now.

hell, i have the feeling all the flamers are ppl who dont even play here but keep posting their bullshit over and over to influence developement in a bad way. get the hell out!
Wed 21 Oct 2020 12:24 PM by Uthred
inoeth wrote:
Wed 21 Oct 2020 10:28 AM
Citian wrote:

hell, i have the feeling all the flamers are ppl who dont even play here but keep posting their bullshit over and over to influence developement in a bad way. get the hell out!
Last played one year ago, nothing more to add.
Wed 21 Oct 2020 12:49 PM by Sepplord
Uthred wrote:
Wed 21 Oct 2020 12:24 PM
inoeth wrote:
Wed 21 Oct 2020 10:28 AM
Citian wrote:

Last played one year ago, nothing more to add.

To be fair, he said he isn't playing and will continue to not play here...
He is just leaving the feedback what would motivate him to come back as a player instead of a forum lurker
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics