archer dmg...and archers mainly adding on fights

Started 18 Aug 2020
by Bry
in RvR
Its time to talk about archer damage. It was buffed a while ago, which was great. Archers felt underpowered. But, almost all archers don't solo. They add on fights or run with other stealthers. Now, the archer damage is way overtuned considering how its played. Its time to lower the damage back down to account for the fact that so many archers add fights and run in groups.
Now, solo damage would be fine. Archers need to be able to solo. Before, killing something with a bow, solo, was laughable. Now, its reasonable. But with more than 2 archers, the damage is unreal.

Proposal: if an archer is hitting a target already engaged in combat, crit shot cannot be used. Penetrating shot cannot be used. Damage scaled down by a %, i'm not sure what % would be fair.

A flat nerf would hurt solo archers. But having no nerf at all just allows the no-skill, adding, zerger archers to ruin the game.

My 2 cents.
Tue 18 Aug 2020 6:56 PM by goten9033
Other non stealth classes group . Shall we lower there damage when grouped together ?
Tue 18 Aug 2020 7:37 PM by DinoTriz
If you really think about it....aren't we all adding onto fights?

Who really gets to say when the fight ends?
Wed 19 Aug 2020 7:51 AM by Lokkjim
I think the issue is that a specced bow archer can put out 400-500 damage just assisting from 2000+ range. This pretty much melts anything in a few shots except maybe a pure tank. One suggestion I've seen is a chance to miss when there are multiple archers shooting at the same target. Solo archers keep their damage while grouped archers can't melt a target in seconds.

To quote daytonchambers from the suggestions thread, plz nerf rangers: "One of the reasons that caster bolts are under-valued is because a mechanic is in place for them where the bolt has a higher miss rate if the target is in combat with somebody else.

So, technically, the code for bolt misses could be applied to archery which would increase miss rates when there are multiple attackers."

I like that idea and it sounds fair to me and also it sounds like an easy change, should the GMs decide to go with it.

Side note: How the heck does the combat timer work? I killed a target and literally 1.5 seconds later I'm crit shot for 795 damage by a ranger. I wasn't out of combat as I couldn't stealth, so how did I get crit shot for full damage?
Wed 19 Aug 2020 8:08 AM by Valaraukar
Are you talking about "archers" or "rangers"? Because I can assure you that dmg from Hunters and Scouts are not even comparable to that. So it seems that the issue is not the "archery" damage but the "rangery" damage. Now scores of hibs will post here yelling that it's not true that rangers are OP, as usual, but the fact is that in an average population time there are 30% more hibs stealthers than Mids and Albs, and that Rangers is the most played class in the server. "But they are not OP" (Hib style)

About adding, yeah everybody here adds, it's daoc you know and this is how it works. Cannot understand why is a problem being rolled by a group of stealthers but it's fine to be rolled by a group of visibles... it's the same mud and it's annoying, just like being killed when exping a lvl 35 in FZ or when a moron steals your perfect spot for farming. It's annoying just like Daoc. No fair play here, never been one and will never be because the game is the way it is.
Wed 19 Aug 2020 8:38 AM by inoeth
solution: new archery

fixes alot of problems, does not feel "classic" but idc.... ranger dmg right now is op af
combat timer+crit shot seems off too, i also got crit shotted while in a fight.... and even if not, the normal shot dmg is as high as crit shots used to be prior the archery buff
Wed 19 Aug 2020 10:20 AM by Stoertebecker
inoeth wrote:
Wed 19 Aug 2020 8:38 AM

fixes alot of problems, does not feel "classic" but idc.... ranger dmg right now is op af
combat timer+crit shot seems off too, i also got crit shotted while in a fight.... and even if not, the normal shot dmg is as high as crit shots used to be prior the archery buff

What do you mean with new archery? The live mechanics? Root + Snare + Desease shots, hunter pet spaming Garotte?

That won`t stop them from grouping or adding.
Well, the problem may be, even if i don`t see a problem there, that grouping with friends/guildmates is more fun than running around solo the whole time.
Wed 19 Aug 2020 10:43 AM by Dunga
Valaraukar wrote:
Wed 19 Aug 2020 8:08 AM
Are you talking about "archers" or "rangers"? Because I can assure you that dmg from Hunters and Scouts are not even comparable to that. So it seems that the issue is not the "archery" damage but the "rangery" damage. Now scores of hibs will post here yelling that it's not true that rangers are OP, as usual, but the fact is that in an average population time there are 30% more hibs stealthers than Mids and Albs, and that Rangers is the most played class in the server. "But they are not OP" (Hib style)

About adding, yeah everybody here adds, it's daoc you know and this is how it works. Cannot understand why is a problem being rolled by a group of stealthers but it's fine to be rolled by a group of visibles... it's the same mud and it's annoying, just like being killed when exping a lvl 35 in FZ or when a moron steals your perfect spot for farming. It's annoying just like Daoc. No fair play here, never been one and will never be because the game is the way it is.

a few days ago i thought so too... but its not realy a huge diff to hunter. im specced full bow,full bc now and come to ~355dex as an dwarf. hit always caster with crit ~1k. as kob/valk u will hit over the 1k. the dam add and the relic bonus will still bring it up, but i think the hardest point is the mass of rangers.

so if there should be a "nerv" then for all
Wed 19 Aug 2020 10:45 AM by inoeth
Stoertebecker wrote:
Wed 19 Aug 2020 10:20 AM
inoeth wrote:

What do you mean with new archery? The live mechanics? Root + Snare + Desease shots, hunter pet spaming Garotte?

Well, the problem may be, even if i don`t see a problem there, that grouping with friends/guildmates is more fun than running around solo the whole time.

garotte dog is not part of the archery line

all long range shots are either low dmg or have a 15s timer where they only do 1/4 dmg so archer zergs are not able to insta kill ppl like they can here on phoenix atm
yes there are snare and root shots but no desease and they have a recast timer so you can not spam them

grping up is not the main problem, it is the insame dmg that can be put out with no restrictions atm, that would be fixed with new archery.
the point blank shot which does alot of dmg has a very short range and also a recast timer.

volley has a recast and does not deal very high dmg

there are also cold and spirit shot which imo can be removed to keep a bit of classic feeling
Wed 19 Aug 2020 11:05 AM by Valaraukar
Dunga wrote:
Wed 19 Aug 2020 10:43 AM
Valaraukar wrote:

a few days ago i thought so too... but its not realy a huge diff to hunter. im specced full bow,full bc now and come to ~355dex as an dwarf. hit always caster with crit ~1k. as kob/valk u will hit over the 1k. the dam add and the relic bonus will still bring it up, but i think the hardest point is the mass of rangers.

crit for 1k on a cloth caster (with no bubble up I'd say) is perfectly normal, the issue is the 300-400 NORMAL damage done to chain wearers, that is totally absurd. And only rangers do this, afaik.
Wed 19 Aug 2020 11:12 AM by Freedomcall
When ppl are whining about archers adding everything, they say,
"This is RVR! We need to help our realmmates! If you want duel, go play another game!"
Well, ok, I guess it is rvr and it is natural most of the archers add.
But then they cry "Archery is shit and archers can't kill other players with their bow as a solo!"

.... Yeah, then let somebody add to that fight to help you kill!

What is this nonsense?
The game should be balanced in accordance to the "norm".
Almost every archers team up or add to fights in reality.
Then, balance should be based on this situation, not when they solo.
We all know that ranged classes become far more powerful when they gather.
Even with casters, solo caster's damage is not that threatening, but when it becomes 2, 3, and more, it becomes extremely powerful.

When Phoenix devs decided to increase overall HP, they publicly announced that they have simulated the case of "how many debuff nukes a tank can survived".
They didn't count solo casters. They tried to balance things according to when there are multiple casters with debuff, cuz they thought that was the "norm".
And why is the damage of solo archer(with a bow) has to be a thing when this is not the norm on phoenix?
Because they have tried to balance archery based on "solos", archer grps became overwhelming.

Something needs to be done on archery.
If they want to set a single mechanics for solo/grp archers, they need to tone down the archery damage.
If they are not willing to fix dmg for solo archers, some kind of dmg reduction/penalty should be introduced when multiple archers assist on single target or add on a fight.
Wed 19 Aug 2020 11:24 AM by Freedomcall
Valaraukar wrote:
Wed 19 Aug 2020 11:05 AM
Dunga wrote:
Valaraukar wrote:

crit for 1k on a cloth caster (with no bubble up I'd say) is perfectly normal, the issue is the 300-400 NORMAL damage done to chain wearers, that is totally absurd. And only rangers do this, afaik.

You are approving and disapproving the same thing.
1k crit dmg on casters mean 500 normal dmg and that is when you can land 300-400 normal damage done to chain wearers.
If you can do 300-400 normal dmg on chain wearers, you can do 1k crit on cloth caster. =P
Wed 19 Aug 2020 11:38 AM by Valaraukar
Freedomcall wrote:
Wed 19 Aug 2020 11:24 AM
Valaraukar wrote:
Dunga wrote:
Valaraukar wrote:

lol what? you are approving and disapproving same thing?
1k crit dmg on casters mean 500 normal dmg and that is when you can land 300-400 normal damage done to chain wearers.
If you can do 300-400 normal dmg on chain wearers, you can do 1k crit on cloth caster. =P

No you cannot, because there are not only 100dmg of difference between cloth and chain. I do an average of 200-250 normal dmg to heavy armors and can crit a cloth (with no bubble, I repeat, and maybe also no temp) for about 950-1k dmg, with 400-450 normal dmg (using the slowest bow on Mid, 5.0, on Hib there is a 5.5 you know)
Wed 19 Aug 2020 11:57 AM by inoeth
thing is most casters do not do 450 dmg out of the box, they need to debuff first. so there is time to run out of range or to prepare in another form.
when archers attack you, you recieve a 1k hit out of nowhere and then 500 dmg hits some seconds later, there is no time to prepare and most time you cant even run because of 2300 range....
Wed 19 Aug 2020 12:02 PM by Stoertebecker
inoeth wrote:
Wed 19 Aug 2020 10:45 AM
Stoertebecker wrote:
inoeth wrote:

all long range shots are either low dmg or have a 15s timer where they only do 1/4 dmg so archer zergs are not able to insta kill ppl like they can here on phoenix atm
yes there are snare and root shots but no desease and they have a recast timer so you can not spam them

grping up is not the main problem, it is the insame dmg that can be put out with no restrictions atm, that would be fixed with new archery.
the point blank shot which does alot of dmg has a very short range and also a recast timer.

there are also cold and spirit shot which imo can be removed to keep a bit of classic feeling

I`ve played in 2018 on Live, that what you`re suggesting will force ppl to group even more. I could easily do some damage tests with hunter and ranger to compare such stuff. I`ve played twice a week in 1 fg hib-sneaks, really....you don`t want that on Phoenix. The damage is not even close if you compare ywainn and phoenix.
Wed 19 Aug 2020 12:32 PM by Freedomcall
Valaraukar wrote:
Wed 19 Aug 2020 11:38 AM
Freedomcall wrote:
Wed 19 Aug 2020 11:24 AM
Valaraukar wrote:
Dunga wrote:
Valaraukar wrote:

lol what? you are approving and disapproving same thing?

No you cannot, because there are not only 100dmg of difference between cloth and chain. I do an average of 200-250 normal dmg to heavy armors and can crit a cloth (with no bubble, I repeat, and maybe also no temp) for about 950-1k dmg, with 400-450 normal dmg (using the slowest bow on Mid, 5.0, on Hib there is a 5.5 you know)

Maybe the casters you hit were not temped or their self buff was down.
Not sure, but "200-250 normal dmg to chain armors and 950-1k crit on casters" doesn't seem like a good reference.
100 dmg of difference on normal shots is already pretty much reliable damage difference for cloth vs chain imo.
Fully buffed casters are rather sturdier(not much though) than leather wearers against archers,
because they have 10% absorb self buff + cloth is neutral to all dmg type.

For reference, I'm leaving a screenshot of how much a ranger can land his critshot on a caster fully buffed from a buffer(no bubble as you said).

Wed 19 Aug 2020 12:42 PM by inoeth
Stoertebecker wrote:
Wed 19 Aug 2020 12:02 PM
inoeth wrote:
Stoertebecker wrote:
inoeth wrote:

I`ve played in 2018 on Live, that what you`re suggesting will force ppl to group even more. I could easily do some damage tests with hunter and ranger to compare such stuff. I`ve played twice a week in 1 fg hib-sneaks, really....you don`t want that on Phoenix. The damage is not even close if you compare ywainn and phoenix.

i dont understand, is it higher or lower on live? why does it force ppl into grps? i played live archer 2017 the last time imo and it was really great solo because of the temporary buffs te point blank shot offered, also i remember the dmg was okish for solo and also for grps since the initial high dmg shot also granted the 1/4 reduction for all following high dmg shots.

cant really test that now because live servers are fkn empty and i dont find any enemys there
Wed 19 Aug 2020 1:47 PM by Stoertebecker
inoeth wrote:
Wed 19 Aug 2020 12:42 PM
Stoertebecker wrote:
Wed 19 Aug 2020 12:02 PM
inoeth wrote:
Stoertebecker wrote:
inoeth wrote:

i dont understand, is it higher or lower on live? why does it force ppl into grps? i played live archer 2017 the last time imo and it was really great solo because of the temporary buffs te point blank shot offered, also i remember the dmg was okish for solo and also for grps since the initial high dmg shot also granted the 1/4 reduction for all following high dmg shots.

cant really test that now because live servers are fkn empty and i dont find any enemys there

The damage on live is less, 30-50%. And ppl have way more hp. If i remember correctly crit-shot was only from stealth, and only the first crit-shot hits for full damage.
Standard Shot was around 240-270 on my rr11Lx Shar Ranger, if all worked well.
The archery system on live may be not worse at all, but you can`t port it over to phoenix without testing all the stuff. I have my doubts that it would be done in 2-3 month.

We could do some tests over there
Wed 19 Aug 2020 2:45 PM by inoeth
well that sounds about right tbh delve for standard shot is 159.. if that results in 270 then
crit shot is 290... that would be around 500?! with 1/4 reduction
point blank is 270 that would be around 450?! with 1:30 min recast
also there is power shot with 270 delve and the 1/4 reduction but can be performed outside of stealth

so you are able to do a crit shot then a normal and then a point blank with roughly 1200 dmg till the enemy reaches you if 1on1 thats alot!
also with the point blank shot you gain a special class specific bonus

hunter: cele
ranger: thrust/blade melee buff
scout: 28dps dmg add

so that is actually how daoc archers were designed: attack at range, finish in melee -> very good for solo
and if you want to grp up then 250-270 dmg for a normal shot is enough
Wed 19 Aug 2020 3:09 PM by dogghaus72
goten9033 wrote:
Tue 18 Aug 2020 6:56 PM
Other non stealth classes group . Shall we lower there damage when grouped together ?

Exactly!! This post is just nothing but hogwash. That would be like me saying all visi classes should have their damage nerf'd when grouped because they kill solo's 8 vs 1. Now if the damage is good enough for solo than it's good enough for group. Either the damage is right or it's not. Just because a class groups up or adds into fights (like every other class in this game does on a regular basis) should have no impact on how their damage works.
Wed 19 Aug 2020 3:23 PM by dogghaus72
Couple issues I see in this thread...

1. Why are some people saying rangers hit more with bow than hunter/scout? That is 100% BS. The only reason that a ranger would hit more than a scout is because of the Dex self buff they get. Nothing else. All ranged stealthers work with the same dmg formula for bow. It's not like the dev's here gave 3 separate dmg formulas for the 3 different ranged archers. Use some common sense here people and quit trying to use this topic to nerf 1 of 3 ranged stealther classes just because a lot of people play them.

2. Quit talking about live mechanics with bow. People like to pick and choose which aspects to focus on to fit their own narrative. They say, "Well dmg on live was blah, blah, on bow and you could only use your crit here...." Yah, but they also forget that on Live you had jacked up charges, stats through the roof, you had a totally different RA system, you had ToA abilities and RR5's. It's not like everything on live is just like it is here except the dmg of bow. You can't just pick one thing on live that you think proves your point and completely disregard the TONS of other things that were different on live. Yes, bow dmg was different on live, but you also had a lot more toys to kite with and use more bow shots before having to enter mele and you had more toys to work with as well.

3. All classes and players add here. Saying that a archer adding is unfair and needs damage nerfed because they can add from afar is just flat out dumb. Casters can add from a distance, should we nerf their damage? Now I will admit that the old rules of crit shots were that the person could not be moving at high speed (more than sprinting speed) and they could not be in combat. That should be the way it is here. I shouldn't be able to get a crit shot off on a person already in combat. Other than that I think dmg on bow is fine.
Wed 19 Aug 2020 3:31 PM by inoeth
dogghaus72 wrote:
Wed 19 Aug 2020 3:23 PM

1. Why are some people saying rangers hit more with bow than hunter/scout? That is 100% BS. The only reason that a ranger would hit more than a scout is because of the Dex self buff they get. Nothing else. All ranged stealthers work with the same dmg formula for bow. It's not like the dev's here gave 3 separate dmg formulas for the 3 different ranged archers. Use some common sense here people and quit trying to use this topic to nerf 1 of 3 ranged stealther classes just because a lot of people play them.

2. Quit talking about live mechanics with bow. People like to pick and choose which aspects to focus on to fit their own narrative. They say, "Well dmg on live was blah, blah, on bow and you could only use your crit here...." Yah, but they also forget that on Live you had jacked up charges, stats through the roof, you had a totally different RA system, you had ToA abilities and RR5's. It's not like everything on live is just like it is here except the dmg of bow. You can't just pick one thing on live that you think proves your point and completely disregard the TONS of other things that were different on live. Yes, bow dmg was different on live, but you also had a lot more toys to kite with and use more bow shots before having to enter mele and you had more toys to work with as well.

3. All classes and players add here. Saying that a archer adding is unfair and needs damage nerfed because they can add from afar is just flat out dumb. Casters can add from a distance, should we nerf their damage? Now I will admit that the old rules of crit shots were that the person could not be moving at high speed (more than sprinting speed) and they could not be in combat. That should be the way it is here. I shouldn't be able to get a crit shot off on a person already in combat. Other than that I think dmg on bow is fine.

1. exactly because of the buff and because of 5.5 bow. so this is not BS

2. "hi im a nostalgia guy and i hate everything that is connected to live daoc even though it makes sense, im just too lazy to figure that out"

3. not everybody adds here, thats just the silly excuse for ppl like you who are not able/willing to play fair. casters do not have stealth and can add out of nowhere and they do not deal that much dmg. bow dmg is not fine 500 on 2300 range is just tooo much.

hello ranger player
Wed 19 Aug 2020 5:43 PM by Stoertebecker
inoeth wrote:
Wed 19 Aug 2020 2:45 PM
well that sounds about right tbh delve for standard shot is 159.. if that results in 270 then
also there is power shot with 270 delve and the 1/4 reduction but can be performed outside of stealth

so you are able to do a crit shot then a normal and then a point blank with roughly 1200 dmg till the enemy reaches you if 1on1 thats alot!

so that is actually how daoc archers were designed: attack at range, finish in melee -> very good for solo

Ehm, theory crafting is fine until the reality kicks in. Point Blank isn`t doing such high damage, and high falcons eye for more crits leads to nothing just wasted points.
My casters are around 2500-2600 hp + bt + brittle guard, ranger at 4200 + IP, tanks 4500+ IP etcetc.
Thats the reason for stealth groups on life, i don`t wanna see something similar on Phoenix just because 10 ppl are complaining in the forum.
Wed 19 Aug 2020 5:49 PM by inoeth
Stoertebecker wrote:
Wed 19 Aug 2020 5:43 PM
inoeth wrote:

Ehm, theory crafting is fine until the reality kicks in. Point Blank isn`t doing such high damage, and high falcons eye for more crits leads to nothing just wasted points.
My casters are around 2500-2600 hp + bt + brittle guard, ranger at 4200 + IP, tanks 4500+ IP etcetc.
Thats the reason for stealth groups on life, i don`t wanna see something similar on Phoenix just because 10 ppl are complaining in the forum.

obviously im not talking about live
idc about your live caster tbh
also everyone runs 10% melee resi buff there and has 700+af

ppl here have 1600-2500 hp and for that my assumed dmges should be okish
Wed 19 Aug 2020 5:56 PM by dogghaus72
inoeth wrote:
Wed 19 Aug 2020 3:31 PM
dogghaus72 wrote:

1. exactly because of the buff and because of 5.5 bow. so this is not BS

2. "hi im a nostalgia guy and i hate everything that is connected to live daoc even though it makes sense, im just too lazy to figure that out"

3. not everybody adds here, thats just the silly excuse for ppl like you who are not able/willing to play fair. casters do not have stealth and can add out of nowhere and they do not deal that much dmg. bow dmg is not fine 500 on 2300 range is just tooo much.

hello ranger player

Says the RR9 HUNTER!!! You, as a hunter, also have the same dex/qui buff and access to a 5.5 spd bow, so why don't you hit as hard? Answer: You do. Like I said, Ranger/Hunter/Scout ALL have access to the same damage formula for bow. Now if you want to go back to the old school days of DAoC with hunters having the fastest of the slow bows, rangers having second, and scouts having access to the slowest bow, I'm fine w/ that. If memory serves correctly it was 5.1 for Mid, 5.3 for Hib, and 5.5 for Alb. That was not what was being discussed though. You and others out there are trying to say that rangers hit harder w/ bow than hunters and scouts because of the formulas, which is just not true.

Nostalgia guy?! What are you talking about? I'm simply pointing out that you can't simply compare dmg on Live to dmg here since there is a multitude of different factors on Live that are not here. How does that make me a "nostaligia" guy? You can't compare the dmg of the two places and completely ignore that not only does the archery system on live NOTHING like what we have here, but the tons of other factors that make bow dmg not as important there that don't exist here. For example, Forceful Zephyr, Speed shout + phase shift, the RR5's of each ranged class, or the plethora of factors in doing templates and stats. How in any way does that make me a "nostalgia" guy?

I played on Live during the SI/ToA days, I played on Uthgard and made RR10 as a SOLO player, I went back to live and was there for 2 years and was 11L7 as a SOLO ranger, and have played here as a SOLO player. So please, shut your mouth and think before you open it up and spew more complete garbage. I play solo 90% of the time. I actually find the red is dead mentality here kind of refreshing. The last time I played it was back in 2005 when I first started the game. I prefer solo, but I accept the fact that 90% of the community here kills everything in sight. I've been here for 5 months and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that most here play red is dead. Fair? That's funny. Is this your first time playing DAoC?

Good bye Hunter player!
Wed 19 Aug 2020 6:13 PM by Noashakra
No the hunter has access to 5.0 only so they crit shot for less.
But the normal shots are the same. The ranger has access to the add dmg on top of the high dex, but the amount of points of spec is crazy.
Really a crit shot at 800 from a class that can perma kite you is way worse than a 900 from a ranger.

I don't know what's the obession with the ranger.

I had a ranger 10L7 on live and you could kill people with the bow because of one thing. Endurance. People had to run to you and were ooe quite fast while you fired at them.
So in melee, you were almost full endurance.

Here it's impossible the ranger has no tool for that. The hunter can do it with his pet, the scout with his root.
Wed 19 Aug 2020 6:17 PM by dogghaus72
Noashakra wrote:
Wed 19 Aug 2020 6:13 PM
But the normal shots are the same. The ranger has access to the add dmg on top of the high dex, but the amount of points of spec is crazy.
Really a crit shot at 800 from a class that can perma kite you is way worse than a 900 from a ranger.

Hunter only has access to 5.0 here? Why? Again, I have only been here for 5 months so I'm not privy to all the in's and out's of each realm. If they wish to do the whole classic thing with hunter having fastest "slow" bow, than hib, than alb than that is fine, but they can't do Hib/Alb at 5.5 and Mid at 5.0. That just seems dumb.

I agree with your post btw, but I know others will also say dmg add or other such things, but where rangers get dmg add and duel wield, hunters get pets and scouts get slam/snare. Each class on every server and different settings has it's advantages and disadvantages. Not all classes are created equal. As a person who has always played a ranger as his main, the two times I made a hunter (Uthgard pre-reset & Live post archery change) I would say that hunter is at the very least = to ranger and in many cases a stronger character. I have not made one here yet.
Wed 19 Aug 2020 6:20 PM by Noashakra
The hunter, before TOA at least, always had a faster bow and was designed to be the worst at range from the 3, but the one with more utility.
Wed 19 Aug 2020 6:28 PM by inoeth
really hard to have a decent conversation with ppl who dont have a clue

its more like theory crafting with things that dont apply lul
Wed 19 Aug 2020 8:22 PM by Stoertebecker
inoeth wrote:
Wed 19 Aug 2020 5:49 PM
Stoertebecker wrote:
Wed 19 Aug 2020 5:43 PM
inoeth wrote:

obviously im not talking about live
idc about your live caster tbh
also everyone runs 10% melee resi buff there and has 700+af

ppl here have 1600-2500 hp and for that my assumed dmges should be okish

Not if you reduce the damage by 50%, if you wanna force stealth groups even more, go on.

THat example should just show you why stealthers on live were going to group, not more, not less.
Wed 19 Aug 2020 10:19 PM by Freedomcall
Stoertebecker wrote:
Wed 19 Aug 2020 8:22 PM
Not if you reduce the damage by 50%, if you wanna force stealth groups even more, go on.

THat example should just show you why stealthers on live were going to group, not more, not less.

I'm not aware of the status of current live, but STOP trying to threaten people with "lowering archery damage will force archers to group" lies.

Stoertebecker wrote:

Comment above is the perfect example of why archers grouped before archery buff, not because archery damage sucked.
Don't spread lies as if archers wanted to solo but was forced to group!
People who used to stealth zerg still stealth zergs even after archery buff.
People who solo used to solo even before the update no matter what.
It is just their playstyle and no one was forced, and will be forced.

If they feel the class really sucks, they don't group.
They play different class.
Wed 19 Aug 2020 11:11 PM by Lokkjim
dogghaus72 wrote:

I'm not against rangers in particular, I think the assist damage (400-500) from all archers at a range of 2000+ is too much though. If a hunter can't make this mark then just do something with scouts and rangers, hunters have the lowest range and quickest bow anyways.

1. Hib probably has the easiest damage type to utilize of the 3 realms. Just use slash arrows and everything is neutral or vulnerable, save Midgard chain. Not necessarily a game-changer as all archers have access to different arrow types, but something to consider. As stated before, hunters only get a 5.0 bow.

2. The suggestion I support is to make archery work like caster bolts. Archers can keep the range but have an increased chance to miss if the target is in combat and could be increased with multiple attackers. This keeps the damage for solo archers while mitigating the damage from archers in a group and adds.

3. Casters can only add from a max of 1875 range with a bolt that can miss if the target is in combat or even be blocked. Caster DDs are 1500 range compared to an archer range of 2000+. I think solo archer damage is fine, group/add archer damage is ridiculous.
Thu 20 Aug 2020 12:09 AM by daytonchambers
dogghaus72 wrote:
Wed 19 Aug 2020 6:17 PM
Noashakra wrote:
Wed 19 Aug 2020 6:13 PM

Hunter only has access to 5.0 here? Why? Again, I have only been here for 5 months so I'm not privy to all the in's and out's of each realm. If they wish to do the whole classic thing with hunter having fastest "slow" bow, than hib, than alb than that is fine, but they can't do Hib/Alb at 5.5 and Mid at 5.0. That just seems dumb.

I agree with your post btw, but I know others will also say dmg add or other such things, but where rangers get dmg add and duel wield, hunters get pets and scouts get slam/snare. Each class on every server and different settings has it's advantages and disadvantages. Not all classes are created equal. As a person who has always played a ranger as his main, the two times I made a hunter (Uthgard pre-reset & Live post archery change) I would say that hunter is at the very least = to ranger and in many cases a stronger character. I have not made one here yet.

A ranger's red dex/qui buff is at 48 pathfinding, compared to the hunter's at 50 beastcraft and the scout getting none at all.

A ranger can go 50bow, 48PF and 34stealth giving them composite 50 by realm rank 6. Add to that the damage add, the slowest bow speed available (5.5) and the slightly higher starting dex as a keen and you have a recipe for the best potential shooter in the game, and as I said this can be achieved by rr6 which does not take too long to reach. The icing on the cake is that on top of all other advantages Hibernia has been sitting on most of the relics lately which further widens the gap between shooters making the Ranger a no-brainer if you want to be the best sneaky shoot shoot run class in the game. So it's not just one thing, it's a slight edge across several things that when combined create the feeling of OPness from the class.

Compare that scenario to a Hunter. For a a hunter to go all in as a sniper they would have to be 50/50/31 and wouldn't be able to get composite 50 stealth until realm rank 9. Their slowest available bow is only a 5.0 speed, and no damage add in beastcraft so there's little incentive to do this as the cost/benefit balance just isn't there for a pure shooter. Hybrid or melee is a MUCH better use of points for the class.
Thu 20 Aug 2020 8:19 AM by Stoertebecker
Freedomcall wrote:
Wed 19 Aug 2020 10:19 PM
Stoertebecker wrote:
Wed 19 Aug 2020 8:22 PM

I'm not aware of the status of current live, but STOP trying to threaten people with "lowering archery damage will force archers to group" lies.

Stoertebecker wrote:

Comment above is the perfect example of why archers grouped before archery buff, not because archery damage sucked.
Don't spread lies as if archers wanted to solo but was forced to group!
People who used to stealth zerg still stealth zergs even after archery buff.
People who solo used to solo even before the update no matter what.
It is just their playstyle and no one was forced, and will be forced.
The discussion within the discussion was around live archery system ported to Phoenix. And that the *low* bow damage is _one_of the reasons why archers group _on live_.
It isn`t the only reason and it isn`t just a lie, so calm down.
Another reason may be *The other 2 realms stealth zerg all the time, so we have to stealth zerg to compete*. Etcetc,

Last but not least, the fun-factor.
In my case it was simply fun sneaking around with 7 mates, twice a week for 2-3 hours.
Even if we jumped a fg visibles and failed miserably.
And thats why we all play, having fun, or?

If they feel the class really sucks, they don't group.
They play different class.

If a class really sucks or got nerfed could also lead to stop playing at all.
Thu 20 Aug 2020 10:22 AM by Lokkjim
Stoertebecker wrote:
Thu 20 Aug 2020 8:19 AM
The discussion within the discussion was around live archery system ported to Phoenix. And that the *low* bow damage is _one_of the reasons why archers group _on live_.
Another reason may be *The other 2 realms stealth zerg all the time, so we have to stealth zerg to compete*. Etcetc,

In my case it was simply fun sneaking around with 7 mates, twice a week for 2-3 hours.

It's cool if you find it fun to stealth zerg. However, there is no reason for archers to do 400-500 damage at 2000+ range in a stealth group. Even casters have to debuff to get close to that damage and they have a much shorter range.
Thu 20 Aug 2020 11:37 AM by Dakkhon
Bottom line folks is buffs and access to them. You cant complain about numbers of archers working together because the archers and for that matter all stealthers can complain about groups working together. There is no defined roll in rvr that is permanent. There are no rules about play style so just stop right there. Sure if you want to play by your own made up rules about ganking or adding but those are not universal rules. They are suggestions or simply your way of playing.

Now as far as Rangers being op again its buffs and the fact they can melee and do ranged attacks effectively. The only solution imo is to either put the buff on the items back to 75 or put a npc buff bot somewhere in in the main keeps. If your bitching about how hard Rangers hit etc and you are in a group then you need to get a better buffer in your group or try something else. As far as stealthers complaining about Rangers.....this was an issue on live and got worse when they gave them PD. But we are not on live....so HERE Rangers will always be OP unless they change something. Until then its no use complaining. I myself play a scout so if you played one you know all we have is range and we cannot compete in the stealth game solo unless we take shots when ever we can. Thats the game. Hunters have self buffs and they are op as well imo and have a 2H weapon if they choose with a pet.

We can go on and on. At the end of the day not a lot they can do unless the do the things I suggested or maybe even take access away from Hunters and Rangers from 5.5 bows. Make it 4.7 or something. Thats something I guess or give scouts self buffs. The rest of the folks complaining about adds and grouping of stealthers just remember the next time your group or when you see another group just steam roll a stealther or even a small stealther group....they are learning from you and or are doing what they need to do to get the kills plain and simple. Thats RVR...thats war.

Just my 2 cents. At the end of the day go Albion and I'll stay on my stealther and add,shoot and try to kill anything thats red in RVR. All of us stealthers know deep down every enemy killed saves a life in RVR lol. Have fun out there folks and Devs.......bump that damage up again. That was fun That by itself could cut down the grouping of stealthers......and force groups to be more mindful. Just another though lol.
Thu 20 Aug 2020 11:48 AM by Valaraukar
Dakkhon wrote:
Thu 20 Aug 2020 11:37 AM
Bottom line folks is buffs and access to them. You cant complain about numbers of archers working together because the archers and for that matter all stealthers can complain about groups working together. There is no defined roll in rvr that is permanent. There are no rules about play style so just stop right there. Sure if you want to play by your own made up rules about ganking or adding but those are not universal rules. They are suggestions or simply your way of playing.

Now as far as Rangers being op again its buffs and the fact they can melee and do ranged attacks effectively. The only solution imo is to either put the buff on the items back to 75 or put a npc buff bot somewhere in in the main keeps. If your bitching about how hard Rangers hit etc and you are in a group then you need to get a better buffer in your group or try something else. As far as stealthers complaining about Rangers.....this was an issue on live and got worse when they gave them PD. But we are not on live....so HERE Rangers will always be OP unless they change something. Until then its no use complaining. I myself play a scout so if you played one you know all we have is range and we cannot compete in the stealth game solo unless we take shots when ever we can. Thats the game. Hunters have self buffs and they are op as well imo and have a 2H weapon if they choose with a pet.

We can go on and on. At the end of the day not a lot they can do unless the do the things I suggested or maybe even take access away from Hunters and Rangers from 5.5 bows. Make it 4.7 or something. Thats something I guess or give scouts self buffs. The rest of the folks complaining about adds and grouping of stealthers just remember the next time your group or when you see another group just steam roll a stealther or even a small stealther group....they are learning from you and or are doing what they need to do to get the kills plain and simple. Thats RVR...thats war.

Just my 2 cents. At the end of the day go Albion and I'll stay on my stealther and add,shoot and try to kill anything thats red in RVR. All of us stealthers know deep down every enemy killed saves a life in RVR lol. Have fun out there folks and Devs.......bump that damage up again. That was fun That by itself could cut down the grouping of stealthers......and force groups to be more mindful. Just another though lol.

Agreed at 99%, the only one wrong thing is.... Hunters do not have 5.5 bows The slowest is 5.0 on Mid
Thu 20 Aug 2020 12:00 PM by inoeth
scouts do nearly the same dmg without spec buffs..... the problem is that the dmg is just too high, but for rangers everything is to their advantage.
grping is not the problem, its the dmg which is too high, especially when assisting

playing ranger in a grp is a no brainer

solution: reduce dmg or/and implement new archery
Thu 20 Aug 2020 12:12 PM by Stoertebecker
Lokkjim wrote:
Thu 20 Aug 2020 10:22 AM
Stoertebecker wrote:

It's cool if you find it fun to stealth zerg. However, there is no reason for archers to do 400-500 damage at 2000+ range in a stealth group. Even casters have to debuff to get close to that damage and they have a much shorter range.

Did not play my huntress for 6-8 month now. But as far as i remember the only shot that hits for 5xx +damage was critshot, and that is hardly spamable if you run solo, but it gets worse if you play in a group of archers.

I don`t have a solution that would fit for all, and is not on me to find one.
What i know is that archer players are part of Phoenix and do their part to keep the playerbase stable.
Nerfing this class and hope that they adapt or switch to an other class is a bit short sighted.
Thu 20 Aug 2020 12:21 PM by inoeth
Stoertebecker wrote:
Thu 20 Aug 2020 12:12 PM
Lokkjim wrote:
Stoertebecker wrote:

Did not play my huntress for 6-8 month now. But as far as i remember the only shot that hits for 5xx +damage was critshot, and that is hardly spamable if you run solo, but it gets worse if you play in a group of archers.

What i know is that archer players are part of Phoenix and do their part to keep the playerbase stable.
Nerfing this class and hope that they adapt or switch to an other class is a bit short sighted.

nobody said anything about a nerf that would make archers unplayable! but as you said 5xx dmg should be the crit shot and not normal shots!
Thu 20 Aug 2020 12:29 PM by Lokkjim
Stoertebecker wrote:

I keep forgetting about hunters and their 5.0 bow. A hunter's normal damage is acceptable. Scouts and Rangers can hit for over 400 on a normal shot. I've seen rangers hit for 500 on a normal shot. I don't know if a nerf is in order, but I don't think any class should be able to assist and put out 400-500 on a normal attack at 2000+ range. Access to that damage in a group is practically suggesting that you should be in a group. Archers already get escape tools and stealth, giving them that damage in a group practically erases any risk to the player. And yes, groups reduce risk, I can accept that. They shouldn't eliminate it or reduce it close to zero though.
Thu 20 Aug 2020 12:51 PM by Lev
well the damage would not be a problem if the other classic restrictions to archers would apply.

right now we have
- no camo / see hidden / truesight -> archers can hide really good here
- critshot was changed, can't do multiple, but all other restrictions removed -> every first attack will be a critshot here
- selfbuffs have the later, higher values -> rangers and hunters can selfbuff for 123 dex here
- after months and months of moaning about archer dmg on forums, the bow dmg was 'adjusted'. to the point where fully group buffed chars with spec AF buffs get hit for 700+ on a normal critshot. I think, ranger and scouts, even hunters to some extend, were doing completely fine even before it, it was just more balanced specs back then.
- on top of and IMO without any reason, archers can ignore bladetun, even the selfcasted. bladeturn, a spell which was introduced exactly as a counter to critshot.

I know, that archer need to spec to reach these number and lose a lot doing that. I also know, that a lot of RvR revolves around towers and keeps, the best kind of enviroment for these specs. In way they have to do good damage from range but still...
IMO at least remove the penetrating shots - or keep them and implement some other adjustments.
Thu 20 Aug 2020 2:11 PM by Stoertebecker
inoeth wrote:
Thu 20 Aug 2020 12:21 PM
Stoertebecker wrote:
Lokkjim wrote:
Stoertebecker wrote:

nobody said anything about a nerf that would make archers unplayable! but as you said 5xx dmg should be the crit shot and not normal shots!

I missed the *improvements* and the roleback during my lil break, and it seems my huntress isn`t going to see the daylight anytime soon.
Thu 20 Aug 2020 2:15 PM by Noashakra
Explain to me how you reach 123 dex with the buff?
Crit shot should have an immunity I agree. If you are in fight or if you were crit shot recently.
The Pierce blade turn was needed. It was impossible to kill a mage before that with range. So no problem here. Archers and asn are mages hunters. And it should stay like this.
Thu 20 Aug 2020 2:48 PM by inoeth
Noashakra wrote:
Thu 20 Aug 2020 2:15 PM
Explain to me how you reach 123 dex with the buff?
Crit shot should have an immunity I agree. If you are in fight or if you were crit shot recently.
The Pierce blade turn was needed. It was impossible to kill a mage before that with range. So no problem here. Archers and asn are mages hunters. And it should stay like this.

normal shot to pop bt then crit shot... easy works all the time. i never had problems killing casters. now you dont see alot of casters anymore because they are nearly dead from the start
Thu 20 Aug 2020 3:28 PM by Noashakra
Simple. If you miss the 1st because of the bubble, any mage will face you and QC you. Crit shot is super long so the mage has plenty of time to rupt you and you are dead. Let's not speak about pets/moc/instants (95% of solo mages have a pet that will aggro you as soon as you hit).

Easy for you your pet can rupt when you stay far from the target...
Thu 20 Aug 2020 4:06 PM by Maca
Why is that a ranger can hit me for a 1065 and i can only pa one for around 300+ if that on my inf. Keep in mind i am fully temp and you would like to see the screen shot i will be happy to show you. This has been going on for to long plz balance it out.
Thu 20 Aug 2020 4:37 PM by guyeesha
Maca wrote: Why is that a ranger can hit me for a 1065 and i can only pa one for around 300+ if that on my inf. Keep in mind i am fully temp and you would like to see the screen shot i will be happy to show you. This has been going on for to long plz balance it out.

300+ and add all the debuffs - Con debuff takes off 500hp from my dwarf hunter.

Dakkhon wrote: Hunters have self buffs and they are op as well imo and have a 2H weapon if they choose with a pet.

Spear is a joke, evade, blocked, parried all the time. Try hitting a scout with spear. Snare Dog and hunter should never hit you. Then just stack bleeds.
With a 4.5sec spear I will swing three times before my dog hits you again and that is with dex/quick debuffs on me.

The only stealth class I can beat regularly is sniper ranger (if alone)
Hybrid Scouts are a longer competitive fun fight
Sniper Scout not alone
Melee/Hybrid Ranger destroys me
Assassins destroy me
Thu 20 Aug 2020 5:29 PM by inoeth
guyeesha wrote:
Thu 20 Aug 2020 4:37 PM
Maca wrote: Why is that a ranger can hit me for a 1065 and i can only pa one for around 300+ if that on my inf. Keep in mind i am fully temp and you would like to see the screen shot i will be happy to show you. This has been going on for to long plz balance it out.

300+ and add all the debuffs - Con debuff takes off 500hp from my dwarf hunter.

Dakkhon wrote: Hunters have self buffs and they are op as well imo and have a 2H weapon if they choose with a pet.

Spear is a joke, evade, blocked, parried all the time. Try hitting a scout with spear. Snare Dog and hunter should never hit you. Then just stack bleeds.
With a 4.5sec spear I will swing three times before my dog hits you again and that is with dex/quick debuffs on me.

The only stealth class I can beat regularly is sniper ranger (if alone)
Hybrid Scouts are a longer competitive fun fight
Sniper Scout not alone
Melee/Hybrid Ranger destroys me
Assassins destroy me

l2p?
im doing very well with my hunter
Thu 20 Aug 2020 5:30 PM by inoeth
Noashakra wrote:
Thu 20 Aug 2020 3:28 PM
Simple. If you miss the 1st because of the bubble, any mage will face you and QC you. Crit shot is super long so the mage has plenty of time to rupt you and you are dead. Let's not speak about pets/moc/instants (95% of solo mages have a pet that will aggro you as soon as you hit).

no most of them do not even notice that their bubble is gone
Thu 20 Aug 2020 5:53 PM by Noashakra
inoeth wrote:
Thu 20 Aug 2020 5:30 PM
Noashakra wrote:
Thu 20 Aug 2020 3:28 PM

no most of them do not even notice that their bubble is gone

But the pet doesn't care
Thu 20 Aug 2020 6:17 PM by Svekt
I see too many comparisons to FG of visi. You simply cannot put them in the same category. A FG of stealther a has an option to engage or not engage their targets in most cases unless popped out of stealth. A full group of visi can literally be running through where you are setup and not be aware you are there. In the visible play style you can in most cases see your enemy coming and prepare. When archers/assassins team up it can be very very deadly and I think when you measure the damage in combination with the ability to pop one at a time from stealth as needed there really is very little counter play. The issue is that people here abuse easy RPs until it’s nerfed. I understand players want to have fun and play with their friends but when it’s this easy it means it’s broke. Archery needs to be looked at carefully again and re done. I’m a big fan of fixing crit shot on engaged targets and finding a way to nerf damage when they are grouped purely on the grounds of counterplay. You simply have very few options when they start popping from stealth one at a time until what started as a 3v3 becomes a 3v8 that you never would have engaged had you known. You can consider almost always now that if you see one stealther that it is bait. Honestly if I even feel like a stealther is nearby these days I just move on because they almost all work in teams.
Thu 20 Aug 2020 6:27 PM by Dakkhon
If your FG is dying to a fg of stealthers.....I have no idea what to tell you. That comparison is just as silly. A fully buffed visi group should fear nothing from a pot buffed stealther group. They will never win. Now if you are in a fight with another visis group and a stealther or group of them hit you...well thats just RVR.
Thu 20 Aug 2020 6:30 PM by Noashakra
What are my options when a speed 5 group arrive to add my 1vs1? it's the same as stealth they pop at clipping ranger and you know you are dead.
I have vanish on my NS but it's once every 15mn. And on my ranger?
Thu 20 Aug 2020 6:35 PM by imweasel
Svekt wrote:
Thu 20 Aug 2020 6:17 PM
I see too many comparisons to FG of visi. You simply cannot put them in the same category. A FG of stealther a has an option to engage or not engage their targets in most cases unless popped out of stealth. A full group of visi can literally be running through where you are setup and not be aware you are there. In the visible play style you can in most cases see your enemy coming and prepare. When archers/assassins team up it can be very very deadly and I think when you measure the damage in combination with the ability to pop one at a time from stealth as needed there really is very little counter play. The issue is that people here abuse easy RPs until it’s nerfed. I understand players want to have fun and play with their friends but when it’s this easy it means it’s broke. Archery needs to be looked at carefully again and re done. I’m a big fan of fixing crit shot on engaged targets and finding a way to nerf damage when they are grouped purely on the grounds of counterplay. You simply have very few options when they start popping from stealth one at a time until what started as a 3v3 becomes a 3v8 that you never would have engaged had you known. You can consider almost always now that if you see one stealther that it is bait. Honestly if I even feel like a stealther is nearby these days I just move on because they almost all work in teams.

This post is sad.
Thu 20 Aug 2020 7:33 PM by Freedomcall
Dakkhon wrote:
Thu 20 Aug 2020 6:27 PM
If your FG is dying to a fg of stealthers.....I have no idea what to tell you. That comparison is just as silly. A fully buffed visi group should fear nothing from a pot buffed stealther group. They will never win. Now if you are in a fight with another visis group and a stealther or group of them hit you...well thats just RVR.

Did anyone ever said his visi FG is dying to a fg of stealthers?
No one said that. What did you read?
Svekt even wrote "a fight started as a 3v3 becomes a 3v8", obviously referring to a smallman being eaten by a fg stealther.

And I love your last sentence.
Archers love to say "adding is part of rvr".
Yes, I agree with that.
And then, I wonder why archers don't calculate proper archery damage from "the part of rvr" but ask for the crazy damage only proper for duel zone.

I love these double standards posts.
Thu 20 Aug 2020 7:39 PM by Cipon
Freedomcall wrote:
Thu 20 Aug 2020 7:33 PM
Dakkhon wrote:

Svekt even wrote "a fight started as a 3v3 becomes a 3v8", obviously referring to a smallman being eaten by a fg stealther.

Yes, I agree with that.
And then, I wonder why archers don't calculate proper archery damage from "the part of rvr" and ask for the crazy damage only proper for duel zone.

archery damage is not the problem if u lose a 3v8, it's not anymore about the original post.
Thu 20 Aug 2020 8:01 PM by Freedomcall
Cipon wrote:
Thu 20 Aug 2020 7:39 PM
Freedomcall wrote:
Dakkhon wrote:

Yes, I agree with that.
And then, I wonder why archers don't calculate proper archery damage from "the part of rvr" and ask for the crazy damage only proper for duel zone.

archery damage is not the problem if u lose a 3v8, it's not anymore about the original post.

Of course that part is not related to the original post, cuz Dakkhon's comment was not about the original post from the start.
That part was just to say "no one said FG is dying to a fg of stealthers." to Dakkhon.

And I added next part cuz I found the hypocritical quotation archers enjoy to use, which is finally related to the original post.
Thu 20 Aug 2020 8:29 PM by Cipon
Freedomcall wrote:
Thu 20 Aug 2020 8:01 PM
Cipon wrote:
Freedomcall wrote:
Dakkhon wrote:

Yes, I agree with that.

Of course that part is not related to the original post, cuz Dakkhon's comment was not about the original post from the start.
That part was just to say "no one said FG is dying to a fg of stealthers." to Dakkhon.

And I added next part cuz I found the hypocritical quotation archers enjoy to use, which is finally related to the original post.

Yeah only archers add fights, it's common knowledge.
Thu 20 Aug 2020 8:39 PM by Freedomcall
Cipon wrote:
Thu 20 Aug 2020 8:29 PM
Freedomcall wrote:
Thu 20 Aug 2020 8:01 PM
Cipon wrote:
Freedomcall wrote:
Dakkhon wrote:

Yes, I agree with that.

Yeah only archers add fights, it's common knowledge.

No, not only archers add fights, but only archers got their huge damage buffs which is harming the balance of the game.
No one asked for archery damage decrease before update. Don't you understand?
hahahaha It seems like you are rather not talking about the original post lol
Fri 21 Aug 2020 12:22 AM by Svekt
Dakkhon wrote:
Nobody said anything about a FG of visibile dying to a FG of Stealthers, learn to read.

imweasel wrote:
Thu 20 Aug 2020 6:35 PM
Svekt wrote:
Thu 20 Aug 2020 6:17 PM

This post is sad.

How so? It's constructive feedback? I specified the problem, and provided a possible solution...

All jabs to the side - I'm not here to get into a pissing contest with trolls that can't read nor wan't to be part of a solution.

What is clear is:
less people defend keeps due to the amount of volley that takes place
more people play stealthers now because its essentially hitting like a debuffed nuke with the advantage of popping from stealth to do so.

What makes matter worse:
now that we gave them the ability to kill solo, they band together in groups to kill.

Quite frankly there needs to be more balance, which is always tricky I know. The percentage of the population that plays stealthers in comparison to the rest of the builds should be smaller. Hib obviously has the larger problem being that rangers get leet self buffs and luri dex.

I play all three realms, and I play archers as well as visibles.... the arching in groups got old hella quick because it was such an obvious advantage it wasn't even enjoyable to do. Maybe if you were only attacking other stealth groups, maybe this would be fun but they all seem to mostly camp different areas and avoid each other.

Bottom line is you guys always had the element of surprise and the added bonus of choosing to engage or not to engage, at least most of the time. Now you have the element of surprise and woah surprise damage. I'm not asking to have you guys rendered useless or obsolete. I'm asking for some partial form of damage mitigation when you all team up instead of solo.... because yes, you should be able to solo some classes but not all of them and no you shouldn't be discouraged from grouping either, but you shouldn't be as powerful when grouped as you all are now, example being able to crit shot someone while one of your group mates in engaged on them already.... there is simply no need for such damage.... there must be some counter play
Fri 21 Aug 2020 1:40 AM by Arla
Stealth is way overpowered on this server. Live DAoC made the same mistake a long time ago and I haven't played it since. I would be willing to piss off the 30% of the population that plays this way to have a better game experience for those that remain. Just my 2 cents.
Fri 21 Aug 2020 2:36 AM by Messerjockel
Well,

I do not group with my ranger.
I am always solo.
I am staying away from hot spots like bridge and docks but close enough to use range attacks
I use the size of my lurri and the environment to my advantage and hide in bushes , trees and so on because it helps with players which did not figure out face yet.
I do initiate attacks against single visible players, actually all the time....except tanks and minstrels, I hate them. takes like 20 seconds to kill a tank and if he uses IP put 15 seconds on top. Double the time if they have shield.
I do initiate attacks against visible stealth classes.
I do add without a second hesitation. Everybody does. Why the crit shot hits a player which is in fight for full damage is a code problem. Fix it.
I do not initiate attacks against stealth classes in stealth ever. If I see them they are close and in melee distance and I run. I die to 100% because I have no melee power(8 in piercing) if they catch me.
I don’t understand people which are talking about fair fights. We are not playing chess here. This is DAOC!
I do chuckle always when assassins complaint. That makes my day. For me DAOC does not need stealth classes even that I play one.
From an archer you can run or get LOS, from an assassin you cannot run but they can vanish if they feel the need.

So, is everybody happy and stops whining like a 5 year old if the damage is reduced of all archer classes by 15% flat?

One item I agree on, volley should be on a longer timer like 20 seconds and reduce the range by 1000 units.

Flup, hib
Fri 21 Aug 2020 2:55 AM by Lokkjim
Messerjockel wrote:
Fri 21 Aug 2020 2:36 AM
Well,

I am always solo.
I am staying away from hot spots like bridge and docks but close enough to use range attacks
I use the size of my lurri and the environment to my advantage and hide in bushes , trees and so on because it helps with players which did not figure out face yet.
I do initiate attacks against single visible players, actually all the time....except tanks and minstrels, I hate them. takes like 20 seconds to kill a tank and if he uses IP put 15 seconds on top. Double the time if they have shield.
I do add without a second hesitation. Everybody does. Why the crit shot hits a player which is in fight for full damage is a code problem. Fix it.
I do not initiate attacks against stealth classes in stealth ever. If I see them they are close and in melee distance and I run. I die to 100% because I have no melee power(8 in piercing) if they catch me.
I don’t understand people which are talking about fair fights. We are not playing chess here. This is DAOC!
I do chuckle always when assassins complaint. That makes my day. For me DAOC does not need stealth classes even that I play one.
From an archer you can run or get LOS, from an assassin you cannot run but they can vanish if they feel the need.

So, is everybody happy and stops whining like a 5 year old if the damage is reduced of all archer classes by 15% flat?

One item I agree on, volley should be on a longer timer like 20 seconds and reduce the range by 1000 units.

Flup, hib

Thanks for talking about the crit shot in combat being a code problem. Still waiting on a GM's input on any of the suggestions in this and other threads.
Fair fights are nice, but I don't care if someone adds on, especially in a task area, the task completion bonus will make up for any rps lost to adds.
No game needs stealth classes, but there are a lot of things a game doesn't need which it has anyways.

I don't think archer damage has to be reduced in a 1v1 situation. But something does need to be done about the normal damage a ranger or scout can do in a group situation.

Volley does need a change, but one thing I would add to that, it shouldn't crit either.
Fri 21 Aug 2020 2:57 AM by ExcretusMaximus
The stealth classes should have had their stealth removed and given something else to compensate before the server launched, now it's too late. The stealther population keeps increasing, and it won't be long now before it reaches critical mass and kills the server.
Fri 21 Aug 2020 3:38 AM by Messerjockel
Lokkjim wrote:
Fri 21 Aug 2020 2:55 AM
Messerjockel wrote:
Well,

I am always solo.

Flup, hib

Thanks for talking about the crit shot in combat being a code problem. Still waiting on a GM's input on any of the suggestions in this and other threads.
Fair fights are nice, but I don't care if someone adds on, especially in a task area, the task completion bonus will make up for any rps lost to adds.
No game needs stealth classes, but there are a lot of things a game doesn't need which it has anyways.

I don't think archer damage has to be reduced in a 1v1 situation. But something does need to be done about the normal damage a ranger or scout can do in a group situation.

Volley does need a change, but one thing I would add to that, it shouldn't crit either.

Well, as said, I am playing solo only and I was the culprit which shot Eik on 8/7 at DC dock for 1050 with my crit shot. That started the long thread in the suggestions sub forum.

Flup, hib
Fri 21 Aug 2020 5:49 AM by Noashakra
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Fri 21 Aug 2020 2:57 AM
The stealth classes should have had their stealth removed and given something else to compensate before the server launched, now it's too late. The stealther population keeps increasing, and it won't be long now before it reaches critical mass and kills the server.

It's pretty stable... Never more than 30/35 in prime time for alb and mid. Except for hib that has 60/65
There are more rangers but they are in the BG, and they don't use steath there.
Fri 21 Aug 2020 6:36 AM by inoeth
Messerjockel wrote:
Well,

I am always solo.

Flup, hib

says he plays "solo", adds everything *facepalm*
has 2k kills 135 considered solo thats around 6% LOL get lost
Fri 21 Aug 2020 7:35 AM by Cipon
inoeth wrote:
Fri 21 Aug 2020 6:36 AM
Messerjockel wrote:
Well,

I am always solo.

Flup, hib

Another helpfull contribution, u look angry most of the time and should maybe stop posting comments like this one ...

I'm pretty much ok with what Flup says, critshot and volley needs to be fixed or even removed if u want to hard nerf the archers.
But any decrease in damages will lead to only one thing : less solo players and even more stealth groups.
Fri 21 Aug 2020 7:51 AM by inoeth
Cipon wrote:
Fri 21 Aug 2020 7:35 AM
inoeth wrote:
Fri 21 Aug 2020 6:36 AM
Messerjockel wrote:
Well,

I am always solo.

Flup, hib

Another helpfull contribution, u look angry most of the time and should maybe stop posting comments like this one ...

I'm pretty much ok with what Flup says, critshot and volley needs to be fixed or even removed if u want to hard nerf the archers.
But any decrease in damages will lead to only one thing : less solo players and even more stealth groups.

that is a myth since the dmg increase did not lead to more solo players but to more stealth grps
thing is ppl want to spec 50 bow and wonder why they suck solo, then they cry in the forums "i cant kill anything solo" and grp up

dude normal shots 500 dmg is much too much and yeah ofc crit shot is overtuned then too....

and ofc im angry when i see ppl like flup who benefit from this flaw and pretend that everything is ok like this when it is not.
im not the only one around here pointing at this issue.

also pretending to be a solo player when just adding.... you know adding is not solo because in fact you at least hit with 2 ppl vs 1 .... see the difference?
Fri 21 Aug 2020 10:12 AM by Messerjockel
Dear Eik,

Read my post again, maybe a third time ok. I laid out all scenarios when I initiate attack and when not.
Also the limitations my ranger has in melee.

So, I tell you something (Again) and I am sorry that it will hurt you.
Docks and Waters around the dock are deathtraps for you. If you expect to do your thing, kill people at those hot spots with high enemy traffic and get away with it at all times than you are clearly mistaken.
I mean, I love it, nice flat area, no way to hide or get LOS. Sure you are easy prey for me.
That is nice environment for any archer class the second you are visible.
You will die quite often and get angry if you don’t change your tactics and locations for kills.
A reduction of bow damage is not going to change that outcome.

Edited: what do you think is adequate damage for an archer for crit and standard shot in your opinion Eik?

Flup, hib
Fri 21 Aug 2020 10:18 AM by Forlornhope
Messerjockel wrote:
Well,

I am always solo.

Flup, hib

I am pretty sure that on server launch crit shot was acting normally where it could not land when the target was in combat. I think it was a conscious change to make it to where you can crit shot them in combat, but could not be crit more than once in X amount of time. Gotta remember it's a custom server with all types of little changes like that.
Fri 21 Aug 2020 10:23 AM by inoeth
Messerjockel wrote:
Fri 21 Aug 2020 10:12 AM
Dear Eik,

Read my post again, maybe a third time ok. I laid out all scenarios when I initiate attack and when not.

Docks and Waters around the dock are deathtraps for you. If you expect to do your thing, kill people at those hot spots with high enemy traffic and get away with it at all times than you are clearly mistaken.
I mean, I love it, nice flat area, no way to hide or get LOS. Sure you are easy prey for me.
You will die quite often and get angry if you don’t change your tactics and locations for kills.

Edited: what do you think is adequate damage for an archer for crit and standard shot in your opinion Eik?

Flup, hib

dear flup,
l2p,
maybe then you dont have to always run to your beloved guards when i attack you.
docks are normally death traps for all my vicitms
only some silly cowards try to annoy me from time to time with their overtuned bows

horg, mid
Fri 21 Aug 2020 10:31 AM by Messerjockel
Dear Eik,

We are still waiting for your proposals on damage for crit and standard shot.

Come on, let’s us know your opinion.

Flup, hib
Fri 21 Aug 2020 11:02 AM by Freedomcall
Messerjockel wrote:
Fri 21 Aug 2020 10:12 AM
Dear Eik,

Flup, hib

If you really miss your melee, drop stealth and get your melee specs boosted up.
You chose stealth instead of your weapon YOURSELF because you think stealth helps more than your melee, and who are you blaming it for?
It is totally ridiculous you are saying that you gave up everything for max bow damage, when you are still holding 'stealth', the most efficient tool for your defense.

And again, another hypocritical quote from an archer, "A reduction of bow damage is not going to change that outcome."
Well, yeah, then WHY NOT REDUCE BOW DAMAGE IF IT WON'T CHANGE ANYTHING?
Archers used to argue that increasing bow damage will boost them to solo, allow more viability of the class, etc, all those supposedly beautiful reasons that'll change the outcomes.
But now, when people say the damage is too much, you are saying that it won't change anything when things are reverted?
WTH IS THIS LOGIC?
Fri 21 Aug 2020 11:03 AM by Stoertebecker
inoeth wrote:
Fri 21 Aug 2020 7:51 AM
also pretending to be a solo player when just adding.... you know adding is not solo because in fact you at least hit with 2 ppl vs 1 .... see the difference?

Solo means not grouped, thats the definition. Ofc not your and a handful of lone cowboys leet definiton.
Fri 21 Aug 2020 11:05 AM by Lokkjim
Messerjockel wrote:
Fri 21 Aug 2020 10:31 AM
Dear Eik,

Flup, hib

I'm not Eik, but I'd like to share lol.

Normal shot: 350ish
Crit shot: 750ish
Volley: 200ish (with crit), 350ish (without crit)

I think volley should be kinda low because it should be used more as an interrupt instead of a damage dealer, especially with the cooldown as it is now. Lemme know what you all think.

Side note: If solo isn't the leet definition then why are solo kills like that?
Fri 21 Aug 2020 11:12 AM by Freedomcall
Stoertebecker wrote:
Fri 21 Aug 2020 11:03 AM
inoeth wrote:

Solo means not grouped, thats the definition. Ofc not your and a handful of lone cowboys leet definiton.

When a player is camping a place expecting someone around you to help and coordinate, that is not solo anymore.
If 5 'ungrouped' archers defend a keep assisting each other and do /groundassist for volley, is that ever a solo? lmao
Fri 21 Aug 2020 12:19 PM by Messerjockel
Lokkjim wrote:
Fri 21 Aug 2020 11:05 AM
Messerjockel wrote:
Fri 21 Aug 2020 10:31 AM
Dear Eik,

Flup, hib

I'm not Eik, but I'd like to share lol.

Normal shot: 350ish
Crit shot: 750ish
Volley: 200ish (with crit), 350ish (without crit)

I think volley should be kinda low because it should be used more as an interrupt instead of a damage dealer, especially with the cooldown as it is now. Lemme know what you all think.

Side note: If solo isn't the leet definition then why are solo kills like that?

Ok
750 for a crit shot Maximum damage. Let go with that

1) is the 750 maxium damage on cloth, studded, chain or plate?
2) is the 750 Maximum damage including the 10% relic bonus or not?
3)is the 750 maxium damage on a neutral damage arrow?
4) is the 750 maximum damage for a fast bow like Speed 4 or the slowest at 5.5 to 5.7 ?
5) what is the dex you should have to do the 750 damage and how is it affecting the damage if you have more than that baseline dex?

In regards to a comment about assisting GT for Volley I can only speak for myself. I am not assisting GT. I put my GT always in the biggest crowed.

Flup, hib
Fri 21 Aug 2020 12:31 PM by Stoertebecker
Freedomcall wrote:
Fri 21 Aug 2020 11:12 AM
Stoertebecker wrote:
Fri 21 Aug 2020 11:03 AM
inoeth wrote:

When a player is camping a place expecting someone around you to help and coordinate, that is not solo anymore.
If 5 'ungrouped' archers defend a keep assisting each other and do /groundassist for volley, is that ever a solo? lmao

They are from the definition solo. I know what you mean, call it something else maybe solo + friends.

Lokkjim wrote:
Fri 21 Aug 2020 11:05 AM
[Side note: If solo isn't the leet definition then why are solo kills like that?

Just because there is a title for xxx solo kills and it can happen that you fight 1v1 doesn`t mean we`re playing a arena-style game and 1v1 is the only way to play.
Fri 21 Aug 2020 2:02 PM by Lokkjim
Messerjockel wrote:
Fri 21 Aug 2020 12:19 PM
Ok
750 for a crit shot Maximum damage. Let go with that

1) is the 750 maxium damage on cloth, studded, chain or plate?
2) is the 750 Maximum damage including the 10% relic bonus or not?
3)is the 750 maxium damage on a neutral damage arrow?
4) is the 750 maximum damage for a fast bow like Speed 4 or the slowest at 5.5 to 5.7 ?
5) what is the dex you should have to do the 750 damage and how is it affecting the damage if you have more than that baseline dex?

In regards to a comment about assisting GT for Volley I can only speak for myself. I am not assisting GT. I put my GT always in the biggest crowed.

Flup, hib

1) I think 750ish would be the max damage on cloth.
2) No relic bonus.
3) All cloth is neutral so yes? If you mean could you get more than 750 with a vulnerable damage type, I'd still put 750ish at the max damage.
4) Max damage for a 5.5 bow which is what I believe most scouts and rangers use.
5) This question is probably out of my realm of experience as I've never played an archer.

For volley, I didn't mean it should only be assist, I just meant it should be utilized as an interrupt for enemy gtaoe casters and not have so much damage.
Sat 22 Aug 2020 12:38 AM by daytonchambers
Forlornhope wrote:
Fri 21 Aug 2020 10:18 AM
I am pretty sure that on server launch crit shot was acting normally where it could not land when the target was in combat. I think it was a conscious change to make it to where you can crit shot them in combat, but could not be crit more than once in X amount of time. Gotta remember it's a custom server with all types of little changes like that.

Yes the 15s immunity is a custom change. Back in the live Nilla-SI days the restrictions on crit shot were tighter but you could indeed double-critshot someone with back to back shots.
Sat 22 Aug 2020 1:07 AM by goten9033
I can remember back in old frontiers on live hitting casters for around 1k on a ranger with crit shot . Scouts a little harder then ranger. And on live you could crit shot the same target, so to me the damage does not seem that out of hand .
Sat 22 Aug 2020 1:15 AM by Lokkjim
goten9033 wrote:
Sat 22 Aug 2020 1:07 AM
I can remember back in old frontiers on live hitting casters for around 1k on a ranger with crit shot . Scouts a little harder then ranger. And on live you could crit shot the same target, so to me the damage does not seem that out of hand .

I can remember PA being pretty high as well and that got nerfed.
Sat 22 Aug 2020 11:03 AM by Messerjockel
Well,
Yesterday night i fought some alb at dc dock, I believe theboogeyman or similar and crit was around 500 and standard shot around 240.
the lifebar did not really move, also he blocked twice on 5 shots. If theboogeyman reads this, how many hit points do you have that I can calculate the minutes how long it takes me to kill you if you don’t use IP, legion and potion and don’t engage me when you move in melee distance.
I actually though that they already introduced a archer nerf without telling anybody :-).

This morning, crim dropoff 6.50am EST, shot at an abomination, crit for 295, Standard shots for 147, 182, 182.
I was fully buffed with slowest bow.
As much as people like to look at the high damage, the low damage must be addressed as well and doubled.

Flup, hib.
Sat 22 Aug 2020 11:30 AM by Freedomcall
Messerjockel wrote:
Sat 22 Aug 2020 11:03 AM
Well,
Yesterday night i fought some alb at dc dock, I believe theboogeyman or similar and crit was around 500 and standard shot around 240.
the lifebar did not really move, also he blocked twice on 5 shots. If theboogeyman reads this, how many hit points do you have that I can calculate the minutes how long it takes me to kill you if you don’t use IP, legion and potion and don’t engage me when you move in melee distance.
I actually though that they already introduced a archer nerf without telling anybody :-).

This morning, crim dropoff 6.50am EST, shot at an abomination, crit for 295, Standard shots for 147, 182, 182.
As much as people like to look at the high damage, the low damage must be addressed as well and doubled.

Flup, hib.

Screenshot? I searched herald of Theboogeyman and he seems to be a solo reaver and there is no way bow50/PF48 ranger can only hit him with that.

This is the raw screenshot of how much rangers dealt to my full temp+cleric buffed reaver yesterday.
You can see rangers of different specs do far more damage than what you said.
And if you focus on the damage from "Tah", you can see his first damage is 377(-119) but second damage is 227(-119).
I'm sure you will recognize what that means.
Sat 22 Aug 2020 12:00 PM by Messerjockel
I did not take a screenshot from theboggeyman fight yesterday but it was odd enough to stay on my mind.
I have a screenshot from this morning from the abomination at 6.50 EST.
Can anybody explain me how to upload the screenshot, I am not familiar how it works on this forum.

Flup, hib.
Sat 22 Aug 2020 1:09 PM by Siouxsie
Messerjockel wrote:
Well,

Flup, hib.

Necro pets have an unbelievably high absorb rate or AF. It's quite ridiculous and imbalanced. The problem is you can also stack ablatives on this
server which is abused a lot here. (I see it a lot vs Minstrels and Necros)
Sat 22 Aug 2020 4:11 PM by Horus
Allow me to summarize the majority of anti-Ranger whines...

"Nerf rangers! I should be able to kill expers and people going to docks with impunity. It is not fair that rangers wait for me to pop on a lower level then help them from range. I should be able to kill what I want, when I want, where I want! Sure I have "get away free" vanish that I can use when I put myself in a bad situation, but I don't wanna have to use it! I don't wanna! Anything that kills me needs to be nerfed. It is not fair!! Mom, can you bring me down a hot pocket and grape soda?"
Sat 22 Aug 2020 11:01 PM by Dariussdars
Ranger is the most popular class in Hibernia currently.

It isn't because the class is subpar, and lacks in damage.

Rangers hit like a truck, but keep on deflecting from that obvious point.
Sun 23 Aug 2020 6:24 AM by Cadebrennus
Freedomcall wrote:
Sat 22 Aug 2020 11:30 AM
Messerjockel wrote:
Well,

Flup, hib.

Screenshot? I searched herald of Theboogeyman and he seems to be a solo reaver and there is no way bow50/PF48 ranger can only hit him with that.

This is the raw screenshot of how much rangers dealt to my full temp+cleric buffed reaver yesterday.
And if you focus on the damage from "Tah", you can see his first damage is 377(-119) but second damage is 227(-119).

Engage can be your friend, if you hotbar it.
Sun 23 Aug 2020 8:20 AM by Lokkjim
Cadebrennus wrote:
Sun 23 Aug 2020 6:24 AM
Freedomcall wrote:

Engage isn't really your friend when you are trying to kill someone and there's more than one ranger on you.
Sun 23 Aug 2020 11:49 AM by Cadebrennus
Lokkjim wrote:
Sun 23 Aug 2020 8:20 AM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Freedomcall wrote:

Engage isn't really your friend when you are trying to kill someone and there's more than one ranger on you.

Nothing is your friend when you are trying to kill someone and you have two DPS classes also hitting you.
Sun 23 Aug 2020 4:52 PM by Freedomcall
Cadebrennus wrote:
Sun 23 Aug 2020 11:49 AM
Lokkjim wrote:
Sun 23 Aug 2020 8:20 AM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Freedomcall wrote:

Nothing is your friend when you are trying to kill someone and you have two DPS classes also hitting you.

lol yeah I should have engaged, when landing leviathan on an enemy and trying to clear shrooms.
Sure, I should have engaged when 3 rangers and an eld shooting me from behind lol
Sun 23 Aug 2020 5:31 PM by Cipon
Can't see the 500+ normal shots from rangers on the screen, do they need a buff in your opinion?
Sun 23 Aug 2020 8:30 PM by Bry
Please address all archer damage. The stealth zergs are out of control. https://imgur.com/NF64UUN
4 scouts and 1 inf running around together.

This started off at the alb/mid EV dock drop off. I attacked (while solo) what appeared to be a duo. It was a 5 man of stealthers, 3 of which were stealthed.

Its time for this archer FOTM to be over.
Sun 23 Aug 2020 8:47 PM by Messerjockel
I agree with you. I play a ranger not grouped at all times.
How should the nerf look like, a nerf for damage would not have helped you, you would still be dead if the damage would be reduced by 50%
If you think of a nerf if they are grouped let us know how that should look like.

Flup, hib
Mon 24 Aug 2020 3:15 AM by Freedomcall
Cipon wrote:
Sun 23 Aug 2020 5:31 PM
Can't see the 500+ normal shots from rangers on the screen, do they need a buff in your opinion?

lol so you now want 500+ damage on tanks?
Sure, let's go!
let's buff archers more and let them one-shot casters, why not?
Mon 24 Aug 2020 3:49 AM by gotwqqd
Messerjockel wrote:
Sun 23 Aug 2020 8:47 PM
How should the nerf look like, a nerf for damage would not have helped you, you would still be dead if the damage would be reduced by 50%
If you think of a nerf if they are grouped let us know how that should look like.

Flup, hib
The only fix is a severe detection bonus.

Force the stealth apart unless they are willing to live with the downside.
Any enemy stealth within xxxunits(to be determined...maybe 1000 units) increases detect range by x . Where x is the number of stealth.
This is for any and all enemies stealthed, no group required.

Maybe even need to increase the nearby range for archers to 2000 units...as they can thwart 1000 units easily by spacing.
Mon 24 Aug 2020 7:04 AM by Sepplord
just give smallmens / groups a way to flush out stealthergroups reliably

5archers camping a bridge should be easily flushed out if their presence there is known, yet when anything with more than 3people tries to find them, they just jump into the water in all directions and your chances to even find/kill a single one goes near zero

Fun random idea: Different approach, but maybe also worth a thought: scale detection not only on the amount of stealthers grouped, but also on the size of the other sides group. Maybe with a buffer sizedifference of 1. So a Trio or more of stealthers get spotted from afar by solos. 4stealth and more, get spotted by solos/duos easily. etc...
Mon 24 Aug 2020 7:09 AM by Cadebrennus
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 24 Aug 2020 7:04 AM
just give smallmens / groups a way to flush out stealthergroups reliably

5archers camping a bridge should be easily flushed out if their presence there is known, yet when anything with more than 3people tries to find them, they just jump into the water in all directions and your chances to even find/kill a single one goes near zero

Fun random idea: Different approach, but maybe also worth a thought: scale detection not only on the amount of stealthers grouped, but also on the size of the other sides group. Maybe with a buffer sizedifference of 1. So a Trio or more of stealthers get spotted from afar by solos. 4stealth and more, get spotted by solos/duos easily. etc...

This where MoS as an RA is super useful. On Live (before John @ Broadsword nosedived the game into the ground) we would run a high MoS Stealther or two in a Visi group where enemy Stealthzergs were being dicks and running over solos/duos exclusively. It was a lot of fun and a lot of easy RPs to turn on the lights and watch the roaches scatter.

I've advocated for MoS as an RA for years here for this very reason
Mon 24 Aug 2020 7:33 AM by Ceen
gotwqqd wrote:
Mon 24 Aug 2020 3:49 AM
Messerjockel wrote:

Flup, hib

Any enemy stealth within xxxunits(to be determined...maybe 1000 units) increases detect range by x . Where x is the number of stealth.

Maybe even need to increase the nearby range for archers to 2000 units...as they can thwart 1000 units easily by spacing.
You mean something like

2020-05-09 Saturday
- stealther with friendly players around can be detected from further away
Mon 24 Aug 2020 8:07 AM by IdiamVonGawaine
Oh, but it's fine when casters do it?

You know what stops arrows? SHIELD SPEC. You know what stops caster damage? NOTHING.

Your post is garbage and petty.
Mon 24 Aug 2020 1:22 PM by gotwqqd
Ceen wrote:
Mon 24 Aug 2020 7:33 AM
gotwqqd wrote:
Mon 24 Aug 2020 3:49 AM
Messerjockel wrote:

Flup, hib

You mean something like

2020-05-09 Saturday
- stealther with friendly players around can be detected from further away
No
It’s far from a detect boost that needed. And it should only increase with stealth players
Mon 24 Aug 2020 2:23 PM by Noashakra
There are already groups with stealthers doing that in DF. Just yesterday it happened to me imagine with MoS... no way to escape people chasing you.
MoS would make stealth zergs even worst, because you will not be able to avoid them. On top of making archers OP.
It would make the stealthers worst vs all the other classes because everyone would need to run MoS at 5+
Terrible idea.

I am all for a bigger penality and bigger range when stealthers are grouped
Mon 24 Aug 2020 2:35 PM by Cadebrennus
IdiamVonGawaine wrote:
Mon 24 Aug 2020 8:07 AM
Oh, but it's fine when casters do it?

You know what stops arrows? SHIELD SPEC. You know what stops caster damage? NOTHING.

Your post is garbage and petty.

Even an unspecced Shield is ridiculously effective vs Archery
Mon 24 Aug 2020 2:55 PM by Lokkjim
Noashakra wrote:
Mon 24 Aug 2020 2:23 PM
There are already groups with stealthers doing that in DF. Just yesterday it happened to me imagine with MoS... no way to escape people chasing you.
MoS would make stealth zergs even worst, because you will not be able to avoid them. On top of making archers OP.
It would make the stealthers worst vs all the other classes because everyone would need to run MoS at 5+
Terrible idea.

I am all for a bigger penality and bigger range when stealthers are grouped

+1 to bigger penalty and bigger detection range when stealthers (same realm) are in the area.
Tue 25 Aug 2020 7:26 AM by Sabatasso79
Bry wrote:
Tue 18 Aug 2020 6:48 PM
Its time to talk about archer damage. It was buffed a while ago, which was great. Archers felt underpowered. But, almost all archers don't solo. They add on fights or run with other stealthers. Now, the archer damage is way overtuned considering how its played. Its time to lower the damage back down to account for the fact that so many archers add fights and run in groups.
Now, solo damage would be fine. Archers need to be able to solo. Before, killing something with a bow, solo, was laughable. Now, its reasonable. But with more than 2 archers, the damage is unreal.

Proposal: if an archer is hitting a target already engaged in combat, crit shot cannot be used. Penetrating shot cannot be used. Damage scaled down by a %, i'm not sure what % would be fair.

A flat nerf would hurt solo archers. But having no nerf at all just allows the no-skill, adding, zerger archers to ruin the game.

My 2 cents.

How does Detect Hidden work in this game? Do you think maybe there is a solution to the problem? Is there perhaps a counter strategy other than demanding another class to get nerfed?

As the popular phrase on these boards go, adapt!
Thu 3 Sep 2020 4:36 PM by ughsmash
The main thing you get when reading through the pages of this thread is the following: Being Outnumbered is OP

When a few archers all jump you at the same time and you die with no chance of survival it is no fun
    When you are running around with a few archers and an 8 man runs you over and you have no chance to survive it is no fun
    When you are solo and get a fight then an 8 man runs you over it is no fun

Peoples examples of why getting killed by adds when you are in an even fight... Of-course that is not balanced it is a numbers game. Do you really want the devs jumping in and nerfing things based on one side having more numbers than the other in a one off skirmish? I don't

Maybe add a small man/solo zone back, but not nerf classes. If you ruin a solo classes ability to solo they either group up more or don't get played at all.
Thu 3 Sep 2020 5:10 PM by Lokkjim
ughsmash wrote:
Thu 3 Sep 2020 4:36 PM
The main thing you get when reading through the pages of this thread is the following: Being Outnumbered is OP

When a few archers all jump you at the same time and you die with no chance of survival it is no fun
    When you are running around with a few archers and an 8 man runs you over and you have no chance to survive it is no fun

Peoples examples of why getting killed by adds when you are in an even fight... Of-course that is not balanced it is a numbers game. Do you really want the devs jumping in and nerfing things based on one side having more numbers than the other in a one off skirmish? I don't

Maybe add a small man/solo zone back, but not nerf classes. If you ruin a solo classes ability to solo they either group up more or don't get played at all.

My issue personally, is finding one stealther and jumping them because they are all I see, and then an archer adds in from 1500-2000 range away and they do ridiculous damage. It doesn't even have to be multiple archers, but 1 ranger/scout doing 400~ normal damage is overkill, they don't need that much damage in a group situation. Even casters have to debuff to get close to that damage and they do it at a range where they can be interrupted.
Fri 4 Sep 2020 6:22 AM by Noashakra
No my mentalist does between 360 and 395...
Archers are not even close to fire an arrow as fast as a mage...
And archers have no qc to take the upper hand.

I am all for toning down damages a bit but give them sureshot and an arrow to snare with a cooldown.
It's impossible to kite with a bow here. On live at the time of this patch, targets had to run to you and use their endurance to close the distance, or go at normal speed and take more damage. Spec af and endu pot broke the balance for the archers.
Sat 5 Sep 2020 12:14 AM by daytonchambers
Noashakra wrote:
Fri 4 Sep 2020 6:22 AM

I am all for toning down damages a bit but give them sureshot and an arrow to snare with a cooldown.
It's impossible to kite with a bow here. On live at the time of this patch, targets had to run to you and use their endurance to close the distance, or go at normal speed and take more damage. Spec af and endu pot broke the balance for the archers.

Sureshot at 45 archery would be a welcome addition, I've asked for it numerous times myself.

A snArrow might be a bit much, especially paired with a Sureshot. A defender would have no way to catch the shooter, nor any way to secure initiative. It would take the cheese snare BS that scouts have and bake it right into the archery line itself. Fck that.
Sat 5 Sep 2020 12:33 AM by DinoTriz
daytonchambers wrote:
Sat 5 Sep 2020 12:14 AM
Noashakra wrote:

Sureshot at 45 archery would be a welcome addition, I've asked for it numerous times myself.

A snArrow might be a bit much, especially paired with a Sureshot. A defender would have no way to catch the shooter, nor any way to secure initiative. It would take the cheese snare BS that scouts have and bake it right into the archery line itself. Fck that.

No one cares
Sat 5 Sep 2020 12:27 PM by ughsmash
Lokkjim wrote:
Thu 3 Sep 2020 5:10 PM
ughsmash wrote:
Thu 3 Sep 2020 4:36 PM

My issue personally, is finding one stealther and jumping them because they are all I see, and then an archer adds in from 1500-2000 range away and they do ridiculous damage. It doesn't even have to be multiple archers, but 1 ranger/scout doing 400~ normal damage is overkill, they don't need that much damage in a group situation. Even casters have to debuff to get close to that damage and they do it at a range where they can be interrupted.

I think the problem is that archers need to have damage like that to fulfill their role. I play NS/Ranger SB/Hunter and I am in the process of making my Inf/Scout... I like the play style don't hate me. Unless extremely high rr, archers get mowed down in melee. On an equal playing field they either need to get a couple shots off first or have both IP/purge up to have a chance at surviving an encounter with an assassin. If you gimp their bow damage you would need to up their melee, but then they really lose their flavor.

Side note scout shield root has to be changed or removed... don't know what to replace it with, but it is such a low effort obviously op ability introduction.
Sat 5 Sep 2020 2:20 PM by Lokkjim
ughsmash wrote:
Sat 5 Sep 2020 12:27 PM
I think the problem is that archers need to have damage like that to fulfill their role. I play NS/Ranger SB/Hunter and I am in the process of making my Inf/Scout... I like the play style don't hate me. Unless extremely high rr, archers get mowed down in melee. On an equal playing field they either need to get a couple shots off first or have both IP/purge up to have a chance at surviving an encounter with an assassin. If you gimp their bow damage you would need to up their melee, but then they really lose their flavor.

Side note scout shield root has to be changed or removed... don't know what to replace it with, but it is such a low effort obviously op ability introduction.

Why do they need that damage in a group situation? If that damage was with a crit, sure I'd be alright with it, but it's base damage. If they did less damage it wouldn't matter so much in a group. If you try to switch targets to the archer shooting you, you'll get CC'd and die. They have the range to counter the stealth group debuff so that's not a factor. They can keep the damage in a solo situation, but in a group, it should be reduced somehow.
Sat 5 Sep 2020 3:48 PM by ughsmash
Lokkjim wrote:
Sat 5 Sep 2020 2:20 PM
ughsmash wrote:
Sat 5 Sep 2020 12:27 PM

Why do they need that damage in a group situation? If that damage was with a crit, sure I'd be alright with it, but it's base damage. If they did less damage it wouldn't matter so much in a group. If you try to switch targets to the archer shooting you, you'll get CC'd and die. They have the range to counter the stealth group debuff so that's not a factor. They can keep the damage in a solo situation, but in a group, it should be reduced somehow.

I somewhat see your point on this, but implementing nerfs to classes when they are grouped is a slippery slope. Some classes such as casters are allowed to do absolutely insane dmg... more than archers in a group, but archers get nerfed? why?

Realize this is an mmo which should have some leniency to allow people to play the way they want. If there is extreme imbalance in a playstyle, yes it should be looked at, but penalizing people for grouping in a game based on grouping doesn't seem like it could possibly be the best solution.
Sat 5 Sep 2020 4:37 PM by Lokkjim
ughsmash wrote:
Sat 5 Sep 2020 3:48 PM
I somewhat see your point on this, but implementing nerfs to classes when they are grouped is a slippery slope. Some classes such as casters are allowed to do absolutely insane dmg... more than archers in a group, but archers get nerfed? why?

Realize this is an mmo which should have some leniency to allow people to play the way they want. If there is extreme imbalance in a playstyle, yes it should be looked at, but penalizing people for grouping in a game based on grouping doesn't seem like it could possibly be the best solution.

I've been over all of this in the potential archer changes but I'll say it here as well.

Why should archers get penalized? They do more damage than a caster who has to debuff. They do this with a normal shot. They do this at a range further than a caster. They have stealth to choose their targets. They have escape tools. They have self-healing to keep them in the fight. All of this practically encourages stealth groups because you almost eliminate all the risks from going full bow. And I know groups reduce risk, but if a full bow archer is in a group, their risk is practically eliminated because they have the freedom to choose their targets, the range to avoid bad situations, and the ability to survive or escape. There needs to be more risk and we shouldn't encourage stealth groups like this.

Now I've also said that I support a change where they keep their damage but a miss rate is added to archery like caster bolts. This would limit their damage in group situations and retain the solo damage output. I'm not saying this is the only way to change their group output, but it's the best one I've seen IMO.
Sat 5 Sep 2020 4:38 PM by daytonchambers
DinoTriz wrote:
Sat 5 Sep 2020 12:33 AM
daytonchambers wrote:
Sat 5 Sep 2020 12:14 AM
Noashakra wrote:

No one cares

You cared enough to respond, so....

Lots of people will care if all archers get a spammable ranged snare plus an interrupt tool. Fact
Sat 5 Sep 2020 5:32 PM by ughsmash
Lokkjim wrote:
Sat 5 Sep 2020 4:37 PM
I've been over all of this in the potential archer changes but I'll say it here as well.

Why should archers get penalized? They do more damage than a caster who has to debuff. They do this with a normal shot. They do this at a range further than a caster. They have stealth to choose their targets. They have escape tools. They have self-healing to keep them in the fight. All of this practically encourages stealth groups because you almost eliminate all the risks from going full bow. And I know groups reduce risk, but if a full bow archer is in a group, their risk is practically eliminated because they have the freedom to choose their targets, the range to avoid bad situations, and the ability to survive or escape. There needs to be more risk and we shouldn't encourage stealth groups like this.

Now I've also said that I support a change where they keep their damage but a miss rate is added to archery like caster bolts. This would limit their damage in group situations and retain the solo damage output. I'm not saying this is the only way to change their group output, but it's the best one I've seen IMO.

Archers do not do more damage than casters. They can front load better, but if you are talking about group play specifically... Caster DPS is way higher. It isn't even close. Plus the ability to potentially AOE, quick cast, and mez/stun the utility and ability to continue to do ranged damage after being interrupted is not comparable.

What escape tools do archers have? get out of combat and stealth? that is not an escape. Quick cast mez/root/stun is an escape. Scouts however have the BS perma root which needs to be removed, so for scouts specifically I will agree their disengage needs nerfed.

If my friend and I are both playing archers and want to group, but get nerfed if we group up, we will solo near each other and call out targets to avoid the nerf. If we are penalized by being in the same area regardless of being in group, then we will quit the class, because that is a bananas bad idea for balancing. If people play this game because they specifically like archers and you are telling them they cannot group or be around other players of the same type without penalty you will lose players.
Sat 5 Sep 2020 6:09 PM by Lokkjim
ughsmash wrote:
Sat 5 Sep 2020 5:32 PM
Archers do not do more damage than casters. They can front load better, but if you are talking about group play specifically... Caster DPS is way higher. It isn't even close. Plus the ability to potentially AOE, quick cast, and mez/stun the utility and ability to continue to do ranged damage after being interrupted is not comparable.

What escape tools do archers have? get out of combat and stealth? that is not an escape. Quick cast mez/root/stun is an escape. Scouts however have the BS perma root which needs to be removed, so for scouts specifically I will agree their disengage needs nerfed.

If my friend and I are both playing archers and want to group, but get nerfed if we group up, we will solo near each other and call out targets to avoid the nerf. If we are penalized by being in the same area regardless of being in group, then we will quit the class, because that is a bananas bad idea for balancing. If people play this game because they specifically like archers and you are telling them they cannot group or be around other players of the same type without penalty you will lose players.

First I'll address the escape tools. Archers have access to melee snares, Ranger/Hunter have access to speed bursts while Scout has access to slam and the root-snare. Use the snare and speed burst to escape. Time your escape and purge if necessary. Then when you have distance, stealth away. If you are solo you can easily avoid stealth lore. If you don't have access to these tools that is your choice, but they are there. Snares and stealth are escape tools, sure it's not as great as stun/mez/root but they are escape tools.

Second I'll address the damage difference between casters and archers. The full bow archer starts the fight with a crit shot for 750~ damage at 2000 range as that is most often when they are revealed. They then proceed to normal shot for 400~ damage while the target is running towards them. Now the target is at 1500 range and the Ranger has done 1150~ damage and the caster can now attack since they are in range. Do I need to add in the fact that a caster still has to debuff the target to get close to 400 damage before they can do damage and it only has an 8-second duration? Sure, a caster will EVENTUALLY overtake an archer in damage, but by the time they do, squishies are definitely dead, light tanks are dead, tanks might still be alive for the archer. Now, this did ignore the fact that there are shields in the game, but it also ignored interrupts and any form of CC from the caster.

Lastly, the idea of treating archery like bolts wouldn't hamper your proposed playstyle. As I've said in other posts all an archer would have to do is coordinate their targets which I'm absolutely fine with. Not 2 or 3 archers shooting the same target for 400~ damage each. This wouldn't be a nerf to groups but a nerf to archery assist damage. There is already a penalty for being in a stealth group and the archer population did not go down. So you have to work a little harder to maximize damage, shouldn't be hard with actual coordination instead of just pop and shoot.
Sat 5 Sep 2020 8:01 PM by Saroi
Lokkjim wrote:
Sat 5 Sep 2020 6:09 PM
First I'll address the escape tools. Archers have access to melee snares, Ranger/Hunter have access to speed bursts while Scout has access to slam and the root-snare. Use the snare and speed burst to escape. Time your escape and purge if necessary. Then when you have distance, stealth away. If you are solo you can easily avoid stealth lore. If you don't have access to these tools that is your choice, but they are there. Snares and stealth are escape tools, sure it's not as great as stun/mez/root but they are escape tools.

Second I'll address the damage difference between casters and archers. The full bow archer starts the fight with a crit shot for 750~ damage at 2000 range as that is most often when they are revealed. They then proceed to normal shot for 400~ damage while the target is running towards them. Now the target is at 1500 range and the Ranger has done 1150~ damage and the caster can now attack since they are in range. Do I need to add in the fact that a caster still has to debuff the target to get close to 400 damage before they can do damage and it only has an 8-second duration? Sure, a caster will EVENTUALLY overtake an archer in damage, but by the time they do, squishies are definitely dead, light tanks are dead, tanks might still be alive for the archer. Now, this did ignore the fact that there are shields in the game, but it also ignored interrupts and any form of CC from the caster.

Lastly, the idea of treating archery like bolts wouldn't hamper your proposed playstyle. As I've said in other posts all an archer would have to do is coordinate their targets which I'm absolutely fine with. Not 2 or 3 archers shooting the same target for 400~ damage each. This wouldn't be a nerf to groups but a nerf to archery assist damage. There is already a penalty for being in a stealth group and the archer population did not go down. So you have to work a little harder to maximize damage, shouldn't be hard with actual coordination instead of just pop and shoot.

You are writing too much about paper DAoC.

If you fight other melees they will have access to snares too. If your enemy isn't a brainless sticker it is harder for the Archer to get the snare off and purge will be mostly needed for stun because with the lower weaponskill evade/parry for the enemy to get his stun off will be most likely. Speed is something good but even if you run and press it right after an Attack, the enemy will mostly still be able to attack you before you are out of attack range. Only Sniper that can easily defend himself is the Scout.

The 750 damage will not be done on Critshot. If you start with crit shot, only half damage will be done. Bubble still takes 50% damage here unless you use longshot/volley but longshot can only be done for normal. Most casters have more than 1500 Range. Sorc mezz, Bolts, Nearsights, Theurg pets and or pets from Caba/Ench etc.
Which Light tank will be dead? Light Tanks like Berserker have 2500 HP, no Archer will be able to kill that by just walking, even if you don't consider any interrupts, blocks, evades and so. Even with my SB I got shot by a Ranger and could just walk and survive that. Vs most Hybrids it is very hard/near impossible to win(Reaver for example)

As for your lastly, it is hard to find a right balance. Archers should do much damage. Before the archery buffs, archery was pretty gimp. Archers got completely ignored when fighting, because Sins/Melee specced Archers did more damage than actual snipers. I dunno how often I ran into stealth grps and was able to kill a Sin, while being shot from Archers and didn't care. Now, I have to try to interrupt or focus Archers because I know they are a threat.

The Archer population, or in other Words mostly Ranger population won't be lowered anymore. The high we had right after the archery buff is already down to the same amount of Rangers we had before the archery buffs. If Archery gets nerfed, they will just go back to melee if they have to. THe reason Ranger population is so high is simply back then when Phoenix changed the 75 value charges and made them to 50 to be on pair with Potbuffs, giving selfbuff classes like Rangers the upper hand. Since that day Rangers have been the most played stealth class. The only way to truely lower the population would be to give everyone the 75 charges again but that would be an overall change for the whole server.

As for the non paper DAoC. Pretty much everyone with a shield has a good go vs. Archers. Non spec small shield users like Shaman/Minstrel already have around 15% block chance. This is the reason why everyone should have a shield, Sins, Berserker etc. It is like you said on something else. They have the option and if they don't use it, they choose not to use it.

Every other that can spec into shield gets a higher bonus and if they have engage ability. Engage block chance is 95% vs. Archery, good luck trying to hit something through that.
Sat 5 Sep 2020 9:12 PM by Lokkjim
Saroi wrote:
Sat 5 Sep 2020 8:01 PM

I'm just going to make a few points here, because these posts are getting kind of tedious at this point.

If you fight other melees they will have access to snares too. If your enemy isn't a brainless sticker it is harder for the Archer to get the snare off and purge will be mostly needed for stun because with the lower weaponskill evade/parry for the enemy to get his stun off will be most likely. Speed is something good but even if you run and press it right after an Attack, the enemy will mostly still be able to attack you before you are out of attack range. Only Sniper that can easily defend himself is the Scout.

- Yes, other melees have access to snares, but there are ways of being prepared for that, and you can choose your fights from stealth. Most melee snares have a requirement that can be avoided besides the assassin (which should be a bow archer killer in a 1v1). This is also a trade that you SHOULD have to make, if you choose full bow, you should be aware of the weaknesses in that spec. Don't just expect Phoenix to cater to the way you want to play.

The 750 damage will not be done on Critshot. If you start with crit shot, only half damage will be done. Bubble still takes 50% damage here unless you use longshot/volley but longshot can only be done for normal. Most casters have more than 1500 Range. Sorc mezz, Bolts, Nearsights, Theurg pets and or pets from Caba/Ench etc.
Which Light tank will be dead? Light Tanks like Berserker have 2500 HP, no Archer will be able to kill that by just walking, even if you don't consider any interrupts, blocks, evades and so. Even with my SB I got shot by a Ranger and could just walk and survive that. Vs most Hybrids it is very hard/near impossible to win(Reaver for example)

- As archers get stealth they get the advantage of choosing their target. If you choose to crit shot a bubble that's your choice, but archers still have the advantage of choosing the fight. And are you saying berserkers have 2500 HP with pot buffs or actual buffs? Because again, an archer could choose their target, which would hopefully be the buffer at that point. As for the range of casters, that was in reference to damage output, not CC or debuffs, we were comparing the damage of a caster to an archer as getting into the specifics of every class would be way too much of a hassle.

As for your lastly, it is hard to find a right balance. Archers should do much damage. Before the archery buffs, archery was pretty gimp. Archers got completely ignored when fighting, because Sins/Melee specced Archers did more damage than actual snipers. I dunno how often I ran into stealth grps and was able to kill a Sin, while being shot from Archers and didn't care. Now, I have to try to interrupt or focus Archers because I know they are a threat.

- Again, I am not saying that overall archer damage should be nerfed. But their assist damage should be nerfed in some way. This would keep the solo damage while limiting stealth groups which everyone already complains about.

The Archer population, or in other Words mostly Ranger population won't be lowered anymore. The high we had right after the archery buff is already down to the same amount of Rangers we had before the archery buffs. If Archery gets nerfed, they will just go back to melee if they have to. THe reason Ranger population is so high is simply back then when Phoenix changed the 75 value charges and made them to 50 to be on pair with Potbuffs, giving selfbuff classes like Rangers the upper hand. Since that day Rangers have been the most played stealth class. The only way to truely lower the population would be to give everyone the 75 charges again but that would be an overall change for the whole server.

- I'd rather deal with tanky rangers with red MoA'd buffs compared to 400~ damage normal shots every few seconds from multiple rangers. At least you could see them when you walk up on a stealth group instead of archers sending out bait and then assisting from 1500-2000 range.

As for the non paper DAoC. Pretty much everyone with a shield has a good go vs. Archers. Non spec small shield users like Shaman/Minstrel already have around 15% block chance. This is the reason why everyone should have a shield, Sins, Berserker etc. It is like you said on something else. They have the option and if they don't use it, they choose not to use it.

- In a group situation, why would an assassin/zerk/etc use a shield? This is about archer adds/groups, not 1v1. If you're suggesting they should use a shield in a group fight, then that defeats the purpose of the class (the dual wielders at least).

Every other that can spec into shield gets a higher bonus and if they have engage ability. Engage block chance is 95% vs. Archery, good luck trying to hit something through that.

- Who's going to engage in a group situation? The archer would just switch targets.

Replies in green.
Sat 5 Sep 2020 9:40 PM by gotwqqd
Saroi wrote:
Sat 5 Sep 2020 8:01 PM
Lokkjim wrote:
Sat 5 Sep 2020 6:09 PM

I’ve been attacked with my merc.
Switch shield /face/engage
Never seems to save me while closing
Sat 5 Sep 2020 9:43 PM by Cadebrennus
Always have your Shield out. Only switch to DW when about to hit someone in melee.
Tue 8 Sep 2020 2:01 AM by Parole
[/quote]
[/quote]

just break LOS and use a dd charge when you're closing on him.

Done.

LOL cmon people try harder, seriously.
Tue 8 Sep 2020 6:03 AM by gotwqqd
Parole wrote:
Tue 8 Sep 2020 2:01 AM
[/quote]

just break LOS and use a dd charge when you're closing on him.

Done.

LOL cmon people try harder, seriously.
[/quote]
Break Los ....yea right

And my opinion is all these /use items encroach on other classes. The micromanaging is not needed. It would be a better game with everyone basically having access to everything in the game
Thu 17 Sep 2020 4:52 PM by Bry
Bumping this thread again. I'm solo on my chanter. I'm 1v2 vs runemaster and warrior. A scout adds me after i kill the runemaster. The warrior slams me and hits me. The scout comes out of stealth and crit shots me for 645 damage. I have pd5. Crit shot shouldn't work on a target already in combat. Archers are toxic 95% of the time and add other players already in fights. Please nerf archer damage and fix crit shot so it doens't work on players already in combat, as it should be. Archers are a cancer on this server.
Thu 17 Sep 2020 7:26 PM by gotwqqd
Bry wrote:
Thu 17 Sep 2020 4:52 PM
Bumping this thread again. I'm solo on my chanter. I'm 1v2 vs runemaster and warrior. A scout adds me after i kill the runemaster. The warrior slams me and hits me. The scout comes out of stealth and crit shots me for 645 damage. I have pd5. Crit shot shouldn't work on a target already in combat. Archers are toxic 95% of the time and add other players already in fights. Please nerf archer damage and fix crit shot so it doens't work on players already in combat, as it should be. Archers are a cancer on this server.
So maybe we make cast stun not work on in combat foes
Thu 17 Sep 2020 7:52 PM by inoeth
i also have a new friend: bowharry
the dude always just sits on keep walls or glitches himself to locations you normally cant reach and from there adding every fight
already reported but nothing happended
Fri 18 Sep 2020 1:41 AM by IdiamVonGawaine
So let me get this right......some SOLO cloth wearing caster that took on a warrior AND a runemaster, and managed to kill the runemaster before dying is complaining about archer damage? Really?

How ironic.
Fri 18 Sep 2020 5:59 AM by Lokkjim
IdiamVonGawaine wrote:
Fri 18 Sep 2020 1:41 AM
So let me get this right......some SOLO cloth wearing caster that took on a warrior AND a runemaster, and managed to kill the runemaster before dying is complaining about archer damage? Really?

How ironic.

I think he's complaining about being crit shot while in combat, which a few people have mentioned in various threads, even archers themselves.
Fri 18 Sep 2020 9:06 AM by MeatBicycle
Lokkjim wrote:
Fri 18 Sep 2020 5:59 AM
IdiamVonGawaine wrote:
Fri 18 Sep 2020 1:41 AM

How ironic.

I think he's complaining about being crit shot while in combat, which a few people have mentioned in various threads, even archers themselves.

Critshots in combat are just ridiculous. And the amount of archers camping around every task flag is plain stupid. Toxic add gameplay which gets fine rewards, thats sucks.
Fri 18 Sep 2020 9:57 AM by Forlornhope
Being crit shot in combat is something the devs did specifically earlier on in the server, just in case any of the people posting about it thinks it's a bug.
Fri 18 Sep 2020 9:58 AM by Messerjockel
Experienced it myself,

Sometimes but very rarely a critshot goes through in combat
What happened much more often is that a critshot on a target not in combat becomes a standard shot.

Flup, hib
Sat 26 Sep 2020 1:29 PM by Higach
Just get rid of combis in RvR. Let solos be the unbuffed sh*tters they were originally supposed to be when not grouped.
Mon 28 Sep 2020 11:55 AM by Noashakra
Higach wrote:
Sat 26 Sep 2020 1:29 PM
Just get rid of combis in RvR. Let solos be the unbuffed sh*tters they were originally supposed to be when not grouped.

Could you just gtfo?
We get it, you are a sad man spewing your sadness and toxicity, projecting on gamers and forums. Move on.
Sat 3 Oct 2020 3:51 PM by Fugax
cuz vis never adds fights... rofl. sounds like someone has the case of the Mondays.... rofl
Sat 3 Oct 2020 6:58 PM by Horus
I've been watching my logs the last few days...

I have never observed this "crit shot hitting a target in melee for full damage" thing.

I've added on many many fights and always opened with a crit shot.

It has always been 1/2 damage. Not sure under what conditions this may land for full damage. Maybe if the target is in melee but stunned?
Sat 3 Oct 2020 8:53 PM by gruenesschaf
Horus wrote:
Sat 3 Oct 2020 6:58 PM
I've been watching my logs the last few days...

I have never observed this "crit shot hitting a target in melee for full damage" thing.

I've added on many many fights and always opened with a crit shot.

It has always been 1/2 damage. Not sure under what conditions this may land for full damage. Maybe if the target is in melee but stunned?

One of the original crit shot limitations is still in place: you cannot crit shot a target that is in swing delay at the time the arrow hits.
Sun 4 Oct 2020 2:07 PM by Messerjockel
I think I just hit bobbahunter at 10.06 EST at crim dropoff with 847 damage. I believe he was in a fight at that time.
Bobba, were you stunned when I hit you?

Flup, hib
Sun 4 Oct 2020 3:09 PM by Tyrlaan
gruenesschaf wrote:
Sat 3 Oct 2020 8:53 PM
One of the original crit shot limitations is still in place: you cannot crit shot a target that is in swing delay at the time the arrow hits.
Thanks for the clarification.
Sun 4 Oct 2020 3:40 PM by Messerjockel
Yeah, second occurrence this morning, it seems it can crit hit if my target is in stun.

Flup, hib
Sun 4 Oct 2020 7:17 PM by daytonchambers
Messerjockel wrote:
Sun 4 Oct 2020 3:40 PM
Yeah, second occurrence this morning, it seems it can crit hit if my target is in stun.

Flup, hib

Stunned, yes you can crit them. Mezzed targets though can not be crit
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics