- physical attacks now have variance
- critical damage has variance again
- fixed juggernaut not updating the size on gain / fade for nearby players
- fixed a couple client crash causes
Sat 10 Oct 2020 11:53 AM by Freedomcall
gruenesschaf wrote:
Sat 10 Oct 2020 11:03 AM

I am curious about the reasoning of introducing melee variance.
This server has gone well with static melee damage, and I have actually never seen one complaining about it.
And all of a sudden, there was a survey, and the result didn't even show a big difference(50% vs 46%).
What made devs decide this change?
Did you guys think giving variance like the past will help melee groups?
Sat 10 Oct 2020 12:50 PM by Bradekes
I am also confused. Should definitely keep normalized damage and get rid of variance. I think people miss crit RA's giving higher % more than the variances be gone tbh. the vote % weren't even far enough apart to change this. Please return it but keep the crit variance.
Sat 10 Oct 2020 2:18 PM by Cadebrennus
I assumed that votes that were both near the 50% mark would go unchanged. By changing this despite the vote it shows that the Devs had an agenda regardless of everyone's opinion.
Sat 10 Oct 2020 2:36 PM by DJ2000
The Survey was with some of those questions, as far as i can tell, more of an inside-Joke, than actual needed Feedback from the community.
Sat 10 Oct 2020 2:36 PM by gruenesschaf
Cadebrennus wrote:
Sat 10 Oct 2020 2:18 PM
I assumed that votes that were both near the 50% mark would go unchanged. By changing this despite the vote it shows that the Devs had an agenda regardless of everyone's opinion.

We have always gone with a simple majority. Please note that it shows 50% and 46% for all participants in the survey but it's 51% in favor if you only count those that answered that question.

And as for agenda, I don't think I can be any more clear that I personally am opposed to variance as I've shown in this post: https://forum.playphoenix.online/get-involved/ask-the-team/26454-october-survey-questions?page=4#p145004
Sat 10 Oct 2020 2:44 PM by gruenesschaf
Freedomcall wrote:
Sat 10 Oct 2020 11:53 AM
This server has gone well with static melee damage, and I have actually never seen one complaining about it.
And all of a sudden, there was a survey, and the result didn't even show a big difference(50% vs 46%).

The primary driver for the whole survey were styles / weapon lines to either get a mandate for a large scale change or to just finish it up by changing the style chains. Realm pride and archery damage is just current stuff and out of curiosity the thing about useless speclines was added. As we heard a quite a few complaints about flat crit damage that was included and as it's related we included the general physical variance. On the latter point it's kind of a brexit result, I didn't expect people to prefer useless rng but oh well.
Sat 10 Oct 2020 3:43 PM by Azrael
Why you do not wait until the survey is over until you do any changes. Whats with the options which are close like the side style arc? Do you want to wait until result switch to end the survey?
Whats about RR5, it seems the conclusion is nobody talks about it anymore so it does not come after many complained in threads, right? (Would be happy when rr5 never eve comes) Or are you doing some secret overhaul and present rr5 when you are done? Would be nice if you gave us some information what your plans are. After the discussion about rr5 stopped, you presented this survey. It often seems you just doing some random stuff nobody asked for. I assume you have a plan and it would be great to tell us what you want to do in the future so people can prepare.
Sat 10 Oct 2020 4:19 PM by gotwqqd
Cadebrennus wrote:
Sat 10 Oct 2020 2:18 PM
Or maybe because it’s deemed to not be a huge ordeal, go with the majority.

Too bad US elections have electorate college
Sat 10 Oct 2020 4:51 PM by Jerrian
Freedomcall wrote:
gruenesschaf wrote:

It ´s always been Dark age of Castalot, as long as you not playing midgard. Nevertheless, cast damage should have variance too then, it ´s always been easier to nuke from afar then running as a tank in a casting bulk of mass destruction.
Sat 10 Oct 2020 4:52 PM by thirian24
Jerrian wrote:
Sat 10 Oct 2020 4:51 PM
Freedomcall wrote:
gruenesschaf wrote:

It ´s always been Dark age of Castalot, as long as you not playing midgard. Nevertheless, cast damage should have variance too then, it ´s always been easier to nuke from afar then running as a tank in a casting bulk of mass destruction.

Casting dmg does have variance. Also, Mid casters are super strong, but most mids aren't big brained enough to play them.
Sat 10 Oct 2020 5:27 PM by easytoremember
Azrael wrote:
Sat 10 Oct 2020 3:43 PM
Why you do not wait until the survey is over until you do any changes. Whats with the options which are close like the side style arc? Do you want to wait until result switch to end the survey?
I can't give a shit about the opinion of reactionaries voting only after seeing the results weren't what they liked
Sat 10 Oct 2020 7:38 PM by ExcretusMaximus
thirian24 wrote:
Sat 10 Oct 2020 4:52 PM
Casting dmg does have variance.

Only on un-specced baselines, unless they changed it and didn't post an announcement.

thirian24 wrote:
Sat 10 Oct 2020 4:52 PM
Also, Mid casters are super strong, but most mids aren't big brained enough to play them.

Yep.
Sun 11 Oct 2020 2:22 AM by Schamalow
Playing scout, I got some trouble to see which type of arrow I should used on a new enemy with the variance.
Some mobs even have no bonus or malus on any type.

Can we have a base number on screen when we hit or something like that please?

For example:
"Damage modifier 2200(+200)" meaning base damage 2000 & +10% variance
or "Damage modifier 2200 (+10%)"
or "Damage modifier 2200 (2000)"
Sun 11 Oct 2020 2:30 AM by soremir
I was under the impression that you wanted to collect information, not that these votes were a 50% referendum on these changes. I personally would have changed some of my votes for sure.

Also, the above comment is so key, it's now really hard to test any changes as I cant see how if affects damage at all because of the variance.
Sun 11 Oct 2020 3:44 AM by Azrael
easytoremember wrote:
Sat 10 Oct 2020 5:27 PM
Azrael wrote:
Sat 10 Oct 2020 3:43 PM
I can't give a shit about the opinion of reactionaries voting only after seeing the results weren't what they liked
What?
Sun 11 Oct 2020 3:56 AM by easytoremember
Azrael wrote:
Sun 11 Oct 2020 3:44 AM
easytoremember wrote:
Sat 10 Oct 2020 5:27 PM
What?

gruenesschaf wrote: Live updating results: https://forum.playphoenix.online/survey-results

While the vote is not yet closed, the participation has slowed down quite a bit and there hasn't been any real % change after the first day.
Sun 11 Oct 2020 4:12 PM by skipari
gruenesschaf wrote:

Did the crit damage against NPC got customized? I see several >50% crits during grind/dummy tests.
Tue 13 Oct 2020 6:17 AM by Sepplord
gruenesschaf wrote:

Did the crit-nerf get reverted?

considering the nerf was unintentional, and only applied because the crit-dmg normalisation resulted in too many "deadly spikes" it would make sense to roll that change back when the dmg variance is back
Tue 13 Oct 2020 1:47 PM by inoeth
skipari wrote:
Sun 11 Oct 2020 4:12 PM
gruenesschaf wrote:

Did the crit damage against NPC got customized? I see several >50% crits during grind/dummy tests.

afaik on npcs 100% crits are possible
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to News or the latest topics