How to make money on mid?

Started 24 Sep 2020
by Hibernia624
in Midgard
Took a break around the time they nerfed drops from mobs/ Originally farmed Firbolgs in sheeroe on my animist in hib for 15 arc items. Now coming back to the game and started mid, but I have no idea where and how to farm for temps? I have a BD and a shaman, any advice appreciated.
Sun 27 Sep 2020 10:36 AM by Siouxsie
There's really nowhere. The salvage loot nerf from May 2019 killed any chance of making decent money from mid.
Sun 27 Sep 2020 1:34 PM by ExcretusMaximus
After 300+ hours farming on all three realms, my findings are that...

...Malmo 15 arc drops are around 3%.
...Sheeroe 15 arc drops are around 8%.
...Dartmoor 15 arc drops are around 21%.

Couple that with a Necro being able to farm at literally three times to speed of any Midgard class, and you see why there is a massive queue to transfer money from Albion to Midgard; no one actually farms on Mid.
Sun 27 Sep 2020 1:45 PM by tommccartney
As I write this /tradeorder pending shows

Albion -> Midgard 277p
Albion -> Hibernia 88p

Hibernia -> Albion 0
Hibernia -> Midgard 177p

Midgard -> Albion 0
Midgard -> Hibernia 0

No one ever trades money out of Midgard. I’ve been saying this for a long time, why can’t midgard have the same money making capabilities as the other 2 realms ?
Sun 27 Sep 2020 2:16 PM by gruenesschaf
tommccartney wrote:
Sun 27 Sep 2020 1:45 PM
As I write this /tradeorder pending shows

Albion -> Midgard 277p
Albion -> Hibernia 88p

Hibernia -> Albion 0
Hibernia -> Midgard 177p

Midgard -> Albion 0
Midgard -> Hibernia 0

No one ever trades money out of Midgard. I’ve been saying this for a long time, why can’t midgard have the same money making capabilities as the other 2 realms ?

What this means is that currently more people want to move from alb / hib to mid than out of mid, well, at least more gold wants to be moved that way.
Sun 27 Sep 2020 2:29 PM by gian
Sure it seems right now that more and more people are coming to Mid more than going out of it...

BUT they are all still farming in hib/alb land and porting the money over to Mid (the figures on /tradeorder pending prove this also.)

as previously observed and stated by people, Its easier currently to farm in Hib or Alb and send the cash over to Midgard, due to the fact that it is too painful to run around midgard in its current state trying to scrape together even close the amount in the same time..

I also do this myself on my Animist/Necro) why not? I would be a fool if I didnt use the tools offered to maximise my gains in a smaller amount of time? I remember farming on my Bonedancer back around launch time it was a blast. (no dark nerf but thats another story lol) I was making ok money in mid just farming ojs and reds in Raum and that wasnt including xp items I could sell by the stack (also there was no pre nerfed droprate/timer)

That said though. its still a very Great game, and thanks Phoenix team for all the work youve done to make this server

but this farm thing, I wish we could work something out were all 3 realms felt more buffed in the Farming spots/zones. just a littttle bit

Thanks
Sun 27 Sep 2020 2:29 PM by ExcretusMaximus
gruenesschaf wrote:
Sun 27 Sep 2020 2:16 PM
What this means is that currently more people want to move from alb / hib to mid than out of mid, well, at least more gold wants to be moved that way.

Because farming on Midgard is so ineffective that no one wants to do it. It's literally more efficient to farm for ten hours on Albion and wait four days for the transfer than it is to farm for twenty hours on Midgard.
Sun 27 Sep 2020 3:27 PM by tommccartney
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sun 27 Sep 2020 2:29 PM
gruenesschaf wrote:

Because farming on Midgard is so ineffective that no one wants to do it. It's literally more efficient to farm for ten hours on Albion and wait four days for the transfer than it is to farm for twenty hours on Midgard.

Exactly this ! Why do people pretend that money farming is equal between realms is beyond me
Mon 28 Sep 2020 10:28 AM by Sepplord
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
gruenesschaf wrote:

is 4days waiting enough? serious question...if that'S the case then there is no severe shotage of midgard money, but i doubt that is the case (as the farming discrepancy is huge)
But how is everyone farming on the other realms to transfer if there is noone on midgard farming? Where is the midgard money coming from?

Imo the easier solution, instead of invaluating existing midgard money by increasing farm-payouts would be to offer bigger conversion rates. Give people 2alb-plat for every mid-plat (number pulled from my backside, change as warranted) and see how/if it changes the tradeorder bottlenecks, if it doesn't further increase the conversion rates.
Mon 28 Sep 2020 2:12 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 28 Sep 2020 10:28 AM
is 4days waiting enough? serious question

Now? No, probably not. When I was doing it, the queue was only 20 or 30 plat, now it's in the hundreds.

Four months ago though, I could farm for two days on Alb and transfer 50p to Mid over the course of a week.

As for where the money is coming from in Midgard, I suspect it's from a few very rich players aggregating the wealth (or lack thereof) of the entire realm into their pockets via feather farming and alchemy. The typical drop farmer makes 1.5-2p an hour in Midgard, which is just a joke.

I've also begun to hear rumors of RLMT for money in Midgard, which has happened before (thankfully the offenders were banned).
Tue 29 Sep 2020 3:18 AM by boridi
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Mon 28 Sep 2020 2:12 PM
Sepplord wrote:

Now? No, probably not. When I was doing it, the queue was only 20 or 30 plat, now it's in the hundreds.

Four months ago though, I could farm for two days on Alb and transfer 50p to Mid over the course of a week.

As for where the money is coming from in Midgard, I suspect it's from a few very rich players aggregating the wealth (or lack thereof) of the entire realm into their pockets via feather farming and alchemy. The typical drop farmer makes 1.5-2p an hour in Midgard, which is just a joke.

I've also begun to hear rumors of RLMT for money in Midgard, which has happened before (thankfully the offenders were banned).
Real life money transfer? Paying an 8 year old in a 3rd world country to use your account and farm for you?
Tue 29 Sep 2020 3:46 AM by gotwqqd
boridi wrote:
Tue 29 Sep 2020 3:18 AM
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sepplord wrote:

Real life money transfer? Paying an 8 year old in a 3rd world country to use your account and farm for you?
Bannable
Tue 29 Sep 2020 11:23 AM by boridi
gotwqqd wrote:
Tue 29 Sep 2020 3:46 AM
boridi wrote:
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sepplord wrote:

Bannable
I was curious because i havent heard the term RLMT before.
Tue 29 Sep 2020 1:57 PM by ExcretusMaximus
boridi wrote:

On big games, sure, it's a big business.

On a small server for an old game like this? It's people just doing their normal money making and selling it (5p = $20 is the rumor I heard).
Tue 29 Sep 2020 6:30 PM by Kappu
Sepplord wrote:
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
gruenesschaf wrote:

is 4days waiting enough? serious question...if that'S the case then there is no severe shotage of midgard money, but i doubt that is the case (as the farming discrepancy is huge)
But how is everyone farming on the other realms to transfer if there is noone on midgard farming? Where is the midgard money coming from?

Imo the easier solution, instead of invaluating existing midgard money by increasing farm-payouts would be to offer bigger conversion rates. Give people 2alb-plat for every mid-plat (number pulled from my backside, change as warranted) and see how/if it changes the tradeorder bottlenecks, if it doesn't further increase the conversion rates.

Just because there is a huge influx of money incoming from other realms doesn't mean Midgard doesn't have a shortage of plat. This means that players who started on Mid may still not have the ability to farm money at the appropriate rate and just proves that economically they need to look at the Mid drop rates and farming options.
Tue 29 Sep 2020 10:19 PM by Jafeeio
The major factor why tradeorders are not being filled or only very slowly is because there is no reason to get involved if you enjoy making gold.
Exchangerates are incredibly static and dont resemble demand at all. Any gold i traded from Midgard to Albion 9 months ago is still worth the exact same amount, it's just in a different place now.

Filling tradeorders COULD be a service and/or a speculative gamble.

There are obviously a few ways to fix this. Updating exchangerates way more often and having a range from 0.8 to 1.2 ratio would be a pretty safe start. Letting players decide their own exchangerates in their offers would be another. I could have a standing offer of 10p on Midgard for 12p on Albion and players are free to either take it immediately or wait for a better offer.
Wed 30 Sep 2020 8:08 AM by Valaraukar
Kappu wrote:
Tue 29 Sep 2020 6:30 PM

Just because there is a huge influx of money incoming from other realms doesn't mean Midgard doesn't have a shortage of plat. This means that players who started on Mid may still not have the ability to farm money at the appropriate rate and just proves that economically they need to look at the Mid drop rates and farming options.

This is the point. Farming is a time/effort/income issue. Mid has the worst rate on this: high time, high effort, lower income. As I've already said in an another post I needed just 5 minutes in Albion with my freshly 50 Cabby, no template, basic farming RA, to get to the right spots (Aldland spots are at 3 minutes from the Port in Diogel, Sidi spots even less from the epic dungeon port), a single afternoon to buy a House and everything in it and have still 5P in my pocket, with no salvaging skills (working on them, I think I'll be a billionaire when I will salvage arcanium in Alb lol). Can you do this in Mid? No, not at all. Worse spots (only one in Mid is a very good one and so it is overcrowded with shamans), much worse farming class, also the drop rate is worse as far as I have seen.

That's the issue. I have to invest really less time to get money in Alb than in Mid, and this the core of farming: Time/Earnings.
Thu 15 Oct 2020 12:01 PM by Kappu
I've been saying this since they 2019 Nerf we had the ability to farm drops with any class and the drip rate was still low and out time/income was still abysmal compared to the other realms...

You don't think it's true, but they nerfed drop rates and when everyone adapted to mass pulling with Shaman in Modern you know what they did? They gave the damn mobs a snare so you couldn't farm... I mean have any other realms suffered that kind of nerf bat to their ability to farm?

Every time Mid tries to adapt in the farming game they nerf said ability to farm. I won't even get into the class disparity of farming which is on about as big of an issue as the nerfs to farming itself.
Thu 15 Oct 2020 12:25 PM by Runental
RvR solves most of my money problems.
Selling bounty points and feathers) which can be massiv if you have a good keep battle) pays all the stuff I need, inclusive respecs once or twice, pots ect.
Task tokens convert into money is a lil income aswell...
For a new Toon i had to farm money somewhere else ofc,- few DS runs with experienced players to sell feathers is the way to go.
Solo farming nerved to the ground in Midgard as mentioned above.
Pulling whole Moderna spot was a good time 🙂
I have a decent sex club in Vasudheim aswell with cute gay Trolls and Lurikeen imports to rent for several hours, for all that stressed Vikings out there which is always a good income backup!
(pm me for prices)
Mon 19 Oct 2020 7:09 AM by sadix
Where are the 15 arca salvage spot on mid please ? I m new and need to template my freshly 50 hunter. Only have 8 plats for the moment. I m Farming 49 xp drop and salvaging for 3 arca. That s slow.
Mon 19 Oct 2020 1:31 PM by ExcretusMaximus
sadix wrote:
Mon 19 Oct 2020 7:09 AM
Where are the 15 arca salvage spot on mid please ? I m new and need to template my freshly 50 hunter. Only have 8 plats for the moment. I m Farming 49 xp drop and salvaging for 3 arca. That s slow.

Drakulv Attendants, but don't get your hopes up, Golden Alloy weapons have a 3% drop rate off OJ/Red mobs.
Mon 19 Oct 2020 6:50 PM by sadix
OK, thank you for the info, what would you recommend to earn plats faster ?
Mon 19 Oct 2020 7:01 PM by tommccartney
Make a DS char and sell the feathers and high util RoG. Easiest I found was make a savage, very cheap to cap temp as only 1 melee weapon line. Zerg a bit and get mastery of pain 9. Then you’re good to go for DS runs(boring as hell).

Solo Sham farm sucks now ..

There’s not many farm groups on mid either tbh ..

As already posted on this thread, the 15arc drop rate is so low it’s not worth it at all. It used to be decent and fun.

But of a shit show over here on Mid if I’m honest
Mon 19 Oct 2020 7:49 PM by Calconious
I can do 3-4 plat an hour pretty easy with my shaman. There are good AoE spots in Mid, you just have to go searching and be willing to work a bit harder setting up the pull than the other realms. There are a few spots in the SI zones that I've found that don't seem to get much attention.

If you have the Hagibu or w/e spot in the swamp all to yourself you can pull like 75 at a time and get 5-6p an hour....it's rare to not find at least 1 shaman there already though.

Other realms are better still, but there are options in Mid. I personally don't like doing DS runs, but probably easier to go that route if you know people.
Mon 19 Oct 2020 7:57 PM by bculpepper
If you are solo there are really 2 good options to make money.

1) Shaman. AOE pull and kite. This is the fastest money maker IMO if you are good at it. It takes work and if you screw up you die as 40+ yellow/oj mobs will kill you with one swing. Its a very active playstyle. I'm guessing 1.5p+ per hour. More if you calculate selling the dust from salvage of Rog jewelry.

2) Bonedancer. I prefer 18 supp, rest BA. You can farm Yellow/OJ almost non-stop with almost no chance of dying. I'm guessing 1p per hour, but if you farm the right mobs you can sell the xp items. This playstyle lets you half-way pay attention and make money.

Another unconventional option:

Hunter - spec 50 bow and rest sword. I know its crazy but you can kill non-stop this way. About as fast as a BD, but its a very active style unlike the BD - you have to pay attention and play hard. You have 24 hours at level 50 - if you put in 12hrs or so as a hunter with 50 bow 49 sword, 32 BC you can probably get at least 15-20p.
Tue 20 Oct 2020 8:32 AM by sadix
Tanks a lot for the answers, as I only play solo for the moment I will not go to DS as I have to afk time to time.
I leveled 4 x50s since the beginning for the pleasure but templated no one. Skald, RM, reaver then hunter. I think I will go with a fifth as shaman !
I farmed habgui, drakulv and cockatrice with the hunter but with a spe below 40, pretty uneffective I Will try with 50 bow before uping the sham.
Tue 20 Oct 2020 8:47 AM by easytoremember
If they do a week of free respecs buy up cheap stones from impatient people and resell them after it ends
Tue 20 Oct 2020 12:45 PM by Forlornhope
sadix wrote:
Tue 20 Oct 2020 8:32 AM
Tanks a lot for the answers, as I only play solo for the moment I will not go to DS as I have to afk time to time.
I leveled 4 x50s since the beginning for the pleasure but templated no one. Skald, RM, reaver then hunter. I think I will go with a fifth as shaman !
I farmed habgui, drakulv and cockatrice with the hunter but with a spe below 40, pretty uneffective I Will try with 50 bow before uping the sham.

I've been to the hagbuis on my 27 bow hunter and generally kill them before they get to me. This is on a fully temped rr5+ though. Maybe make sure you've got a few necessary stats maxed out and you shouldn't have much issues. Make sure you've got 75/75 dex, qui, and +11 to your bow. Also a 5.0 speed bow 99 qual or better will help ya out. True it is likely more efficient on a shaman, and nothing solo's really going to compare. You may also want to try farming high level xp items and selling those. Some can go for 100-200 gold a stack, I know there's a good bear spot in raumarik that drops level 48 xp items that I used to sell. Your hunter would be more efficient farming things like that since there's the 2 minute cap on the drop rate for 'em. Make sure you've got 1100 metal/woodworking to salvage what drops and you can pull out some decent money.
Tue 20 Oct 2020 6:57 PM by boomber
came back to phoenix after taking ~1 year break - tried farming on my bd and the crit changes to WP and WM seem to have absolutely ruined this class for farming...am I doing something wrong? is this why midgard is broke now?
Tue 20 Oct 2020 8:07 PM by Valaraukar
boomber wrote:
Tue 20 Oct 2020 6:57 PM
came back to phoenix after taking ~1 year break - tried farming on my bd and the crit changes to WP and WM seem to have absolutely ruined this class for farming...am I doing something wrong? is this why midgard is broke now?

Even if the crit change has been a big nerf for BDs you can still farm decently any kind of mob, from orange to early purple. What is your spec and Realm Rank? I have a dark BD, 3L7, and with WM 6 e WP 4 I can easily handle Shredders in DF or Giants outside Tusca (good for Modernagrav faction, not for drops), also Drakulv Disciples in Dragon's Lair are quite easy but they need a lot of power.
Tue 20 Oct 2020 8:13 PM by boomber
Valaraukar wrote:
Tue 20 Oct 2020 8:07 PM
boomber wrote:
Tue 20 Oct 2020 6:57 PM

Even if the crit change has been a big nerf for BDs you can still farm decently any kind of mob, from orange to early purple. What is your spec and Realm Rank? I have a dark BD, 3L7, and with WM 6 e WP 4 I can easily handle Shredders in DF or Giants outside Tusca (good for Modernagrav faction, not for drops), also Drakulv Disciples in Dragon's Lair are quite easy but they need a lot of power.

I'm 50 BA and i think 18supp? I forget spec exactly. fairly low RR, something around 3L2. i'm still able to kill same mobs as before (like shredders), just the amount of time to kill seems much much longer and I get so fewer crits for lesser values. so still killing same stuff, just feels way slower.
Tue 20 Oct 2020 9:48 PM by Amarath
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
gruenesschaf wrote:

IDK appreantly BD are just too op they get nerfs. Even in the last survey they were listed super op. too many 1v1 encounters im guessing.
Tue 20 Oct 2020 10:18 PM by Valaraukar
Amarath wrote:
Tue 20 Oct 2020 9:48 PM
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
gruenesschaf wrote:

IDK appreantly BD are just too op they get nerfs. Even in the last survey they were listed super op. too many 1v1 encounters im guessing.

Oh yeah..so when a reaver nerf?

just kidding... anyway BDs got the most nerf of all, the pets are now almost useless in RvR (they hit less than a dot and can be mezzed/rooted forever, they lose the cast if the target goes out of range, they don't follow, cannot be put in a formation and many other funny things) and the LT has suffered a plain 50% nerf. At least they are still far better than any other Mid toon to solo farm high level mobs. We will see if also this will change in the future
Wed 21 Oct 2020 6:39 AM by Sepplord
Amarath wrote:
Tue 20 Oct 2020 9:48 PM

yeah, the survey regarding class balance was (as expected) a shitshow regarding results

classes that are basically never grouped (cough stealthers cough) were voted primarily together with classes that shine in solo situations.
BD/Minstrel both ahve been nerfed so hard, yet still get the hate.
While classes that are part of fotm groupsetups got 0-2%.

That's what happens when you ask the playerbase about class balance
Wed 21 Oct 2020 12:41 PM by DinoTriz
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 21 Oct 2020 6:39 AM
That's what happens when you ask the playerbase about class balance

People don't think objectively when they vote. They decide based on emotion and rumor.

They don't step back and look at the big picture. They don't consider other factors that they personally don't experience.

"I heard this class was OP" or "This class kills me a lot". Not realizing that they just might be the Scissors to their Rock.

It's why politicians rely on delivering emotional speeches and platitudes. Because people are idiots.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics