Adjust the Underdog bonus?

Started 15 Sep 2020
by Toss
in Suggestions
I enjoy Zergfights, its usually less tense than smaller groups and. What i do not enjoy is either winning 3:1 or Losing 1:3
Relic hoppers are a big thing really, its very noticeable wich Zerg is the strongest by the amounts of the Relics, and its only in player numbers.
Right now f.ex Albs have 3:1 on Hibs and 5:1 on Mids.. They have no chance. Impossible to do anything really except ninja some tower. Whatever you try, you get rolled, you basicly mass-give-away rps.

Why not have stronger underdog bonuses as of Rps % ? I dont think you should be massivly rewarded for steamrolling others with no chance of losing.

However if you manage to kill a zerg or even solo for that matter 1:3 you should be greatly rewarded.

I like to rvr but i just dont see the point when you have no chance what so ever out there. Yeah you can run small tasks and get rolled by some FG's i still think there should be a better underdog bonus.

Ask Mids what they think ^^
Tue 15 Sep 2020 9:57 PM by LolaEbola
Toss wrote:
Tue 15 Sep 2020 7:03 PM
I enjoy Zergfights, its usually less tense than smaller groups and. What i do not enjoy is either winning 3:1 or Losing 1:3
Relic hoppers are a big thing really, its very noticeable wich Zerg is the strongest by the amounts of the Relics, and its only in player numbers.
Right now f.ex Albs have 3:1 on Hibs and 5:1 on Mids.. They have no chance. Impossible to do anything really except ninja some tower. Whatever you try, you get rolled, you basicly mass-give-away rps.

Why not have stronger underdog bonuses as of Rps % ? I dont think you should be massivly rewarded for steamrolling others with no chance of losing.

However if you manage to kill a zerg or even solo for that matter 1:3 you should be greatly rewarded.

I like to rvr but i just dont see the point when you have no chance what so ever out there. Yeah you can run small tasks and get rolled by some FG's i still think there should be a better underdog bonus.

I’m a mid! I’m a mid when we have relics, when we don’t. When the whole realm is blue or when it’s green or red or red/green... still a mid.

That being said, I know I’m the minority. People bounce around, and I take no real issue with them as an individual. But, I’ve been saying for a long time, there should be decent incentives to playing on the underpopulated realm.

I think it should work on a scale, so if they have twice our numbers, the incentive is large. If they have three times our numbers, it’s huge. If the realms are relatively close to balanced, the incentive can start to go away.

I’m all for this, whether we’re currently the weak realm or the strong realm.

That being said, whatever you do, I’ll adapt and I’ll keep clicking that blue hammer when I log in.
Wed 16 Sep 2020 5:02 AM by Gildar
LolaEbola wrote:
Tue 15 Sep 2020 9:57 PM
Toss wrote:
Tue 15 Sep 2020 7:03 PM

I’m a mid! I’m a mid when we have relics, when we don’t. When the whole realm is blue or when it’s green or red or red/green... still a mid.

That being said, I know I’m the minority. People bounce around, and I take no real issue with them as an individual. But, I’ve been saying for a long time, there should be decent incentives to playing on the underpopulated realm.

I think it should work on a scale, so if they have twice our numbers, the incentive is large. If they have three times our numbers, it’s huge. If the realms are relatively close to balanced, the incentive can start to go away.

I’m all for this, whether we’re currently the weak realm or the strong realm.

That being said, whatever you do, I’ll adapt and I’ll keep clicking that blue hammer when I log in.

Maximum respect for you Loola.
/bow
No other words needed.
Wed 16 Sep 2020 6:32 AM by Sepplord
maybe switching the baseline for the calculation would already be enough...

Afaik (and i hope i am not remembering this completely wrong, didn't have coffee yet ) currently 50mids 50hibs 100albs would result in a 50% bonus for mid/hib. Because there are 50% less mids than albs. The Albion population is the baseline for the 100%.
If you switch it around and make each realm their own baseline and then give a bonus depending on the difference to the highest population realm. With the same numbers as above, hib and mid would be getting 100%bonus

That system would allow for infinite RP bonus scaling...so it might need a cap, or something for low poptimes so it doesn't get too crazy
Wed 16 Sep 2020 8:09 AM by inoeth
i dont care about zerg but yes plz more rp bonus for mids, good ppl deserve it
Wed 16 Sep 2020 4:37 PM by Toss
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 16 Sep 2020 6:32 AM
maybe switching the baseline for the calculation would already be enough...

Afaik (and i hope i am not remembering this completely wrong, didn't have coffee yet ) currently 50mids 50hibs 100albs would result in a 50% bonus for mid/hib. Because there are 50% less mids than albs. The Albion population is the baseline for the 100%.
If you switch it around and make each realm their own baseline and then give a bonus depending on the difference to the highest population realm. With the same numbers as above, hib and mid would be getting 100%bonus

That system would allow for infinite RP bonus scaling...so it might need a cap, or something for low poptimes so it doesn't get too crazy

Doesnt work if noone gets a kill... Only helps soloers as of right now really. The zerg will still lose no matter if the bonus is 10k %. A solo however will still be equally strong 1v1 but willing to take much higher risk as they would get 100k rps for a kill instead of 1k
Thu 17 Sep 2020 12:35 PM by Sepplord
No RP bonus will ever change the outcome of a fight...
and it isn't supposed to do that

it is to give more people incentives to play there, or stay there instead of leaving the "sinking ship"
Sun 20 Sep 2020 6:25 PM by Toss
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 17 Sep 2020 12:35 PM
No RP bonus will ever change the outcome of a fight...
and it isn't supposed to do that

it is to give more people incentives to play there, or stay there instead of leaving the "sinking ship"

So we can remove RP gain all together? Cause thats not why we are fighting... right?.... sigh
Tue 22 Sep 2020 6:45 AM by Sepplord
uhh....what?

You claimed that RP bonus doesn't change anything, since you still need to kill someone to get the bonus, to which i replied that the bonus' job isn't to change the outcome of a fight. It's job is to make people stick around an underpopulated realm and try to find good fights against the odds. And because the odds are lower, the rewards are higher. Simple topic imo

Hard to understand how you failed that gradeshool level of context and arrived at the suggestion to just remove RPs in total
Wed 23 Sep 2020 6:25 PM by Toss
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 22 Sep 2020 6:45 AM
uhh....what?

You claimed that RP bonus doesn't change anything, since you still need to kill someone to get the bonus, to which i replied that the bonus' job isn't to change the outcome of a fight. It's job is to make people stick around an underpopulated realm and try to find good fights against the odds. And because the odds are lower, the rewards are higher. Simple topic imo

Hard to understand how you failed that gradeshool level of context and arrived at the suggestion to just remove RPs in total

Guess i dodged your point, sorry about that. By the way, a sentence starts with an uppercase, that was taught in gradeschool too
Thu 24 Sep 2020 7:23 AM by Sepplord
You are right and it should have been an upper case U.

Since that's the only thing you want to dispute i'll gladly settle for me having bad grammar/punctuation/capitalization/whatever but a good point for anyone who choses to focus on the content.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics