lower realm timer

Started 21 Oct 2020
by carlwinslow
in Suggestions
I just wanna goof around and be able to switch to my different characters sometimes and 4 hours is still way too long. It's common consensus even among the devs that the server pop is going down and down. Maybe it's time to lower the realm timer to 30 mins to an hour. Lets be real for a minute, does anybody even care about the relics? I know I certainly don't. I just want to be able to enjoy my characters on the different realms that I worked hard to level and temp. When you have such a long timer it kills any motivation to actually wait 4 hours.

some ideas
1. Lower realm timer in general.
2. Maybe have a scaling realm timer if the pop is very low like during NA times for instance.
3. Make it so that you can play characters under rr6 on a much shorter timer since your impact in rvr will be very low compared to the constant groups of rr11s running around.
Wed 21 Oct 2020 11:06 AM by Runental
No
If noone would care about relics, i ask you what's the point of constant BGs out there when 100-150 peeps try to get it and vice versa.
They don't have real impact on gameplay, but still, they are the hardest things to achieve and mean alot for the community when you get it,- something like the "together/united" feeling, whatever you call it when you participate,-so you may not have any idea about it.
Tbh, i would raise this damn timer up to 24h again or even higher.
Glad the server does not follow what you or me wants.
Wed 21 Oct 2020 2:14 PM by ExcretusMaximus
carlwinslow wrote:
Wed 21 Oct 2020 10:39 AM
Lets be real for a minute, does anybody even care about the relics?

I don't, but clearly the majority of the server's population does. How do I know that? Oh, I dunno, maybe the dozens of posts about relics and the constant 100+ zergs every single day in Alb and Hib taking/defending them.
Wed 21 Oct 2020 3:40 PM by LegalEagle52
The timer is a real bummer when you get out and there are a ton of groups on your realm and less groups on other realms. But I get why it exists. May it could be lower for going from the over pop realm to the under pop realm than it is vice versa.
Wed 21 Oct 2020 9:34 PM by Gildar
Runental wrote:
Wed 21 Oct 2020 11:06 AM
No
If noone would care about relics, i ask you what's the point of constant BGs out there when 100-150 peeps try to get it and vice versa.
They don't have real impact on gameplay, but still, they are the hardest things to achieve and mean alot for the community when you get it,- something like the "together/united" feeling, whatever you call it when you participate,-so you may not have any idea about it.
Tbh, i would raise this damn timer up to 24h again or even higher.
Glad the server does not follow what you or me wants.

Agree 100% with Runental ... and i' m Hib
Thu 22 Oct 2020 1:32 AM by ExcretusMaximus
LegalEagle52 wrote:
Wed 21 Oct 2020 3:40 PM
The timer is a real bummer when you get out and there are a ton of groups on your realm and less groups on other realms. But I get why it exists. May it could be lower for going from the over pop realm to the under pop realm than it is vice versa.

If /u isn't enough, go to the frontier and ask who is running or what the numbers are like. You can sit in a relic town all night and swap with no penalty as long as you don't gain any XP or RP.
Thu 22 Oct 2020 2:30 AM by Kurbsen
nah server lifespan is dying, time to get rid of the timer all together or allow swapping to underpop realm
Thu 22 Oct 2020 11:40 AM by Forlornhope
Kurbsen wrote:
Thu 22 Oct 2020 2:30 AM
nah server lifespan is dying, time to get rid of the timer all together or allow swapping to underpop realm

People have had more than ample opportunities to swap to the underdog realm, which is usually mid. The four hour timer's not preventing them from doing it, not having desire to have to try is.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics