Double Crit shot

Started 27 Sep 2020
by Bradekes
in Resolved Issues
So I was under the impression you couldn't be crit shot twice in a row. Maybe that isn't the case? SS showing the issue here.

Issue Timeline

27 Sep 2020 Bradekes created this issue
11 Oct 2020 Uthred triaged this issue
11 Oct 2020 Uthred changed the status of this issue from new to backlog
24 Oct 2020 gruenesschaf assigned this issue from Nobody to gruenesschaf
24 Oct 2020 gruenesschaf changed the status of this issue from in_progress to resolved
Sun 27 Sep 2020 7:51 PM by inoeth
i think one is pallintone, was that near a keep?
Sun 27 Sep 2020 9:09 PM by Bradekes
inoeth wrote:
Sun 27 Sep 2020 7:51 PM
i think one is pallintone, was that near a keep?

Yes but I don't think siege hits specific body parts. This was in a keep my realm owned. I was trying to exit the postern door. Siege also does untyped dmg. Siege also doesn't have damage modifiers. This is definitely two crit shot hitting me.
Sun 27 Sep 2020 11:36 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Maybe they were fired at the exact same time?
Mon 28 Sep 2020 3:15 AM by phelger
crit shot followed by a shot that crited?
Mon 28 Sep 2020 3:23 AM by Freedomcall
Both are exactly critshots.
Pallintone is elemental damage thus doesn't have damage reduced by resist.
Shot that critted should show another message that it was a critical hit, not like that.

Not sure what exactly happened though.
Mon 28 Sep 2020 3:24 AM by Bradekes
phelger wrote:
Mon 28 Sep 2020 3:15 AM
crit shot followed by a shot that crited?

If an ability crits on you it says so in the combat log that was not a shot that crit.
Mon 28 Sep 2020 4:28 AM by Acay
1k DMG from Archers is way too high and needs balance anyways.
With Crit it's 1,5k? So 65% Of a Fulltank.
Please nerf this FOTM class..
Mon 28 Sep 2020 5:46 AM by gotwqqd
Lots of what seems like coordinated/timed assisting on voice coms lately with archers.
Mon 28 Sep 2020 5:54 AM by gotwqqd
So
No bubble, no af buff? , no absorb buff?
Mon 28 Sep 2020 6:30 AM by Astaa
Acay wrote:
Mon 28 Sep 2020 4:28 AM

Crit shots can't crit. If a tank is getting hit for 1k damage from an archer, tell him to put his armour on...and stand up.
Mon 28 Sep 2020 6:35 AM by Astaa
But yeah, critshot seems flaky sometimes, out of habit I always open with critshot from stealth and even if the target is in combat, it will often allow the critshot anyway. The other bug is longshot (I reported it, got ignored) if you line up a critshot and the enemy goes out of range, then change to longshot, it will often still allow the critshot, even though it says in the chatlog that you have switched to long shot.
Mon 28 Sep 2020 6:57 AM by Ceen
Acay wrote:
Mon 28 Sep 2020 4:28 AM
And if that crit of a crit crits it's 3k damage.
Can't believe this is not fixed!
Mon 28 Sep 2020 11:35 AM by Bradekes
gotwqqd wrote:
Mon 28 Sep 2020 5:54 AM
So

An archer assist train shoots me in middle of 140alb zerg keep take ofc no bubble, something broke it . I have my abs and af buff + spec af from pots on and full melee resists as you can see from the negative dmg. I'm not at all concerned about the amount of damage their crit shot did, I am assuming they had full buffs. I am only concerned that I got two-shot because of a bug allowing multiple crit shot.

Think of it from a realistic perspective.. if these guys know how to exploit this they can drop a fully buffed caster every 3.9 seconds. They can average 15kills every minute if they have the optimal settings allowing it. Not really fair for a 2man team.
Mon 28 Sep 2020 3:16 PM by Strikejk
Again critshot should be properly implemented on this server.
1. No double crit shots
2. No critshot to ppl in combat
3. No critshot to sprinting people
Mon 28 Sep 2020 3:22 PM by Sepplord
So, which targets would that leave to be critshotted...

seriously, the no-sprinting restriction would not make sense on this server
Mon 28 Sep 2020 3:55 PM by Ceen
Strikejk wrote:
Mon 28 Sep 2020 3:16 PM
Again critshot should be properly implemented on this server.
1. No double crit shots
2. No critshot to ppl in combat
3. No critshot to sprinting people
1. is phoenix version
2. and 3. is from old archery where double crit shot and 100x crit shot was possible (normal walking speed was enough but keep your urban legend and it was no active swing timer not beeing in combat)

So you pick the worst of both worlds, because you either died in an RvR zone or have no clue and mix things up.
Best bet: both ^^
Tue 29 Sep 2020 9:11 AM by Cadebrennus
Bradekes wrote:
Mon 28 Sep 2020 11:35 AM
gotwqqd wrote:
Mon 28 Sep 2020 5:54 AM
So

An archer assist train shoots me in middle of 140alb zerg keep take ofc no bubble, something broke it . I have my abs and af buff + spec af from pots on and full melee resists as you can see from the negative dmg. I'm not at all concerned about the amount of damage their crit shot did, I am assuming they had full buffs. I am only concerned that I got two-shot because of a bug allowing multiple crit shot.

Think of it from a realistic perspective.. if these guys know how to exploit this they can drop a fully buffed caster every 3.9 seconds. They can average 15kills every minute if they have the optimal settings allowing it. Not really fair for a 2man team.

Damn you're lucky you got to last 3.9 seconds. When my Merc or Ranger is attacked by 2 casters I don't last longer than 2 or 3 seconds. I don't think anyone can.
Tue 29 Sep 2020 11:24 AM by Bradekes
Cadebrennus wrote:
Tue 29 Sep 2020 9:11 AM
Damn you're lucky you got to last 3.9 seconds. When my Merc or Ranger is attacked by 2 casters I don't last longer than 2 or 3 seconds. I don't think anyone can.

I mean I dropped instantly... but I'm guessing they had their shot preloaded.
Tue 29 Sep 2020 12:32 PM by Sepplord
Bradekes wrote:
Tue 29 Sep 2020 11:24 AM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Tue 29 Sep 2020 9:11 AM

I mean I dropped instantly... but I'm guessing they had their shot preloaded.

does that matter, when your example calculation assumes permanent loading of critshots without stealthing in between?
At that point comparing it to casters casting makes sense imo.
When we are in that fantasyland though, 2savages sidestyling lurikeens/avalonians will probably be even faster

but maybe, just maybe, that claim of 15kills per minute was just a tiny bit misleading
Tue 29 Sep 2020 12:42 PM by Bradekes
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 29 Sep 2020 12:32 PM
does that matter, when your example calculation assumes permanent loading of critshots without stealthing in between?
At that point comparing it to casters casting makes sense imo.
When we are in that fantasyland though, 2savages sidestyling lurikeens/avalonians will probably be even faster

but maybe, just maybe, that claim of 15kills per minute was just a tiny bit misleading

Why would archers have to restealth in zerg fight if they are killing their targets instantly.. many fights people are so distracted they don't notice an archer unless they are getting shot, if they die instantly that leaves the archer open to shoot the next target.. you don't need to stealth to perform a critshot.

Most my rvr is in big keep fights because I have small kids I cannot hold 100% focus to smallman or 8v8.. so you have to consider it from that point of view.

3.9 second is about right for critshot draw time and if two scouts are shooting at a target they know has no bubble they can instant drop him with no chance for the caster to survive. I'm only concerned with the double critshot as it would take 3 archers otherwise.
Tue 29 Sep 2020 12:57 PM by Sepplord
So you are doubling down that an archer duo averages 15kills per minute in a zergfight. Got it

I just personally think there is no point further discussing anything with you then, though
Tue 29 Sep 2020 1:17 PM by Bradekes
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 29 Sep 2020 12:57 PM
So you are doubling down that an archer duo averages 15kills per minute in a zergfight. Got it

I just personally think there is no point further discussing anything with you then, though

Dude I'm not sure what you're smokin.. I am not saying that was a realistic number read the post consider the words I chose. Optimal doesn't equal realistic but does mean it is possible. I'm also not saying just ANY archer duo is capable of this, but that an archer duo that knows how to exploit double critshot would have a chance at accomplishing that idea. Even a bubbled critshot of 900 dmg would deal 450+900 from second archer would kill most casters in 2 hits.

Return to Resolved Issues or the latest topics